Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152539)

Hakulyte 11-26-2020 07:38 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
tbh that pic look like it was genuinely made in wolf chat.

Hakulyte 11-26-2020 07:42 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Hey Sunfan, I'm going to genuinely lock vote you for having this piece of wolf evidence on you.

I want to see the narrative where you explain town you making this masterpiece.

the sun fan 11-26-2020 08:52 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750658)
What the thread needs to most right now is Yoshl/Freezin.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
NO..............

the sun fan 11-26-2020 09:04 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750672)
Hey Sunfan, I'm going to genuinely lock vote you for having this piece of wolf evidence on you.

I want to see the narrative where you explain town you making this masterpiece.

here's a post from the most recent mafia game I played in, FG referenced it shortly before she subbed out (FFA, FG and I won it yesterday afternoon)

some context will be lost here, but it should still suffice as evidence:
https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threa...1#post-1250147

(btw that player did get killed the next day and he flipped red which I thought was great)

I'm an asshole in TWG sometimes. I care more about winning than I should, and this is bad for a couple reasons, I'll make it short. I'm going to try to be funnier sometimes because it'd make me more fun to play with, and doing stuff like what plop does where he made a banner for an official statement from that fake law-firm is the kind of thing I am jealous of, because it looks fun

so, I had fun making that image. I was sad when no one really responded to it at first, but such is life.

to actually get to your argument. You're not right on the team of 3. Even if you were, there's almost 0 chance you'd be right for the right reasons. Stop casting a net trying to catch every fish in the ocean.

If you think I'm scummy for having made that image, go ahead and vote me. But please, stop chasing a world of three on the second day phase without any mechanical information.

the sun fan 11-26-2020 09:20 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
I guess one other thing I can say
I'm not seriously going to stop my wolfteam from trying to kill someone just because I think that the person's posts are really funny

Hakulyte 11-26-2020 09:44 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Do you know a way to play this game that has more than 1% chance to work constantly ?

the sun fan 11-26-2020 09:53 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750677)
Do you know a way to play this game that has more than 1% chance to work constantly ?

I'm not sure I understand the question
yes, I've been telling people "you're doing it wrong!" a lot this game

just push people you think are scummy if you're town, stop trying to build mountains about how DBP/plop/sunfan is the team of three and focusing on that

pick between those three who you think is the scummiest, and push them, or even pick someone else entirely

the sun fan 11-26-2020 10:31 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
plop, have we really been mindmelding as much as you're describing?
I can't say I've particularly felt it

fatfuck42 11-26-2020 10:52 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750655)
The only thing I don't like right now is how the majority is cool with a T-Force lynch in the same manner that majority was cool with Ulle/FFA lynch.

The same thought's been crossing my mind too. What do you make of it? Is it a hit and the wolves don't think they can try to defend him without looking suspicious? Is he a vanilla wolf and they're bussing him? Are his partners AFK, or subtly pushing elsewhere (ie freezin on sunfan)? I feel like if I were on the wolf team and he was town I'd suggest at least one or two of us try to defend him so there'd be some opposition to the lynch and people wouldn't get cold feet.

fatfuck42 11-26-2020 10:54 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4750679)
plop, have we really been mindmelding as much as you're describing?
I can't say I've particularly felt it

I feel like we have been, at least relative to how much I agree with other player's takes. Maybe it's more one-sided on my part (or, perhaps, unrequited....)

fatfuck42 11-26-2020 10:56 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4750675)
so, I had fun making that image. I was sad when no one really responded to it at first, but such is life.

Let the record show that the picture got a laugh out of me.

the sun fan 11-26-2020 11:39 AM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4750682)
Let the record show that the picture got a laugh out of me.

keep pocketing me

the sun fan 11-26-2020 12:21 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
I think I'll echo DBP's earlier concern that American Thanksgiving might really put a damper on this phase
maybe we'll get the legendary double-phase extension

mellon_collie 11-26-2020 12:54 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
aren't Americans all busy doing nothing on Thanksgiving?

mellon_collie 11-26-2020 12:55 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
If anybody here is doing anything other than meeting up with family that is already in their bubble/virtual meetups let me know so I can VOTE YOU OUT OF THIS GAME FOR BEING DUMB

the sun fan 11-26-2020 01:08 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4750687)
If anybody here is doing anything other than meeting up with family that is already in their bubble/virtual meetups let me know so I can VOTE YOU OUT OF THIS GAME FOR BEING DUMB

DBP said he was going to be doing stuff all day
lets get him

fatfuck42 11-26-2020 01:24 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4750684)
keep pocketing me

If you insist!

