Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Turbo Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TWG Turbo XXIIIIIIII 10 AM/10 PM (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151516)

star-crossed 12-8-2019 05:57 PM

Re: TWG Turbo XXIIIIIIII 10 AM/10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703877)
Column A Column B.
It could be just bad if it weren't coming from a player of your calibre. Instead, it just looks like you're prodding Subaru for thoughts while also a slight pocket job.

What does pocketing have to do with anything?

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703880)
is it too early for the star town read to be real

In all honesty from what I've seen in the past (which is ironic(?) to what I'm gonna say now), Day 0 seems to be just meta reads from previous games. Star seems to be goin pretty ham though so I guess some things can come true in the future.

On that note, how do you iso posts again? I completely forgot.

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 06:05 PM

Wait scratch that, I remember now; prolly gonna get ninja'd tho so sorry for whoever answered

inDheart 12-8-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4703882)
In all honesty from what I've seen in the past (which is ironic(?) to what I'm gonna say now), Day 0 seems to be just meta reads from previous games. Star seems to be goin pretty ham though so I guess some things can come true in the future.

On that note, how do you iso posts again? I completely forgot.

what if i told you it wasn't a meta read on star?

though if there's a pocket job going on, i could be the victim of it for this

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703884)

OK next question: what's a pocket job

star-crossed 12-8-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

I get the impression I may not be understanding pocketing the same way you are. But the most plausible examples of pocketing to me so far are actually Charu toward sun fan and you toward me, in my opinion.

star-crossed 12-8-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4703885)
OK next question: what's a pocket job

I thought it was an attempt to butter somebody up.

TWGma 12-8-2019 06:30 PM

P much that. Pocketing someone basically means trying to get someone to townread you as a wolf. "Having someone in your pocket", etc.

And I don't really know what more you want other than I feel that was way too early to read into that Xel post (and I don't know what InD has to do with this), and you trying to poke at Subaru for it was some low-hanging fruit as - no offense Subaru - going after the weakest player, as a wolf, is a decent strategy if you're looking to build town cred.

the sun fan 12-8-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4703866)
That's right, talking about how impressive your wooloo is, because by gosh, WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU SEND IT OUT AS YOUR FIRST EVERY TIME!?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?

*fighting the ginormous Pokemon set to destroy Galar*
*leads Wooloo*
*Wooloo used Double Kick*

TWGma 12-8-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4703879)
I have never been a wolf in a game with you.

Also, false. I was in that Turbo you rolled wolf in (Turbo 26), but had to replace out due to my tooth having a root canal and swelling to the size of a chipmunk.

the sun fan 12-8-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703880)
is it too early for the star town read to be real

no I liked post #79 it was very vintage like listening to that one song that my mother played on CD when I was young and I was "helping" her run errands

TWGma 12-8-2019 06:33 PM

Should probably clarify that my face swelled up; not my tooth. That'd be terrifying.

Almost as terrifying as my WOOLOO

inDheart 12-8-2019 06:34 PM

yeah, that. maybe someone will come in and argue you can do it as town too to appeal to people you think who should read you particularly well, but there's a connotation with the word

& yeah if you asked me where potential pocketing is in this game, ignoring ones i could be involved in i'd def say charu/sunfan

the sun fan 12-8-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

pocket job

*snicker*

the sun fan 12-8-2019 06:35 PM

TWGma is not with Subaru because Subaru suggested a new avatar for them (without knowing who they were) and Trevor ignored it cuz he a bitch
#teamfg

star-crossed 12-8-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703888)
P much that. Pocketing someone basically means trying to get someone to townread you as a wolf. "Having someone in your pocket", etc.

And I don't really know what more you want other than I feel that was way too early to read into that Xel post (and I don't know what InD has to do with this), and you trying to poke at Subaru for it was some low-hanging fruit as - no offense Subaru - going after the weakest player, as a wolf, is a decent strategy if you're looking to build town cred.

While I appreciate that you are at least trying to make a read, you're making a ton of assumptions and throwing out a lot of buzz words and I'm not really buying it. How is asking for his thoughts on a post, early or not (though I object that it's early to ask people questions one-third of the way through the day) a "push" or "pocket job"? I don't know what InD has to with this either.

the sun fan 12-8-2019 06:36 PM

alright, I'm starting to be productive so ciao

star-crossed 12-8-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703893)
yeah, that. maybe someone will come in and argue you can do it as town too to appeal to people you think who should read you particularly well, but there's a connotation with the word

& yeah if you asked me where potential pocketing is in this game, ignoring ones i could be involved in i'd def say charu/sunfan

Quote:

Am not following. On what basis would you be a victim of my pocketing?

inDheart 12-8-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4703886)
I get the impression I may not be understanding pocketing the same way you are. But the most plausible examples of pocketing to me so far are actually Charu toward sun fan and you toward me, in my opinion.

also i'll just say it now because it's probably the one time in the game i'll get to use it

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4703879)
My goal of questioning Subaru really was just to see what he would say about something that was at least vaguely related to the game at hand, since talking about burgers endlessly is only so telling, and he had for whatever reason made the choice not to respond to what others had said. What I like from him is him expressing again that he will be able to post more, in the first post.

last postgame i complained about riot getting lynched for wanting to do things and make things happen as town, and this gave me the same kind of vibe, and i know you followed it. so the question becomes, do you genuinely want the game to move, or are you just trying to toss in that kind of awareness expecting me to look for it, which would be the pocketing. the former reading is winning though, going along with other things you've been doing

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 06:42 PM

Also when and why did Star become Hambo? Or whatever his name was