Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Contested Chart Difficulties (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Expanding the difficulty spectrum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=128166)

One Winged Angel 01-11-2013 07:27 PM

Re: Expanding the difficulty spectrum

65 is all VCs, and Novo Mundo which used to be FMO
66-76 is all FMOs, with the addition of For FFR at 67, which used to be VC
77 and 78 are a combination of FMOs and FGOs
79+ is all FGOs/FSOs

Any other songs you guys see fit to be tweaked around on that list? Otherwise I'll send the final draft to a game manager.

TheSaxRunner05 01-11-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambdadelta (Post 3833587)
Hey, was going to type this yesterday but shit came up.

Proposal: Why not make Crowdpleaser v1 the Skill token and then make Crowdpleaser v2 the song to unlock it on? It would wipe Crowdpleaser from the level ranks and it would be one less Bullshit song we have to rate because of fucking framer trills.

Just wondering, Anyone else think this would be the wisest choice?

+1
Also I wouldn't mind RATO being made into a token. How about pass DP to unlock?

SK8R43 01-11-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 3834590)
+1
Also I wouldn't mind RATO being made into a token. How about pass DP to unlock?

Only thing is, not everyone can pass DP... lol

Poison- 01-11-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3834587)
Any other songs you guys see fit to be tweaked around on that list?

I don't think Eclipse should be a 90. I think it should go in with CCCP.

One Winged Angel 01-11-2013 08:01 PM

More opinions on Eclipse because I'm incredibly iffy on that one...scoreboard definitely says it could be moved down, but man, 330bpm stream is brutally fast. I'm sure most lower level players find that to be the toughest file in the 90s.

Poison- 01-11-2013 08:05 PM

I just don't see Eclipse really being any harder than La Camp, or even Scrap Syndrome. I see why low level players would think it's ridiculous though.

Jake Ferguson 01-11-2013 08:06 PM

Not really good when it comes to files rated that high, but I think I Hate The 80s would be better as a 81/82 than an 83 (Better as an 81 imo because similarity to ERB and mutant corecore)

Poison- 01-11-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Ferguson (Post 3834631)
Not really good when it comes to files rated that high, but I think I Hate The 80s would be better as a 81/82 than an 83 (Better as an 81 imo because similarity to ERB and mutant corecore)

Remember that pretty much everything will be switched around. ERB is definitely not an 82 anymore.

bballa48 01-11-2013 09:12 PM

Ummm guys, I Hate the 80s has brutal freaking patterns. Not that hard to mash through, but really hard to control several of the transitions. Easily 82 status on the "old scale", so I say 83. 82 at the lowest. Not a chance it is an 81.

Also, I don't get the ERB thing either. Frame fixes don't change the superb amount of jack control required to play it well.

EzExZeRo7497 01-11-2013 09:27 PM

I find I Hate The 80s as difficult as Lawn Wake II honestly, but I'm probably biased because I'm decent at jacking/one hand trill transitions.

Wouldn't mind seeing it as 82, need more opinions though.

DossarLX ODI 01-11-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballa48 (Post 3834696)
Also, I don't get the ERB thing either. Frame fixes don't change the superb amount of jack control required to play it well.

This is a good point, but the frames do make a huge difference in hitting the parts. The jacking parts were sped up from the previous 2 framers and made things more awkward to transition through.

Eclipse (Solar) is fine where it is. Almost There was much easier to play back in the day when I had to mash Eclipse. Almost There may be more physically demanding but Eclipse is a lot harder to read through and recover from if you mess up somewhere in the stream. Biased opinion incoming, but I had to mirror eclipse because the roll transitions in the big stream were awful nonmirror (I've AAA'd the big stream off mirror but it was much more awkward), so it's not like the patterns are easy either.

Poison- 01-11-2013 10:12 PM

Maybe my opinion is just biased, because I really don't find Eclipse to be that hard.

EzExZeRo7497 01-11-2013 10:15 PM

I think Eclipse is just fine as it is, it definitely fits with the other three files and it's ridiculously hard to be consistent on.

~Zeta~ 01-11-2013 10:18 PM

Eclipse isn't just about the huge section. Those awkward bursts, jacks, and ending are brutal as well. It's fine with Almost There. Eclipse is definitely easier to combo than AT (which may contribute to the scoreboard differences).

bmah 01-20-2013 06:42 PM

Thanks to Dossar, frames have been fixed in Vortex. The file should play more smoothly now.

qqwref 01-20-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3834626)
330bpm stream is brutally fast. I'm sure most lower level players find that to be the toughest file in the 90s.

In the 80s, you mean? 330bpm stream is pretty fast, but Eclipse's stream is really smooth, so it's about the same tps as, say, heavy 220bpm jumpstream, which is in a whole bunch of other files. Plus Eclipse has a lot of sections that are no more than FMO level, as compared to some other FGOs that are (for lower-level players) unplayable all the way through.

One Winged Angel 01-20-2013 08:03 PM

Oops I meant out of the 90s on that new list, worded poorly.

I have no ~*~QuALmS~*~ about knocking Eclipse down to 89 on the new list. The scoreboard is pretty damn sick, and apparently everyone can do this damn file so lol why not. The stream is incredibly smooth and even though it still looks like a jarbled mess of arrows to most players, for some reason their fingers know what to do without spamming boos. I really don't have anything else to add haha, 89 works.

p.s. JX gave the new list the 'A-ok' last night, so we'll prob see rating changes sometime in the near future possibly? :O

p.p.s. I'm knocking Vortex down like 4 points, get at me (so 87 on the new list). I'm honestly tempted to go lower but that seems like an awfully large point reduction just for frame fixes. Then again, the file as a whole is a lot more manageable now... I'd love to keep the rating higher but it honestly doesn't feel anywhere near FSO material right now

edit: temp-placing it at 88, feel free to discuss

DossarLX ODI 01-20-2013 08:07 PM

Vortex is still pretty damn hard to FC with those kinds of walls. It doesn't need to be bumped down a lot. It has segments of 32nd stream etc. that are hard to read with the mix of 48ths too, so it's not like the 64ths are everything, just it's better to play through now

LaZboy77 01-20-2013 08:21 PM

I would almost think that Phi-dentity Crisis should be a little higher on the difficulty scale. I don't know how everyone else feels about it, though.

qqwref 01-20-2013 09:04 PM

Vortex is pretty hard to FC but so are almost all other mid-high FGOs, so that doesn't mean much. For what it's worth, I don't find Vortex all that bad to play/PA, especially now (I just got ~50 goods and one boo, and there are several files around that level that I could never do that on).