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 02:07 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750645)
Come on Subaru, you only have 1260 posts to read and less than 24 hours :D

I was asleep but gimme a sec or like an hour cuz I got me a N O T E P A D

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 02:16 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4750670)
I'm not moving my vote onto Force, even though I tried to last night, because he already has 3 votes

I'll move it to Subaru instead as a welcome

To the people telling you that your slot is dirty, it isn't lol. No slot can be dirty without either hard slank, or a flipped wolf someone was defending, neither of which FG was doing.

With that I guess I should read FG 'fore I do anything now that I'm thinkin about it.

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 02:22 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
OK on the note of the phase, how many hours from now do it end? Has a time change happened yet? I don't feel like having a repeat of last time.

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 02:24 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4749386)
also i just rewatched hakus objection and realized he stuck his suspicions in there. And i somehow completely glossed over it and missed it the first time i watched. lol

oh no. So does this mean I have to watch ALL of them that come up?

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 02:27 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Good morning everyone!

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 02:29 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Guess we're waiting on Subaru to catch up...

I'm still of the opinion that his slot doesn't look good

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 02:32 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750700)
Guess we're waiting on Subaru to catch up...

I'm still of the opinion that his slot doesn't look good

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4749408)
alright i'm a wolf guys. you got me

Based on this post I just found I'd honestly agree.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4749410)
i was really worried that i wouldn't be able to juggle this game with some other twgs i'm in

thanks for not saying shit guys i needed that

but for real though, t-force is a wolf here

I'm not quite sure where she's getting this from aside from the meme, though.

I'd quote your post you made after that but I don't feel like hunting all the quotes down to make it authentic so is it allowed to just take a screenshot of the post and put it in an imgur thing? Cuz that'd greatly expedite the process.

If not, it's post #135, and Shadow quoted Force's first(?) three posts.

the sun fan 11-26-2020 02:34 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Subaru, before this train gets hilariously off the tracks
you do know that you're replacing FG, right?

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 02:36 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
The next few posts are pondering about Ulleabhara's past experience and then just saying "sounds suss" to various other posts people make so omg.

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 02:36 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4750702)
Subaru, before this train gets hilariously off the tracks
you do know that you're replacing FG, right?

Y e p.

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 02:39 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Raeko's also Jared for some reason so I'm kinda lost at page 10 ngl.

From what I can gather, most of the discussion has been attempting to overanalyze Haku's first objection page, and YoshL just jumped in at this point

fatfuck42 11-26-2020 02:40 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4750696)
OK on the note of the phase, how many hours from now do it end? Has a time change happened yet? I don't feel like having a repeat of last time.

It's 9PM server tonight, so just shy of 7.5hrs. Best of luck!

fatfuck42 11-26-2020 02:42 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
I'm feeling good about subaru already.

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 02:48 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4750707)
I'm feeling good about subaru already.

Good as in he's a hit?

fatfuck42 11-26-2020 02:49 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750709)
Good as in he's a hit?

Opposite. Good as in he's off to a townie start.

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 02:50 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4750710)
Opposite. Good as in he's off to a townie start.

Hmm... maybe?

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 03:00 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulleabhara (Post 4749501)
Mechanical stuff – a lot of this is just me getting my head in the game, but if anyone has some strategic insights, please share!

Blues (random pick 2)
  • Phoenix: Seer
  • Maya: Guardian/Vigilante (1 action per Night) + Miller
  • Blue!Miles: Wizard + Ballot Stuffer? (We had this “plus-or-minus” vote role on the late home site but never came up with a good name for it)
  • Trucy: 1-Shot Sniper (Another one we struggled with, “Elite Bodyguard” and “Trapper” also floated around, but I much prefer “Sniper”)
  • Ema: Watcher/Tracker (Chooses pregame/N0)

Maya is potentially an OP combo, and I don’t think the Miller aspect does much to dampen it – unless, of course, Phoenix is in the game and we just pile on any red seering without thinking. This dictates that we should in fact not do that, especially with the possibility of Manfred in the game, which I will get to shortly.

