Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Wheres the line, promiscuity. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=107633)

Steve-OOO1 04-1-2009 03:06 PM

Wheres the line, promiscuity.

I'm not sure if i spelled that right. But anyhow, my question is how do you know where the line between being sexually active and being a slut is?

For me now i have been with alot of girls, but i have morals. I dont cheat and i dont lie. Whatever happenes between me and said women are between me and that person only.

Even though I am a good person, i still feel like im a slut at times.

Should i be feeling this way?

demonllama6124 04-1-2009 11:24 PM

Re: Wheres the line, permiscuity.

well in my opinion, it depends on if youre dating said girl and you just so happen to have sex or youre single and you wanna play hide the salami with every girl you lay eyes on.

Necros140606 04-2-2009 12:44 PM

Re: Wheres the line, promiscuity.

everything is just a matter of perception. such differences don't exist.

every other opinion is brainwashing

mellonxcollie 04-2-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

1. characterized by or involving indiscriminate mingling or association, esp. having sexual relations with a number of partners on a casual basis.
There is nothing specific whatsoever in the definition of "promiscuous". The specifics are completely based on personal beliefs and opinions.

As long as you feel comfortable with what you are doing, and treat all of your partners with respect, I don't believe you should feel any sort of remorse.

passivegirl 04-13-2009 10:53 AM

sooo interesting sig you got there. is your avatar in remembrance?

ontopic: even though you're a guy, IMO you shouldn't waste your body on someone unless you've been with them a verrrry long time and are truly passionate about them. it would also help if you planned on staying with them 'forever' and all that jazz.

if you do it with a chick that could care less about love or anything of the sort, then that's basically... lame and stupid, as well as *ultimatelyyyy* a waste of time. again, IMO.

you feeling like a "slut" at times isn't out of nowhere. almost seems like you've come here in hopes of random people on FFR praising you for mindlessly doing it with a number of girls so your ways can feel justified and the guilt will decrease.

cheers, and yes, atm laziness is preventing me from capitalizing the beginning of my sentences, while simultaneously causing my responses to be plagued by acronyms.

fido123 04-13-2009 01:50 PM

It depends what you make of sex IMO. I'm still a virgin, but I think if you save sex for when you are deeply in love with somebody it makes it that much better. Pretty much have sex to express affection rather than to satisfy an urge. Then some people enjoy have lots of sex with lots of people, it's all what you take it for. I don't think those people are sluts, what are the negative consequences of doing that if you do it properly?

qqwref 04-13-2009 03:03 PM

It's all in the perception really. Having sex with a lot of people only means being a slut if you think it's wrong. There's really nothing wrong with being promiscuous unless you are cheating on someone you should be spending your time with (a girlfriend or wife) - so unless you are doing immoral things like that, anyone who calls you a slut is just jealous.

darkshark 04-13-2009 05:29 PM

You all give answers that only work in a non-discriminatory perfect world. The world does not judge you like this "it's only your own perception" bull****. If you have sex with multiple people just because you feel like having sex with multiple people, you ARE a slut.
If you have sex with someone you've been dating for a while, who's gonna call you a slut? Nobody. If you have sex with the girl you just met because she bought you chicken nuggets at McDonald's, then you're probably a slut.

darkshark 04-13-2009 05:44 PM

The biggest concern would always be that "oops" factor where you end up with a random kid(s) and ruin your life because you aren't ready. Then you're stuck with some chick you don't even want to be with, you just wanted to do her.

"Sluts" are just looked down upon in society, and we all know it.
Don't gimme any of that "oh well you shouldn't care what other people think about you" crap either, because it affects you whether you want to admit it or not.

operationstrawbarry 04-13-2009 05:50 PM

I dont think any man would say no to sex though. I mean if hot girls wanted to do you right there, would you really say no? I know I wouldn't say no.

Slut or no, I think all men want sex. Does this thinking mean im a slut though?

darkshark 04-13-2009 05:55 PM

All men want sex, it's the self-control factor that stops us.
Most men also want to kill someone...it's all about the control.

darkshark 04-13-2009 06:07 PM

I'm not religious at all, and quite honestly it doesn't matter why they are looked down upon, the point is...they are.

What I'd like to ask Steve is, how many and how often?

Necros140606 04-13-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkshark (Post 3044648)
You all give answers that only work in a non-discriminatory perfect world. The world does not judge you like this "it's only your own perception" bull****. If you have sex with multiple people just because you feel like having sex with multiple people, you ARE a slut.
If you have sex with someone you've been dating for a while, who's gonna call you a slut? Nobody. If you have sex with the girl you just met because she bought you chicken nuggets at McDonald's, then you're probably a slut.

this is just the kind of response that creates long-term problems. it makes perfect sense with the societal context we are all in, but you can tell yourself that something's off in the common perception of things. if you just decide to abide by it without even questioning, we do indeeed have a problem. psychologists have been stressing for a long time how the sexual factor is crucial in the development of one's mentality. "we" come from millenniums of oscurantism and that's expected that a lot of time will be needed to readjust our situation. for this era, at least the young people should start to *at the very minimum* begin the analysis of the ethics inherited (from institutions, parents, other sources) and critically reconsider every single one of them. saying that either one or the other stance is wrong will never do any good to the development of humans, because it's based on opinions instead of observations.

darkshark 04-13-2009 06:13 PM

Nah, I call people sluts because I feel like calling people sluts.

Slut.

xD

But really now, if Steve answers my question and say he's had sex with 142 women in a month, what are your first thoughts?

lumphoboextreme 04-13-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkshark (Post 3044687)
Nah, I call people sluts because I feel like calling people sluts.

Slut.

xD

But really now, if Steve answers my question and say he's had sex with 142 women in a month, what are your first thoughts?

being a guy, he would generally get respect for it depending on the quality of the women