Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151416)

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 07:38 PM

Re: TWG 190: Written in Blood and Betrayal - Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4701469)

I'm really tempted to say that he's town that doesn't know what he's doing but knows enough from past games that he does have to do something. if this is the case i expect to see some beefy content from him then moving forward.

I feel the same way but have the opposite interpretation, we can be good cop/bad cop

he doesn't know what he's doing so is trying to open with a power play but it backfired horribly and then he immediately excused himself

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4701473)
Are we tryharding D0?

Okay let's think for a second here.

Do you really think the wolf team in general would allow that to happen? If your answer is "Yes" then please elaborate. I want to see where your train of thought goes.

I really don't think it's worth it to think about wolf-chat or coaching, by this point in the thread nothing has really happened, so I doubt wolf-chat has gotten to the point where they need to coordinate and coach each other

storn42 11-6-2019 07:41 PM

Last bit of activity before i randomly stop posting. I just ewant to say, look at who hopped on the riot wagon and why. I see it as a potential wolf hot spot.

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123kappa3 (Post 4701483)

Riots reads list is fine I guess its pretty useless but does spark conversation.

Why is his reads list fine if you think it's useless? It's one thing to give a townread towards someone who sparks conversation, but another thing to give a townread somebody for making a post so bad that everyone feels inclined to comment on it

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4701489)
Eh, I like Riot's reads list. It will be good to be able to see his thought progression so plainly. Other plays can look back on that and see any inconsistencies from later in the game, so I think it's pretty ballsy to make one so early on

half of his post doesn't even have any thoughts in it

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4701498)
it literally already has an inconsistency

bing

I'm interested in finding out what you think about raeko

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4701513)
Pretty much every character with a command input (Ryu, Ken I guess Terry now) is dead to me, it's an old relic of a system that I'm better off without. I have issues getting characters to do what I want as is, I don't need another layer added to that. I only don't play Inkling tbh because I can never remember the input to regain ink. (Though inkling is easily my favorite addition to the game - even over banjo.)

Terry is a boring addition to the game for me personally, I'm excited for the next one, hoping it's someone else I wanted to see.

command inputs are extremely efficient to program and also to play with because it dramatically increases that amount of things you can do without needing a fuckton of buttons

SF2 only had six buttons but command inputs let someone like Ryu perform 6 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 unique actions

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123kappa3 (Post 4701519)
FlashFlash having MML as null is odd because I feel like you could def have a read on him based on what hes said so far.

The fact that MML wants to vote charu and flashflash having MML as null bothers me a little. I almost want to lynch charu and if he comes back town that looks super bad for MML and Flashflash. Charu wolf read for me isnt super strong but, it will give a lot of info.

but other then that flashflashes reads are pretty close to what I have seen.

Mellon collie's comments towards riots list is kind of bad but, again its not damning just looks off.

So I could see riot, mellon collie, flashflash OR riot, mellon collie, Charu right now as teams. its super early so all of this probably will change but, its my point of view.

DBP, Kayla still need to chime in at some point. will probably come back to this later this afternoon or night.

this doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I think kappa is town for it

I still would like him to clarify on riotpolice though

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4701521)

dude

he says he wants more posts from people

and then literally ignored me, who at the time didn't have much content

explain to me how that's ok

xelnya is probably town, I don't expect him to come in with this kind of insight and focus D0, no offense

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riotpolice (Post 4701554)
I am in no position to post anything lengthy just yet, for I am on break at work. I will post more big walls of text later that will flesh out more of my thought process, but for now, I am very excited to see how my list became an engine to starting serious discussion.

Let the real games begin boys and girls~

I don't think you understand why people are scumreading you

it's not that we expect wallposts, it's that we cringe on the inside when you try to make big wallposts but everything is ass

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4701555)
Real quick before you go, champ.

Are you able to confirm or deny your reads list was done for the purpose of inciting controversial discussions?

??????

Kappa said the exact same thing and nobody else did and it feels super weird to see you bring this up as an excuse in favor of Riotpolice

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riotpolice (Post 4701557)
I also mentioned it in my op that my lost was an "engine for discussion" blah blag blah.

In case you skipped over it.

riotpolice

you only brought up the engine for discussion thing after people nailed you to the cross over your bad post

your "engine of discussion" bit occurred like 20 hours after the post in question and there is no way you premeditated that

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4701563)
It'll be awesome if you expanded this into exploring what I did that was towny and what I did that was wolfy and explained why one doesn't supersede the other, resulting in null

It seems you want to mask the validity of your list with "But it started conversation!"

No beginner makes that spin, methinks. Not one that makes such a shit list in good faith like what I was thinking. This is pretentious set up to contradict your list but not be called out for it

MML is town

Charu 11-6-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4701673)
??????

Kappa said the exact same thing and nobody else did and it feels super weird to see you bring this up as an excuse in favor of Riotpolice

My boy, I simply expressed it'd be a good time for our dear contestant to tell us if the offending post was for the purpose of stirring conflicting opinions or if they genuinely believe what they're stating!

If Mr. Riot is a good lad, then I'm expecting a worthwhile answer for the masses!

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4701584)
If you're gonna sheep me you better add something to it

xel pretty confidently town now

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4701676)
My boy, I simply expressed it'd be a good time for our dear contestant to tell us if the offending post was for the purpose of stirring conflicting opinions or if they genuinely believe what they're stating!

If Mr. Riot is a good lad, then I'm expecting a worthwhile answer for the masses!

Yeah and that's exactly the problem

what on earth gave you the idea that he'd do something like that solely to stir up conflicting opinions?

normally you'd see his posts and go, huh, that really sucks, not huh, he's doing keikaku doori and intentionally making a bad post to get people talking

especially when he isn't even here to reap the harvest of the discussion

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4701594)
It's a month long Shmup (Arcade shooter/bullet hell) competition! I'm having problems recording my runs (since none of them are top 3, I'm just submitting screenshots) but many of the players are so you can check the score listings and see footage of the top runs

Still gonna try to stream throughout the month, just gotta work through the tech

oh yeah I want to do this too

I have a bunch of touhou replays to beat and I'd also like to re-learn Stellavanity

Charu 11-6-2019 08:11 PM

It's not about what I believe. It's more I want it written on paper what the contestant believes.

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4701604)
I like that he did the reads list, I recognize there weren't any good reads it was on page 3 for god's sake.

It's the act of doing it itself that I liked. it seemed like he was really putting himself out there to produce conversation. Who cares if the actual reads were garbage, anyone's reads would be garbage that early on

People took it and ran with it as a reason to accuse you. When you were the first person to really start doing anything in the game and getting it going. I think that looks pretty suspect personally

again the issue is that it's a tryhard post with no substance

and on top of that, his more recent posts are him acting like "I was only pretending to be retarded" which adds a level of self-awareness that I really think is at odds with the reads list during the time it was posted

DaBackpack 11-6-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4701680)
It's not about what I believe. It's more I want it written on paper what the contestant believes.

no no no

what made you think of it as a legit possibility in the first place? plenty of people over the course of time make bad reads lists, and very rarely do you see other players ask "did you make this bad reads list on purpose?"

what made you think this was a possibility this time?