Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

YoshL 11-8-2016 08:31 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491157)
I thought only wolves got that.

-o24

I'm glad you:

A) read the opening post fully in order to understand all the game mechanics and game specific details

B) decided to not respond to any of my allegations and claims that were actually directed at you, in order to question something that's based on the setup

YoshL 11-8-2016 08:32 AM

^^
and that

_Zenith_ 11-8-2016 08:56 AM

My first game related post: I like YoshL being inquisitive here and the intention is very pure.

storn42 11-8-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491157)
I thought only wolves got that.

-o24

Normally yes. But this is a mystery game.

also this post gives me "im in a private chat" vibes, which i guess yoshl was already going on about...

YoshL 11-8-2016 09:08 AM

Ok so in analyzing andy, i didn't actually ask him to respond to anything, and it seems like he's at a loss for what to actually say right now so -

can you give reasons why you're scumreading AA right now that actually have some base reasoning to it

==========

Zenith, what do you mean by "inquisitive and intentions are very pure", since as i stated above, i didn't actually question anything, it was almost purely analysis that i did on andy

YoshL 11-8-2016 09:08 AM

Ok so in analyzing andy, i didn't actually ask him to respond to anything, and it seems like he's at a loss for what to actually say right now so -

can you give reasons why you're scumreading AA right now that actually have some base reasoning to it

==========

Zenith, what do you mean by "inquisitive and intentions are very pure", since as i stated above, i didn't actually question anything, it was almost purely analysis that i did on andy

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491125)
Low content first post.

Immediately questions town read, either because he's a wolf and knows tokzic is also a wolf, or some meta misdirection. AA is scum.

Gonna do poorly on my test, probably, but thought I'd chime in.

-o24 (or should I sign this as my character?????)

Not sure if serious
Either way lol

YoshL 11-8-2016 09:12 AM

i'm thoroughly disappointed in AA's contribution though tbh

andy-o24 11-8-2016 09:13 AM

So if it's off it's allowed and if it's on, it's not? I assumed I knew what that rule meant, lol. Either way, me not knowing the rule should in some way indicate I haven't been using it, and thus my posts aren't choreographed.
I'm not going to sit here and claim inexperience or ignorance as an excuse to make low-content/no-content posts. I have a bad feeling about that AA post, and even if he comes here and rides your dick for defending him, I'm probably still going to have that feeling. But we'll have to see.

Quote:

a gross generalization of "wolves will question every read everyone makes", which is completely wrong
Okay, so I generalized a tactic. Good to know I was wrong. I still believe that would cause chaos or at least prevent bandwagoning.

As I began to refute your further points, I realized my original accusation no longer makes sense to me. MML has a town read on tokzic, which AA questioned. But if AA and tokzic are both wolves, then AA should support a town read on his fellow wolf, not question it. I don't think that clears AA for me yet, but I feel less strongly on him being a wolf. tokzic is in question too, but not scum.

Quote:

Currently seeing tokzic+andy pairing to be very possible right now given that it's really the only reason i could see andy so strongly going in to pretty much defend a tokzic town read
I can promise you this is not the case. I've never talked to tokzic before. I don't know if he's town or not, but MML seems like a smart duder.

Anyway, YoshL, I don't think you'd be this aggressive if you weren't town, so that's my read on you.

-o24

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491145)
Literally my first game ever. Never mafia'd in person, never TWG'd in a thread. I skimmed through a turbo thread on here, and watched a little of The Town (the BTS DotA 2 circle jerk mafia thing), but that's it.

Isn't it generally a wolf strategy to lay low and try to cause chaos by questioning every read anyone makes? And if AA and tokzic are both wolves (I don't think tokzic is at this point, btw) wouldn't it be good for AA to dispel any suspicions early on to protect his furry brethren? It feels like a weird post from AA. He could have jumped in on the shit posts, but immediately picked that out.

-o24

Oh so you were serious

Phone posting right now but I'll do my best
I fail to see why I have to jump into shitposting, I was up late last night studying for an exam and these next few days are actually extremely busy so I have neither the time nor energy to shitpost

I saw a read that didn't make sense to me, so I questioned it
I fail to see how that's wolfy behavior given that town should be looking for wolves, and wolves try to fabricate reads which is why I will push on any read that doesn't make sense

Also curious why you're Saying tokzic has suspicion on him, the only thing he had on him was a townread (and maybe a joke vote, can't remember)

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491169)
i'm thoroughly disappointed in AA's contribution though tbh

See my recent post

After my exam I will be able to dedicate some time, also not sure why you expect me to have a significant amount 12-15 hours into the day, especially when 8+ of that was sleeping for me at least

andy-o24 11-8-2016 09:21 AM

Sorry AA didn't know how busy you were.

