Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149562)

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:09 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642540)
We talked about it earlier, and I know I said it like twice before that, but the way she +1s things without adding much else bothered me but idk anymore.

The way she came at me and cel gave me a little pause specifically because she said there's probably only one in us

pickin out sheepy stuff then

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4641907)
Ya I hated that post too even tho I didnt understand any of it

this is a response to a shitpost so uh, meh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4642212)
I gotta analyze the thread more when I get home

I'm getting a weird feeling from suntan tho
Town vibe from wc and gradiant
Celery and xiz seem kinda like wolf partners maybe at least one of thems
Then there is prob a wolf between anti-pearl and TPS/blind

idr you calling this sheepy, it does have a couple echoes from previously given reads though

also i see what cel meant now by calling my point on Noticing fg a stretch - it really is because i'm probably overvaluing the fact that a read existed instead of what the read actually was. fg seemed to be slipping off the thread mind so it's a way of bringing her back into the conversation, and that's where i got "importance to be right on"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4642405)
I like this read on suntan. It is similar to what I was suspecting when I made my short list saying he was giving me a weird feel

Also he was talking to me about a game where I was a wolf and had supposedly named the full wolf team d1 including myself and we all still won and endgame

and then he posted that wolfteam including himself lol

kinda funny

this post is after you voted but it's along the same +1 lines, sure. i think the scumread on cel looks really consistent in her posts though, + she's talking to you about that second point now i saw

ok, i see what you're thinking here. if i can poke you again, what did you think of her reactions to pressure earlier when she was posting from work?

also was the +1ing in that game driving mislynches? or just kinda there for the passing appearance of having thoughts?

Precarious 08-17-2018 09:10 PM

Sorry for my absence. I've been busy with a real life obligation that came out of nowhere. I'm not sure if I'll be available at EoD or not. I definitely won't be available tomorrow (Saturday), but thankfully that doesn't really matter. My availability on Sunday will likely be limited early on.

Quick reads:

FG--Null. Post volume is fine, content is basically nonexistent. Tone isn't the deliberately unhelpful belligerence that a lot of people adopt--it's more friendly I guess, which is consistent with my past perception of Funny. Not a lot to go off of here.

inD--Slight town lean. Respectable post volume + actual game-related content. Tone is consistent throughout--a touch of humor and aggression, but mostly general game talk. I actually had inD as solid town at first, then convinced myself that the whole thing was almost too even-keel. But I honestly can't find anything that really bothers me.

Cel--Moderate town lean. It's not that it's impossible to fake this sort of game, but there's always going to be an element of deception to a wolf game--that can manifest itself in trying to toe the line too neutrally, or in being super aggressive and hiding in plain sight, or in seeming helpful while really not saying much at all. Or a million other things. Celirra has been engaged and has provided a thought structure to their game, yet has also been sort of sarcastic without being belligerent. I feel like this is a hard line to walk as scum.

WC--Null, slight town lean. So last game, I was a wolf, and one of the people I sort of falsely wolf read was WC, because that sort of jokey, flippant, not-super-engaged playstyle is easy to target, and I tend to suspect it in general. WC is doing more of that--to a degree, but it feels like there's more content here than there was early for them last time. The occasional focus on Sun Fan and Cel feels sort of real--like it would be an unnecessary complication if WC was a wolf and was just recreating this playstyle. But the thing about meta is that people are better at recreating it than given credit for, and the more game-focused play here is almost slightly offputting to me. That's a good development game-wise, but it leaves me undecided as to the actual alignment of the slot.

Gradiant--Moderate town lean. I didn't like how their game started--it felt sort of falsely engaged, but that impression dissipated quickly. For all the discussion that's happened, there hasn't really been much in the way of pointed questions, and I feel like Gradiant has done a good job making posts that cut to the point. The thing is, an experienced player can simulate towniness well enough, but the game so far has felt sort of unfocused, and Gradiant's posts have been probing and relevant.

Backpack
--Town lean? The question mark is relevant because DBP's game feels like a departure from what I'm used to from them (not that I have a ton of experience with everyone, but whatever). It's tonally more aggressive than I would expect, and while I like the game-focus and the fact that DBP is pursuing things, it's more authoritative and less congenial than I would expect. The actual content itself is okay, and I wouldn't expect this type of play from a wolf-DBP. But it's weird nevertheless. It's also sort of a change from their very early game.