Blue!Miles is a weird role, and I don’t think the vote-manipulation aspect of him is too useful. Sure, blocking a kill is a pretty strong “either-or” indication on your target’s alignment, but since you have to decide whether to plus or minus them at Night – that is, before you get your result and have any opportunity to sort them – I’d say it’s generally a bad idea to use it unless you have a strong opinion on your target beforehand.

Trucy has the potential to be a very effective “Sword of Damocles” against the wolf team going for a freshly-exposed Blue. With that in mind, if she exists, she should definitely wait for such an opportunity to arise to use her power.

I don’t see any reason for Ema not to choose Watcher. I hope she did if she’s in the game. It’s an easier guessing game and a greater potential reward. But if she chose Tracker, I guess we’ll have to deal.

Power Wolves (random pick 2)
  • Manfred: Night 0 Permanent Framer
  • Franziska: Revoker, Non-Consecutive Target (haven’t seen this particular modifier before)
  • Red!Miles: Restricted Phantom Giver/Gambler (Restricted meaning both actions must be on the same target)
    • Reward Sequence: MW status, 1-shot Revoke, 1-Shot Vigi
  • Matt: Master/Alpha, until kill invalidates (gotta say, I’m loving the creativity here)
  • Kristoph: 1-Shot Stealth Killer

The potential existence of Manfred alone is a big reason why we should let red seerings breathe, and give the accused a chance to claim before throwing down the hammer. Sure, there’s always a chance that they are a wolf and luck out on not getting counterclaimed, but honestly, I don’t think any Blue claim in this game is something that a wolf can ride on forever.

Franziska’s restriction is a pretty good bone to throw to us – it means that they can’t permanently shut down a particular role, and actually have to risk wolfing them/hitting protection

Red!Miles has the potential to be a real pain in the fluffball-tail if played well. For example, if Phoenix is rolled along with him and Matt, and he gets his way even once, Phoenix is rendered practically useless because 2/3rds of the wolf team are now undetectable to him. The upside is that they still don’t have specific counters to any other Blue, but that may well change with further successes. With this in play, Wovles might be emboldened to go hard on Miles’ chosen victim during the day, and attempt to force a split vote (or stall at one) if the split contains Miles’ quarry. We need to counter this by calling out any of this behavior, not tolerating last-minute distractions or dead air, and work hard to build consensus with others on the vote.

Now, to the actual game...

I feel this is pretty important but I don't really fully understand it, in all honesty. I'm not quite sure why they used a different font, either-

fatfuck42 11-26-2020 03:04 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750711)
Hmm... maybe?

AFAIK he's similar to you in that he doesn't post as much as scum. When we rolled wolf together he only posted twice, whereas here he's already at 9. That's a 450% increase. It makes me optimistic.

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 03:05 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4750715)
AFAIK he's similar to you in that he doesn't post as much as scum. When we rolled wolf together he only posted twice, whereas here he's already at 9. That's a 450% increase. It makes me optimistic.

Really? He posted a fair bit when he was wolfing in the Turbo I mentioned when Trevor and Funny were town

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 03:11 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4750715)
AFAIK he's similar to you in that he doesn't post as much as scum. When we rolled wolf together he only posted twice, whereas here he's already at 9. That's a 450% increase. It makes me optimistic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750716)
Really? He posted a fair bit when he was wolfing in the Turbo I mentioned when Trevor and Funny were town

If it's the turbo I'm thinking of I posted a lot in the beginning yeah but once things were starting to get spicy:tm: I shut tf down.

I believe it was one of my first "full" games too so I'm not really counting that game as really indicative of my playstyle cuz I'm still tryna develop it.

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 03:12 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4750717)
If it's the turbo I'm thinking of I posted a lot in the beginning yeah but once things were starting to get spicy:tm: I shut tf down.

I believe it was one of my first "full" games too so I'm not really counting that game as really indicative of my playstyle cuz I'm still tryna develop it.

