Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   y'all need some barney and friends in your lives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149371)

Funnygurl555 07-4-2018 09:53 AM

y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

hot take after browsing the forums. so much testosterone yikes

MinaciousGrace 07-4-2018 10:10 AM

Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

was seriously hoping this was a queenashy thread despite the telling y'all

ilikexd 07-4-2018 10:13 AM

Do you think there is a vocaloid version of this song

xXOpkillerXx 07-4-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 4626454)

This tbh

Funnygurl555 07-4-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 4626455)
Do you think there is a vocaloid version of this song

prolly

@opkiller quoting mina's posts means i still have to see them even though i have him on ignore. pls no

real talk people here are unnecessarily rude to queenashy + newbs in general i dont get why forum moderators sleep on this stuff argh didn't a ton of people become mods lately or something

i dont get why i still browse these forums. i should really stop. i used to look up to people on this site but now a lot of them piss me off due to this toxic af forum culture

Charu 07-4-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4626465)
i dont get why i still browse these forums. i should really stop. i used to look up to people on this site but now a lot of them piss me off due to this toxic af forum culture

I'm not toxic... right!?

I'm sorry if I am, I try not to be!

Funnygurl555 07-4-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4626471)
I'm not toxic... right!?

I'm sorry if I am, I try not to be!

you're not part of the problem. at least i think you're not. i think im always gonna have a bias in favor of twg peeps 'cause i really like you guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadcop2 (Post 4626474)
quoted for visibility :^)

if things like this aren't against the rules, then actually yikes. ima do the cool kid thing and not respond to mina because i'd still rather not.

@@@@forum moderators, up your game. thanks

SK8R43 07-4-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 4626454)

This haha

dadcop2 07-4-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4626480)
you're not part of the problem. at least i think you're not. i think im always gonna have a bias in favor of twg peeps 'cause i really like you guys

if things like this aren't against the rules, then actually yikes. ima do the cool kid thing and not respond to mina because i'd still rather not.

yes you are very cool and hip

xXOpkillerXx 07-4-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4626465)
prolly

@opkiller quoting mina's posts means i still have to see them even though i have him on ignore. pls no

real talk people here are unnecessarily rude to queenashy + newbs in general i dont get why forum moderators sleep on this stuff argh didn't a ton of people become mods lately or something

I believe you are exaggerating; there are a bunch of new players who are treated much more respectfully. Saying this has to do with only the fact that she's new seems quite silly to me tbh.

Celirra 07-4-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4626480)

I think I've heard mentioned that forum mods mostly only deal with posts if they're reported directly(?)

Funnygurl555 07-4-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4626487)
I believe you are exaggerating; there are a bunch of new players who are treated much more respectfully. Saying this has to do with only the fact that she's new seems quite silly to me tbh.

it would help me if you listed newbies who used the forums. i don't regularly frequent the forums, but when i do, i keep seeing a pattern of people trashing on newbies.

i don't think you guys start being rude to newbies right off the bat; it happens when the newb does something that goes against the norms on the forum. instead of politely guiding someone in the right direction, things get outta hand.

yeah there are people who are treated nicely here, but i think it's the people who lurk and spend most of their time playing the game. there isn't anything to pick at for those folks, you know?

(that being said, having an ffr discord in place of profile chat and automatically logging people into mp when they boot up ffr were really good ideas for attracting newbies, but this isn't the focus of the thread huh. i thought those were really cool. i'll stop)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4626488)
I think I've heard mentioned that forum mods mostly only deal with posts if they're reported directly(?)

oh ok. i don't care about this enough to report it, obv.

xXOpkillerXx 07-4-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4626489)
it would help me if you listed newbies who used the forums. i don't regularly frequent the forums, but when i do, i keep seeing a pattern of people trashing on newbies.

i don't think you guys start being rude to newbies right off the bat; it happens when the newb does something that goes against the norms on the forum. instead of politely guiding someone in the right direction, things get outta hand.

yeah there are people who are treated nicely here, but i think it's the people who lurk and spend most of their time playing the game. there isn't anything to pick at for those folks, you know?

(that being said, having an ffr discord in place of profile chat and automatically logging people into mp when they boot up ffr were really good ideas for attracting newbies, but this isn't the focus of the thread huh. i thought those were really cool. i'll stop)

oh ok. i don't care about this enough to report it, obv.

Oof tbh most of my interactions with new players are in MP, I'd have a hard time remembering the usernames sorry. Also, reason why you might see such a pattern is because when newbs get trashed it grabs attention, otherwise it's usually "hi, welcome" and other small talk for questions. When a new person comes here like they own the place, it gets quite annoying. QueenAshy posted in every Osu!mania thread she could find and her content was far from intellectual to say the least. While this may not be a problem to you, which is totally ok, it is one to me. Look, she was just told to not abuse to new thread button, and then she kept at it saying it's on other subforums so it's ok. That kind of behavior is just silly; asking a mod "does it apply to all the forum" would've been a way to do it, you know.

komochii 07-4-2018 12:12 PM

did anyone else remember as a kid singing a song about killing barney lol or was my childhood just fukd up xd

komochii 07-4-2018 12:14 PM

wow wtf this thread isnt even about barney

storn42 07-4-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komochii (Post 4626492)
did anyone else remember as a kid singing a song about killing barney lol or was my childhood just fukd up xd

I recall something similar when i was in like elementary school. don't remember pretty much anything but i feel like it was the kind of thing i heard back then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by komochii (Post 4626495)

thats when you make it about barney

Funnygurl555 07-4-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4626490)
Oof tbh most of my interactions with new players are in MP, I'd have a hard time remembering the usernames sorry. Also, reason why you might see such a pattern is because when newbs get trashed it grabs attention, otherwise it's usually "hi, welcome" and other small talk for questions. When a new person comes here like they own the place, it gets quite annoying. QueenAshy posted in every Osu!mania thread she could find and her content was far from intellectual to say the least. While this may not be a problem to you, which is totally ok, it is one to me. Look, she was just told to not abuse to new thread button, and then she kept at it saying it's on other subforums so it's ok. That kind of behavior is just silly; asking a mod "does it apply to all the forum" would've been a way to do it, you know.

Yeah okay that's fair. I agree that QueenAshy was doing and saying some things that are meh, and it totally makes sense that you're annoyed. I still think there's nicer ways to tell QueenAshy to quit it, though. Some people were doing that, and you were nice to QueenAshy at first yourself, but some people are just plain mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by komochii (Post 4626495)

i laughed irl when i read this

G.S.M 07-4-2018 12:23 PM

I don't know about you guys but after 20+ years using this series of tubes.... nothing new happening just people being people

same old same old

Celirra 07-4-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4626499)
Yeah okay that's fair. I agree that QueenAshy was doing and saying some things that are meh, and it totally makes sense that you're annoyed. I still think there's nicer ways to tell QueenAshy to quit it, though. Some people were doing that, and you were nice to QueenAshy at first yourself, but some people are just plain mean.

An issue I have with the "be nice to new players" mentality is that it can be largely hypocritical at times.

See:
Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4626493)
You should attain more gameplay experience before attempting to map

I think it's fair to say they've earned criticism and it's fair for people to dislike them at this point, and its unreasonable to always expect kindness when it's not reciprocated in an even manner.