Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   nier automata (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149266)

choof 06-19-2018 10:46 PM

nier automata

yo this game absolutely fucking rules in literally every category possible (except maybe side quests but the story and extra dialogue definitely makes up for it)
play it
I've put 70 hours into it and have beaten it on hard, I'm thinking about trying for very hard but I'm gonna wait a few months to play it again so the story has more impact
I'm pretty picky about soundtracks but the soundtrack is so good and is used so well in the game that a lot of the more slow, sad tracks work really well outside of the context of the game

Mahou 06-20-2018 12:33 AM

Re: nier automata

My roommate is number one in us for speed running the game.

Mahou 06-20-2018 12:34 AM

Looks like a cool game though from what I’ve seen

choof 06-20-2018 12:55 AM

yeah it's really great, I'd place it 2nd favorite game of all time probably
I enjoyed it so much I actually looked for the live performance stuff just so I could hear more of the story

AutotelicBrown 06-20-2018 02:18 AM

I really like the game but I don't think its combat mechanics are worth the trouble of going for a very hard playthrough. Would rather play on hard again after some time (which I might do as I didn't get through dlc content).

You should probably check the first Nier as well if you enjoy the story & ost. I actually stepped Kainé/salvation, the cute piano song that on automata appears at the end of emil's memories side quest.

choof 06-20-2018 10:32 AM

don't think I have a ps3 atm, but I do plan on picking one up
I charted an emil related song as well, an ametsub remix of emil's sacrifice. forgot which pack it's in tho. I'm thinking of charting some of hacking tracks, and I'm also i n the process of moving parts of the piano arrange album to tape for some loop shenanigans

XelNya 06-20-2018 12:00 PM

I love Nier, it was a super fun play through, I need to do the others :/

icontrolyourworld 07-29-2018 02:43 PM

I just got done playing through this endings abcd and e, I loved it!

pokelda 08-20-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4624382)
don't think I have a ps3 atm, but I do plan on picking one up
I charted an emil related song as well, an ametsub remix of emil's sacrifice. forgot which pack it's in tho. I'm thinking of charting some of hacking tracks, and I'm also i n the process of moving parts of the piano arrange album to tape for some loop shenanigans

Ty for making me aware of ametsub's rendition of our favorite boy's op

Bobini 08-21-2018 09:48 PM

Mediocre combat, weird story (I didn't like the final ending at all, it wasn't good) and a few decent characters. At least it looks good + exploring the world is very fun.

choof 08-22-2018 01:46 AM

which final ending though, was it b or e

pokelda 08-23-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobini (Post 4643936)
(I didn't like the final ending at all, it wasn't good)

wat

Bobini 08-23-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4644146)
which final ending though, was it b or e

E. The whole last part of the game felt unorganized, the characters behaved weirdly (especially 9S) and the huge tower felt out of place. It didn't suit the game imo.

choof 08-23-2018 06:53 PM

I suppose you could say that 9S acted weirdly if you strip away nearly all of the context surrounding the events of the second half of the game
I will admit tho, initially when I beat it the first time I blew through it as quickly as possible and skipped nearly every side-quest. during my second playthrough on hard where I went for 100% though a lot of things started to connect and finally make sense.

ending e gave me real feels for real I don't understand how you could say it was "not good" especially if you compare it to the endings you need to complete first

Bobini 08-23-2018 09:31 PM

Sidequests were one of the best parts of the game, I had a lot of fun completing them. I only accidentally skipped like 2, before ending A. After that, I always made sure to have completed all sidequests available before continuing with the story.

choof 08-24-2018 10:20 AM

if you played all side quests and assuming you found most of the explorative stuff then idk bub
at least you gave it an honest shot

Celebelian 09-30-2018 09:55 AM

Great game, played through it once. Heard multiple playthroughs is worth it but playing as 9S is boring as hell, guess this game will be on the backburner forever for me.

icontrolyourworld 10-18-2020 03:16 AM

Just had to bump this thread with a gorgeous statue that is coming from Prime 1 Studio

choof 11-20-2020 09:41 AM

I would still 100% recommend this to literally anyone