Please don't develop a wolf game. Lying is a horrible trait to have :(

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 03:17 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4749534)
I want to vote Ull simply because sunfan wont vote ull for just posting roles.
DBP will show up 20m before EOD
Funny/Force I see as T/W or T/T
haku off the table, feels towny
raeko super light towny, liked the "yeah i thought the same thing" quote, felt natural
YoshL saying "nah this isnt a mindmeld" to sunfan is really towny, so they are off the table

don't really care about anyone else

ulle

I know Xiz is out of the game right now but if I were in at this point it'd make me feel real bad about Xiz.

I can understand the "super light towny" part for Raeko but as of page 12 I haven't identified much from them in terms of like, reads or any kinda prodding.
All I can remember from Raeko is them being "Jared" as of right now.

If I were outside-looking-in at FG's slot, T/T makes some sense, but with how FG was posting even I'm going like T/W would make more sense. I'm still tryna read to find her posts to see what to work with but so far first 12 pages haven't been real good for her. I'd imagine it gets better later on, however.

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 03:40 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4749542)
That ule post came across as pretty townie to me. I feel like she'd be more self-conscious about going that deep into mechanics if she were a wolf (since "focusing too much on mechanics" is a popular wolf tell).

Wait that's a wolf tell?

Unrelated though, to expand on my last post regarding Xiz's reads there, I'm not liking FG's posts solely because (from my memory) she was acting a lot like how she was the last game, which she was wolf in. I can totally understand the sus being put on this slot.

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 04:05 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4749561)
hey hey hey

Aight round 2.

Also, dinner's prolly soon so I may not be able to finish readin the game til EoD. I may skip the middle of the game to see where I can get info about this phase. Which post does it start at?

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 04:07 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4750726)
Aight round 2.

Also, dinner's prolly soon so I may not be able to finish readin the game til EoD. I may skip the middle of the game to see where I can get info about this phase. Which post does it start at?

I can tell you it starts on around Page 37

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 04:10 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4749567)
alright so t-force is actually a good vote though

uh what else

haku why aren't you town yet

i'm not voting ulle this phase. already know i have trouble reading her so

sunfan's ok, xiz's ok. these reads are tentative

... I-

Please tell me she explains further about the T-Force thing and that it's not just the meme because what the fuck-

What does "Haku why aren't you town yet" mean-

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 04:11 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4749578)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4749567)
alright so t-force is actually a good vote though

uh what else

haku why aren't you town yet

i'm not voting ulle this phase. already know i have trouble reading her so

sunfan's ok, xiz's ok. these reads are tentative

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4749565)
active players I don't feel great about:
haku, shadowgod, freezin, xiz, plop

less active players I feel mostly okay toward:
funnygurl, yoshl, raeko



Found 2 wolves.

Reason: They're not town reading me.

% chance of being correct: Very high.

Evidence: They're not explaining why they feel that way.

They're super not explaining why they felt that way absolutely but like... I don't understand why "they're not town reading me" is the reason that you found two wolves. It'll prolly be explained later on but as of rn this is the most confusing exchange of events I've seen so far.

SubaruPoptart 11-26-2020 04:18 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
I'm gonna be takin a break from reading for now til after I'm all done with dinner but when I come back I'mma be reading from 36 onward just to save time. Focusing on Funnygurl's posts may not have been the best idea in hindsight but it's the only course of action I can think of right now.

the sun fan 11-26-2020 04:22 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4750730)
I'm gonna be takin a break from reading for now til after I'm all done with dinner but when I come back I'mma be reading from 36 onward just to save time. Focusing on Funnygurl's posts may not have been the best idea in hindsight but it's the only course of action I can think of right now.

I would advise you to totally ignore fg's stuff, or come very close to it
its the last person who we care about your read on
followed closely by xiz, ullebhara and ffa, who we also don't care very much of your opinion on, as they are dead and we know what they were

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 04:25 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4750731)
I would advise you to totally ignore fg's stuff, or come very close to it
its the last person who we care about your read on
followed closely by xiz, ullebhara and ffa, who we also don't care very much of your opinion on, as they are dead and we know what they were

You just HAD to go and say something, didn't you?

I was gonna point it out AFTER he put in all the work

the sun fan 11-26-2020 04:31 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750732)
You just HAD to go and say something, didn't you?

