Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

roundbox 05-22-2018 12:40 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
you're a big, big doodoo head sk taking advantage of our afk slot

Celirra 05-22-2018 06:09 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Ya pretty much what roundbox said

Is it too late for policy lynch on afk

Celirra 05-22-2018 06:10 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Jokes aside I can't bring myself to care a lot because this game is dumb to solve without a full picture, like I could see it being either way between roundbox and star but with olimar being a nothing it just throws a wrench in everything

Celirra 05-22-2018 06:13 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
It's taking a lot of what I have to not post an upset rant at olimar, cause like he's popped in sometimes acting like he's almost not in the wrong here and trying to save face

And like

What if the reasons I think he's not sk are just his dumbtell?

Maybe he's afk because he doesn't know how to play sk properly...?

Celirra 05-22-2018 06:14 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
The sk being an afk jerk would explain a lot of the lack of night kills too I think

Celirra 05-22-2018 06:15 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I think my brain is talking myself into olimar sk even though gut has said otherwise all game

Celirra 05-22-2018 06:17 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I guess part of what's nice about it being 4 and not 3 is we need that one extra person on board to make anything happen which is a bit of an added layer of security

Olimar12345 05-22-2018 08:50 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Wow they actually didn’t kill anyone. Well you’re right Celira, at least voting is in our favor. With just three alive it would only take one incorrect vote for them to insta-rush us.

Olimar12345 05-22-2018 08:51 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Also Celira: you never responded to my message last phase.

star-crossed 05-22-2018 09:57 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4618872)
What I meant was that if it was third party and a single human/wolf left, the opposite team would have already won.

So...Olimar was told before this that the SK wins when "everyone dies" meaning that there is only one other person left, but still seemed to be under the impression on D0 that they won when another team won, since he asked about this. (This idea sounds like the Survivor role in Town of Salem, which can have vests at least, so it is kind of understandable to me...but the Survivor does not get to kill anybody). Because no one on the page the quote is from actually answered this part of his question, I can actually buy that this did not get cleared up for him fully.

I think that if he was the third party and really was that confused about it, he may have just admitted it to everybody, because in his mind the mafia should be focusing on the town, while the town should be focusing on the mafia. So it could help him make it to the end if he was honest about it, if he really was confused. I also still think it would really be weird for him to not ask blind how he is supposed to win if he is SK, since my understanding is that the SK had to choose between two powers before the game started. That is what I would do, at least, if I was confused.

The problem is though, that he did not actually really do anything to try to hang mafia on Days 0 to 3, besides saying he agreed with my lean on rb as a mafia and wanted to vote him (on D1). Which basically fits with somebody who thinks they win regardless of whether mafia or town die. His other statements that were not in defense of himself or asking people to give him a summary, were related to saying everybody he knows best seemed like a town (on D0)...which could be how he really felt, but I think it would be beneficial to him especially as an sk to get on their good sides.

star-crossed 05-22-2018 10:47 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619487)
In other news correct me if I'm wrong here: the safe and smart play is for wolf team (but not sk) to kill the IC night 1, unless they were confident they could take out a PR. Given they went the riskier route and it may have worked (if their nk was on blocker and not the antivigi) leads me to think one of the two wolves left at least are good at pr hunting or know site meta well, or got lucky (ruling out the luck factor). In my mind the people who are strong enough who are in this game and also know the meta well enough and such, are inD, Raeko, Roundbox; I assume there's one wolf in those 3.

Huh. I'm wondering if it's possible that Gun was saved by Manti from the mafias on the first night, meaning that the SK shot Haku? Or if the mafias killed Haku, it could just be that they were worried about Manti saving him.

@roundbox I am unsure in the idea that Manti would be trying to use his power as more of a block, than as a save.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620149)
Unless there's some super weird stuff going on and the wolf and third party just so happened to hit the same person, I'm going to take a guess and say that this sets up Olimar as anti-town.

