Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Buyable ingame credits. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=124163)

richyrich55 06-2-2012 09:37 AM

Buyable ingame credits.

Instead of begging for 10,000 credits after accidentally spending them on Holy Orders, I'm suggesting you do something to make getting large amounts of credits for purchasable songs much easier. I just lost a years worth of work, probably more than a years worth. Whenever FFR first went down, that's when I lost hope and didn't play much and thus my credit count remained virtually the same- under 20,000 and my skill dropped dramatically. Now it is under 5,000, and I am dying to play the old secret songs on the new engine. Could you guys pleeease implement something to make getting credits easier? If this is a re-suggestion just delete the topic but god damn, something has to be done my good Admins and you know this. I don't have the physical ability to whore the game for 24 hours like some people, and so I can't enjoy certain parts of it which is saddening when you used to have almost every secret song.

Good day.

TheSaxRunner05 06-2-2012 09:49 AM

Re: Buyable ingame credits.

I would recommend playing in some tournaments, play in enough of them and you'll earn a nice pocketful. Most tournaments have rounds lasting 3 or 4 days, so you don't have to play every day to be in them.

richyrich55 06-2-2012 09:54 AM

I am not nearly accurate enough for that. I just got back to low double digit goods on most songs from being over a hundred in most about half a year ago. I suppose that would be a last resort for me, I could be good if I truly tried my hardest.

MrMagic5239 06-2-2012 10:58 AM

credit jackpot is there

justin_ator 06-2-2012 11:08 AM

oh god the irony of the second meaning your username could have had
Aside from a credits-earned-after-game cap raise or purchasable credits (with real money), what other things do you suggest? There's the credit jackpot, but that's kinda dead and doesn't gain many credits. Go post in game threads, you get like 50 credits per post in there (don't postwhore). The gambling hall is a big if statement one way or another, and you could lose far more than you gain.

If you really want something done, come up with some ideas

Choofers 06-2-2012 11:26 AM

i don't feel like working for my credits so i'll buy them instead

TheSaxRunner05 06-2-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richyrich55 (Post 3702459)
I am not nearly accurate enough for that. I just got back to low double digit goods on most songs from being over a hundred in most about half a year ago. I suppose that would be a last resort for me, I could be good if I truly tried my hardest.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of inactives in tournys right now. The upside to that is it's easier to get credits. In soco's tourny I couldn't beat anyone in D3, but there are enough inactives I'll probably get credits just for sticking it through.

qqwref 06-2-2012 11:58 AM

15,000 creds is "a year's worth of work"?

EDIT: Worked it out, playing EHHS for about 3 hours straight should get you about 5000 credits. I get the patience and free time argument but honestly that kind of time commitment is not really a huge deal. Playing hard songs for half an hour a day would get you like 5000 creds every week.

supermousie 06-2-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3702523)
15,000 creds is "a year's worth of work"?

Yes.

tofurox 06-2-2012 12:28 PM

richyrich55 I just sent you a present :)

justin_ator 06-2-2012 12:28 PM

pr0tip, learn to combo

UserNameGoesHere 06-2-2012 12:31 PM

I do think credits go disproportionately towards those who mastered harder stuff. So we must ask, are credits supposed to be from skill or from effort? If it's supposed to reward effort then the system should be changed -- perhaps reward some larger amount of base credits per easier chart completed, rewarding smaller base credits the harder the chart goes, but with a no caps limit on the harder stuff?

Also there could be other games where you could earn credits as well but last time I suggested that, no one seemed to like that idea.

qqwref 06-2-2012 12:44 PM

Nah, credits are definitely supposed to be for effort. The secret/purchased songs are intended as a reward for people who have played a lot, not as a gimmie for top players (that is why the skill tokens are there).

Jerry DB 06-2-2012 01:20 PM

I remember when you could pay for credits with paypal, hard to do but still kind of cool.

richyrich55 06-2-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 (Post 3702491)
credit jackpot is there

Useless in every sense of the word.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3702497)
oh god the irony of the second meaning your username could have had
Aside from a credits-earned-after-game cap raise or purchasable credits (with real money), what other things do you suggest? There's the credit jackpot, but that's kinda dead and doesn't gain many credits. Go post in game threads, you get like 50 credits per post in there (don't postwhore). The gambling hall is a big if statement one way or another, and you could lose far more than you gain.

I would hope they would be buyable with facebook credits or paypal at the least, "offers" (including surveys and whatnot), credit cards, etc would probably be pushing things. The jackpot, is, as I stated, useless. A lottery is a lottery. I did not know there were threads in which you could get credits, so thank you for informing me of them. And hahaha, the gambling hall can suck my penis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3702509)
i don't feel like working for my credits so i'll buy them instead

I've been playing for almost 8 years. My skill is up to par, but I have physical limitations these days, or should I say these years.. that prevent me from whoring the game or whoring a specific song just for credits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 3702515)
Unfortunately, there are a lot of inactives in tournys right now. The upside to that is it's easier to get credits. In soco's tourny I couldn't beat anyone in D3, but there are enough inactives I'll probably get credits just for sticking it through.

I may join a tourney in a few weeks, I want to practice some more. I like your idea though, it makes sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3702534)
pr0tip, learn to combo

Protip: don't be a douchebag because you're better than someone. I combo better than I attack perfects. I'm not a pretentious *sshole either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3702543)
Nah, credits are definitely supposed to be for effort. The secret/purchased songs are intended as a reward for people who have played a lot, not as a gimmie for top players (that is why the skill tokens are there).

I joined before you. I've also played the game religiously since the beginning, I used to be able to FC 11's left right and center before the site went down, now I'll be lucky to full combo a 10 with a low good count. This isn`t a f*cking gimmie gimmie situation, it`s a make-credits-easier-to-f*cking-get situation.

justin_ator 06-2-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richyrich55 (Post 3702570)
Protip: don't be a douchebag because you're better than someone. I combo better than I attack perfects. I'm not a pretentious *sshole either.

lmao learn to take a joke -___-
ps credits from songs are based off of score, so if you can FC songs with even mediocre PA, you'll get more credits than missing in the middle. I was simply joking about that fact. Why you took it as me trying to say I'm better than you, idk. Calm yo tits bro

supermousie 06-2-2012 01:36 PM

I think

someone's mad. :3

p.s. you should totally say thanks for dem creds from tofurox.

tofurox 06-2-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermousie (Post 3702577)
I think

someone's mad. :3

p.s. you should totally say thanks for dem creds from tofurox.

Haha yeah, I was wondering about that.

One Winged Angel 06-2-2012 01:52 PM

I'm genuinely upset with the fact that out of every active FFR user, richyrich55 is the one that lives closest to me

qqwref 06-2-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Bitch, shut the f*ck up. I joined before you.

And I have three times the grandtotal you do. Your point?

Quote:

This isn`t a f*cking gimmie gimmie situation, it`s a make-credits-easier-to-f*cking-get situation.

They ARE easier to get. The credit cap used to be 40 and is now quite a bit higher (60? not sure). Credits are supposed to reward people who play the game a lot, and if you're not willing or able to do that I don't know why you even want them in the first place.