Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

roundbox 05-14-2018 11:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

so it's lynch an inactive or lynch an inactive

tbh I wish curry and rice died here to solve my weird fantasy about him being wolf and celery being SK

I'm talking to myself and TIME IS GOING SO FAST

IS THIS FIRE EMBLEM ALL OVER AGAIN

FINE I'LL LISTEN TO VIGI EVEN THOUGH THIS IS A HARD TOWN LYHNCH

xel

blindreper1179 05-15-2018 12:00 AM

stop posting

inDheart 05-15-2018 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620084)
so it's lynch an inactive or lynch an inactive

tbh I wish curry and rice died here to solve my weird fantasy about him being wolf and celery being SK

somehow i missed where curry was the wolf in that fantasy

i gud at reading i guess

blindreper1179 05-15-2018 12:03 AM

votes

Star-->xel
zoshi-->Oli
Xel-->Xel
Round-->cel
Round-->unvote
Curry-->xel
Ind-->Oli
Round-->xel

xel-4
oli-2

This one was pretty easy to keep track, so no need for the 5 minutes.

Xel has been lynched. He was aS.T.A.R.S. member

it is night, and day will begin at 12:00:01am server time may 16th.

Send any night actions if you have any.

blindreper1179 05-16-2018 12:02 AM

In the night, Zoshi has died. He was a S.T.A.R.S. member

It is day, and will end at 12:00:01 on may 18th.

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 12:25 AM

Huh...

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 12:31 AM

Unless there's some super weird stuff going on and the wolf and third party just so happened to hit the same person, I'm going to take a guess and say that this sets up Olimar as anti-town.

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 12:39 AM

If there had been three kills in the past, I would say it was possible that either the wolf hit the third party (with one-shot bulletproof) or the third party hit the wolf (also with one-shot bulletproof), but honestly, how likely is that at this point?

Celirra 05-16-2018 06:20 AM

I'm surprised about xel flip but still stick by that he was the right call given what he gave us to go off of

2 things stand out to me:
1) we have a pr that claimed that is still alive
2) wolf and sk stack on zoshi / bulletproof popped

So from here:
1: InD is lock vigi right? Like counter claiming now is probably too late; why didn't he die?
2: assuming 1, with 6 left and one guaranteed town, we had 5 to choose from; for obvious reasons I can clear myself, and I think star is as town as it gets, so from my position it's between Olimar, Curry, and Roundbox (solely poe)

Out of olimar, curry, and roundbox, there's 3 styles and I need to work out which is most scummy:

1) inactive olimar
2) tone on curry
3) poor play on roundbox

Obviously the case on curry is weakest so I'm assuming sk and wolf are between olimar and roundbox

My issue here though is I don't see olimar as either sk or wolf even though he's been useless, based on his d0.

What if it's roundbox wolf and star sk? Am I wrong to clear star so easily? This world actually makes the most sense to me, and I could see how a really strong sk would play equivalent to how a town would with respect to trying to solve.

In other news there's actually a chance this is our last lynch (mislynch -> 2 town deaths -> 1/1/1; or mislynch -> town death -> 2/1/1; I think either of these are game over by town unless the latter involves sk and wolf killing each other at the end)

inDheart 05-16-2018 08:45 AM

did not expect to be alive

yes, this scenario is why i claimed yesterday

the night deaths suggest neither faction has found a player with a vest, or if they have, they currently need that person to help continue mowing down the town and it's not exactly working

probably should have just lynched olimar if he's going to hard afk

more later i guess

star-crossed 05-16-2018 08:47 AM

Regarding Xel's hanging, I have a lot of feelings about, but it is probably best I do not share them, other than to say I really felt it was the best lead I felt I had. I feel very much like this is going to come down to luck basically, especially when it comes to finding the serial killer...but I am going to try to read over the entire game chronologically again, to see if I notice different interactions, to at least get a better idea of who is the last mafia. I worry I may be biased against roundbox because he and I are never both here at once, but I will see what I notice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4620067)
i have a random comment in the back of my head about star saying funny could have peeked me town and roundbox agreeing with that statement because i don't really get me as a peek from funny's posts

Basically it is the only reason I could think of that she would not have pushed on you more as being a mafia. But I do not know why he agreed with me on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4620002)
now that we know this was wolf partners talking, olimar might be not maf?

like they're literally talking about subverting the night chat only restriction openly in the thread if they're all wolves

this is the worst read

I do not really get this. Even if olimar is not a wolf I feel the core of what you are saying would not change. But I do lean that olimar's reaction of kind of shading ffa, does point against it somewhat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620153)
1) we have a pr that claimed that is still alive
2) wolf and sk stack on zoshi / bulletproof popped

So from here:
1: InD is lock vigi right? Like counter claiming now is probably too late; why didn't he die?

Yes, if someone else is the vigi then they need to claim. But it is not me, and I am guessing if it was not inD someone would have said something by now. I do not really find it weird that inD did not die, because each killer could have assumed that the other one would kill inD.

star-crossed 05-16-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618925)
The wording you used was "closing up opportunities" I don't need to be opportunistic because I'm not trying to force mislynches

Why hasn't roundbox solved the game yet, we should lynch him

I still see this as a silly push that he could do to try to make roundbox and him seem like they are not aligned, particularly since ffa does not hold the read later in the day, unlike the Cel suspicion. Going through his early posts, it still seems to me ffa really, genuinely wanted to hang Cel and was emphasizing a dynamic where manti was town because Cel was sus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4618885)
Thanks, wording it like that makes a whole lot more sense.

And wow crucify me for trying to figure out how the game works before I play it, why don't you. I also don't play resident evil, so all of the references go over my head.

This is very reactive, I think toward Haku and ffa, who were kind of susing him for his questions. If olimar could make it more clear why he kind of shaded ffa's reasoning against him, but did not make it that clear if he thought ffa was being genuine or not, that would be helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618940)
Rip

Well I don't think I'll be having any more original thoughts until more people join. Comfortable with my vote on roundbox and my reads on xel Raeko and celery

Manti is starting to slip due to preferring HotS over league

Curry is giving me his town vibes, I'll be able to tell pretty easily if they shift to wolfy vibes

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619065)
curry's entrance is pretty middling in a vacuum but this is town curry and I'd stake my life on it

I also value my meta read of curry over winning the game so don't bother asking why he's towny

The first message was posted after Curry's first post. The second one is on page 16. So for him to say the entrance is "middling" actually contradicts the first post. This kind of implies that his ideas on Curry are less genuine than I was reading them as being.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619085)
"I'm a dastardly wolf and I will be much less suspicious if I say I have TWO town reads rather than just one! Mwahahaha!"

yeah no

I do still like ffa's sarcastic commentary here; that seems very genuine to me. It's very important to me to get a sense of whether ffa actually believed this read, because ffa claims to understand Curry very well, so if ffa really can perfectly read him and believes the read, it has implications for Curry both being non-mafia and non-SK.

Regarding olimar's reaction to ffa pinging him to play the game here, a lot of this post comes across as chastising ffa, while still leaning ffa as town. So really it is more significant to me, that ffa was pushing olimar as an sk read so strongly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4619161)
...thanks? Also yeah only human noc is this dumb. Wolf noc is a different kind of dumb.

This seems to be in direct response to ffa reading him as the serial killer. It is the same kind of theme, of calling ffa a bad player basically but brushing him off as a town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619157)
my only 2 scum reads are celery and olimar which is disappointing but I'm guessing the rest of scum are hidden in inactives

ffa drops the vote/mafia read on roundbox without him making substantial posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619188)

????
this is a really dumb thin town lean

normally I townread you and hard defend you but I have no idea what the hell you're doing this game

this ain't paranoia dawg
this is a hot take that I like

rb brought attention back to the fact that ffa gave a weak read on raeko, which is kind of a plus. Although he sussed both of his partners the only time I have seen him as a wolf, specifically drawing attention to their connection is better than attacking them separately for other things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619192)
lots of this thread is boring bullshit that I couldn't be arsed to respond to
not cynicism, just nothing terribly engaging

FFA looks the goofiest; the only towny thing he did was proclaim that he has interactions with a bunch of people and cannot be a wolf because of relationships

after this ffa gives a couple of silly reasons to sus roundbox, like his use of the word "weird" or something, and kind of forgets about him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619211)
If you really want third party dead, I think it's olimar

You're welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619278)
If I'm going to be completely honest I interpreted your vote on curry as bait for me since I didn't recall you having any sort of suspicion on him before then (enough for a vote anyway)

I decided to wait and see if you were serious since the last thing I want is to give you more ammunition

I decided you actually wanted to see a curry flip but I guess my initial thought was right eh

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619367)
as for who I find scummy:

I'm not confident enough on FFA to drop a vote on him
haku I think has been pretty level this game
zoshi hasn't done anything inherently wolfy aside from the silly angle on lynching the SK
ind's been posting regularly and nothing crazy has stood out

basically I hate scumhunting d0

For some reason I get more of an sk/town feeling from this post than anything, because he is not trying to make up a mafia read to deflect from ffa. But the lack of really reading anybody as mafia, goes back to my thought about him not wanting to make enemies.

I somehow didn't really get that ffa switched off of Cel to Zoshi when staying on Cel may have saved him, and nobody actually wanted to hang Zoshi. (I...am not sure how I managed that - I knew they were arguing but I did not see the vote change). It is kind of destroying my brain right now, and I just got a phone call, so I think I will come back to this later.

star-crossed 05-16-2018 12:32 PM

I can't really make sense of what ffa's goal was by voting for Zoshi regardless of Cel's alignment, to be honest.

But having thought about it, I would say that in a Cel/raeko/ffa team, raeko refusing to vote anybody seems very odd to me. Even if she's not going to participate, she may as well look good for helping to hang a mafia, I would think. Plus, other than the unvote, my general vibe was that ffa was very happy with keeping attention on Cel by calling Cel sus; unlike with others, he was not interested in questioning Cel to help Cel provide more thoughts on things besides manti, which could have helped Cel look better at the time, if they were both mafias...he chose to encourage others instead.

inD has given thoughts about this but if others have I do not really remember.

star-crossed 05-16-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619696)

TBH, in reality, my intent was kind of the opposite: trying to get more insight into FFA and why he was thinking the way he was (which is probably futile, but worth a shot anyway :P ), and put more pressure on him if he gives poor responses.

