Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What are the best simfile packs released after 2010 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144247)

bboyflames 04-20-2016 11:38 AM

What are the best simfile packs released after 2010

I believe I managed to get all of the older packs from before 2010.

Can any of you recommend good packs released after that time?

Thanks!

SayoYasuda 04-20-2016 12:47 PM

Re: What are the best simfile packs released after 2010

ffr season packs

nothing else

blindreper1179 04-20-2016 12:57 PM

Bboy, what's up!!!!!!!

Nbjs packs, odi3

cedolad 04-20-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayoYasuda (Post 4424632)
ffr season packs

nothing else

Probably the worst ones named so far lol

Sup bboy!

choof 04-20-2016 01:04 PM

ffr season packs are hit or miss
nuclear blast packs are all the same charts over and over

I would recommend odi3 and untitled stepmania pack

leonid 04-20-2016 01:13 PM

piano minipack of elegance

kommisar 04-20-2016 01:38 PM

ffr seasons, light chancellors, odi3, (xoon 5 was 2009 iirc but that one def.), ffrcp4

Dynam0 04-20-2016 02:05 PM

ODI 3 hands down.
Nuclear blast and Yolo packs if you're into scoring-type stuff

I liked Xayphon's recent release too

TD_AIDS 04-20-2016 02:13 PM

people in this thread are making me feel some type of way

but yeah, ODI3

lofty rhino 04-20-2016 02:18 PM

All of the lofty packs, present and future

bboyflames 04-20-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4424635)
Bboy, what's up!!!!!!!

Nbjs packs, odi3

Hey dude! Not much these days. Just work, lifting and spending time with the girlfriend.

How about yourself? do you still play?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 4424636)

Sup bboy!

Not too much. See above =0p

How about yourself?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I already have ODI3 but I will check out some of the other suggestions.

PS. Sup Dynamo / kommisar

bboyflames 04-20-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TD_AIDS (Post 4424650)
people in this thread are making me feel some type of way

but yeah, ODI3

Hey man! yea.. already got that one. Thanks.

MarioNintendo 04-20-2016 03:05 PM

Is red fraction after 2010? That's a pack I like to play.

ALL THE ODI'S ROCK THEY'RE AWESOME get 'em
Also, vgmp4 is coming out soon

blindreper1179 04-20-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bboyflames (Post 4424652)
Hey dude! Not much these days. Just work, lifting and spending time with the girlfriend.

How about yourself? do you still play?

Very seldom. Im doing great, I see that's what happened to the music. =P nice to see you pop in.

Gundam-Dude 04-20-2016 04:36 PM

if you haven't already checked out my thread, here's a link to it (also in my forum signature)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 4424636)

wow no one is even remotely grateful that I compiled 5 ffr season packs in a row, not to mention all the other packs I've worked on. the point of the packs were to have certain files appeal to a wide variety of people—you're obviously not going to like every single file due to song choice, type of file, etc. because I purposely tried to take in all different kinds of files. that's precisely why my judging was fairly lax, because I wanted more opportunity for people to get files in, especially those that didn't normally step stuff or were too scared/reluctant to submit stuff. I was also trying to stray away from the previous elitism brought upon by the so-called chancellors or whatever the fuck you want to call them, because at that point every file had to follow a strict and formulated style of charting, leaning more towards being full on art bullshit files aka everyone tried to be kil or some shit.

I almost feel like we've taken a step backwards and have gone back down to the same path because nowadays the majority of pack releases are formulated around being stamina fragondorce dj shrapnel jump hand stream dump shit, save for the couple packs like Untitled SM Pack, Stepping Stones, ODI3, and others.

well in the end, I stopped doing the 4key "community" pack thing after realizing that no one was remotely grateful for the packs I was putting out. all wasted effort tbh

tl;dr waw no one plays my packs I'm being a whiny bitch ass *****

Superbearhands 04-20-2016 04:45 PM

boohoo

icontrolyourworld 04-20-2016 04:57 PM

Sorry gundam the ffr season packs were a great idea but not very appealing to me personally. A lot of people probably feel this way too.

There's no one stopping you or anyone else from making art fart files, or whatever type of file that can be made nowadays. It just so happens that a majority of people happen to like playing jumpstream bullshit now, and thus a lot of it is made. I would make more unique files, and I do every now and then but that's less appealing to myself.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling.

leonid 04-20-2016 05:13 PM

a majority of like what 10 people now

Reincarnate 04-20-2016 05:16 PM

Bboy out of nowhere

Every time I hear Daft Punk I think of your shuffling vids

Which old packs you got, by chance? I am curious if you have the (real) BMR pack and not the fake stuff currently being hosted everywhere.

Gundam-Dude 04-20-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 4424670)
Sorry gundam the ffr season packs were a great idea but not very appealing to me personally. A lot of people probably feel this way too.

There's no one stopping you or anyone else from making art fart files, or whatever type of file that can be made nowadays. It just so happens that a majority of people happen to like playing jumpstream bullshit now, and thus a lot of it is made. I would make more unique files, and I do every now and then but that's less appealing to myself.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling.

like I understand that difficult files are what keep the competition and self-improvement aspect of the game thriving—everyone strives to be better or to challenge themselves. but when you're at a point in time where practically 90% of the files being pumped out are all formulaic to being exclusively for difficulty, stamina, speed, w/e, it's become too over saturated. originality and variation don't even exist anymore when everyone is following the same exact formulaic style of charting.

when I update my list of major simfiles thread, I'm finding myself putting up more 4key difficult/dump packs than I am any other category, and everyone here should already know that I keep it as up-to-date as I can. I actually keep a vigilante eye on both the simfile and brag board forums just a fyi.

just my opinion though, I can't speak at all for anyone else here because guaranteed 99% of the active player demographic here on ffr will agree that non-dump / non-difficult packs are fucking boring and a waste of fucking time. all in all though, I shouldn't really be caring about this stuff to begin with, idk why I even bothered posting in the first place.

sorry if I derailed your thread bboy. do you still live in toronto btw