Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149562)

who_cares973 08-17-2018 06:35 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642363)
xiz is town because he expressed ideas (specifically a mindmeld with cel I think) in a way that he do as a wolf

sounds confident right?

not as sure as I should be but I think he's town

That mindmeld felt super fake to me because he made it seem like it was the greatest thing in the world

who_cares973 08-17-2018 06:36 PM

Also he expressed himself in a way that he does a wolf so he's town for it?

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642366)
That mindmeld felt super fake to me because he made it seem like it was the greatest thing in the world

the man cares about what he cares about

who_cares973 08-17-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642368)
the man cares about what he cares about

Not his typical mindmeld type post imo

Celirra 08-17-2018 06:37 PM

in a dumb way i dont like how sunfan and xiz (i think it was xiz?) both have a read on me for the same bs reason

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642365)
ty for not telling me but i still think its fuckin dumb

this whole game is dumb
we lynch people for no good reason and sometimes our feelings get hurt
but we come back

and why?
because it kills time

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 06:41 PM

but also for the fun and the friendships you make along the way! C:

#captainoptimism

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642369)
Not his typical mindmeld type post imo

agree to disagree then

I was pretty wrong on him at first last game so u can be right here

Celirra 08-17-2018 06:41 PM

You know what else kills time?

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 06:42 PM

i'll be around for eod. i've been writing essays and i'm gonna haul my ass to the gym soon which is why im not... doing the thing where i post a lot

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:42 PM

hello

inDheart 08-17-2018 06:43 PM

i decided to write some words about people to see where i ended up and it was different than i expected tbh

5. Gradiant - is honestly the most inside my head, don't want lynched today for sure

11. Precarious - hasn't really played the game so all i have to go on is tone, which him not being wooden and deadly serious is lightly town indicative

9. blindreper1179 - light town? maybe? he doesn't seem to have the paranoia i attribute to his wolf game, from that one time he pushed into his partner sunfan as well as a town roundbox. don't care about him saying he wouldn't be around for the first half of d1 before-the-fact

1. Funnygurl555 - @funny there's a question for ya in here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4641495)
wait wtf xiz has 2 votes too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4641906)
xiz

cares about xiz votes, doesn't mind adding a joke vote?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4641910)
sunfan you better town read me this game

seems like wanted entitlement or something; those are bad words to describe that but you know what i mean

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4642252)
is syhto a wolf again

? expand please?

i guess not a whole lot to look into to give much of a lean. a lot of her posts come before i feel like the game shifted into serious mode. there almost seems like an aloof uncaringness to how people perceive her in the first two points here. probably the towny side of null

4. who_cares973 - at least don't think i would lynch today; real-time chat has been fine and he's been Doing Things; the places where he had friction don't feel great (e.g. talking about...cel/sunfan as a pair and interactions between them?) but don't feel particularly wolfy either, just rough more than anything, loose ends that i feel like he'd be tempted to trim as a wolf because i know he's able to think analytically in the wolf seat

12. Syhto - reads kinda scant, not very developed as mentioned, shows self-awareness of that though. final placement pending some fleshing out of thoughts as promised

3. Celirra - he does feel kinda samey to me but that's coming off a game that broke a streak of all town rolls. i'm just happy he did a thing before the end of time tbh but that's not much to go on. read i should shore up by poking at him

7. Xiz - kinda think him and cel are a package deal now which is why he's right next to cel. wants to shut down the talk between him and wc thinking it's unproductive which is like, mild glimmer of town not wanting to take over the thread with it? posting is fairly lol xd, and i'm biased but i think some of the details he's picking on aren't indicative of anything, but at least he's picking them out

8. Anti-Pearl FreezinIce - very null; he's also in the shading syhto bloc which is just rather easy and we're kinda waiting on him

10. Tps222 - didn't understand his comment to prec's d0/d1 thing, because like, you can just look at the opening of the game for that. might get the "didn't read the OP" read? didn't get why he thought sunfan was "calling [him] out" either, or why he thought i, specifically, had an issue with sunfan naming tps, because i had a rationalization for it. also saying you'll vote within us three feels...constrained; you can lynch anyone and you don't have to make up your mind so far out

6. DaBackpack - i have a complicated read on him where him coming at me and gradi and wanting to do this baiting thing instead of being straightforward about his reads there is pretty strange, and has elements of how i think he'd play a wolf game with arbitrary team members, but even so it's...daring. he does get easier to solve as d1 ramps up and i may not want to resolve him today on account of that alone, but having what i feel are eccentric reads for the game state is a decent way at appearing individualistic. i don't think doing so is him playing the game too far beyond d1 either; i have thoughts about generalities on how people would approach the game that i can expand on, and basically i think he fits those generalities and he'd think to have Spicy Reads as a way of appearing town

13. the sun fan - gimmick is a bit annoying; i touched a bit earlier on how it could be misdirection for reading into voting patterns if he's wolfing. also think usually by now he's able to do things with more confidence than he has, but his syhto read and the perhaps now-forming cel read could be examples of that - BUT the syhto read just doesn't feel good to me either. i think him trying to get by as a wolf on d0 usually involves setting up some kind of an insurmountable wall for his favorite mislynch, and syhto could be that here, and having thread support for the lynch is helping him out. saying she feels the same as the jtwg isn't great because the implication is for that read to change, she has to just feel different, and that's only really with a fresh example of her wolfing to contrast

i think the straightforward expectation would be someone rolling wolf twice in a row should feel at least a little different between the games - either not doing the same thing that just got you caught, or switching up what just worked so you're not falling into the same motions. i'm not seeing a depth of process here to suggest that same = bad, or specific things that are bad, or that where differences may exist, they don't matter

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642374)
You know what else kills time?

the new wow expansion?

inDheart 08-17-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642363)
xiz is town because he expressed ideas (specifically a mindmeld with cel I think) in a way that he do as a wolf

sounds confident right?

not as sure as I should be but I think he's town

he do do them as a wolf, eh

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642087)
I think it depends on different stuff though, in more closed setups I think discussing mechanics is more beneficial to have common ground on (eg. "Who should the vigi shoot?" or handling seer cover, etc)... of course this game I dont think it's super duper useful at least not yet. Might be needed next phase though

he was asking about D0/D1

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4642085)
Real again dbp.

FYPOV me not claiming detective should be always be NAI, since if I'm a wolf there is no incentive for me to say something that yields no reward for me, yet automatically paints me in a strange light

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642379)
he do do them as a wolf, eh

i'm trying to decide whether its on the fence or not
he don't do them as wolf but is this it?

I am the only person that thinks that the lead singer of Faith No More sounds like Spongebob

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642381)
FYPOV me not claiming detective should be always be NAI, since if I'm a wolf there is no incentive for me to say something that yields no reward for me, yet automatically paints me in a strange light

you spent your first year of TWG with a trust tell whenever Yoshl asked you if you were town

many steps have been taken since then

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642113)
oh alright cool. my point still stands then, don't be a xiz, back your shit up

just to give you some perspective while I catch up

indheart had a few posts where he would make claims and then add a "?" to the end as if he was hedging his bets in case he was wrong

it read like he was making weak commitments so in the case that he was wrong he could back off of them without pushback, while still -saying things- in order to claim he brought the ideas up in the case he was successful

I honestly don't remember what I had against you, I think it was a tone thing, I'll see if I can rederive it once I finish

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642383)
you spent your first year of TWG with a trust tell whenever Yoshl asked you if you were town

many steps have been taken since then

I don't understand what this means