Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   So apparently people are mad that Stepmania was on AGDQ (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143611)

MixMasterLar 01-8-2016 10:19 PM

So apparently people are mad that Stepmania was on AGDQ

Seems there are a slew of folks who think that it should have been IIDX or DDR representing the rich history of music games <.<

I don't see what the issue is, but how do you guys feel? I think the fact any music game was on there was pretty neat, but others are arguing that it doesn't help the Bemani community to show off a fan creation that thrives on pirated music. Thoughts?

Rapta 01-8-2016 10:23 PM

Re: So apparently people are mad that Stepmania was on AGDQ

If they wanted a different rhythm game featured they should've done it themselves.

icontrolyourworld 01-8-2016 10:26 PM

they can always do something for their own game next event

leonid 01-8-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4394286)
If they wanted a different rhythm game featured they should've done it themselves.

This

Also I'd love to see more rhythm games featured in AGDQ

Frank Munoz 01-8-2016 10:27 PM

oh no
our feelings

PhantomPuppy 01-8-2016 10:29 PM

lol if nobody volunteered to play iidx or ddr at agdq, why are they complaining?

Xayphon 01-8-2016 10:44 PM

I keep hearing bemani and ddr...

I represent Taiko and I hereby declare nuclear war against StepMania. We will drop billions of cute Taiko don-chan faces all over your asses and totally break all of your keyboards when clearly all rhythm games should be played with gigantic drums and drumsticks. We will revolutionize rhythm gaming. Just you wait you caucistic chimpanzee nose sucking dickbutts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, in all honesty, rhythm games are rhythm games, Stepmania just happens to be the simplest one to perceive in my opinion. The only reason other communities suddenly show up and pull big machos is solely because everybody equally feels the need that their game should be shown off as much as Stepmania, when by nature, all they fail to understand is the simple fact that Stepmania is the most general rhythm game you can play. It overlaps with every single other rhythm in one or another element because it's a fucking rhythm game. Once people check more rhythm games they will get across games like IIDX; it's not like everybody who witnessed this is fucking blind and doesn't stomp upon other rhythm games because rhythm games are rhythm games and rhythm games all share similar properties. Isn't that right PEOPLE OF RHYTHM GAMING COMMUNITIES.

I'm not even sure why some communities have gotten this isolated from each other, it really seems like everything around rhythm games is just a gigantic dick sucking contest where everybody from a community shares stereotypes about other rhythm games they think make their rhythm game superior. Isn't this almost borderline racism??!

I really do not understand why specifically IIDX is being so fucking salty. The only explanation I can come up with is because there either persists a high level superiority complex among the IIDX community that makes it superior to StepMania where they think IIDX is like the best fucking thing ever and everything else is absolutely ass and needs to go suck cock, or their communities suck so much that they've become so jealous about the SM community having people like Staiain willing to actually PULL THIS OFF in the best possible way I could have imagined for the profit of actually not just making StepMania more popular but also other rhythm games. BECAUSE RHYTHM GAMES ARE RHYTHM GAMES RIGHT?

It absolutely makes my balls boil. It's seriously as if everybody is in different sects and wants to kill each other once one of the inferior sects suddenly makes it to the top.

MixMasterLar 01-8-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xayphon (Post 4394308)
They Be Whining

Preach it my brother!

MixMasterLar 01-8-2016 10:54 PM

Oh yeah,

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 4394289)
they can always do something for their own game next event

Apparently people don't realize that it was Staian who brought SM

Seems they think AGDQ is trying to say that SM is the only good music game. smh.

Xayphon 01-8-2016 10:59 PM

lmao what

gold stinger 01-8-2016 10:59 PM

what's already been said pretty much sums it up for me.

The only person here who should be pissed as fuck is jhlee because he got called the fuck out in a donation read after Stepmania.

MixMasterLar 01-8-2016 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xayphon (Post 4394317)
lmao what

True story, that's what my peeps on FB are trying to tell me.