Xiz--Null, to slight wolf lean. So, in the last TWG, Xiz and I were both wolves. His game feels a little bit different here, which is a good sign I guess, but...he's doing a lot of the same things. And I suppose that could just be Xiz's style, and I definitely have a weakness where I associate non-game play with wolfiness, but...when people aren't doing game related things, and also aren't pressuring other people to talk, but are posting--it's dead space. It creates the impression of activity, and by avoiding game talk, it's harder to self-implicate. The thing is, Xiz's tone is a little different than last game, and I don't know if that's relevant.

Freezin (a.k.a Anti-Pearl)--True null. I'm suspicious of this slot, despite there being no content (which I don't blame the slot for) mostly because I don't see anything egregious from the other, active slots. But yeah, there's simply nothing to report on here.

Blind--Slight town lean. Low volume obviously, but that's not alignment indicative. The posts definitely are relevant but not necessarily useful--#482 is the most interesting. It's not hard to read wolfiness into something that discusses a scum perspective, but there was no obligation to do that, and it does apply currently (theorycraft is limited at this stage given the format).

TPS--Null. Obviously the post volume has been low, but what's there has been game-relevant and thoughtful, but not necessarily directly challenging. Sound like anyone you know? In any case, #463 definitely points to prior mafia/werewolf experience, and his posts include legitimate observations. I just feel like there should be more actual engagement given the...familiarity of his style. The fact that I'm not town-reading this slot gives me a bad feeling given TPS's tone, but I feel like a lot of that is due to the limited content, and I want to see more here.

Syhto--Slight wolf lean. And part of me thinks I'm reading them this way just because of that style of play. But more than that, the slot feels forced. I don't mind asking questions, but players who emphasize their newness tend to do so as a crutch, and it's a little alarming. The cutesy suntan nickname thing feels off to me as well; the whole persona feels too much like an effort to blend in with the rather casual-yet-sarcastic group tone these games tend to have. The funny thing is, I'd be inclined to town-read the slot based on the claims of unreadability, because its so needlessly WIFOMish that it invites attention I wouldn't expect a newish wolf to want. But that clashes with the later claims a bit.

Sun Fan
--Slight town lean. Gameplay itself is almost generically town-sided, but there's clear investment given the post volume + the actual content and pressure. The thing is, the mix of gameplay, interaction, and offtopic stuff is almost formulaic--Sun manages to talk about both this specific game and TWG in general without always trying to solve it. And the more I go over it, the less substantial it feels. But the tone is almost too assured for a wolf.

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:11 PM

holy hell how did i miss so many posts while doing that

wc gets an Existence Point for going and looking at the jtwg

Syhto 08-17-2018 09:12 PM

I agree inD

the sun fan 08-17-2018 09:12 PM

Alright I'm not lynching syhto after that stream of thought, not today at least

We had convinced me she's different enough

Syhto 08-17-2018 09:13 PM

+1

the sun fan 08-17-2018 09:14 PM

Wv* has convinced me

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 09:15 PM

oh god here we go

Syhto 08-17-2018 09:16 PM

I like how you said "I'm not lynching syhto" with such authority TSF

the sun fan 08-17-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4642597)
I like how you said "I'm not lynching syhto" with such authority TSF

Well yeah who do u think I am? Xiz??

Celirra 08-17-2018 09:17 PM

its actually jarring hearing mr mushrooms being called tsf

the sun fan 08-17-2018 09:17 PM

I'll get u later if u wolfin, friend

Xiz 08-17-2018 09:18 PM

oh come on I was the one who pushed for Sytho being town

Xiz 08-17-2018 09:19 PM

sunfan
unvote
sunfan
unvote
sunfan
unvote
sunfan
unvote

YoshL 08-17-2018 09:19 PM

Votes from post 5 to post 935
Night in 1:41:03

---

the sun fan 08-17-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642601)
oh come on I was the one who pushed for Sytho being town

But did u do it with authority?

the sun fan 08-17-2018 09:22 PM

Syhto if ur a wolf u padding my ego has been noted and I will maybe probably get around to addressing it

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:22 PM

feel like i know where i wanna go even less now

xiz who's a wolf and/or why is sunfan one

Syhto 08-17-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4642590)
The cutesy suntan nickname thing feels off to me as well; the whole persona feels too much like an effort to blend in with the rather casual-yet-sarcastic group tone these games tend to have.

I happen to have a very great, non-forced persona

the sun fan 08-17-2018 09:23 PM

Alright syhto/precinct prolly not w/w for that one