Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   "Play/Test/Judge my simfile" thread V2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=124483)

kommisar 06-21-2012 09:52 AM

"Play/Test/Judge my simfile" thread V2

Simfile Testing V2

Post your simfiles here with a link using your favorite upload site, or your own ftp. FFR no longer has a simfile database due to copyright issues. Post simfiles at your own risk.

Thread rules
When posting your file, please specify:

-The name of the song
-Style played (4key, pad, 6key solo, doubles, pump, etc.)
-Length
-Difficulty
-Any other information you can provide regarding the file (ex: if the file is incomplete or a work in progress, xmod gimmicks, usw.)

This thread is for feedback and criticism. If you don't feel comfortable receiving critique on your files, maybe this thread isn't for you. The same rule applies for people testing the files. If you aren't able to give legitimate constructive criticism, don't bother posting at all. Refrain from posting (sucks and bad lol) please.

XxMidigamixX 07-20-2012 02:26 PM

Re: "Play/Test/Judge my simfile" thread V2

welp, might as well make some use to this thread~

Song Name: Anthem Pt. 2
Style: 4key
Length: 3:48 (so far 2:00 in)
Difficulty: Haven't placed any yet
Other: It's a W.I.P.

dl link: http://www.mediafire.com/?nh1wk33ko1wy43d

KeRoPoP 07-27-2012 01:01 AM

Song Name: Yes! Yuyuyu * Yuruyuri
Length: 1:40
Difficulty: Challenge [8] NPS scale
http://www.mediafire.com/?tt0hncfkfcr4rnb

FEEDBACK NEED >w<

Choofers 07-27-2012 02:07 AM

can you post artists as well

because I downloaded midi's file expecting iidx and got blink 182 instead lmao

KeRoPoP 07-27-2012 02:09 AM

Play mine too >_<

baq12 07-27-2012 02:30 AM

Played both of the files. Here are my thoughts. Note I might just come off as slightly picky, so bear with me.

(KeRoPoP) Yes! Yuyuyu * Yuruyuri-
-One of my biggest peeves with this is the usage of the freezes. For example, in m. 5 on the two left 4th freezes followed by an 8th jump doesnt make sense in feeze usage. Pretty much every pattern that has that 4th freeze and 8th followed by another 4th freeze and another 8th, you should cut the freeze. It makes literally no sense to why its there.
-There were also a little bit of inconsistency in layering, such as in the vocals at the beggining, when you layered in the freezes, you just left them as a single while everything else is a jump, My suggestion is to layer the vocals as single notes while layering the snare hits.
-Also at M. 11, you layer when the chord changes and not the snare, which is ok, but then you layer in snare at a random spot again. I would layer both to make that part more interesting.
-Mines really don't make any sense to me at points, and tend to get slightly annoying. Either cut them out or re layer them differently.
-Once the vocals come back in, it feels empty again, and then some random 8th jumps as well. When more instruments are added, try to layer some of them in to make the part more interesting and enjoyable.
-M. 33 and M. 34 there are some random 8th hands that don't make any sense. I would just leave those as jumps.
-M. 37, cut the hold out and just keep it as a jump.
-M. 39-42, I personally think you can layer percussion crashes and snare into it, that would make that part a bit more interesting.
-M. 44, Idk if that should be a quad. You can probably just layer it as a hand.
-The chorus is overall good. I believe layering in more percussion could make the chorus a little more enjoyable to play, but thats my personal opinion. Although at M.50 and 51 those holds don't make sense, so change those. Your also missing some cool background vocals in M. 52.
-basically everything from there to the end you can apply the information from earlier.

Overall, this was just some nit picky stuff from me, it'll be a pretty solid file in my opinion if you make those fixes. Keep on stepping! :)

(Midigami) Anthem Pt. 2
Gotta open up DDReam for this one.
In general, its not very pitch relevant. I tend to be a bit picky on pitch relevancy at points.
-M.1, First beat is supposed to be a flam.
-M.3, First beat is off again, its supposed to be a flam.
-M.5, this time you emphasize the first beat as a flam, which is correct.
-Once the tempo doubles in speed, layering is a bit questionable. Sometimes you'll layer in kick bass, but sometimes its left out, and some hi hat stuff is left out too.
-As a general tip, always check your sync on this. Some parts will tend to jump out of sync, then jump back in. Just an observation I noticed.
-Once the holds are being layered in, the file starts to feel a little wonky. I would probably just emphasize the lead guitar as jumps to make the flow a little better, but thats just me.
-The file feels just a bit empty and underlayered to me, maybe its because your aiming for a certain audience of players? Idk, if your aiming for the expert players, I would layer it a bit more, to give it more of a groove and good feel to it.
Overall, it just needs to be layered and synced a bit more. Your missing some really cool parts that can be emphasized to make the file more interesting. Pitch relevancy will also help on adding variation to the song to catch the players attention (the song choice is a little ehhh, but its doable.). And double, no, triple check the syncing. Rock and metal songs, or just songs that arent computer generated need special attention when it comes to making sure they are in sync, for when not synced correctly, everything just feels off and wonky. I think I'm repeating myself now, but you get the point.
Keep on working on it, and I think it'll turn out well!