It's all so silly. Hell even Starshot (DJS) is hatin' and I can't understand

dAnceguy117 01-8-2016 11:03 PM

Stepmania.com Bought Out Awesome Games Done Quick As Well As Twitch, With Their Vast Riches

bmah 01-8-2016 11:10 PM

Well I am familiar with the IIDX community, and I understand that they may feel slighted at the fact that IIDX continues to remain as a niche/underground game, while thousands of people will now be familiarized with Stepmania. It may even lead some of the general public to mistakingly assume that Stepmania/DDR is the heart of rhythm gaming in general. I myself would not want that sort of misrepresentation. But as mentioned many times already, the IIDX community should take the initiative to represent the beatmania series by applying at AGDQ - and I encourage that, as well as other rhythm games.

It doesn't help that many members of the IIDX community are known to make incredibly distasteful posts on forums. This is especially prevalent when you ask a very opinion-oriented question...many are ready to assert their views as facts. I think MixMasterLar knows very well which specific community I have in mind. I'm willing to bet that some members were the same ones that were posting on 4chan glorifying IIDX.

qualy 01-8-2016 11:24 PM

First of all, as has been mentioned, if they wanted their own rhythm game featured, they should have applied. They could have just as easily gotten themselves into the lineup.

Second of all, Stepmania is a great choice to go with because it's one where you can sit at home, and you can pick it up and go. You just need to download it, get a pack, and start playing. You don't have to go to an arcade, or order a pad and game system (if necessary) and game off of amazon. It's a great introduction to rhythm games in general and you can move on from there, if you like it, to others.

dAnceguy117 01-8-2016 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4394326)
It doesn't help that many members of the IIDX community are known to make incredibly distasteful posts on forums.

is it bad that I was trying to come up with SOWS but all I could think of was SARS?

(not to say anything about sows; I'm very unacquainted)

YoshL 01-8-2016 11:39 PM

Quote:

The biggest thing that has been said as a point is:

If you thought that a different rhythm game such as IIDX or pop'n or LR2 or w/e should have been showcased, then you should have gotten someone to offer it up to AGDQ.

Games Done Quick is not done on an invite basis, but is completely voluntary, and you have to go through the process of putting up your segment and hoping that it goes through selection. Thinking that this is a "slap in the face" is pretty much disregarding all the work that Staiain did to A) get stepmania into AGDQ, B) travel all the way over to the US to showcase this, and C) the fact that there's literally no downside to the extra exposure that stepmania gets - it definitely doesn't negatively impact any other rhythm based game. I don't think we ever said once in the stream that stepmania was representative of all video games. I even introduced it as a "DDR Clone for the PC" not "the best rhythm game and only one that should have been showcased in AGDQ".

//minirant

seriously though, i hope that people who were complaining about not having a different rhythm game showcased, or that it "wasn't impressive compared to other games", then go use this as a platform. Staiain set a massive precedent, getting a fucking rhythm game into a speedrunning marathon. We all know it's possible, so instead of complaining and feeling insulted, choose to feel inspired. Also, who cares that you didn't think it was impressive. We raised over $10,000 dollars during our 30 minute segment, and the second highest viewcount of AGDQ history, right behind mario maker which was yesterday. And if you look at the graphs of viewer count, mario maker spiked at the beginning, then dwindled below 200k. stepmania literally climbed higher and higher throughout the whole entire segment.

Complaining about stepmania being showcased can be equated to complaining that 10,000 dollars were donated towards preventing cancer. take a step back and look at the bigger picture, won't you.
something i said

GammaBlaster 01-8-2016 11:40 PM

iidx and pop'n master race because 8+ panels

MixMasterLar 01-8-2016 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4394343)
something i said

And it was well said.

Also I was on SOWS today and didn't see a thread about it, but I also didn't look either. I go in, check on a few threads and scurry out most of the time.

Rapta 01-9-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4394343)
something i said

Definitely agreed.