Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Turbo Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TWG Turbo XXIIIIIIII 10 AM/10 PM (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151516)

star-crossed 12-10-2019 05:36 PM

Re: TWG Turbo XXIIIIIIII 10 AM/10 PM

I cannot even find the game

thanks for not updating the history thread or the stats sheet

the sun fan 12-10-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4704800)
I cannot even find the game

thanks for not updating the history thread or the stats sheet

ok, the history thread is fine, I'll take that one on the chinf

I am paying devonin to do the stats

star-crossed 12-10-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4704257)
Okay, looking back at poptart's reads.

I'mm-a gonna call it a hunch and say he hid behind me, because he didn't put anyone else at "strong town" like me. If that's the case, I'm gonna also assume wolves didn't like Poptart (for... some reason?) and decided to get him out of here.

So what even started the thing, is he essentially admits it looks like Subaru hid behind him, under the assumption that because there is a roleblocker the hider role must not die if hiding behind dead town

Reasons I imagine the roleblocker is important is being able to better counter a claimed hider, and also it could make a town think you are confirmed if they hid behind you and do not die. It introduces more confusion and weakens the hider role. Is that really that counterintuitive? This is stuff I am literally spitballing

star-crossed 12-10-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4704790)
earlier this year, I forget exactly how long
100% recent enough to where Charu should've remembered
he even died when he hid behind shado

I mostly got confused because this made it sound like Shado was town in that game and he wasn't

ShadoWolfe 12-10-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4704801)
I am paying devonin to do the stats

Are you really?

And gee, you've both made me suddenly have an intense desire to shower even though I'm 110 miles from home. Thanks a lot

ShadoWolfe 12-10-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4704803)
I mostly got confused because this made it sound like Shado was town in that game and he wasn't

For the record, I won that game despite it being broken in favor of towns

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR SUNFAN GRIPING OR TRYING TO CORRECT ME LA LA LA LA SORE LOSER

the sun fan 12-10-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4704804)
Are you really?

And gee, you've both made me suddenly have an intense desire to shower even though I'm 110 miles from home. Thanks a lot

yes

don't blame me, blame charu (for more than just the showering thing)

Charu 12-10-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4704802)
So what even started the thing, is he essentially admits it looks like Subaru hid behind him, under the assumption that because there is a roleblocker the hider role must not die if hiding behind dead town

Reasons I imagine the roleblocker is important is being able to better counter a claimed hider, and also it could make a town think you are confirmed if they hid behind you and do not die. It introduces more confusion and weakens the hider role. Is that really that counterintuitive? This is stuff I am literally spitballing

See, I thought, once I saw Poptart flip, that the wolves went for me, but the "hider" died instead

See OP this specific line that confused me and why I had a crisis

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4703781)
The hider MUST hide each night, and will die if they hide behind either the person that the mafia is trying to kill, or either mafia member. The Hider is not informed if/when they are roleblocked.

Quote:

The hider MUST hide each night, and will die if they hide behind either the person that the mafia is trying to kill, or either mafia member.

Quote:

The hider MUST hide each night, and will die if they [sie=5]hide behind either the person that the mafia is trying to kill[/size]

No where does it state the hider's role proper where the hider and the target dies as normal.

ShadoWolfe 12-10-2019 05:57 PM

soooooooooooooo

getting back to game...

I think I'ma vote Charu after all

My head keeps going over those funny funnygurl posts and I can't help but be drawn that way

My ego is taking a hit though 'cause I was pretty stoked on the idea of nailing the wolfteam from D0. It's okay though, my ego could probably use a hit or two

star-crossed 12-10-2019 05:59 PM

I wish he had just put all the role PMs in the first post so I would not have this headache right now

Charu 12-10-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4704808)
soooooooooooooo

getting back to game...

I think I'ma vote Charu after all

My head keeps going over those funny funnygurl posts and I can't help but be drawn that way

My ego is taking a hit though 'cause I was pretty stoked on the idea of nailing the wolfteam from D0. It's okay though, my ego could probably use a hit or two

Look at this guy and his beak that's not big.

Charu 12-10-2019 06:01 PM

Not even polished like mine is now

the sun fan 12-10-2019 06:02 PM

hell yeah I'M GONNA LIVE THROUGH

Charu 12-10-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4704813)

Psssh, okay, nobeakfan

star-crossed 12-10-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4704807)
See, I thought, once I saw Poptart flip, that the wolves went for me, but the "hider" died instead

See OP this specific line that confused me and why I had a crisis

No where does it state the hider's role proper where the hider and the target dies as normal.

I do have to admit the TRYING TO part makes it super confusing

ShadoWolfe 12-10-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4704807)

You're absolutely right, and I had the same dilemma at start of day until sunfan corrected us both. I don't think being confused over hider mechanics is necessarily towny though.

Reason being, wolves are pretty much mandated to roleblock every kill in this game. There's no point of doing anything else unless they want to gamble on maybe losing a NK for the chance of a double kill.

There's like, a tiny possibility that a wolf would want to roleblock the hider he knows is going to hide behind that same wolf in order to get what would effectively be an investigative clear for the wolf, but that possibility requires the roleblocker to know for certain both who the hider is, and that the hider's target is one of the wolves for

but in like 99.9% of cases, wolves roleblock every kill

so confusion over hider mechanics isn't really AI, and could easily be faked given the real mechanical knowledge that you just roleblock+killed the hider

ShadoWolfe 12-10-2019 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4704811)
Look at this guy and his beak that's not big.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4704812)
Not even polished like mine is now

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4704813)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4704814)
Psssh, okay, nobeakfan

this is the weirdest thunderdome I have ever had the incredible pleasure/discomfort of witnessing

ShadoWolfe 12-10-2019 06:09 PM

Xel WYA can you read these two again and cuss me out before sharing your thoughts again? Pretty please?

star-crossed 12-10-2019 06:10 PM

Something kind of funny is that all 3 of you (Shado, Charu, Sun fan) have in some way tried to defend yourselves by saying that you would care more if you were a wolf

Charu 12-10-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4704819)
Something kind of funny is that all 3 of you (Shado, Charu, Sun fan) have in some way tried to defend yourselves by saying that you would care more if you were a wolf

I mean, kind of, lol

I think I'd probably still be posting the same way, just with more of the "in-the-know" and all that jazz.