Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Dragons Fury Welcome Back Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114609)

8 Hour Whore 11-6-2010 07:14 PM

Re: Dragons Fury Welcome Back Tournament

Oh my! Hajnal!? I'm very happy and hopefully I'll be able to play it! =]]

Evnoir 11-6-2010 07:51 PM

To people in D3:
Before I go on with anything, I'm sure everyone in the same division is pissed off at me for getting scores that shouldn't be in D3.
I apologize from the bottom of my heart.
At the start of the tourney, I was getting 60+ goods on VC's because I haven't touched any rhythm games while it was down.
Otter's Dance was probably one of my worst 9's going in, getting around 50+ goods no matter how many times I played it.
So I decided to go into D3 instead of D4.
From there, I played around 500+ games of FFR to gradually get my skill back up, but still not to my usual skill level.
Now I am at the point where I am past my previous skill level and starting to get the hang of FFR again.
I know this is going no where, but please believe me when I say this.
I was D3 material at the start of the tournament.
Sorry.
Sorry to all of the people disappointed in D3, saying they don't have a chance because of me.
If people still truly feel that I should not be in D3, then I leave it up to Dragon Fury and the contestants of D3 to eliminate me.

tl;dr: I'm sorry people of D3.

Findarian 11-6-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evnoir (Post 3337060)
To people in D3:
Before I go on with anything, I'm sure everyone in the same division is pissed off at me for getting scores that shouldn't be in D3.
I apologize from the bottom of my heart.
At the start of the tourney, I was getting 60+ goods on VC's because I haven't touched any rhythm games while it was down.
Otter's Dance was probably one of my worst 9's going in, getting around 50+ goods no matter how many times I played it.
So I decided to go into D3 instead of D4.
From there, I played around 500+ games of FFR to gradually get my skill back up, but still not to my usual skill level.
Now I am at the point where I am past my previous skill level and starting to get the hang of FFR again.
I know this is going no where, but please believe me when I say this.
I was D3 material at the start of the tournament.
Sorry.
Sorry to all of the people disappointed in D3, saying they don't have a chance because of me.
If people still truly feel that I should not be in D3, then I leave it up to Dragon Fury and the contestants of D3 to eliminate me.

What were you in before FFR went down?

xXDeltaXx 11-6-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evnoir (Post 3337060)
To people in D3:
(Edited due to length ^.^)

Theres no reason for people to be mad at you...At the time of placements you were where you were suppose to be; skill gains/drops happen. Every year in the official tourney the last couple rounds show who gains skill the fastest. The top in D1/D2 will have the same skill as if D2, 3, or 4 by the end of the tourney.

Basically what im saying is that placements can never been exact throught the whole tourney but that doesnt mean they arent right

Evnoir 11-6-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Findarian (Post 3337063)
What were you in before FFR went down?

D3.
I'm referring to the 5th official and the latest tourney I was in before FFR went down: [TeRa]'s Pa Tournament (Which I was in the same division as ic0)

Shikari 11-6-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evnoir (Post 3337068)
D3.
I'm referring to the 5th official and the latest tourney I was in before FFR went down: [TeRa]'s Pa Tournament (Which I was in the same division as ic0)

Totally same here. I was in the same division as Ic0, I even played against him in a tournament finale.

Elite Ninja 11-6-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXDeltaXx (Post 3337066)
Theres no reason for people to be mad at you...At the time of placements you were where you were suppose to be; skill gains/drops happen. Every year in the official tourney the last couple rounds show who gains skill the fastest. The top in D1/D2 will have the same skill as if D2, 3, or 4 by the end of the tourney.

Basically what im saying is that placements can never been exact throught the whole tourney but that doesnt mean they arent right

And then there are people who get moved up a division anyways.

Silver_Brian 11-6-2010 08:08 PM

And then there's people like me who never improve.

xXDeltaXx 11-6-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver_Brian (Post 3337085)

arent you in D4 out of 5 Ds?

MrMagic5239 11-6-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver_Brian (Post 3337085)

I remember when you knocked sprite out of my tournament on EHHS..... lol

OneHandNow 11-6-2010 08:25 PM

Evnoir, I just looked at your level ranks - you're D3 material lol.

Plan_Bsk81127 11-6-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 3337082)

You are still whining about that, god damn give it up already. >_>

psychoangel691 11-6-2010 08:55 PM

What all of you keep failing to realize is this is a 7 DIVISION TOURNAMENT. Normal placements of a D5 tournament don't apply here. You can't look at someones ranks and be like oh yea you're D3 material when you aren't looking at every single person in that division. We didn't just go ok this person has these scores they're D whatever we went okay these scores are close to this person who's close to this person, etc. Then we went through everyone's replays and went through weekly stats on songs to try to get a feel of people who got skill increases or drops. Had I been playing my full potential I would have put my self in D4 no problem and you go look at my stats and tell me I'm D4 in any way. It's not the same and I'm tired of everyone sitting here like oh yea you're this you're that I shouldn't be here blah blah blah. The structure changed because there's 2 extra divisions. And was completely screwed up anyways despite how hard we tried because people fought and argued with us about their placements. There are people that are getting completely crushed in some divisions that never said a word even when I told people if they wanted to move down to message me. Elite ninja frankly your constant complaining got you no where. I'm just frustrated as hell because I never even stood a chance. Evnoir AAAd the 1st 3 rounds with no effort at all. Continued to dominate the 2 rounds after that then pulls an awesome score on an 11 that's decently hard within a few minutes of the round being up (Had these scores come out near the end of the round and much whoring I wouldn't be bothered by it so much). Ic0 I know pretty well and I know he wasn't playing nearly his best when this started and it just shocked the hell out of me to see an SDG on hajnal now after how much of a struggle the rest of the rounds were.

Elite Ninja 11-6-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3337114)
What all of you keep failing to realize is this is a 7 DIVISION TOURNAMENT. Normal placements of a D5 tournament don't apply here. You can't look at someones ranks and be like oh yea you're D3 material when you aren't looking at every single person in that division. We didn't just go ok this person has these scores they're D whatever we went okay these scores are close to this person who's close to this person, etc. Then we went through everyone's replays and went through weekly stats on songs to try to get a feel of people who got skill increases or drops. Had I been playing my full potential I would have put my self in D4 no problem and you go look at my stats and tell me I'm D4 in any way. It's not the same and I'm tired of everyone sitting here like oh yea you're this you're that I shouldn't be here blah blah blah. The structure changed because there's 2 extra divisions. And was completely screwed up anyways despite how hard we tried because people fought and argued with us about their placements. There are people that are getting completely crushed in some divisions that never said a word even when I told people if they wanted to move down to message me. Elite ninja frankly your constant complaining got you no where. I'm just frustrated as hell because I never even stood a chance. Evnoir AAAd the 1st 3 rounds with no effort at all. Continued to dominate the 2 rounds after that then pulls an awesome score on an 11 that's decently hard within a few minutes of the round being up. Ic0 I know pretty well and I know he wasn't playing nearly his best when this started and it just shocked the hell out of me to see an SDG on hajnal now after how much of a struggle the rest of the rounds were.

Sorry but I guess I just want to know if we started this thing all over again would I still be in D5. I just want to know if people really think I am D5. I am fine with playing against D5 but I am not fine with people thinking that I am as good or even close to being at their skill level.

psychoangel691 11-6-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 3337116)
Sorry but I guess I just want to know if we started this thing all over again would I still be in D5. I just want to know if people really think I am D5. I am fine with playing against D5 but I am not fine with people thinking that I am as good or even close to being at their skill level.

We said several times if anyone had an issue with placement to message us to talk about it. You never did all you did was complain each round only to end up pulling better and better scores by the end of the round anyways. You may not be wrecking D5 but you aren't getting completely wrecked either. I feel like **** about all the people that just got completely crushed because even though we tried our damndest placements were still not great. Altho it really doesn't help that the site was down so long and some people got skill back almost immed.

TC_Halogen 11-6-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 3337082)

you're one step away from not getting your prize. Had you disclosed who you were right at the start of the tournament and not tried to play off who you were, there wouldn't have been problems. Your reaction to the movement was even more reason to the move, since you flipped out like a little child, cussing words left and right. Stop acting like we're at fault when you were the one who didn't disclose who you were at the start, unlike a few other people here.

@ everyone else: if you think Evnoir is D3 material in 7 divisions, he's not. I knew well before the tournament that Evnoir was an ex D3 player out of FIVE divisions, and I, as well as Kayla were contemplating putting him at D4 to start - I stalked the living hell out of him, watching as many plays I could and trying to catch anything different, nothing had changed, and there were no major improvements. He just managed to luck out and get himself back to how he was, which is what I was afraid of. Others were able to get themselves back to where they belonged fairly quickly and that's why they were shuffled around like crazy (a few of you know who you are). Nobody has any say as to where someone will belong within the tournament unless they are a tournament host - if you make a suggestion, we'd more than likely follow it or at least check up on it.

I'm frustrated enough that people continue to complain about this tournament when you're being offered an INSANE amount of credits within the prize pool (the biggest EVER by almost 1.5 million credits), and it just goes to show that no matter how hard you try to satisfy everyone, there's always a few people who go out and ruin it for the tournament hosts. I can see exactly why Sprite- doesn't want to host another official tournament - no one can seem to keep their head on straight and play.

We didn't have to go out of our way to plan this tournament and put in as many credits as we did - let it be known that I threw in nearly 95% of my credits into this pot in hopes that everyone would be excited to play and get back into it. Obviously, things never change.

OneHandNow 11-6-2010 09:07 PM

Noooooo AJ :( This is a crazyhuge tournament! Main reason I come on FFR nowadays is to play in this tournament :( :(

TC_Halogen 11-6-2010 09:09 PM

And I thank those who are actually playing for the fun of it. I really do - you guys are what make it worthwhile to host the tournaments. There's always the few people who cause problems for the events, though.

To be perfectly honest, Kayla does more of the work when it comes to the tournaments than I do. People should be apologizing/commending her. I pick songs and typically help with placements.

psychoangel691 11-6-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHandNow (Post 3337122)
Noooooo AJ :( This is a crazyhuge tournament! Main reason I come on FFR nowadays is to play in this tournament :( :(

AJ and I have hosted so many tournaments and it just gets so tiring to deal with the constant complaints and bs that goes on in them. We wanted to do a huge one for the return so we did but otherwise I think it's about time for a break for both of us. We've done a lot FFR related especially while the site was down. I'm like 24 weeks pregnant now I personally need a break from all the stress.

Elite Ninja 11-6-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikari (Post 3336597)
Get to work, guys:

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3337117)
you are getting completely wrecked.