I forgot to respond to this from way back when, but reading back reminded me of it. So, to be clear, we were discussing this message of yours

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4618962)
Question: Are you suspicious of FFA? Because, personally, I'd think that if you were, instead of saying "You're wrong" to his post about you being human, you'd so something like "You're being dumb" or "I don't like how he's trying to get me to let my guard down on him by calling me human" or something to that effect.

[...]

I'm assuming this is a serious vote, because you (hopefully) know I'm voting for him too. In that case, I'm not quite sure what to think about this. Are you seriously pushing a lynch on Haku or more trying to pressure him to give answers on a specific viewpoint of yours toward him (which would explain why you removed your vote so quickly)?

So you are pursuing a line of questioning with Haku, and a line of questioning with ffa. With the one with ffa, you seem to be questioning him while also making a lot of effort to present your own thought processes about what his actions seem to be. To me, that looks like you really want people to think you are a town, more than you are concerned about biasing his response to your question by giving him information about how you are perceiving him... I am not sure how to feel about your declaration that it was "probably futile" to try, in light of this. You never followed up to say how you felt about the answer, but did give him a kind of town lean for his read on Cel later, I noticed.

I also noticed there were a couple of times when you encouraged others to give pressure to ffa. Looking at those:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619232)
Now, as much as I'd like everything to believe I'm town, do not take Noc's word for it. It wouldn't hurt for anybody else to keep pressuring him as to why he thinks I'm human so much, because that might reveal some telling stuff about himself as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619247)
how convenient

please someone continue to pressure him because if i do he'll just say "dude i think you're town why are you complaining"

What is /your/ memory of his accuracy on reading you in these games? How come you didn't try to pressure him on the subject yourself? How do you reconcile the fact that you kept encouraging others to pressure him, but you seem to also hold the belief that asking him stuff is "futile"? If you know that you are town, what is "convenient" about the thing you are calling out, anyway?

It is just strange to me, since as I understand it you are the one who has played with ffa the most, that your own opinion on the matter shines through so much less than your repeated declarations that others need to pressure him. Before, I had mainly looked at the interactions between the two of you as whether they seemed genuine on his end.

Olimar12345 05-16-2018 02:12 PM

Wow so I’m still alive, huh. Guess I should be reading. Legit surprised I wasn’t lynched by now, since it’s easy to blame someone who isn’t there. I understand the suspicion though (and probs won’t sign up again so that someone will let someone can). I’ll be on more in about an hour so ask me questions and I’ll try to help out then. I’ll leave you with this last thought until I get back: so while the third party suspicion still exists on me (?) I think it’s rather odd that I would also be a lynch candidate today, seeing as how it could cost us the game (If I read that correctly).

star-crossed 05-16-2018 02:23 PM

I am going through D1 now. It is kind of funny, because I forgot gun had even played in this game until he was being discussed at the start of it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619526)
FFA has this thing lately where he's been going on and on about how he keeps insisting that he's always perfectly spot-on about reading me (validated in his mind because of that one time recently when he "caught" me as a wolf by misreading a joke I made). Because he's FFA and it's kind of the way he plays, it makes sense that he'd maintain that sort of bravado regardless of role to keep up a human-seeming facade.

Um...was the game in question the most recent game you played with him? (The timeline is not clear to me, here).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619793)
I mean, I've given my thoughts in bits and pieces, but doesn't hurt to say more:

roundbox: Current vote; pleased with the thoughts he's given, but I don't know if he's just trying to save himself or genuinely getting into gear.

raeko: Past vote; still not sure about her, could be a vote in the future if I still have a bad feeling on her.

Xel: Could probably be a wolf? Maybe serial killer? Some things like roundbox's "xel is hottest mislynch 2018 for the 6th game in a row" and inD's "derp clearing xel" give me a little more hesitation but I could still vote for him.

Funny: I'd be ok with this lynch, but don't know if I'd change my vote to support it. idk; would be a helpful cardflip probably i guess and there's a "better than most" chance she's actually a wolf/third party

The description of raeko compared to others seems more lukewarm than others, and seems to emphasize raeko as a "past vote" rather than emphasizing what the bad feeling was or why it is less present. I know he later mentioned someone saying she is usually quiet was a factor, but still. She was, however, the only living player he had voted at the time, but given he was OK with so many other lynches in this post I am not sure why having voted her in the past, was especially relevant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4619799)
ermmmm I'm kinda cool with olimar but it also freaks me out

I wish I had a lean on this but I honestly do not

Most other posts feel like they follow up on themes I addressed in my d1 post. I...am not sure why rb did not pay more attention to raeko given they know each other well, but when they were wolves together he did make a point of doing so, so it may actually be a good thing??

star-crossed 05-16-2018 02:24 PM

My d0 post, I meant in my last paragraph. I wish I could just edit that typo, but I do not think it is allowed.