I was gonna point it out AFTER he put in all the work

alright look, if I let him do all that and he comes in the thread and gives his ironclad conclusion that fg is "pretty sus idk tho"
do you know what would happen?
he'd be dead as shit
it'd be funny, and who knows, maybe we'd even hit a wolf somehow, god knows it won't happen off of people making decent reads this game, but that's just not what TWG is about
at least not to me

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 04:37 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4750734)
alright look, if I let him do all that and he comes in the thread and gives his ironclad conclusion that fg is "pretty sus idk tho"
do you know what would happen?
he'd be dead as shit
it'd be funny, and who knows, maybe we'd even hit a wolf somehow, god knows it won't happen off of people making decent reads this game, but that's just not what TWG is about
at least not to me

You suck the fun out of everything :(

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 04:38 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 

the sun fan 11-26-2020 04:40 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750735)
You suck the fun out of everything :(

this is my place in TWG
I belong here

the sun fan 11-26-2020 04:43 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750737)

sir
this video is 10 minutes and 20 seconds long
and you expect me to watch it?

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 04:46 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4750739)
sir
this video is 10 minutes and 20 seconds long
and you expect me to watch it?

I expect you to skim through it because I know you're too lazy to sit for 10 minutes

mellon_collie 11-26-2020 04:46 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4750720)
I can understand the "super light towny" part for Raeko but as of page 12 I haven't identified much from them in terms of like, reads or any kinda prodding.
All I can remember from Raeko is them being "Jared" as of right now.

I literally didn't do anything up until that point is why lol

The "Jared" thing and all of the other posts that don't make any sense, I was quoting a legendary post that Tokzic made. It was a meme on here back in the day. Because we are not supposed to be "tokzic" anymore get it

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 04:50 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 04:50 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Also hello Raeko!

mellon_collie 11-26-2020 04:52 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
hiya!

mellon_collie 11-26-2020 05:00 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
how are you feeling Lewdy? Got any hot takes for me

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 05:01 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Subaru is emulating his town game and rolled wolf

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 05:01 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
I have absolutely 0 evidence to support this take

YoshL 11-26-2020 05:09 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
smacked with irl til now, and even now i should be starting to cook

to address sunfan specifically:
saying "yoshl is playing like a natural town, and i don't have anything to point out therefore because yoshl can act this way as scum, scumread."
sure PoE exists with people playing towny, but at the same time, the reasoning feels like garbage tier lazy and it's not something i expect coming from sunfan especially.
i also agree with freezin in that you're playing pretty safe, in not actually giving concrete scumreads. out of your PoE, it wasn't that you had a specific person who you had most scummy, but you've fallen back on the "well i wanted people to talk about freezin" from what it looks like. no actual commitment to the hunt of scum tbh

post #1081 plop says haku is making sense right now, and i would very hard disagree, because his reads progression is literally nonexistent from what i can glean.

post #1088 I actually like freezin's reaction to sunfan, mostly because it's pretty heavily mirroring what i'm thinking tbh. I think freezin town here 9 times out of 10, don't think he comes back and picks a fight with sunfan like that if he's W and gets a pressure vote - he's actually looking into sunfan's actions and case and addressing that fact - that sunfan doesn't seem to actually have any cases towards his non-PoE, and is trying to push worlds that aren't the main ones being discussed at the time.

Trevor's #1136 post i'd like to comment on a bit, because i feel like there's a couple good points, but they amount to stuff that i think could either be NAI or wolf leaning given the context.
The first section where he mentions fg's vote on plop is a weak, because i don't think that really amounts to "distancing" in any traditional sense, throwing a vote onto plop at EoD.
The hindsight section is actually throwing me for a loop because even earlier in the game sunfan was like "hey my bones are a rattlin we're gonna hit green" and there wasn't too much said about that.
I don't think plop's post that t-force is referring to is actually even bad, because i think most people were on that same mindset of voting ulle d0, so plop isn't even wrong there.

I also think that his analysis on Haku being town is super weak. "It would be very hard to keep up that facade for so long" is more or less just an assumption that can't really be backed up with any in thread evidence - none of the actual analyzing done was spent on what they were actually saying, or how haku's reads and opinions were developing (i still can't follow haku's progressions lmao)

#1171 - one of the few good Tforce posts this game i think but doesn't really change the overarching wolfy vibe tbh

(intermission) throughout thread, I personally *still* don't have a good grasp on mellon, i'm not reading her on either side, i've seen stuff like "she's more assertive this game" and a couple other things, but if someone can explain like more in-depth why they're reading mellon the way they are, i'd appreciate

#1210 - plop says
Quote:

Also also, with the exception of sunfan, people kept townreading you with minimal explanation given, and since no one really answered me when I asked them to elaborate, I got contrarian and leaned into the scumread harder than I would've otherwise, lol...
which again is literally what i feel, and i don't think i grasp even plop's reasoning other than "i was wrong last time" i think?

#1234 - ok never mind actually lmao i think i remember now someone pointed out earlier the mellon advice and this actually feels so towny, i was thinking the same thing as haku started back up with the three wolf world build
still, to me it feels like such a weird feeling that i feel like i know, but i don't actually know, and am still wondering if anyone else can like, elucidate this kind of thing still

stopped right before plop wall, will continue with that. sunfan claims that "Yoshl, Force, Freezin & plop" are part of his non poe, and actually reading back through his post #1073, that raeko read is so gas filled that it'd blow away with a fart like, damn why is she not part of PoE when she fits your criteria, especially in that no-one really has been talking about her? again looking back, it feels super contrived and not actually a quality PoE

brb corn

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 05:19 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Hmmmm....

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 05:19 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
I need to go back a bit and do some reading when I get to a computer

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:21 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
alright time to do some work

=====

flashflash account (5) - fatfuck42, DaBackpack, Shadow_God_10, TWGma, Ulleabhara
Ulleabhara (4) - Xiz, FreezinIce, mellonxcollie, Funnygurl555
TWGma (2) - YoshL, Hakulyte
DaBackpack (1) - the sun fan

------

Not Voting (1): flashflash account

====

I moved Ulli's vote to FFA because for all intents and purposes thats where it was.

Now,for a wagon analysis you'd ideally like to have 1 red flip to really start being able to draw conclusions. The fact that both the top wagons are definitively town is also not great. So this is more to organize my thoughts than anything.

You have 2 major groups that emerge from this EoD:

>People who have took a side on FFA vs Ulli
>People who stayed out of it for various reasons


from a wolfs pov as a human vs human interaction with no stakes in the outcome, i would bet the safer play would be to stay out compared to weigh in.

So i think that there is likely a wolf in the following group of people who stayed out of the EoD clusterfuck (Sunfan, YoshiL, Haku).

I think law of averages puts a wolf in the other group as well, so the trick now is finding which of those votes looks the most out of place.

(20 Mins later)

Well i reread eod a few times and theres and this is what i have

Good:

>DBP had an actual reason for his vote that made sense
>Xiz had an actual reason for his vote that made sense
>Mellos vote made sense because you could see the thought process that led to her finally settling on Ulli

???:

>Fg voted plop then ulli. I read the explanation that someone else gave for why she did it and was like "ok w/e"
>Plop started the FFA Wagon, dunno if thats good or bad, he was kind of slow burning on FFA then this comes out of nowhere

Bad

shadow moved his vote like 28945432879 times
tforce materialized a vote from nowhere on FFA

So 2nd wolf can be within (FG/Subaru, Plop, Shadow, Tforce)

3rd wolf could be in either of those groups

Dont think DBP is wolfing
Dont think Mello is wolfing

After resetting and actually thinking about the game, those are my only 2 ride or die townreads, everyone else is on the table.

Stay tuned for part 2 coming whenever i feel like it

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:24 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
my wallpost got preempted by another wall post zzzzzzzz

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:37 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4750510)
please tell me who I am either townreading that I shouldn't be, or mafiareading that I shouldn't be, aside from you

>Sunfan reads post 1073 for reference

I dont think FG/Subaru is a solid town, i think you are reaching with the assumption you made on why she switched from plop to Ulli and willfully ignoring the entire debacle that was her eod, including some stuff i would borderline call open wolfing. I expect you to revise that read heavily especially since subaru replaced into the slot.

I agree with your townread on Raeko in principle but it feels weak. If you actually felt how you described she should be closer to null or even on the table. You pretty much even admitted as such near the end of that read.

There was alot of filler words in your bottom scum list and my eyes glazed over involuntarily. w/e

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:39 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750514)
Have you read DBP's post ? I think having your stance on that stuff is kinda important.

it sure felt like a thing that dbp would think and post.

I really cant wrap my head around a dynamic between fg / tforce but ill try to read it again later and ill update if i have any new thoughts

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:39 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
i think im done digging my past self out of all the holes i fell in when i was barely coherently playing the game

sup

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:40 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
is anyone out there

the sun fan 11-26-2020 05:42 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4750750)
I think freezin town here 9 times out of 10, don't think he comes back and picks a fight with sunfan like that if he's W and gets a pressure vote

Freezin literally plays this game hoping he ends up in a thunderdome with someone
its his fetish

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:43 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4750759)
Freezin literally plays this game hoping he ends up in a thunderdome with someone
its his fetish

dont kink shame dude

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:44 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
i might miss EoD due to thanksgiving but ill try to be here

ill also stick around for a bit here because i dont think ive done any realtime interactions with anyone this game and im feeling lonely

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:44 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
im desperate enough to even talk to shadow

shadow come out

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:45 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Raeko would be nice too but shes always hiding

rip

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:46 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
or even sunfan.

whats your thoughts now that you read my big post and find yourself squarely in my sights?

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:49 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
ill care more about yoshl once he shows his hand and reveals who hes gunning for today and i can cross reference that with his progression

until then im just sitting here reading his wall post thinking "yep those are things that happened and i could see why youd think that"

FreezinIce 11-26-2020 05:54 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 

Shadow_God_10 11-26-2020 05:54 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4750762)
im desperate enough to even talk to shadow

shadow come out

I'm not sure if this is a compliment or an insult

Anyways hello Freezin!

the sun fan 11-26-2020 05:56 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4750750)
stopped right before plop wall, will continue with that. sunfan claims that "Yoshl, Force, Freezin & plop" are part of his non poe, and actually reading back through his post #1073, that raeko read is so gas filled that it'd blow away with a fart like, damn why is she not part of PoE when she fits your criteria, especially in that no-one really has been talking about her? again looking back, it feels super contrived and not actually a quality PoE

ok this is actually not the worst criticism so thank you

my raeko read is largely based on meta here, I haven't seen her play as wolf in a while (there was a turbo where she got dunked, I think, but I was hosting and I'll be honest I wasn't really reading it). I remember reading her hard scum when she was scum however long ago it was, but I can't really tell you why I was so right that one time in the past.

Here, it doesn't feel like she has an agenda, that would be something I think everyone can agree on thus far, but that's an easy thing to say.

I'm not here to disrespect raeko. Roundbox had a point when he talked about many things in the TWG Toxicity thread, specifically regarding "old boys" and gender preference, to name a two. Raeko is an old boy, older than any of us in TWG years as a matter of fact (aside from maybe roundbox, I am too lazy to check this), but is rarely treated as one. She also isn't a boy.

Now, what the fuck am I talking about? Good question. I feel like Roundbox made a good point, specifically for myself. Funnygurl, when talking to her (I hope this isn;t something she said to me privately but I'm 98% sure it was public) that she has felt like she never thought she was good at the game until she played on other forums, and felt respect there.

It crushed me to read that.

Raeko has talked in this thread and others about being disrespected. She's also said that she thinks she's not very good at TWG before, which is a point that I think I rather disagree with in this game thus far.

Look at her actual posts this game, no she doesn't have a reads list, and I've said before that reads lists are overrated. Her points this game are good. Just off the top of my head, my townread on her began when she reminded someone that votes should be taken in the context under which they were cast before the first EOD got pushed back.

My best memory of when she was wolfing was her feeling a bit aimless. I also remember that I had a burning fury inside of me to get her killed, and failed at doing so. I don't have that this game at all.

This might be best described as a feels read, and might also best be filed under trying to be marginally more inclusive in a place that I might not have been as respectful as I should have been before.

I have to be honest and say I'm rather sure I would be townreading her even if the toxicity thread hadn't been made. But I do think that the thread made me realize a little bit here that I might not have before.

If I have the time, I'll go through her iso and hit you with a few quotes that feel especially good to me

the sun fan 11-26-2020 05:58 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4750760)
dont kink shame dude

far be it from me to do that to anyone but lewdy, who will burn in pits of tar in hades for eternity for his sins


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution