Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 11:50 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491208)
that's what interractions are for. you push, you get answers, you find some other round asshole to box in and push

i mean if playing like you described has worked for you in the past, who am i to yell about it. i just dont necessarily agree with it and feel like it would lead to several mislynches.

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491181)
Hi AJ,

I'm going to assume that this interaction is over? Is that a safe assumption?

Okay the reasons why I think andy's not scum from this. This might just be the DFR in me but I don't think it's fair to automatically go to "that's def choreographed ergo wolf". That's tinfoil? level. Idk if that's the right word for it. And you say that his push was weak and there wasn't anything to go off etc. (might be paraphrasing too hard but ffr is loading slowly and I don't feel like waiting so long for quotes). It's d0. This is the second phase of actual content. There's nothing to go off of in general. At least he's trying to get something to happen. That's fair, no? Also, I'm not quite sure if at this point this interaction is alignment indicative. He's a new player, big bad bun yoshl shows up tryin to collect taxes from middle school boy andy, of course he's gonna be scared, flustered, intimidated, waffling, insert thing here. It's natural af and if you keep yelling at him and he locks up because of it and y'all lynch him. That's poor show. I'd be very disappointed and wouldn't support a lynch based on that reason.

what is this tone...

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491145)
Literally my first game ever. Never mafia'd in person, never TWG'd in a thread. I skimmed through a turbo thread on here, and watched a little of The Town (the BTS DotA 2 circle jerk mafia thing), but that's it.

Isn't it generally a wolf strategy to lay low and try to cause chaos by questioning every read anyone makes? And if AA and tokzic are both wolves (I don't think tokzic is at this point, btw) wouldn't it be good for AA to dispel any suspicions early on to protect his furry brethren? It feels like a weird post from AA. He could have jumped in on the shit posts, but immediately picked that out.

-o24

when you say it feels like a weird post from me, there are a few possibilities:

1. you have a meta on me that I normally shitpost a lot (if you do that's a lie because I don't), and therefore me immediately being serious is strange

2. you have a general meta of townspeople shitposting (not true afaik) and me not doing so stands out as scummy

3. other

which is it?

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 11:54 AM

dfr's tone is different from anything I've ever seen

Charu 11-8-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491202)
this doesn't sound like dfr

Also, agreed, but this is actually where my emotion read would come from.

But I'll share it anyways, here goes!

So dfr is sticking his neck out for the new guy because...? Is the question that I had in my head. Coupled with his eagerness to start defending makes me think, based on the mini outburst, that, indeed, had strong opinions on the new player being pcked on with such scrutiny. Ergo, because he displayed frustration that he's pure and most likely town.

...And that's my emotion read. lol

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4491185)
I saw that post and immediately voted, cause im sick of people fishing for dumb tells! But reading the context that came afterwards I think I might've read it in the wrong tone. D:

so unvote...? feels like you're overly concerned about the justification for your vote, then you hedge your vote reasoning but don't do anything about it?

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491186)
Why would the wolves choreograph me calling out AA with a shitty reason anyway? Isn't it in the best interests of the wolves to not even risk losing one of their members this early by, admittedly, poor play? That's a huge gamble I'm not comfortable with accepting as a tactic.

Ah, yes, let's let the new guy make poor arguments and hope someone comes in to save his ass. It's perfect. We only risk culling our numbers, but it'll be worth it for the laughs. Scapegoats are great tactics.

A counter I can think of (careful not to use absolutes) is that the wolves would use me as a bad town ruse so the better towns would just let me twiddle my thumbs and make bad claims while they lynched other more suspect players. But then they rely on a new player in the late game where it is probably harder (I dunno) to secure the victory and that can't be the correct strategy.

And if I were a wolf, and this was our strategy, would I actually admit it openly after drawing so much attention to myself? Seems like I would want to let this slip under the radar if possible.

TL;DR: Talking to myself. This game is hard.

-o24

the majority of this post is wifom which isn't helpful

but it just feels odd to me that you picked out my post in particular when I didn't really have thread presence

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491125)
Low content first post.

Immediately questions town read, either because he's a wolf and knows tokzic is also a wolf, or some meta misdirection. AA is scum.

Gonna do poorly on my test, probably, but thought I'd chime in.

-o24 (or should I sign this as my character?????)

also wait how is this even part of your accusation

it was literally the first page of the game, I don't see how that can be part of your accusation unless you're throwing it on there as a way of reinforcing the scum me that you've painted in your mind

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 12:09 PM

hot read: MML is town

Charu 11-8-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4490863)
oh this started

Oh I don't know, I see a hidden message here.

See... if you move the H to the left... and then make the first word seven letters...

omg

Hardest Ho Tits

If this isn't the scummiest thing I've seen in this post then I don't know what is!

Charu 11-8-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491226)
hot read: MML is town

Personally, I don't like him freaking out over the smallest things.

That's just me though.

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491227)
Oh I don't know, I see a hidden message here.

See... if you move the H to the left... and then make the first word seven letters...

omg

Hardest Ho Tits

If this isn't the scummiest thing I've seen in this post then I don't know what is!

omg and ho? tits?? aa's connected to aj...

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491228)
Personally, I don't like him freaking out over the smallest things.

That's just me though.

it's heavily meta and based off something I've always seen him do some variation of as town, and never as wolf (although only one wolf game so lol)

YoshL 11-8-2016 12:25 PM

sticking his neck out for the new guy is different when theres actual pressure. i was the only one talking to andy, only vote on him early on, out of like 20 players.

Charu 11-8-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491231)
sticking his neck out for the new guy is different when theres actual pressure. i was the only one talking to andy, only vote on him early on, out of like 20 players.

But, dfr saw it, didn't like what he saw, and decided to "stick his neck out" for andy.

Whatcha tryin' to say with this post, ms. motor-buttsy?

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 12:33 PM

Out of like 20 players isn't fair to say when half of them have a single post or not at all. At least that's what it feels like.

FreezinIce 11-8-2016 12:48 PM

Hot Read: AA is poopy butts :u

Hee hee

YoshL 11-8-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491236)
Out of like 20 players isn't fair to say when half of them have a single post or not at all. At least that's what it feels like.

that furthers my point. I'm saying there was little to no real pressure or danger of being lynched, or even any semblance of a bandwagon forming

which makes your current emotional outburst pretty big

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491242)
which makes your current emotional outburst pretty big

as i said earlier it's a subject that i have strong opinions and beliefs in. personally i don't see why this is big now when i've done so in the past in and out of games.

and i said it's not fair to say out of 20 because i feel like that could be used to credit yourself in someway. even then out of 20 vs out of 10 is a difference of 5% or 10%.

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491242)
or even any semblance of a bandwagon forming

historically i beg to differ. weaker players and wolves are more likely to jump onto a push made by a stronger player.