Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Official Tournament 13.5 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152443)

XJ-9 12-15-2020 09:24 AM

Re: Official Tournament 13.5

I'm confused by the D3 tiebreaker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4746933)
If the tie occurs during a round where advancing means you receive a prize, a tiebreaker will be played. Tiebreakers last 24 hours.

Ecoli had the best score posted within that 24 hour time frame. Why was he eliminated?

FlynnMac 12-15-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ-9 (Post 4752682)

Ecoli had the best score posted within that 24 hour time frame. Why was he eliminated?

I'm in the same boat as you. Pie set his score at 5:47 pm, which was 47 minutes after the tiebreaker deadline. Therefore Ecoli's 20-0-0-1 should actually be the winner. So I don't know what is going on.

YoshL 12-15-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4752576)
I would like to add that I have not checked this, but if it wasn’t stated otherwise from the get-go, he is actually right and it should be both as that is the official wording. Kayla’s statement otherwise is strongly irrelevant unless it is in this tourney’s OP from it’s creation.

Just wanna clarify this.

The rules of these [needlessly exclusive] tokens aren’t something that should change on whim, regardless of the intentions to phase it out, or what the Event Staff change on the fly.

It was in the tourney's OP from it's creation.

hazard28 12-15-2020 10:41 PM

Welp mindblock on the second section of the song has won against me lol this tournament has been hella fun and thanks a ton to the hosts and to everyone in D5 for such great competition! Hyped I finished in the top 5. Congrats to those that make it to the final round!

badman7772 12-16-2020 08:56 AM

L E A D M E I N T O E V E R L A S T I N G P I S S W A T E R

psychoangel691 12-16-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ-9 (Post 4752682)

Because ecoli DMed me and requested it

psychoangel691 12-16-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4752576)
I would like to add that I have not checked this, but if it wasn’t stated otherwise from the get-go, he is actually right and it should be both as that is the official wording. Kayla’s statement otherwise is strongly irrelevant unless it is in this tourney’s OP from it’s creation.

Just wanna clarify this.

The rules of these [needlessly exclusive] tokens aren’t something that should change on whim, regardless of the intentions to phase it out, or what the Event Staff change on the fly.

Nothing was changed on the fly, it's been a CHOICE between the two since v0's release and was already said that vROFL would be getting phased out of the top 8 slot for official tournaments and v0 would be taking it's place. Look in the OP of the tournament thread, choice of has been specified since day 1.

XelNya 12-16-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4752763)
Nothing was changed on the fly, it's been a CHOICE between the two since v0's release and was already said that vROFL would be getting phased out of the top 8 slot for official tournaments and v0 would be taking it's place. Look in the OP of the tournament thread, choice of has been specified since day 1.

I mean, arguably it was changed on the fly, as the official wording on the token's page is different from the OP of the event. The other guy is actually right, it really should be both. The OP actually causes a contradiction of available information, and TBH changing it on the fly for say this event, isn't something that should be happening. But, since it's in the OP I'm not gonna cause a proper shit-storm over it. You do your event as intended, because at the end of the day, you're both right, even though one of you very much shouldn't be.

In short: probably should update the official wording on the page, and not do this sort of selection thing if multiples are in place.

Or better yet, though it won't happen, we could make these exclusives less... silly? I think is the word I'd use personally.

radioamor 12-16-2020 01:19 PM

good night

Puzzler64 12-16-2020 06:13 PM

Well, I knew I was going to get eliminated before reaching the top 3. I did not like I Like It. Way too many triples and jumps all clumped together. After many attempts, I simply gave up on it, since I wasn't near the top 3. THOSE BLOODY TRIPLES!

Oh well, I still had lots of fun and never thought I would make it this far, just didn't expect to be in the semifinals! At least I finally reached my goal: unlocking the elusive Vertex BETA vROFL token! Thanks Azlynn for the tournament and good luck to the rest in the finals!

Brasegali 12-16-2020 06:18 PM

You did awesome! Was great to see you make top 5 and give a lot of those late-round songs a solid run. Keep improving and join us in D3 next tourney ;)

Bolth mannn 12-16-2020 06:38 PM

Thanks for the competition d3!

It’s been really fun getting to actually compete in a tournament for once even though I’ll likely be moved back up to D4 after this. I’ve felt like I’ve been competing against people my own skill level which has been fun and the complete opposite of what I’m used to up in d4

Good luck to everyone else left in the tourney, and thank you Kayla for making what for me was a really enjoyable tournament

mi40 12-17-2020 04:40 AM

song that depends on 1 pattern
great tournament song choice

YoshL 12-17-2020 08:04 AM

ggs to d7

literally did nlt expect to do that well considering how much rust i accumulated prior to the tourney

qrrbrbirbel 12-19-2020 10:52 AM

@4th place winners, contact me by 1 week after OT 13.5's end to receive your prize, and congrats again @Xtra_Festive @YoshL @radioamor @badman7772 @kadef @TheLegendofPie @topboy797 @winterprison

_DJ Vinyl_ 12-23-2020 04:48 PM

While I end in 3rd. In the end the circumstance that happened to me this past week have been stressful to say the least. I will still accept my loss as that song was really hard to keep up with. It's sad to say the last round was not closer than usual and I do apologize for not being as active; I still had a good time. At the end of the day kurisushadow is no longer my rival and is now my friend at the end of this.

To that I say GG to Kurisushadow and Anrai of course. Although I did not expect to Covid edit: (My test results came back negative but all my work had it so just needed to make sure), I sure did try to do something ahead of time.

Thanks to the events in life COVID, that made me come back to this game. I will continue to play and smash arrows from here on out, no quitting for me. I still have a lot to learn. Also thanks to Logman, squidbits, _Fluttershy_, Xiz and Zorack24 for making me have a sense of community. Also thank the host of the tournament psycoangel691 for having me.

Casey2069 12-23-2020 05:41 PM

GeeGees no re

Puzzler64 12-23-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4746933)
-Competitors that place 8th or better in a division will have a choice of Vertex Beta Vrofl or Strangeprogram V0.

Vertex Beta vROFL for me, please.

_DJ Vinyl_ 12-23-2020 06:13 PM

Well I definitely want Vertex Beta vROFL. It's a beautiful ;3;/

FlynnMac 12-23-2020 06:18 PM

I'll gladly take Strangeprogram V0