Happy stepping! :)

Emanresu13 07-27-2012 02:39 AM

I agree with what baq12 said, except that I mostly liked your use of freezes regarding guitar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by baq12 (Post 3733890)
-Once the tempo doubles in speed, layering is a bit questionable. Sometimes you'll layer in kick bass, but sometimes its left out, and some hi hat stuff is left out too.

That stood out quite a bit, to me.

My thoughts:
-8th note jump/freeze in M.14 should be freeze only
-2nd jump/freeze in M.17, repeated in M.21, should be jump only
-Freeze in M.50, freezes in M.64, what are those for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeRoPoP (Post 3733882)
Play mine too >_<

I thought yours was awesome, it made me smile a few times throughout. Nothing constructive from me, maybe a pat on the back or something.
edit: I thought the mines were well done and enjoyable.
edit2: 9/10 replayable.

KeRoPoP 07-27-2012 03:08 AM

Your second point baq. Which m. Bothered you the most? I already fix other ones.

baq12 07-27-2012 03:30 AM

I don't remember the exact measure. But it's the measure when it goes into the first verse I think
Edit- Ill take a look again in the morning just to be sure.

KeRoPoP 07-27-2012 03:35 AM

IM ALL DONE~ I post in the morning. You check then~ ^w^

KeRoPoP 07-27-2012 03:37 AM

On a scale of 1/10 what you think the replayability is? x3

Checked_Out 08-26-2012 11:14 AM

Hmm. This is a good place. I like it.

Song Name: Chopin Nocturne No. 2 in E Flat, Op. 9
Length: 4:03, weird cutoff at the end (WIP)
Difficulty: Ignore what I put. It's the Med [9] file.
Stuff: Be harsh. I inverted the PR a few times for ease's sake. Soon there will be a Solo file for it, because I luvs my Solo piano pieces.

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g982y3bgqq3hx7i/JZSN6OArco

Nick Skyline 10-6-2012 01:50 PM

Song: The Super Coke (The Speedfreak Discoshit Remix), original by RoughSketch
Length: 6:34
Difficulty: Hard [12]
Notice: There are rolls in this file.

Download Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/sh/j8ckc2rz1v...ne%29.zip?dl=1

d-feather 12-9-2012 10:57 AM

Name: LOVE LOVE SUGAR
Style: 4k
Length: 1:25
Difficulty: --/--/--/12/--
Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/czsyo2z1mr0...VE%20SUGAR.zip
Notes: One of my first resteps of a DDR song. I'll upload the other later.

skorpion9x 01-8-2013 02:15 AM

I started a simfile to a death metal song, but I'm a bit lost as to what to do with the steps. In a particular part of the song, the double-bass drums are played as 24th notes, but the snares alternate between red/blue arrows and yellow arrows (see: http://puu.sh/1L8h1). It just seems kind of weird to me that the snares don't line up with the bass drums half of the time, and it sounds weird (though not unfitting) when I play it with the clap. How do you guys think I should handle this part? I mean I feel like the snares should be stepped with jumps, which works out naturally on the red and blue notes. But on the yellow ones, the steps come in really fast bursts, and I think putting jumps to those yellow notes might be overdoing it.

The song is this, by the way:

I'm sorry if this isn't the correct place to make this kind of post, since I'm not actually sharing a file to be tested, but I think it's still close to the intended use of this thread, and I certainly didn't want to make a new thread about it.

Choofers 01-8-2013 02:47 AM

that's around 140 bpm, right? shouldn't be too hard as long as the patterns are good.

.Rarity 01-17-2013 05:23 AM

Song name: Friendship is Magic (Faster Mix)
Style: Pad
Length: 2:00
Difficulty: Standard/Medium [6], Hard/Heavy [8]
Notes: I was never refined at making stepfiles, I feel as if I have many repeated patterns (mostly on Standard) and well I'm sure everything is more or less than average. Also a work-in-progress. Uses Dwi/Sm files.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?vg5lcynvq0cq5fl

cedolad 01-27-2013 09:58 PM

Song Name: Bonfire
Artist: Knife Party
Length: Just over 2 mins (cut)
Difficulty: haven't figured it out yet
Notes: Starting to get used to adding holds and mines to more of my files, really looking for feedback on hold/mine and jump/hand usage. First finished file that I actually took time to work on in years.

dl: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32295295/Bon...0(cedolad).zip

Xx{Midnight}xX 02-9-2013 02:27 AM

If someone would be kind enough to go through this chart below with a fine tooth comb I would appreciate it very much. I don't wish to post the DL link because I would like to use this in a pack in the near future.

Please PM me on here if you can spare the time so I can PM you the file. (I only do this in case the pack in the future requests that it not be a previously released chart. I'm sure you understand.)

sayuncle990 02-9-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Rarity (Post 3839579)
Song name: Friendship is Magic (Faster Mix)
Style: Pad
Length: 2:00
Difficulty: Standard/Medium [6], Hard/Heavy [8]
Notes: I was never refined at making stepfiles, I feel as if I have many repeated patterns (mostly on Standard) and well I'm sure everything is more or less than average. Also a work-in-progress. Uses Dwi/Sm files.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?vg5lcynvq0cq5fl

I tried the Medium, but it seems out of sync to me. All the notes were coming just a bit too early.