Something I was just thinking about, is that inD seemed like a good kill choice for Curry in particular. (inD started votes on Curry at the end of Day 1, even if he did not stick with it, and on Day 2 thought that antitown players were pushing on roundbox.). But obviously that isn't what he ended up doing, so I am wondering what he was trying to go for. It does make a certain amount of sense that Curry was pushing his theory about there being an inactive SK because most/all the kills he had seen were from mafia and from inD, though (indicating he killed Zoshi). Zoshi was read as a town by basically everybody, so whoever person(s) killed him probably did not think they could get him hanged. Zoshi mainly sused round and olimar. The only reason I can see Cel as an SK wanting to shoot him really, is Cel assuming the mafia may shoot inD, and wanting to kill the person who was most agreed as town besides that.

Celirra 05-22-2018 04:20 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4620717)
Also Celira: you never responded to my message last phase.

And you've hardly responded to anything all game

Feels bad doesn't it?

Celirra 05-22-2018 04:23 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
@star: I actually like your points a lot but I still see a lack of you actually taking hard stances on anything; narration and objectivity is useful as arguments, but your arguments aren't to push a belief you believe in it feels.

So who's your definitive sk pick as of currently? Or any hard stances on things, aka more than "x is possible, but maybe y because __"

Celirra 05-22-2018 04:26 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
About the n1 happenings, it's becoming to get to the point where there's too many possibilities which results in a wifom-like state of circular reasoning; I don't think we have enough info to say really, and I don't think speculating on it is really conducive because of the many unknown variables in play.

star-crossed 05-22-2018 04:36 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I was 2/3 of the way through a long post and when I went to preview it, it had logged me out so I lost all of it. I am very very annoyed.

The short(er) version of what I had written, is that because I feel so strongly that the mafia team did not block Cel from how Curry behaved toward Cel, I do not understand why there was no kill on N2 if Cel in particular is SK. Like, to me it makes more sense that Cel actually hit Curry's vest then, than him killing raeko (who had a couple of people saying that she was sus of being SK, specifically, and kept memeposting with Cel..?) or Gun (considering Cel specifically stated he feels it's the mafia team's job to take out the innocent child). But it does not really feel like Cel has known Curry was mafia for that long, from how Cel has talked about Curry...at least from what I remember. I should look over it again. I feel like Cel has played in such a way that Cel was a very unlikely nightkill for anybody, which is most useful as an SK.

Coincidentally or not, Hakulyte and Zoshi both happened to be the people other than ffa (and Curry) arguing most strongly that Olimar was an SK. So in the scenario where Olimar is SK, I think more kills that came from the SK are visible than it may actually seem.

I obviously have issues with round based on him repeating over and over at the end of Day 1 complaining about what he was going to have to do to save himself, rather than making something happen himself. That is to some degree characteristic of how he played Days 0-2. and yet, his behavior is basically the opposite at the end of Day 3, in which he has a 1/3 chance of dying because he wants to hang Cel over Curry (who is so sided against him, that Curry may still hang him another day). It would basically have to be that he was so self-conscious about looking like he for sure knew Curry was mafia, that he came up with this intensive theory about why Curry was town, and was willing to die for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620289)
if you're gonna vote me, just do it now and get it over with

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620360)
fuck off
if you're legitimately town here I hope you savour your loss because of your pretentiousness

I feel like the frustration coming from these, makes more sense from the perspective of somebody that is actually trying to figure things out, and is not just trying to win the argument.

Celirra 05-22-2018 05:02 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620736)
I feel like the frustration coming from these, makes more sense from the perspective of somebody that is actually trying to figure things out, and is not just trying to win the argument.

wouldnt an SK be legitimately trying to figure things out too though? this statement doesnt really mean anything to me at all at this point

star-crossed 05-22-2018 05:19 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620734)
@star: I actually like your points a lot but I still see a lack of you actually taking hard stances on anything; narration and objectivity is useful as arguments, but your arguments aren't to push a belief you believe in it feels.

So who's your definitive sk pick as of currently? Or any hard stances on things, aka more than "x is possible, but maybe y because __"

It would be disingenuous for me to take a hard stance when frankly I do not know how to find an SK in TWG. My brain, when it comes to this, is like a pot of noodley ideas on a rolling boil, and I am spooning the ones I can best put into words, out of the pot, and throwing them at the wall, to see what sticks and what needs to go back in. I apparently cannot even stop intrusive theorizing of why Zoshi was the only one that died, when I am being intimate. I don't especially feel hopeful that I'm going to figure it out (odds are not in favour), to the point that trying to figure it out basically brings me no enjoyment. It's just that the nature of this as a team game, even though I do not know who all is on my team or if dead people even care anymore, makes me feel accountable to keep rereading and theorizing anyway until time runs out and we hopefully stumbled onto something right.

My plan later on, in lieu of me catching onto something I really feel is more meaningful/having a stronger valuation of what I've thought about as +s and -s, is to randomize a number between 1 and 3 later to pick my vote and see how I feel about that number being the result. It is how

star-crossed 05-22-2018 05:25 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620737)
wouldnt an SK be legitimately trying to figure things out too though? this statement doesnt really mean anything to me at all at this point

Not in the same way I do not think. I will try to explain tomorrow

Celirra 05-22-2018 05:28 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620738)
It would be disingenuous for me to take a hard stance when frankly I do not know how to find an SK in TWG.

I can understand but you must also understand why it's valuable to town, if you are town, to have actual solidified opinions. 'cause to me all you're doing is making everyone except you seem towny

Celirra 05-22-2018 09:31 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
fun game

roundbox 05-22-2018 09:41 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I've been busy all day packing and cleaning for AN stuff, sorry

Olimar12345 05-22-2018 10:24 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620733)
And you've hardly responded to anything all game

Feels bad doesn't it?

Don’t be a bitch. Being afk =/= actively not replying. You avoiding my message that addresses your potentially “throw me under the bus” comment is starting to smell like 3P trying to set up my death for their gain.

Celirra 05-22-2018 10:52 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
So yeah here's me setting up olimar now:

I would consider it a common target for a scum/3p/etc to stick to solely one person for the game, and also another one to be solely reactive and impartial to anything that occurs. I think olimar is doing all of those things; the inconsistency really is that he was on star briefly last day phase and now suddenly shifts to me when he realizes that ship sailed. If you notice most of what he has said has been about either 3p or me, and almost always not about the game as a whole.

You can say I'm being a bitch all you want, but if you're town here I would say your inactivity and poor play made us lose what otherwise was a strong start to a game with how fast we got the wolves (despite losing our pr's)

Celirra 05-22-2018 10:54 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
You can use your afk'ness as an excuse all you want, just like how a truck driver can use his itchy toe as an excuse for running over a streetlight. The excuse is dumb and the streetlight is still dead regardless of the excuse.

Celirra 05-22-2018 11:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Oh look he poofed again

Celirra 05-22-2018 11:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Goodnight

Olimar12345 05-22-2018 11:36 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I think I’ll just no longer respond to you until you either quit being a whiny little bitch or you respond to my post. Whichever comes first.

roundbox 05-23-2018 12:23 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I wish I had the energy to play this

star-crossed 05-23-2018 05:38 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620360)
fuck off
if you're legitimately town here I hope you savour your loss because of your pretentiousness

Um......now that I think about this more, "your" loss implies it would not also be rb's loss. o_o

star-crossed 05-23-2018 05:49 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620740)
you must also understand why it's valuable to town, if you are town, to have actual solidified opinions

Yes, I think it would be great if I had solidified opinions.

It might make more sense for you to criticize me about it if you had given solidified ones yourself, though.

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:01 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Expressing intent to vote olimar

blindreper1179 05-23-2018 06:02 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I did not state it, phase ends tonight at 12 am server time.

star-crossed 05-23-2018 06:13 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
My list randomizer is saying that rb is the sk. I am unsure in his ideas about how the NKs have happened, and I feel they may have been to displace blame. I am concerned that his play at the end of the third day risking his life, was due to him hitting Curry's vest, or worrying that people would think Curry hit his (considering his reason for defending Curry, was mainly based on the idea rb himself did not have a vest). I also think he could have been a good choice for the mafia to block on N2 especially.

I may change my mind, but this is my starting point.

star-crossed 05-23-2018 06:16 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4620754)
Don’t be a bitch. Being afk =/= actively not replying. You avoiding my message that addresses your potentially “throw me under the bus” comment is starting to smell like 3P trying to set up my death for their gain.

I wrote a long message about you and you did not respond to it either. Would it get your attention better if I started cussing you out as well?

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:51 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Hey star is it safe to assume you won't be around for eod because of time zone differences?

I see where you're coming from but I think roundbox is a miss especially with light of recent developments

I'm off work at 4 server so if you can hang in till like 5 or 6 server at least I'd appreciate it so I can sway you to olimar

star-crossed 05-23-2018 08:25 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620775)
Hey star is it safe to assume you won't be around for eod because of time zone differences?

I see where you're coming from but I think roundbox is a miss especially with light of recent developments

I'm off work at 4 server so if you can hang in till like 5 or 6 server at least I'd appreciate it so I can sway you to olimar

Yes, I should be here until around 6PM server time. Possibly longer but not necessarily

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 08:54 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Eh, fuck it. If we lose it’s not going to be because I was too stubborn.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620755)
I would consider it a common target for a scum/3p/etc to stick to solely one person for the game, and also another one to be solely reactive and impartial to anything that occurs. I think olimar is doing all of those things; the inconsistency really is that he was on star briefly last day phase and now suddenly shifts to me when he realizes that ship sailed. If you notice most of what he has said has been about either 3p or me, and almost always not about the game as a whole.

You’ll need to elaborate here if you want me to respond to this adequately. Who, pray tell, is this one person I’ve stuck with this game? Because, literally being the person you’re saying did this, I cannot recall this event. As for being “reactive” and “impartial,” I assume you’re referring to instances when I was just physically not here, because as of late that is not the case. However, having a list containing more than two items does allow you to use the phrase “all of these things,” which makes things sound super bad.

As for the “inconsistency of star,” you have blown that completely out of proportion. The post in which you’re referring to was a tiny list of what I thought about three recent posts and was in no way a 3P-labeler. I also had no “shift” on you until this post, and you could have prevented it by clearing up the confusion about the post in question but instead used it as an opportunity to set up a target. I’m suspecting that I have been kept alive just for the purpose of this kill, thinking back to the day1 stuff.

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 09:10 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620722)
So...Olimar was told before this that the SK wins when "everyone dies" meaning that there is only one other person left, but still seemed to be under the impression on D0 that they won when another team won, since he asked about this. (This idea sounds like the Survivor role in Town of Salem, which can have vests at least, so it is kind of understandable to me...but the Survivor does not get to kill anybody). Because no one on the page the quote is from actually answered this part of his question, I can actually buy that this did not get cleared up for him fully.

I think that if he was the third party and really was that confused about it, he may have just admitted it to everybody, because in his mind the mafia should be focusing on the town, while the town should be focusing on the mafia. So it could help him make it to the end if he was honest about it, if he really was confused. I also still think it would really be weird for him to not ask blind how he is supposed to win if he is SK, since my understanding is that the SK had to choose between two powers before the game started. That is what I would do, at least, if I was confused.

The problem is though, that he did not actually really do anything to try to hang mafia on Days 0 to 3, besides saying he agreed with my lean on rb as a mafia and wanted to vote him (on D1). Which basically fits with somebody who thinks they win regardless of whether mafia or town die. His other statements that were not in defense of himself or asking people to give him a summary, were related to saying everybody he knows best seemed like a town (on D0)...which could be how he really felt, but I think it would be beneficial to him especially as an sk to get on their good sides.

Nowhere are the win conditions made clear by the host. Typically on NSM the host will put in the op “humans win when all wolves are dead. Wolves win... etc.” so I was left to assume that the game ends when the first victory is made. What’s different here (for me, at least) is that the human and wolf victory conditions include the death of the 3P.

You’re absolutely right about the question posting. As a 3P it would be really dumb to not just ask the host while talking to them about the role setup. I asked publically because I thought that would be able to answer it like in one post for me. Now look where we are =__=

Yeah, without going into too much irl details, it was hard to come home after long days and want to read 20 pages of a game. Trying not to play the excuse game but literally that’s all there is to it. I was just tired a lot :/ (school’s out for the summer though, so I am free now).

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 03:35 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Boy, am I really getting a taste of my own medicine here. Only difference here is that now is when it really matters since the game will end in 8-ish hours...

Anyone here?

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 03:36 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620763)
I wish I had the energy to play this

Really? It has to require much less effort to play now, since there are only four of us and the game ends soon... Can't push through?

star-crossed 05-23-2018 04:53 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4620793)
Boy, am I really getting a taste of my own medicine here. Only difference here is that now is when it really matters since the game will end in 8-ish hours...

Anyone here?

I mean...don't you have plenty to read back on, yourself?

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:05 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
holy fuck i deleted a huge post i made

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:05 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
sec lemme rewrite it to the best of my ability pls stick around star

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:21 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I've overthought this game about a few people, to the point of being wrong; I was convinced for a while Zoshi was wolf because he was too strong of a town to me, and I was convinced Curry was a town who simply made a few mistakes because I'm prone to misreading his type, and I was convinced Xel was a wolf because he's Xel. These are all bad arguments.

I think going off of a philosophy of who was saved/blocked/etc is also poor, because there's too many variables in play, and not all of them even lead anywhere conclusive. It's an easy way to convince yourself of a certain idea.

I'll entertain one theory, based on the three way kitb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4620380)
Curry-->round
Round-->celery
InD-->curry

If the logic goes that Curry was adamant about killing Round because they popped his vest, then that would imply it to be solid logic for Round to insist on me because he popped my vest; obviously given what we have now it's impossible for Round to have popped my vest, so I think this theory goes out the window.
An alternative route down this: I didn't vote, when voting could've saved me. I missed EoD. I stopped caring about this game because it became not worth it for me for a long time, with the shitty start due to Manti once again. Every phase really had something come up that made the game unenjoyable, and it's unfortunate that now it's becoming Olimar doing that, although to his credit to a much lesser degree (more on him later). I probably would've cared more if I was a role that had a faction's victory contingent on me voting correctly more consistently, and would've been more invested due to there being more to it than merely trying to solve with a whole chunk missing which only leads to shitty circumstance, and I could see Roundbox being the same. I kinda know him as someone who actually tries hard in games typically, outside of TWG particularly to my knowledge, so for him to be... apathetic is pretty abnormal. I guess because of all these similarities, I see himself and myself to be the same role. I doubt SK roundbox would give up a chance to win and leave it to a kitb if his victory relied solely on the three way coinflip.

In a similar vein, here's a story of my first time wolfing.
I was unfamiliar with the role, and nightchat was off at the start, so I was on my own to think of a gameplan. I had the idea of choosing a target out of the gate (in this game it was FreezinIce), and went all-in with trying to get him lynched. I tunneled solely on him, built up a case against him and him alone. I pretty much ignored everyone else, even if directly contacted. I resorted to anger and vitriol when anyone challenged my logic, because it seemed the easiest way to seem genuine about something I knew to be false, and the best way to get people to believe me I thought.

I think this sounds similar to Olimar this game.
He's clearly unfamiliar with the role based on his questions, and he's been quiet unless he felt he absolutely had to reply to something. He's also lately started to resort to anger with me and only me, though admittedly I've been hard on him relative to others still in the game.

anecdotal too, but in the one game I was SK here, I was apologetic for being late/inactive/etc for whatever reasons I had, which was convenient till I got shot by vigi on n1

There's a bit more to it than just meta though; frankly, I don't think I buy the dumbtell, particularly because he's cited back to it this game as if it's a definitive reason he's not 3p. That doesn't feel very towny to me, and feels like it was planned to be used as a reason to not be 3p. I think it would be hard to look that far ahead usually, but when the sole goal of the 3p is to not look like the 3p, then the motivation becomes not looking like the 3p, so it's not too outlandish for it to be the purpose so early.

I might be biased in thinking it's Olimar here due to his inactivity making the game not as... nice as it could've been at this point, and now that I'm also getting called a bitch for calling him out on it too, but hey. I think I have legitimate reason to doubt Roundbox being SK; I think I have seen enough out of Star to doubt her as SK; I think I see enough credence for Olimar to be SK. The overthinker says he's the easy way out, but overthinking has also fucked me a lot this game. I think the simple way might be the way for me to go now.

I'm hoping to hear thoughts on this

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:26 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I wrote that so much better the first time, ugh. And I think I forgot something this time but can't quite remember what it was; I think it had to do with star being towny

star-crossed 05-23-2018 05:50 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
If someone hit Curry's vest while Curry did not hit theirs, then it could be beneficial for that sk to get a town hanged when there are only six left, because that puts them at an advantage in terms of being able to kill Curry at night instead if needed, or just get him hanged. That combined with the hypothetical about vests, Curry, and roundbox, is sus to me.

What does make sense of your message to me, with roundbox, is I am just now remembering someone in an ootc game mentioning that roundbox cares more early on when he has a power role. Which may explain my feelings about his early on play, more than an SK afraid to be making enemies.

It is kind of hard for me to figure out a motivation for olimar's anger toward you, because I cannot relate to it (I would not talk to anyone that way).

I have been considering the fact that the 3 of us have probably had the most generous stances toward olimar of everyone in this game, while Haku & Curry/Zoshi were all vocally thinking Olimar is an SK. It is a weird coincidence, even with the mystery of all the missing kills.

I still think the lack of 3 kills night 2 makes the least sense for Cel as an SK so I do not see myself voting for him.

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:54 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I think I mechanically cleared roundbox with the play of him not voting to save himself, afk for EoD or not; either that or he played really poorly and I'm gonna bully him at AN in a couple days

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620803)
I have been considering the fact that the 3 of us have probably had the most generous stances toward olimar of everyone in this game, while Haku & Curry/Zoshi were all vocally thinking Olimar is an SK. It is a weird coincidence, even with the mystery of all the missing kills.

I didn't consider this honestly, but I also think it's a bit too...coincidental?... to have ground on it's own per se

you could argue that me and roundbox were kept up because we were up against each other for a bit at varying times, so neither are squeaky clean, and you could argue that Star had to stay up other than when she was first brought in due to the necessity of killing inD, or the town who was doing a lot of work (Zoshi), but there's also a chance that's me being too idealist to Star being left up

star-crossed 05-23-2018 05:57 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
His vote for you was at the literal last minute, so it was a very intentional kitb.

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
am I misremembering a lot of stuff or something with respect to roundbox

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:00 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
ok nevermind yeah my bad, but I think the mechanically clearing of roundbox can still stick

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:04 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
are you dead set on sticking with roundbox, star? it kinda puts me in an awkward spot considering it's looking like Olimar is gonna vote me, which forces me to go for who you think it's gonna be, unless roundbox will side with me against olimar

star-crossed 05-23-2018 06:07 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Unvote

Despite my gut feeling I am starting to agree that, given all the SK had to do to win at that point is basically to get two people hanged that are not them (if the mafia is included in that), even if he is self conscious about seemiing like he knows Curry was mafia or vice versa, a 1/3 chance of losing outright is not worth people maybe reading you more town for not saving yourself

star-crossed 05-23-2018 06:10 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620808)
are you dead set on sticking with roundbox, star? it kinda puts me in an awkward spot considering it's looking like Olimar is gonna vote me, which forces me to go for who you think it's gonna be, unless roundbox will side with me against olimar

I had not read this when I wrote my last message, for what it is worth.

I have no idea who olimar is going to vote. With his last comment I thought he may be gearing to vote for round

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:11 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Ohhh
I see what you meant kinda

Roundbox worrying that if he was gung ho for Curry, it was like he knew too much supporting that

I think its a bit of a stretch but not impossible, and explains the panic with trying to get InD on board with him, though I think if that was the case he would've not just waited until the very last second

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 06:13 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Brief defense post/response

Your wolf story is a flawed comparison because I am not pushing solely for you. You simply posted a weird/suspicious message that I asked you to clear up which you never did, then proceeded to look worse about it. Logically, I have to peruse this until a better option is made clear. I would have suspected anyone who acted like that. You would have done the same in my position.

Also, I only made mention of this “dumbtell” in my response to star’s post.

Lastly, just so it’s clear I call most people a bitch when they act like it; it doesn’t mean I’m particularly mad. No hard feelings, right?

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:13 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
just wanna make note olimar was here then poofed again

roundbox has been here a while too so I'm excited for a long boi post

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:13 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
nvm he didnt poof sorry

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 06:14 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Ack, ninja’d a lot. Brb reading more.

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:15 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4620812)
Lastly, just so it’s clear I call most people a bitch when they act like it; it doesn’t mean I’m particularly mad. No hard feelings, right?

I could've called you a fucking jackass for throwing the game for us if you are town by neglecting the game so much, but even if that is true I wouldn't call you that nor do I think you are one. Don't try to justify things after the fact as you have been doing solely, especially when your time could be better spent actually analyzing the game and providing thoughts on that, rather than just covering your ass

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 06:17 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Idk, I would have definitely called me a fucking jackass if I were you ;)

star-crossed 05-23-2018 06:19 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620811)
Ohhh
I see what you meant kinda

Roundbox worrying that if he was gung ho for Curry, it was like he knew too much supporting that

I think its a bit of a stretch but not impossible, and explains the panic with trying to get InD on board with him, though I think if that was the case he would've not just waited until the very last second

Yeah, that is basically what I was trying to say. Just because the theory of Curry being town seemed so sudden, and his reasoning for it relied on round himself not having a vest. However, I am not sure it is worth the risk really, because he as sk only needs one more lynch besides himself to win.

roundbox 05-23-2018 06:25 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
the problem with looking at my KITB vote is that I had a chance to swap onto curry and rice to vote him, instead of putting my own head into the guillotine. I made like what, 3 posts after I saw ind's vote? why the hell would I do that if I had a whole 3p game to lose? yes, I get this is wifom, but get real

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 06:27 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I mean tbh, who would do that? You’d be up for an insta next phase after a performance like that.

star-crossed 05-23-2018 06:29 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I feel like olimar is mainly poking and prodding only at things that have just happened recently. I am....not really convinced people will play that much differently, in this situation, no matter the role, because every individual loses when they get hanged, and there is not that good of reasoning against anybody. If it should be obvious to me who is the sk from today, it is not to me anyway.

star-crossed 05-23-2018 06:29 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4620820)
I mean tbh, who would do that? You’d be up for an insta next phase after a performance like that.

Sorry, what do you mean by this?

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 06:35 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
To clarify (for star):

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620819)
the problem with looking at my KITB vote is that I had a chance to swap onto curry and rice to vote him, instead of putting my own head into the guillotine. I made like what, 3 posts after I saw ind's vote? why the hell would I do that if I had a whole 3p game to lose? yes, I get this is wifom, but get real

If you had changed your vote in that minute you had left in order to avoid death, I would think that would be a huge consideration for the next phase’s lynch. Firing at the last second is already a shady thing to do.

star-crossed 05-23-2018 06:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4620820)
I mean tbh, who would do that? You’d be up for an insta next phase after a performance like that.

I...don't even know where to begin with this statement. I mean, I know you know that town would have been in a really dicey position if any town had been hanged yesterday, since that is a reason you gave to defend yourself.

I do not get at all why you are including these over the top italics when refuting a statement you have so little idea of the context about. It does not seem genuine to me.

Plus this is really easy for you to say when you haven't voted anybody for the entire game.

star-crossed 05-23-2018 07:31 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Olimar

Because the people that knew him best both said he was likely SK.

Because I think round had more reason to vote to save himself as an SK than as a town at the end of Day 3.

Because I do not get where the kill went on N2 in particular if Cel is SK.

Because I believe I spoke too soon in saying the conversations going on did not mean much for people's role, because I really sus olimar's line of thinking in #1343 and #1346. Him claiming to be feeling that strongly about how people have voted, does not fit with the fact that that is not something he has looked at at all in this game.

Because he barely gave leans until there were no more mafia left, and his manner of giving them lately to me does not really fit with his claim on D0 that he doesn't know where to start with giving them on people he does not know.

Because I will not pass out this time without having a vote placed.

Celirra 05-23-2018 07:44 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Can I know where roundbox and olimar are at?

Celirra 05-23-2018 07:44 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Don't vote though just bold or say it

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 07:54 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620825)
I...don't even know where to begin with this statement. I mean, I know you know that town would have been in a really dicey position if any town had been hanged yesterday, since that is a reason you gave to defend yourself.

I do not get at all why you are including these over the top italics when refuting a statement you have so little idea of the context about. It does not seem genuine to me.

Plus this is really easy for you to say when you haven't voted anybody for the entire game.

Ffs he said he thought curry was misguided town. Who would turn around and vote off someone they thought was town like that? What would have happened if he had flipped green? I am capable of reading believe it or not.

Comments are in bold:
Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620828)
Olimar

Because the people that knew him best both said he was likely SK.
This point is invalid because 1 Noc is bad and 2 both Noc and curry were wolves. I shouldn’t have to spell it out for you that wolves want humans to kill humans.
Because I think round had more reason to vote to save himself as an SK than as a town at the end of Day 3.
I addressed this above.
Because I do not get where the kill went on N2 in particular if Cel is SK.
And his is my doing...how? Ignoring inactivity (from all parties) it’s entirely plausible that a shield was hit or a target was doubled. Knowing where the kill went doesn’t help us anyway.
Because I believe I spoke too soon in saying the conversations going on did not mean much for people's role, because I really sus olimar's line of thinking in #1343 and #1346. Him claiming to be feeling that strongly about how people have voted, does not fit with the fact that that is not something he has looked at at all in this game.
Again, see above.
Because he barely gave leans until there were no more mafia left, and his manner of giving them lately to me does not really fit with his claim on D0 that he doesn't know where to start with giving them on people he does not know.
Um for starters there are no wolves left, so leans will be thin. The difference between d0 and now is huge, big points being that here are a lot less players left, there have been more posts, votes, etc. made to read, the list goes on.
Because I will not pass out this time without having a vote placed.
Debatable.

I’m still thinking about he possibility of Celira. Round, care to weigh in on my post about them?

Celirra 05-23-2018 08:01 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I'm still waiting for the fruits of olimar's supposed reading of the thread

star-crossed 05-23-2018 08:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
You are ignoring so much other contezt. Curry had voted round HOURS before anybody else voted. It is also not really a surprise from inD's overall reads on the game (from D2 onward) that he ended up voting for Curry as the most likely mafia, with two minutes left. The only unusual aspect of the situation really, was that neither Cel nor I voted. But round had spent a large portion of the day arguing that Curry was the most likely mafia, so turning around and arguing Curry was a town, was actually harmful to rb's short-term survival.

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 08:04 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I guess we have to since your “fruits” of reading the thread is about to cost us the game.

star-crossed 05-23-2018 08:10 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I do not really get what kind of gobshite you think I am, with your point by point responses. It is very tilting. Of course some of the theories in that post are not "your doing" directly. But part of why I am voting you, is by process of elimination.

I also already addressed why I think each scenario of the missing N2 kill does not make much sense for me with Cel as an SK in another post, or seems less likely relative to what others may have done. But I think I am more willing to consider being wrong on that, than being wrong on round at this point. After many hours of thought, I am fairly set on olimar as more sus than round. If you have more of a case to make I would certainly listen.

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 08:14 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Eh I’ve lost interest. Kill me if you want, idgaf anymore.

star-crossed 05-23-2018 08:15 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
It is also worth noting that the SK is an enemy of the mafia team as well, and I do not think they have much reason to lie about who they sus as being SK in the majority of cases. It is an avenue for them to actually figure things out in an honest way. It is basically by this logic that I decided olimar was not likely to be on ffa's mafia team.

star-crossed 05-23-2018 08:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4620839)
Eh I’ve lost interest. Kill me if you want, idgaf anymore.

Is this an admission that you are sk?

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 08:21 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620841)
Is this an admission that you are sk?

No, it’s a “fuck you” do the dense-ass human team.

roundbox 05-23-2018 08:23 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I was preparing dinner
I'm willing to remove all suspicions I have from celery based off of his more recent post and just the fact that he missed last eod, lmao


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution