Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152595)

roundbox 12-1-2020 12:06 AM

TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 

TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession

Hosted by: roundbox
Prosecution Wins
MVP: Prosecution team


1. Shadow_God_10 Miles Edgeworth - Lost at endgame.
2. mellonxcollie Unimportant Witness - Lost at endgame.
3. Hakulyte Unimportant Witness - Convicted during recess Night 2.
4. flashflash account Unimportant Witness - Convicted by vote on Day 0
5. FreezinIce Matt Engarde - WON AT ENDGAME!
6. YoshL Winston Payne - WON AT ENDGAME!
7. fatfuck42 Unimportant Witness - Lost at endgame.
8. TWGma Unimportant Witness - Lost at endgame.
9. Funnygurl555 SubaruPoptart Unimportant Witness - Convicted by vote on Day 1
10. the sun fan Franziska von Karma - WON AT ENDGAME!
11. Xiz Unimportant Witness - Convicted during recess Night 1.
12. DaBackpack Maya Fey - Lost at endgame.
13. Ulleabhara Unimportant Witness - Convicted during recess Night 1.


Host Comments:
Setup roll pastedump:
Player list:
1. Shadow_God_10
2. mellonxcollie
3. Hakulyte
4. flashflash account
5. FreezinIce
6. YoshL
7. fatfuck42
8. TWGma
9. Funnygurl555
10. the sun fan
11. Xiz
12. DaBackpack
13. Ulleabhara

DEFENSE ROLLS: (rolled simultaneously with prosecution)
3 (Miles), 2 (Maya)

PROSECUTION ROLLS: (rolled simultaneously with defense)
2 (Franziska), 4 (Engarde)

RANDOMIZED ROLE LIST:
Miles Edgeworth (Defense)
Unimportant Witness
Unimportant Witness
Unimportant Witness
Engarde
Winston Payne
Unimportant Witness
Unimportant Witness
Unimportant Witness
Franziska von Karma
Unimportant Witness
Maya Fey
Unimportant Witness

COMPLETE ROLE/PLAYER LIST:
1. Shadow_God_10 - Miles Edgeworth (Defense)
2. mellonxcollie - Unimportant Witness
3. Hakulyte - Unimportant Witness
4. flashflash account - Unimportant Witness
5. FreezinIce - Matt Engarde
6. YoshL - Winston Payne
7. fatfuck42 - Unimportant Witness
8. TWGma - Unimportant Witness
9. Funnygurl555 - Unimportant Witness
10. the sun fan - Franziska von Karma
11. Xiz - Unimportant Witness
12. DaBackpack - Maya Fey
13. Ulleabhara - Unimportant Witness


Night actions were inconsequential:
n1 - DaBackpack shoots Ulleabhara, YoshL wolf kills Xiz, the sun fan blocks Hakulyte (nothing happens), Shadow_God_10 jails Funnygurl555 and applies loved (lol at how this turned out)
n2 - YoshL wolf kills Hakulyte, Shadow_God_10 jails TWGma and applies hated, the sun fan blocks fatfuck42

Well played Freezin, sunfan, and YoshL for a solid wolf sweep. You always love/hate/love to see the voterush.

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 12:08 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
I loved Funny so much I ended up killing Subaru

FreezinIce 12-1-2020 12:53 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
gg's

wolf ROMP

i spilled my guts alot in the wolf chat but ill probably post some stuff here too later

YoshL 12-1-2020 01:44 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
woof

tbh i wanna know if like anything specific was tipping people off of wolfiness outside of poe and meta

Hakulyte 12-1-2020 02:55 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
You 3 have something in common.

I believe town sincerely believe that you're all really good assets for solving the game when we approach late game.
So, this gives you all the advantage of making people not want to even get interested into evaluating you.
I don't believe what any of you were doing wasn't something you would not do as town. I do believe that certain things were not happening, but it's easy to understand why.

Freezin usually push players more actively after posting mechanical stuff. He did try to do that a little, but he didn't commit enough to get a top town read.
Sunfan normally try to solve a little more and meme a little less when town is getting stomped like that. Still, I feel like he did this anyway because he could afford to and still win.
Yoshl, it's more like you didn't post anything that might shift the momentum of the game as well. Everything you posted kind of made sense, but it wasn't really moving the game forward.

The problem is that even if I pointed that out in a game, town's situation was so bad that it would be really really easy to discard it. You guys were pressure free because town had too many problems.

ps: I think having 3 wolves win and also be top town is not worth the risk. It makes people want to give you more attention and expect more from you.
Being a mid range town-null read is ideal because it's like the place where you're fine, but not as solicited.
So, really, I feel like this is as good as it gets for what this game needed.

---

Town tunneled itself into the FG/T-Force world that would evolve into Plop/T-Force world.
Town shot a townie that gave no information.
All the night actions were wasted.
The claims didn't help much for clearing players.
No wolf flipped.
No PR flipped earlier to make town be forced to evaluate players more seriously.
The PR claims supported the wrong world.

Pushing wolves for the right reasons here was too low in priority. Town needed to evaluate a world where Plop/T-Force are town and that never fully happened.

FreezinIce 12-1-2020 03:20 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
really good analysis haku

Ulleabhara 12-1-2020 03:24 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
I already said this in dead chat, but I think it bears repeating:

FreezinIce 12-1-2020 03:25 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
I think dbp's shot was the right move mechanically, but other than that quibble i think i agree with everything you posted.

The PRs being already consensus townread was really just a devastating and almost irredeemable blow to town considering where the gamestate was on the final day.

I think the game wouldve gone a whole lot differently if either Tforce or plop was blue in that situation and i remember saying to my team that if that happens that would be a pretty bad situation for us.

Thankfully it did not come to pass

DaBackpack 12-1-2020 03:30 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
I did consider other worlds where Plop was town, the problem is that almost every single one of them had sunfan as a wolf, and most of them had sunfan and Freezin as wolves together, which I thought was impossible at that point. The Plop lynch felt inevitable, unfortunately.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 07:59 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
game was lost when I got killed d1 for no solid reason

mellon_collie 12-1-2020 08:34 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
^ the entire game does not revolve around you believe it or not

there were a series of missteps in addition to the wolves playing well. GG wolves

flashflash account 12-1-2020 08:35 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
game was lost when a random townie got lynched for no real reason

Hakulyte 12-1-2020 08:50 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4751912)
^ the entire game does not revolve around you believe it or not

there were a series of missteps in addition to the wolves playing well. GG wolves

We did it. I didn't wolf read you for no reason.

fatfuck42 12-1-2020 09:08 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
GG everyone! And thanks roundbox for hosting! Sorry for getting steamed at the end there, but I was still having fun, lol...

Sunfan, that was some of the best wolfing I've ever seen. You knocked it out of the park!

fatfuck42 12-1-2020 09:14 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4751904)
woof

tbh i wanna know if like anything specific was tipping people off of wolfiness outside of poe and meta

For me, your analysis seemed off. It didn't seem like the way you were playing and the approach you were taking would lead you to the hunches and conclusions you were coming up with, if that makes sense.

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 03:54 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751911)
game was lost when I got killed d1 for no solid reason

Get off your fucking high horse dude

1. You didn't do jack squat
2. You ghosted D0
3. You expected three players to carry you through D0

And you wonder why you got lynched

XelNya 12-1-2020 04:28 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4751924)
Get off your fucking high horse dude

1. You didn't do jack squat
2. You ghosted D0
3. You expected three players to carry you through D0

And you wonder why you got lynched

woah woah woah dude

come on now why you gotta be like that

so uncalled for

Charu 12-1-2020 05:37 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Didn't read a single thing in the game.

But that wolf team was stacked, wow.

I know I would be against rerolls but... that's a pretty stacked team hahaha.

mellon_collie 12-1-2020 05:48 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
tell us about it charu O_O

Charu 12-1-2020 05:58 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Well you see

It was a stacked team.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 06:49 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4751924)
Get off your fucking high horse dude

1. You didn't do jack squat
2. You ghosted D0
3. You expected three players to carry you through D0

And you wonder why you got lynched

yeah I missed EOD. That's it
nothing else here is remotely close to the truth

flashflash account 12-1-2020 06:53 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
the point is there was so much willage that four townies independently voted me over more or less nothing
I wasn't even an inactive slot like DBP was saying, I had a decent post count
I don't exactly remember why plop was voting me but they were the only one who had a reason (even though it was probably bad)

if ulli died there instead I don't really see how that's even any better
FG was the only one actually trying to do anything that EOD lol everyone else was so ambivalent

Xiz 12-1-2020 06:53 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
surprised i died first, gg wolves ya slaughtered

flashflash account 12-1-2020 06:54 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
your attitude toward me is so unwarranted you probably need to go read the toxicity thread again
you are without a doubt the most toxic player on this site and I never really say anything about it because plenty of people like you but honestly xel is actually funny when he's being toxic and you're not at all and that makes it so much worse when you constantly flame haku thinking you're funny
I can't stand it

mellon_collie 12-1-2020 07:02 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
I think you're just mad bruh

Charu 12-1-2020 07:16 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Shadow, were you being a toxic player!?

