Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Do you score best on short or long songs? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153630)

jacobvl39 11-24-2021 05:29 PM

Do you score best on short or long songs?

I've noticed many of my best scores are on very short songs, and if they get much over 2 minutes I start to get much lower AAA equivalency.

It does seem like the devs try to account for length as part of the difficulty ratings but even so, the longer a song is the more likely I will mess up at some point or run out of stamina. Is this true for everyone or is it just me?

Rapta 11-24-2021 06:01 PM

Re: Do you score best on short or long songs?

Short songs for me, less notes means less of a chance for error

Seoulslayer 11-26-2021 11:08 AM

I think that I personally do better on stuff that is around 3 minutes, which I would consider longer. Sometimes short songs give fluke scores though.

storn42 11-26-2021 12:07 PM

shorter stuff for sure, but i can really perform on the longer stuff sometimes, especially if it isn't really stamina.

PhantomPuppy 11-26-2021 06:12 PM

it really depends on the day for me. longer songs tend to be less intensive, but more stamina. shorter songs tend to be just balls to the wall fast af. so it all depends on what kinda day i'm having i guess.

Lights 11-26-2021 06:23 PM

I tend to SDG well on longer stuff, but AAA less. and on the flipside of that coin, i have far more short song AAAs than longer ones, but generally not on as high of a difficulty level.

katanaeyegaming 11-26-2021 06:24 PM

I just play everything it makes no difference to me.

XelNya 11-26-2021 06:41 PM

I score best depending on how predictable the structure is to me.

Stuff like my Nightfall file is easy as fuck to play, but like say, my Kindred file still give me a bit of a trip up often.

But I'd probably say longer files because they tend to be less dense and I have mental stamina for days, but not physical stamina.

katanaeyegaming 11-29-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4772589)
I score best depending on how predictable the structure is to me.

Stuff like my Nightfall file is easy as fuck to play, but like say, my Kindred file still give me a bit of a trip up often.

But I'd probably say longer files because they tend to be less dense and I have mental stamina for days, but not physical stamina.

Mental stamina is more important.

rushyrulz 11-29-2021 10:09 AM

Long songs are generally more chilled out so I suppose those maybe slightly. I picked "No Difference" though because it's not that black and white :P

doomsekkar 11-30-2021 10:18 PM

i picked no difference because it depends on the type of streams for me

Not Complete 04-10-2022 11:31 AM

no difference considering length doesn't really affect playing experience for me