Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151021)

MarioNintendo 06-22-2019 10:52 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 4679544)
I feel like it’s hard to defend myself saying what I want to say without it sounding very wildly lol. If I die I die, and I can have a good laugh afterwards.

Are you playing hard to get, right now??

dragonmegaXX 06-22-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4679543)
Let me break down reasons why I have my vote on you now.

I got first suspicion from this post because usually from the experiences I've had with others, is that generally, in all situations, having a KitB situation is very bad for town. Not only does it thin out the votes across 2 people so that if a wolf or two have a reason to swap votes, it can manipulate the lynch for town to a mislynch, but if a wolf is receiving pressure, they can roll dice to get out of their respective lynch. It makes me slightly uneasy that mellon was quick to town-lean from this post, but there was zero follow-up on it. I'm assuming that maybe mellon's perspective is coming from one that acknowledges that it's a new player, and they may lack game experience that would be crucial to knowing stuff like this, but it's worth pointing out.

This is straight up restricting town knowledge. If the vote lands on you or you die or something and you decided to withhold that information, then it becomes lost knowledge, and town will play the game forever without that knowledge. AKA, it doesn't help town. So, if you're town and you aren't really there to help town solve the game, then it's kind of just a dead weight vote. This is what ended up confirming my vote on Sanzath in the previous game that we were talking about, because I was attempting to ask him questions about where his wolf reads would be if I flipped town (as most votes were on me and votes were starting to pile on Sanzath), and he refused to answer those because he was pretty darn sure I was a wolf, and that a wolf shouldn't have privileges to those answers for their own agenda.

I actually understand your last point. To be honest, my previous opinion was that d0 had no real information to give, and everyone’s just playing around and it would be a random lynch either way. I can actually see at this point how people could actually give out some decent information, especially if they know the game and the other players.

Hateandhatred 06-22-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679545)
If that was the case, it sounds like some top tier wolf gameplay, almost like playing two games at once. In order to enable this, it would also mean the wolf either knows dragonmega very well in order to come up with this strategy, or dragonmega opened up in wolfchat about their insecurities and the wolf was able to come up and deploy this strategy in time.

I highly doubt this scenario, mainly because
* I don't think any of the people you listed are close to dragonmega
* Dragonmega doesn't seem to me like the kind of person who would open up like that right out of the gate, even to a team of wolves

There's no way this is a real rebuttal, come on man. -IF- Dragon was indeed wolf, he's been talking with his partner since the beginning of the game. If he had any insecurities about playing as wolf, his partner has DEFINITELY been aware of it for 24h at the very fucking least, basically as soon as the first votes on dragon happened.

Of course I don't actually think the wolf team is dragon+someone else, there isn't enough info still to lean this strongly towards a team, but -if- dragon flipped scum, you're dead for this post imo.

MarioNintendo 06-22-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 4679494)
The gods reached out to me while I was toiling over a 12 hour shift and whispered in my ear "Hey Mario voted for you in that thread you havent seen yet"

I've never been more thankful for such a revelation in my life. xP

Wait, this post rubs me the wrong way. It's meant to be a joke, but it's bad. Makes me want to think someone from the game contacted you to make you login. Could be
* The host
* The wolves

I'm probably reading too deep into this, but this is what a bad joke does

MarioNintendo 06-22-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 4679549)
There's no way this is a real rebuttal, come on man. -IF- Dragon was indeed wolf, he's been talking with his partner since the beginning of the game. If he had any insecurities about playing as wolf, his partner has DEFINITELY been aware of it for 24h at the very fucking least, basically as soon as the first votes on dragon happened.

Of course I don't actually think the wolf team is dragon+someone else, there isn't enough info still to lean this strongly towards a team, but -if- dragon flipped scum, you're dead for this post imo.

That would be fair, but I'll take my chances. This scenario seems too... Out there, for me

dragonmegaXX 06-22-2019 11:14 AM

unvote

dragonmegaXX 06-22-2019 11:17 AM

I don’t know if that’s the proper way to remove a vote, just going off what Mario did before whoops.

gold stinger 06-22-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 4679549)

This is a great point.

My first game was as a wolf, and I made similar mistakes that dragonmega is making. Also have to take into consideration that their partner may have not been around to communicate during it, but nonetheless, what you bring up is good.

gold stinger 06-22-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 4679554)
I don’t know if that’s the proper way to remove a vote, just going off what Mario did before whoops.

ya did it right :thumbsup:

dragonmegaXX 06-22-2019 11:35 AM

The way I see it, if me and Antori tie for votes by the end, I have a coin flip. If I survived, cool but then it’s hella suspicious on me, especially if he’s a townie. If I die first say, that sucks but at least there’s no questions or suspicion involved and maybe people can read more into why I was lynched in the first place.

gold stinger 06-22-2019 12:19 PM

unvote

sanzath 06-22-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 4679535)
You know what, true enough. My true thoughts are at this point, as a newbie, I dont know anyones playstyle, or what to interpret from everyones posts. All I see is either shitposting, or people trying to offer advice. Im at this point just wanting to survive the first night so I can actually analyze something against all the posts.

ugh, this is oddly similar to the kinds of posts I'd make when I rolled wolf in my first jtwg

and yet, wolfreading you for this seems wrong because my early wolfreads tend to be wrong

I guess I'll just keep this post in mind as the game progresses

sanzath 06-22-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679550)
Wait, this post rubs me the wrong way. It's meant to be a joke, but it's bad. Makes me want to think someone from the game contacted you to make you login. Could be
* The host
* The wolves

I'm probably reading too deep into this, but this is what a bad joke does

the host never contacts players to say "hey you're getting scumread, you should do something about it"

which leaves only the possibility that wolf contacted dragonmega in wolfchat, which would make this the shittiest slip of all time

yeah I think you're reading too much into it

sanzath 06-22-2019 01:05 PM

On the other hand, is MN misrepresenting what wolfchat looks like a towntell for him? Has MN ever rolled wolf?

sanzath 06-22-2019 01:07 PM

Anyway unvote, game has progressed past shitposting and my read on yoshiguy for going straight for the action isn't really valid anymore

MarioNintendo 06-22-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4679562)
On the other hand, is MN misrepresenting what wolfchat looks like a towntell for him? Has MN ever rolled wolf?

Never rolled wolf

sanzath 06-22-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679565)
Never rolled wolf

iiiinteresting

I think you're town

ShyYoshiGuy 06-22-2019 02:09 PM

Geez, I turn around and there’s 12 pages. I’ll read this later, I’m busy right now.

Hateandhatred 06-22-2019 02:12 PM

ok fine no more shitposts and memes even though we clearly didn't exploit the furry shit enough.

can't sleep, here's a bs reads list:

sanzybaby: town lean but can't confirm because his wolf game too scary

melons: come back plz

gooch: uhhhhhhh town because you play like last game and we know what happened.

scalie: even though theres reason to believe you're wolf I'm gonna go with my first observation and say you claiming you dont get it and just want to get past this phase alive makes you look good

TJ “””””””Henry””””””” Yoshi: hard null, plus not only I don't know his meta I have no idea who that guy is.

Mario brosse: wolf lean you playin' weird mate sadly you are on my radar for now rip quebec

shadowgodemiché: well you aren't like killing yourself this time around unlike a certain other game so... dunno. I guess town but I think you're gonna get obvious somewhat quickly.

Anatoli: wow I have no idea wolf I guess cuz I'm missing one if it's not raeko or yoshi

kbai

Antori 06-22-2019 03:45 PM

hi i'm back