Don't make me investigate the thread!!!

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 07:29 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4751936)
Shadow, were you being a toxic player!?

Don't make me investigate the thread!!!

OH NO!! NOT THE INVESTIGATION POLICE!!

XelNya 12-1-2020 07:35 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4751937)
OH NO!! NOT THE INVESTIGATION POLICE!!


DaBackpack 12-1-2020 07:47 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4751926)
Didn't read a single thing in the game.

But that wolf team was stacked, wow.

I know I would be against rerolls but... that's a pretty stacked team hahaha.

Yeah, the wolf team was incredible! They all played immaculately-- I'm proud of YoshL for doing so well despite just returning from a break too!!

I personally think sunfan deserves MVP here. I don't think I ever would have got him. And unfortunately, when it came down to true PoE at the end, this is what sunk me.

Host comments when?

DaBackpack 12-1-2020 07:50 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
I'm sorry I shot you Ulli, it was nothing personal and I think you definitely could have established yourself as town, but since I was a one-shot vigi, I decided the mechanical play was to shoot -somebody- just in case I got nightkilled. And at least on our site, the proper mechanical play when it comes to vigis is to resolve the counter-wagon, especially when it ends up at a KitB like it did.

FreezinIce 12-1-2020 08:13 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4751941)
Host comments when?

seconded. Roundboxs host comments are always a great read

flashflash account 12-1-2020 08:15 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
getting kicked out of the game more or less on a whim is justification for salt

DaBackpack 12-1-2020 08:52 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751944)
getting kicked out of the game more or less on a whim is justification for salt

You were a D0 lynch. Most D0 lynches are pointless and arbitrary. It had to be somebody

XelNya 12-1-2020 08:55 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751944)
getting kicked out of the game more or less on a whim is justification for salt

I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4751945)
You were a D0 lynch. Most D0 lynches are pointless and arbitrary. It had to be somebody

Equally, I agree.

mellon_collie 12-1-2020 09:07 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751944)
getting kicked out of the game more or less on a whim is justification for salt

I feel u, it's annoying af to be mislynched in general but especially on d0

but at the same time town is taking a shot in the dark pretty much and wolves know that and are going to capitalize on it, so you can't blame town for making a wrong decision so early on

Charu 12-1-2020 09:14 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
D0 (actually it's 1) lynches stink, but y'know what? Instead of being salty, be all like "a'ite, I ain't a PR so I guess I'll just put my thoughts out for everyone, good luck!!!"

Charu 12-1-2020 09:15 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Least that's how I look at it.

I know plenty of D0 (actually 1) lynches that were just literally a result of "I don't like what you said" or "AFK-er, lmaooooooo"

I am guilty of this, oops.

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 09:57 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Being the D0 lynch sucks ass, I've been on the receiving end of it as well

But it's gotta happen to someone, that's just the way she goes.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:08 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4751948)
I feel u, it's annoying af to be mislynched in general but especially on d0

but at the same time town is taking a shot in the dark pretty much and wolves know that and are going to capitalize on it, so you can't blame town for making a wrong decision so early on

the thing is it wasn't wolves this time
it was just a majority of town collectively not caring where their votes go and decided to off someone who wasn't even able to defend themselves

YoshL 12-1-2020 10:12 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
ffa, i'm genuinely curious - have you ever lost a twg and came into postgame not salty, or with a sarcastic comment about people being bad or something to that effect

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:13 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4751955)
ffa, i'm genuinely curious - have you ever lost a twg and came into postgame not salty, or with a sarcastic comment about people being bad or something to that effect

why is losing relevant

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:22 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
so I checked last postgame thread and apparently I died super early in that game too



if I'm making a single two line post complaining about the game in every single postgame is that really irritating you so much?