-o24

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 09:25 AM

Me being busy wasn't related to your read though
Unless you're just being nice which is a possibility

YoshL 11-8-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491170)
So if it's off it's allowed and if it's on, it's not? I assumed I knew what that rule meant, lol. Either way, me not knowing the rule should in some way indicate I haven't been using it, and thus my posts aren't choreographed.

"I thought it was only limited to wolves" does not clear you from this suspicion, because it breaks your assertion that you didn't know the rule.

Quote:

I'm not going to sit here and claim inexperience or ignorance as an excuse to make low-content/no-content posts. I have a bad feeling about that AA post, and even if he comes here and rides your dick for defending him, I'm probably still going to have that feeling. But we'll have to see.
How was it low-content? he showcased an early read, and you thought apparantly that it had enough merit to attack

Quote:

Okay, so I generalized a tactic. Good to know I was wrong. I still believe that would cause chaos or at least prevent bandwagoning.
the difference here is that you used the generalization to further your argument. You seem to be waffling on what exactly you believe, since your initial post was that *wolves* would cause chaos, and it doesn't seem to be very clear based on this

Quote:

As I began to refute your further points, I realized my original accusation no longer makes sense to me. MML has a town read on tokzic, which AA questioned. But if AA and tokzic are both wolves, then AA should support a town read on his fellow wolf, not question it. I don't think that clears AA for me yet, but I feel less strongly on him being a wolf. tokzic is in question too, but not scum.
I think, another big problem is that you're currently talking in absolutes
"If AA and Tokzic are wolves, then AA should support a town read" is an assertion that has no real ability to be backed at all, and doesn't give credence to any of your case, especially since it's super early in the game, and there's no actual pressure on any of the players at this moment in time.

Quote:

I can promise you this is not the case. I've never talked to tokzic before. I don't know if he's town or not, but MML seems like a smart duder.
This was worded in such a strange way that I truly feel that not all of the statements in this section are true.

Quote:

Anyway, YoshL, I don't think you'd be this aggressive if you weren't town, so that's my read on you.
are you basing this on meta, or are you just assuming more things to be true without much rationale

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 09:45 AM

I don't think andy's scum from this. I'll let you finish your interaction though

andy-o24 11-8-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491177)
"I thought it was only limited to wolves" does not clear you from this suspicion, because it breaks your assertion that you didn't know the rule.

I thought regardless of OOTC, wolves got to chat privately at night. That was how I understood the general rule; OOTC has no bearing on whether wolves can chat privately. I should have specified at night.

Quote:

How was it low-content? he showcased an early read, and you thought apparantly that it had enough merit to attack
My point was I'm trying not to make low-content posts.

Quote:

I think, another big problem is that you're currently talking in absolutes
My mistake. It just seems logical that wolves would want themselves to be solid town reads rather than have any suspicion of their true identity. I didn't think so much about my sentences being absolutes rather than just sentences.

To the chat thing: Every player individually knows I am not in a private chat with them, and I know I'm not in a private chat with anyone else, so that's a shit show.

Quote:

are you basing this on meta, or are you just assuming more things to be true without much rationale
Just a feeling, man. Just a feeling.

-o24

botchi246 11-8-2016 10:12 AM

Sup hos

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 10:20 AM

Hi AJ,

I'm going to assume that this interaction is over? Is that a safe assumption?

Okay the reasons why I think andy's not scum from this. This might just be the DFR in me but I don't think it's fair to automatically go to "that's def choreographed ergo wolf". That's tinfoil? level. Idk if that's the right word for it. And you say that his push was weak and there wasn't anything to go off etc. (might be paraphrasing too hard but ffr is loading slowly and I don't feel like waiting so long for quotes). It's d0. This is the second phase of actual content. There's nothing to go off of in general. At least he's trying to get something to happen. That's fair, no? Also, I'm not quite sure if at this point this interaction is alignment indicative. He's a new player, big bad bun yoshl shows up tryin to collect taxes from middle school boy andy, of course he's gonna be scared, flustered, intimidated, waffling, insert thing here. It's natural af and if you keep yelling at him and he locks up because of it and y'all lynch him. That's poor show. I'd be very disappointed and wouldn't support a lynch based on that reason.

YoshL 11-8-2016 10:24 AM

dfr

cya later

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 10:42 AM

...?