Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

star-crossed 05-16-2018 02:50 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4620171)
I’ll be on more in about an hour so ask me questions and I’ll try to help out then. I’ll leave you with this last thought until I get back: so while the third party suspicion still exists on me (?) I think it’s rather odd that I would also be a lynch candidate today, seeing as how it could cost us the game (If I read that correctly).

From D0, I was wondering why you thought ffa was being "bad in a townie way" (paraphrased) regarding his supposed suspicions of you as the sk.

Other than that, I do not really have specific questions. I would ask that you try to dedicate your time to trying to figure stuff out rather than continuing to make statements like you did at the end of this post. Imagine if all anybody did today was say that hanging them could cost us the game.

Olimar12345 05-16-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620175)
From D0, I was wondering why you thought ffa was being "bad in a townie way" (paraphrased) regarding his supposed suspicions of you as the sk.

Not really, iirc that comment was directed at his posting style.

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620175)
Other than that, I do not really have specific questions. I would ask that you try to dedicate your time to trying to figure stuff out rather than continuing to make statements like you did at the end of this post. Imagine if all anybody did today was say that hanging them could cost us the game.

Sorry, to clarify I meant that it was weird to suspect me of 3P AND ALSO put me up for lynch. Humans don't want to lynch 3P; my point was that you should be either "He's 3P, don't shoot!" or "He's not 3P, shoot/don't shoot!"

star-crossed 05-16-2018 04:40 PM

Well in my eyes, since there is one mafia and one sk left, hanging one is just as good as hanging another. But I have more hope of being able to find the mafia, personally, and will hope to get lucky in finding the sk.

Celirra 05-16-2018 04:58 PM

For some reason olimar is the towniest inactive I've seen

star-crossed 05-16-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620179)

What do you think of roundbox's theory that either you or roundbox was who Manti guarded?

Celirra 05-16-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620180)
What do you think of roundbox's theory that either you or roundbox was who Manti guarded?

I don't know why Manti would guard either of us?

roundbox 05-16-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620181)
I don't know why Manti would guard either of us?

it's a jailkeep

he save
yet he also blocc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620149)
Unless there's some super weird stuff going on and the wolf and third party just so happened to hit the same person, I'm going to take a guess and say that this sets up Olimar as anti-town.

hey, why do you have this conclusion? who is the other anti-town? why is Olimar the definitive anti-town from your POV?

star-crossed 05-16-2018 07:32 PM

You knwo what is sad? I have seen so many more dddead players and peooople not even playing be seen asreading this, for longer, than the people that are. Hello

star-crossed 05-16-2018 07:39 PM

And that reminds me,, round bo sounds so much like sunfan in this game soemtimes. Liike when he said he is glad nto to have a gun. He sounds more like sunfan than himself, to mee

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620153)
What if it's roundbox wolf and star sk? Am I wrong to clear star so easily? This world actually makes the most sense to me, and I could see how a really strong sk would play equivalent to how a town would with respect to trying to solve.

Roundbox I can buy, but Star is pretty much just a paranoia pick. The only way I can see that is if Star decided to carry on the guise of an inactive sk because psycho was inactive, with the additional benefit of framing Olimar, but honestly, I think it would be more beneficial for Star to just kill anyway and pretend like the earlier lack of kills were just flukes. But it would make more sense if it was just Olimar being inactive from the very beginning. His sudden appearance is kind of odd too, but eh. Though, at the same time, Star seeming to double down with posting to try and ensure not being lynched is kind of concerning, in the same kind of strange paranoid gut feeling way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620169)
So you are pursuing a line of questioning with Haku, and a line of questioning with ffa. With the one with ffa, you seem to be questioning him while also making a lot of effort to present your own thought processes about what his actions seem to be. To me, that looks like you really want people to think you are a town, more than you are concerned about biasing his response to your question by giving him information about how you are perceiving him... I am not sure how to feel about your declaration that it was "probably futile" to try, in light of this. You never followed up to say how you felt about the answer, but did give him a kind of town lean for his read on Cel later, I noticed.

Eh, I disagree, but I think that's more due to the type of player I am.

Quote:

What is /your/ memory of his accuracy on reading you in these games? How come you didn't try to pressure him on the subject yourself? How do you reconcile the fact that you kept encouraging others to pressure him, but you seem to also hold the belief that asking him stuff is "futile"? If you know that you are town, what is "convenient" about the thing you are calling out, anyway?

As I recall, there's only one game where I was a wolf since FFA started spouting on about his supposed accurate reads on me, where he "caught" me because he misread a joke post I made. Given that, I don't think there's enough data to decide how accurate he really is, but knowing the type of player he is, I'm pretty sure he's just convinced himself he's accurate when in reality he can't read me better than anyone else because he always tends to act like he knows better than anyone else.

I mean, I already gave an answer as to why.

I don't I seemed to hold that "belief," aside from joking that it was "probably futile." I don't know how many games you've played with FFA before, but if you've played as many with him as I have (we're both from NSM), you'd completely understand what I was getting at here (and I'm sure Olimar can confirm as well).

If you're 100% accurate in games you "care to" remember, you can just "forgot" the games you're inaccurate in (e.g. you can claim that you've never lost a TWG in games you remember if you just forgot the games where you didn't win!). :P I don't think there's anything else to explain (nor any relevancy to that quote) other than that, because, to be honest, you seem like you're digging in to individual word choices way too much to the point where you're ignoring obvious jokes. And now you're making me have to explain my jokes way too deeply which kind of kills the humor...

Quote:

It is just strange to me, since as I understand it you are the one who has played with ffa the most, that your own opinion on the matter shines through so much less than your repeated declarations that others need to pressure him. Before, I had mainly looked at the interactions between the two of you as whether they seemed genuine on his end.

As I recall, I also mentioned that because of FFA's repeatedly similar behavior, my tendency is to assign him a "null" read unless there's any additional information to indicate otherwise, because on NSM at least, he has/had a tendency to be a popular Day 1 lynch regardless of role because of his behavior.

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620172)
The description of raeko compared to others seems more lukewarm than others, and seems to emphasize raeko as a "past vote" rather than emphasizing what the bad feeling was or why it is less present. I know he later mentioned someone saying she is usually quiet was a factor, but still. She was, however, the only living player he had voted at the time, but given he was OK with so many other lynches in this post I am not sure why having voted her in the past, was especially relevant.

I mean, I already gave an explanation to that.

Covering Page 54 in next post.

roundbox 05-16-2018 07:42 PM

I'd buy me sounding like sunfan

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620179)

why

tbh i think his sudden bursts of being active after lengthy periods of inactivity is more suspicious

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620182)
hey, why do you have this conclusion? who is the other anti-town? why is Olimar the definitive anti-town from your POV?

Like I explained in my post above, a lack of a second kill would most logically imply that either the sk was inactive (Olimar), or pretending to be inactive (Star, to continue on with psycho's inactivity), the latter of which is kind of hard to believe.

Other anti-town is probably you. Olimar being a wolf is less likely (since if there was an active sk there would've likely been three kills on at least one prior phase), thus he's probably the serial killer.

star-crossed 05-16-2018 07:49 PM

I havve played with ffa once, and he was hangedo n day 1. But I voted for soundwave!!

It is posisble I am not getting jokes, because I am not that funny. RIP funnygirlwolfperson.

Jus tbecause you already talked aoutsomething does not mean that it was addressed enough to make sense, but. I will read over itagain tomorrow, to see ify ou make more sense to me then. I just think you saying that over and over is a copuout of rrhetoricalness

I do not think I would not kill on perpose, because I wake up every day of this game wishing somebody would kill me off in the night, because this is all acrapshoot, but I cannot say for sure isnce I am alwaystown

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620194)
Jus tbecause you already talked aoutsomething does not mean that it was addressed enough to make sense, but. I will read over itagain tomorrow, to see ify ou make more sense to me then. I just think you saying that over and over is a copuout of rrhetoricalness

I mean, there are only so many times I can say the same thing in different ways. I don't know what else you expect; if something happens to go over your head (such as certain in-jokes), you shouldn't blame me for that when I've already tried to explain them.

roundbox 05-16-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620191)
Roundbox I can buy, but Star is pretty much just a paranoia pick. The only way I can see that is if Star decided to carry on the guise of an inactive sk because psycho was inactive, with the additional benefit of framing Olimar, but honestly, I think it would be more beneficial for Star to just kill anyway and pretend like the earlier lack of kills were just flukes.

lmao
there is no way that this is true
I think I was right about the manti blocking celery and curry being the last antitown

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620191)
As I recall, there's only one game where I was a wolf since FFA started spouting on about his supposed accurate reads on me, where he "caught" me because he misread a joke post I made. Given that, I don't think there's enough data to decide how accurate he really is, but knowing the type of player he is, I'm pretty sure he's just convinced himself he's accurate when in reality he can't read me better than anyone else because he always tends to act like he knows better than anyone else.

yawn
describing self-meta this late into the game is pretty lame and I'm not gonna buy a second of it

star-crossed 05-16-2018 08:00 PM

I get annoyed in particular, when I see ffa on theactive list , because it's like screw you for being so confusing, you made so many posts and i am still not sure in who is mafia. THough I guess that is the point

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620196)
there is no way that this is true

excuse me

what

Quote:

yawn
describing self-meta this late into the game is pretty lame and I'm not gonna buy a second of it
Star asked, I answered. Do you expect me to ignore questions directed at me just because it's too "late into the game"?

star-crossed 05-16-2018 08:03 PM

actually I have another question. Was it a joke, to ask other people to pressure him, or was that serious? I am confused, because you glossed over it kind of. Or I can't read

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620199)
actually I have another question. Was it a joke, to ask other people to pressure him, or was that serious? I am confused, because you glossed over it kind of. Or I can't read

I was serious about that, though I don't think anyone ended up doing that (though they did do a "lynch first, ask questions later" type thing with him that ended up working out quite well).

star-crossed 05-16-2018 08:13 PM

I did not really follow why you thought I would be the most likely person to be trying to frame olimar, if somebody was going to do that, bythe way