it doesn't mean I didn't like the game, or I didn't have fun and it's nice to have come a long way from being modkilled every game because the rules here are so strict
I'm not even all that interested in ace attorney and I still thought the objection memes were fun to read (as long as I could)

is it really unfair for me to want to vent the tiny bit of steam I build up during games? Yes, I'm irritated at T-force for suggesting to policy lynch me d1 out of nowhere because it actually happened and I'm irritated at shadowgod for being unwilling/unable to read me and apparently has higher standards for me, calling me lazy when I have more posts and content than half the other players but you know it's whatever

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:24 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
like man congrats you won and you deserved it but I don't need to tell you that

YoshL 12-1-2020 10:25 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Then I think it's ok to vent that kind of stuff, and explain your thoughts to people like shadow who went through the game with that notion in their head, instead of instigating toxic drama with "you're the most toxic player here, and there's a lot of toxic players here".

YoshL 12-1-2020 10:29 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751911)
game was lost when I got killed d1 for no solid reason

There's like just a total difference in tone when you say this versus

Quote:

I'm irritated at T-force for suggesting to policy lynch me d1 out of nowhere because it actually happened and I'm irritated at shadowgod for being unwilling/unable to read me and apparently has higher standards for me, calling me lazy when I have more posts and content than half the other players
which is really clear what your grievances are, and i can like totally see that.

i hope you see that too tbh.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:30 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4751959)
Then I think it's ok to vent that kind of stuff, and explain your thoughts to people like shadow who went through the game with that notion in their head, instead of instigating toxic drama with "you're the most toxic player here, and there's a lot of toxic players here".

I don't normally do that but shadowgod decided to call me out over something they did rofl

it comes back to this whole "let's blame the person we lynched for lynching them" as if I did something wrong to get lynched there and it wasn't totally random

and let's not forget the time shadowgod was like "hey sometimes I just want to smash haku's head with a brick to see if anything comes out" as if that was okay to ever say

inDheart 12-1-2020 10:31 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
wait, a team with sunfan and yoshl killed xiz and got away with it?

not that i read anything i'm just amused

T-Force 12-1-2020 10:32 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Isn't that the case with most D0 votes? It sucks, but it happens.
Let's pack up, move along, and we'll learn from this game.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:32 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4751960)
There's like just a total difference in tone when you say this versus



which is really clear what your grievances are, and i can like totally see that.

i hope you see that too tbh.

I don't really see it the same way but I'll keep that in mind if other people also see it that way

mellon_collie 12-1-2020 10:33 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751961)
and let's not forget the time shadowgod was like "hey sometimes I just want to smash haku's head with a brick to see if anything comes out" as if that was okay to ever say

shadowgod has a very exaggerated way of speaking, it's just the way he expresses himself. It can be jarring but we all know each other at this point. If haku didn't have a problem with that then I don't see a problem

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:35 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
I guess it's just to me I'm okay with the heated tension and the escalation and calling names and insulting intelligence but that crossed a line insinuating physical violence which was super jarring to me

T-Force 12-1-2020 10:35 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Lmao, whoops, didn't even see the thread had exploded by the time I made that post. My bad.

YoshL 12-1-2020 10:35 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Deflecting aside, you do realize the implications of your initial post really has the potential to set people off right?

basically "the game was lost because I got killed n1" exudes the aura of "i'm the best player ever and I'm the reason games go how they do"

which when shadow says that he believed you didn't do enough, and weren't at EoD, would you not agree? If you got lynched D0, then you probably didn't actually do enough to not get lynched D0. Fwiw, I also agree in that even when doing catchup of thread and reading through, i didn't remember a single post that you made. Whether that's from wolf pov and has any merit, is w/e, but it's not like calling you out on how you phrased your original post and being annoyed at how much emphasis you put on your impact in twg games was unwarranted imo.

YoshL 12-1-2020 10:37 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
shadow, I also do agree with ffa, in that you tend to overdramaticize a lot in your posts, and I understand you're having fun with it. I think ffa's right though, in bodily harm it can get to be a bit much.

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 10:38 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
FFA I feel like you don't know this but:

I have met Haku in real life, and Haku would be a far better judge for "Is Lewdy being serious when he says something like this to me?" than someone who has not met me (this person being you in this case)

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 10:40 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
If Haku wasn't okay with it, I am confident saying that he, as a grown ass man, would have come to me, or even a moderator to address this as a problem.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:42 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
yeah not being there at eod is on me, and it's obviously easier for me to remember my own posts than it is for other people, but I think I was making decent talking points wrt freezin/shadowgod/haku angle and stuff like that, I also had interactions with sunfan
I was playing the game

so fmpov it's really unfair to call me lazy (shadowgod) or inactive (dbp) just because I don't have 300 posts
shadowgod saying it was my fault I died because I was being lazy and "expecting feezin/shadowgod/haku to carry me" which is a thought that came out of nowhere really is just ???

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:44 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4751971)
If Haku wasn't okay with it, I am confident saying that he, as a grown ass man, would have come to me, or even a moderator to address this as a problem.

it's not just you and haku playing
look if avatars couldn't be disabled I probably wouldn't play games with you because your avatar makes me uncomfortable too

if threats of physical violence could be disabled I would disable them

T-Force 12-1-2020 10:46 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751972)
yeah not being there at eod is on me, and it's obviously easier for me to remember my own posts than it is for other people, but I think I was making decent talking points wrt freezin/shadowgod/haku angle and stuff like that, I also had interactions with sunfan
I was playing the game

so fmpov it's really unfair to call me lazy (shadowgod) or inactive (dbp) just because I don't have 300 posts
shadowgod saying it was my fault I died because I was being lazy and "expecting feezin/shadowgod/haku to carry me" which is a thought that came out of nowhere really is just ???

And fmpov I think it's unfair that I'm always wolf-read for my posting style, but I take from that game, I learn from it, and I adapt it to next game.
Multiple people called me out for the snark and attitude from my posts, and that style is not going to help my team win games.
I am going to learn and adjust for next time.

Same can be said for this. Is it unfair to you? Sure. But that's just something to adjust for next game.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:47 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4751968)
Deflecting aside, you do realize the implications of your initial post really has the potential to set people off right?

basically "the game was lost because I got killed n1" exudes the aura of "i'm the best player ever and I'm the reason games go how they do"

which when shadow says that he believed you didn't do enough, and weren't at EoD, would you not agree? If you got lynched D0, then you probably didn't actually do enough to not get lynched D0. Fwiw, I also agree in that even when doing catchup of thread and reading through, i didn't remember a single post that you made. Whether that's from wolf pov and has any merit, is w/e, but it's not like calling you out on how you phrased your original post and being annoyed at how much emphasis you put on your impact in twg games was unwarranted imo.

I don't think "how much I do" historically has any correlation with whether or not I die D1, I think I did more than other players which if we're looking at that logic means I shouldn't be lynched over them

also yeah I said *when* not *because* although I can see how that would be a mistake one makes
probably just try to assume I have no ego when reading my posts
(even though I am the best player here)

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:48 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 4751974)
And fmpov I think it's unfair that I'm always wolf-read for my posting style, but I take from that game, I learn from it, and I adapt it to next game.
Multiple people called me out for the snark and attitude from my posts, and that style is not going to help my team win games.
I am going to learn and adjust for next time.

Same can be said for this. Is it unfair to you? Sure. But that's just something to adjust for next game.

I adjusted my playstyle

and I got "ffa is being ffa"

mellon_collie 12-1-2020 10:49 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751973)
it's not just you and haku playing
look if avatars couldn't be disabled I probably wouldn't play games with you because your avatar makes me uncomfortable too

if threats of physical violence could be disabled I would disable them

do women's bodies make you that uncomfortable O_O

clearly it's exaggerated anime woman but uhh

and also how is that a reference a violence...? it's clearly an exaggerated joke

sorry but lewdy is like the nicest guy I've ever met he's super sweet, caring and generous and the way you're characterizing him is just not true

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:50 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4751977)
do women's bodies make you that uncomfortable O_O

just tryna be a good boi
if I wanted to look at lewds I would do that in my own time, not while playing forum mafia

mellon_collie 12-1-2020 10:51 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Women are allowed to have breasts :o

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 10:52 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751975)
probably just try to assume I have no ego when reading my posts

Sarcasm detected

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 10:54 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Listen man, I know you're a good TWG player and shit

MAYBE I expect a little cooperation to help MY dumbass sift through things while you're fiveheading the game while solving a rubix cube with your damn feet

If that's too much to ask of you then I don't know what else to say

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:54 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4751979)
Women are allowed to have breasts :o

if horniness could be disabled I'd disable it

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 10:55 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
That should be the end of this discussion, tbh

Send Roundbox games

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 10:55 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751982)
if horniness could be disabled I'd disable it

You will do no such thing!

YoshL 12-1-2020 10:55 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751975)
I don't think "how much I do" historically has any correlation with whether or not I die D1, I think I did more than other players which if we're looking at that logic means I shouldn't be lynched over them

also yeah I said *when* not *because* although I can see how that would be a mistake one makes
probably just try to assume I have no ego when reading my posts
(even though I am the best player here)

Even if you think you did more than other players, you still got voted out first - meaning there's something else you can be looking at. Elaborating and elucidating your logic to others is pretty critical in making your work understood and actually heard.
-------
i was generally quoting you, and the meaning doesn't really change because of the word swap.
-------
again, trying to be completely honest: it's hard to change perception of your ego when comments like that have never not happened, and there's generally never much humility at all coming from your end.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:56 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4751981)
Listen man, I know you're a good TWG player and shit

MAYBE I expect a little cooperation to help MY dumbass sift through things while you're fiveheading the game while solving a rubix cube with your damn feet

If that's too much to ask of you then I don't know what else to say

I've had like two good mafia games in my entire career I wouldn't say I'm a good player
just a veteran

mellon_collie 12-1-2020 10:56 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751982)
if horniness could be disabled I'd disable it

TIL women have breasts because of horniness

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 10:57 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4751987)
TIL women have breasts because of horniness

I want to sig this

So, so bad

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:59 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4751987)
TIL women have breasts because of horniness

no you've got it backwards

men have horniness because of breasts

flashflash account 12-1-2020 11:02 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
how do you even get "women have breasts because of horniness" from what I'm saying?
what?

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 11:03 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
As a certain someone in Danganronpa 3 says

"MAAAAAAAAAGIC"

inDheart 12-1-2020 11:11 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4751991)
As a certain someone in Danganronpa 3 says

"MAAAAAAAAAGIC"

i love himiko

Hakulyte 12-2-2020 01:28 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
@FFA

I think you could have easily lived D0 if you didn't miss EoD tbh.
I know this is a dumb reason, but this is like traffic hour in the thread and it's when nearly 100% of everyone is online at same time.
You can get heard more in that moment and it's usually a game changer.

@Shadow God

I know sometimes you don't like what I post because it feels like it comes out of nowhere, but even in these posts there's usually have a reason. When I start talking about worlds, it's not usually because I think I found 3 wolves. It's because I feel like we need to find something else to think about. It's more an emotional play than a logical one. The long post I made was literally me attempting to show I was trying to share what I was trying to do without finalizing my thoughts. In this game, I was constantly uncomfortable with this FG/T-Force/Plop world. I ended up looking into DBP as a potential wolf, being unsure of Plop and assuming the wolves were generally town PRs. What normally happen in winning games for me is that I reach this point where I get enough town reads to poe wolves. I couldn't safely do that here because Plop/T-Force were too difficult to safely town read and even if I somehow got there, I don't think I could have convinced the rest of town that they are town. I think what I needed the most from them was to understand their game progression and why their play makes sense as town. Basically, their meta is good if they roll wolf, but not so good for when they're town imo unless they roll PR and can save themselves later on due to mechanics.

Also, I hope you tone down the hyperbole comments like "im gonna beat you with a chair for saying this" because hey, this -is- a game of assumptions. If I assume something that makes absolutely no sense to you this also counts as valuable information because you should be asking yourself "why is Haku thinking that and not the same thing as me?". What you should really fear is when the game gets boring and everyone in town seems to agree to the same conclusion while the wolf team is also intact. I guess another thing I would suggest is to try to compress your posts into fewer posts and dedicate more time to listening/thinking over discussing. Communication is important, but what you say/think will gain more value if you invest a little more time thinking at why you're posting what you're posting. I'm also still guilty of that at times. I tried to do a little less of that and found other things to occupy my thoughts temporarily e.g: playing other games/objection.lol stuff. I felt like it would help people have less stuff to read when they come back to more quickly add more of their own content.

FreezinIce 12-2-2020 03:43 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
FFR is a pretty good place somehow

T-Force 12-2-2020 06:21 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4751992)
i love himiko

Wooooorst. WOOOOOOORST.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution