Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149562)

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 09:33 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4642388)

although I did count how many times celirra said the letter z not including xiz's name

Cel Z COUNT: 96

hope that helps someone

oh my god lmfao

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 09:34 PM

syhto's my favorite player this game

Precarious 08-17-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642611)
im not a fan of the precarious list

Of course you're not, I have you listed as wolfy. But I'd actually agree it's a bit mushy--this game kind of sucks right now, since everyone is sort of blending together.

the sun fan 08-17-2018 09:34 PM

Save me fg who the wolves

Xiz 08-17-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642620)
Are we assmelding because that reads list is loads better than the one he made when he was a wolf in the last twg game we played. That doesn't mean much but fit looks like he actually put effort into it

his reads on myself which seems weak, his read on blind which im asking for clarification, the sytho read seems like a prep vote if sytho ends up being a misslynch because it's one of those town but not town reads. Rest feel kinda sheepy i guess.

I do like the cel read though, because it's wrong, since prec wasn't in the past turbo where cel rolled wolf so his logic checks out there.

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4642590)
Cel--Moderate town lean. It's not that it's impossible to fake this sort of game, but there's always going to be an element of deception to a wolf game--that can manifest itself in trying to toe the line too neutrally, or in being super aggressive and hiding in plain sight, or in seeming helpful while really not saying much at all. Or a million other things. Celirra has been engaged and has provided a thought structure to their game, yet has also been sort of sarcastic without being belligerent. I feel like this is a hard line to walk as scum.

"trying to toe the line too neutrally" intrigues me, because that's the keel he was on in the turbo - he fence-sat so hard he probably has butt marks even now. you seem kinda high on him for like, the exact thing i just saw work for him as a wolf, though you probably didn't read that game. although as i've mentioned, he's had suspicions on people earlier this time and actually voted and stuff, which is what has been allaying those fears of a repeat

Quote:

Xiz--Null, to slight wolf lean. So, in the last TWG, Xiz and I were both wolves. His game feels a little bit different here, which is a good sign I guess, but...he's doing a lot of the same things. And I suppose that could just be Xiz's style, and I definitely have a weakness where I associate non-game play with wolfiness, but...when people aren't doing game related things, and also aren't pressuring other people to talk, but are posting--it's dead space. It creates the impression of activity, and by avoiding game talk, it's harder to self-implicate. The thing is, Xiz's tone is a little different than last game, and I don't know if that's relevant.

what do you think is different tonally?

Quote:

TPS--Null. Obviously the post volume has been low, but what's there has been game-relevant and thoughtful, but not necessarily directly challenging. Sound like anyone you know? In any case, #463 definitely points to prior mafia/werewolf experience, and his posts include legitimate observations. I just feel like there should be more actual engagement given the...familiarity of his style. The fact that I'm not town-reading this slot gives me a bad feeling given TPS's tone, but I feel like a lot of that is due to the limited content, and I want to see more here.

underlined: sound like anyone you know? :^)
but yeah tps has played quite a bit, but less in the era of no-open-comms games, so you can factor that into your read. i have stated detail issues with the posts he did make but it's not like they're getting resolved in his absence anyway

Xiz 08-17-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4642627)
Blind's spot has been inactive, obviously--not a lot of posts, and not a lot of content in those posts. That was actually a legitimate observation though--the wolf team can use their own roles to at least estimate how many town power roles there might be. You know, this:

I like theorycraft a lot more than most, although most of isn't really applicable yet, given that there's no way to know what sort of gamestate we have. One of the few things we can do at this stage is recognize that the wolves have a slight information advantage, using themselves to extrapolate on the gamestate. It's not that useful to the wolves, much less the town, but that recognition was interesting to me because it showed a kind of engagement that was otherwise absent from blind's posts. Whether that's because he's a wolf who would have had reason to think that way, or just because it was "analysis" that could be done absent following the thread, is sort of what I was getting at. I actually tend to believe it's the latter.

oh okay gotcha. nevermind i like this read.

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:38 PM

i got a DB error when i tried to find who made a post about sunfan naming 2 partners as if it wasn't a guaranteed 3-wolf game, but i'm tempted to award that person a derp clear

Celirra 08-17-2018 09:38 PM

so like, i feel like I'm in a similar situation that I was when I played with manti those times, where I'm wolf read just for like... well, my tone and general style
that's with shyto and not sunfan but it's upsetting
and i think the actual upsetting thing is that if you guys do actually lynch me I'm gonna be totally ignored and forgotten again

so uh
long story short fuck off ya
hows this for tone

Xiz 08-17-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642638)
so uh
long story short fuck off ya
hows this for tone

i lol'd

Xiz 08-17-2018 09:39 PM

hey precarious i wont lynch you this phase if you change your profile picture to a dog wearing human clothing

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642406)
there's a lot of self-awareness in her play despite learning the ropes again

noted. this makes me have a worse opinion of syhto

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642422)
I know you're half-joking but qualitative measures are extremely useful in the social sciences

which is a better analogy to TWG than the natural sciences

lmfao qualitative data is wonderful y'all check out my thesis

.. actually please don't

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642424)
idk evolution makes sense in the TWG aspect

I can't keep college departments straight

l m f a o, yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642427)
fwiw no I don't actually plan on trying shrooms Cel

I know I'd enjoy drugs a lot but I get addicted to weak shit like caffeine and video games, drugs would be the death of me, Johnny Cash told me so earlier today

but I think I said I wanted to try coke at AN I have a vague memory of that

again none of this matters

shrooms isn't addictive iirc

they're expensive tho not worth getting addicted to man

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642445)
there's a lil + button next to the Quote button, and you can click that on all the posts you want to quote, then click Quote to toss them all into the reply box for you

also thanks for the Z count i'll be sure to compare that to the turbo

wait.. WHAT?

WHAT??

y'all don't have to know how i've been doing this all these years

Syhto 08-17-2018 09:42 PM

zzzzzzzzzz

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642633)
Save me fg who the wolves

idk im not done reading yet D:

Xiz 08-17-2018 09:46 PM

cel/prec w/w doesn't exist

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642644)
cel/prec w/w doesn't exist

why

is it a wolfchat read

Syhto 08-17-2018 09:50 PM

Self awareness is a good thing I thought. Hm

Well to be honest, I'm more inclined to think sunfan is a wolf based on the swagger he has been posting with, eh

but it would be a sweet personal victory and also one for town if cel were lynched and flipped red. and he seems to be getting pretty indignant about it, not sure how to take that. I'd probably be getting mad too

Celirra 08-17-2018 09:51 PM

to be honest go fuck yourself with your personal victory shit

Syhto 08-17-2018 09:52 PM

so much for this being the most friendly twg ever
i'm not tryin to be mean but look at it from my perspective, if you were red it would be boss

Xiz 08-17-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642645)
why

is it a wolfchat read

saying it out loud doesn't make it as strong as i thought but i still believe it, but pretty much.