Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   [BW Contest] I'll Skin You Alive! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=119598)

justin_ator 07-24-2011 11:06 PM

Re: [BW Contest] I'll Skin You Alive!

I figured as much. Take your time.

BojoTheClown 07-25-2011 02:00 PM

Can you send me an email to bojodesigns@yahoo.com with a complete list of songs sorted by category. I need this to finalize my skins for BlackWebb... thx

yo man im awesome 07-25-2011 02:13 PM

First of all welcome to the Forums, enjoy your stay! :)

Second, I don't believe you need to worry about the song list, for the most part. I'm not sure. I think it's safe to say though, you probably won't need the song list. Just sort of make the area where the names will go, and maybe just dump a few random words in there to see what it looks like.

!!!! 07-25-2011 09:18 PM

Here is some arrow designs I'm playing around with lmk if there is any improvements that can be made XD

Note the quality is cut down quite a bit :P

yo man im awesome 07-25-2011 09:26 PM

Wow. Those are really pretty O.O

!!!! 07-27-2011 05:49 PM

This is just a rough copy so far I'm playing with. Let me know what you think stuff that needs fixed ect.

Also can my skin be diff from the layout on the swf or does the buttons have to be in the areas i put them that matches the current skin.

YoshL 07-27-2011 07:50 PM

taking longer than expected....once again, how long do we have to submit?

Zageron 07-27-2011 07:53 PM

The skin can be completely unique!

!!!! 07-27-2011 11:23 PM

Awesome!! Looks like I have some work to do :P

ninjaKIWI 07-28-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3509263)
lol id hand draw a theme

You need to do this.

I like it 07-28-2011 02:31 AM

I decided to take a long time out of my oh so busy life and make fantastic high quality arrows. Now seeing as this took 4 hours+, I don't know if I'll have the time to finish the skin. I have added a preview of the different colored notes. Please click the picture to see the full sized image.

YoshL 07-28-2011 06:21 PM

about halfway done with mine. i actually really want to do a hand drawn one.

yo man im awesome 07-28-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3511438)
taking longer than expected....once again, how long do we have to submit?

You have an extensive amount of time. The final deadline is very late August. You shouldn't have a problem finishing in time. I can't wait to see it!

YoshL 07-28-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3511963)
You have an extensive amount of time. The final deadline is very late August. You shouldn't have a problem finishing in time. I can't wait to see it!

am i allowed to post screenshots, or should they stay private?

yo man im awesome 07-28-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3511968)
am i allowed to post screenshots, or should they stay private?

You would do better to keep them off the forum, but you can PM some SS to me, I'll see what I like/don't like (unofficially, of course XD).

EDIT: Also, YOSHl, how ironic is it that I'm against you in Middie's Tourney? XD

EDIT2: I'm hand-drawing a design, and I hope someone who's great at computer designing will take mine and computerize it.

(The FFR symbol should a mirror image on the other side of DaNcE, and when you click one genre change arrow on one side, they both move.

(The pulse thing would be moving when placed in game.

(Not great quality, from my camera, and I'm not that great an artist :p)

yo man im awesome 07-28-2011 07:54 PM

Apologies for the double post, Zagy will understand XD

{IMPORTANT}

We are going to be having a "First Wave" Deadline coming up next Tuesday, in which we'll take what we have at the moment and judge them.

**THIS IS NOT THE FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE, IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR YOU TO MEET THIS ONE, DON'T RUSH YOURSELF.**

We have around 6 or 7 submissions at the moment, and we'd like to judge these and get done with them now, to avoid having an overload of skins to judge at once.

Remember, the Final Deadline is very late August, so take as much time as you need.

justin_ator 07-30-2011 06:51 PM

More of an update. FYI, I'm back if you couldn't tell. I'm going to add in the few other submissions I have received, and Tuesday will go about distributing them to the judges that have been chosen at random, if that is what you guys were planning.

Also guys, we'd prefer if final or near final submissions weren't displayed on the forums, since they will be privately judged then released to the public to judge.

Zageron 07-30-2011 06:55 PM

Sounds good. Can't wait.

justin_ator 07-30-2011 06:59 PM

Zageron, if you don't mind could you give me more info on that PM you sent?

justin_ator 08-2-2011 12:17 PM

Double post because I need the bump;

All submissions thus far (Wave 1) have been sent to their respective judges. If you guys have any questions, let me know.

ALL SCORING RESULTS ARE DUE BACK IN ONE WEEK.
That means I need them back by next Tuesday. This will allow some time for improvement for people before we collect and send the second wave.

Submitters, keep an eye on this thread for breakdowns of scoring and notes on your submissions.