Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Songs and Artist Permissions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Permissions List and Information v8 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=140821)

Elekton 07-6-2018 04:22 AM

Re: Permissions List and Information v8

right above the part you circled

James May 07-6-2018 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley (Post 4619717)
4Lung permissions get! (Blanket Permission)

I'm subbed to 4Lung's bandcamp so talk to me when you wanna chart a song.

Oh hey neat get. Need to actually get in touch with another label so I can step 4Lung's remix of that one Yunomi song and a few others for here >3>

Ghost_Medley 07-6-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley (Post 4619717)
4Lung permissions get! (Blanket Permission)

I'm subbed to 4Lung's bandcamp so talk to me when you wanna chart a song.

Update: For very serious reasons, I am no longer the audio provider of 4Lung's music for FFR. Until I can get a response from PrawnSkunk on the situation, I am going to give a general warning to avoid promoting 4Lung and her material for the safety of younger audiences on the website.

Bumping this ahead of James May's post because it's very important to understand.

DDRBaller123 10-3-2018 11:23 PM

VGR

2EdgedVictory 10-23-2018 07:56 PM

Kara Comparetto's permission to use her album Final Fantasy at the Piano:

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-7-2018 11:54 AM

I made a thread like 5 years ago where i wanted help with the Treasure Trove Cove song i was stepping, and in that thread i posted the permissions i got from e-mailing Grant Kirkhope and Rare. So we should have permission for Rare's songs or at least the Banjo kazooie/Banjo Tooie songs, but no one ever posted the permission in the permission thread. Here's the thread:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=131106

The attachments don't work anymore since attachments aren't allowed anymore, but i still have the e-mails.

https://imgur.com/a/OLKSeEh (scroll down the for second e-mail)

Do we have blanket permission to add all Rare songs to FFR?

gold stinger 11-7-2018 12:17 PM

Gruntilda's Final Battle by Grant Kirkhope stepped by Charu is already in-game.

I am unsure if there's a physical screenshot laying around for the permission anymore or if anyone archived the permissions?

But it does seem that there was enough approval from the initial thread to get a song related to the permissions to get a song in-game.

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-7-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4655643)
Gruntilda's Final Battle by Grant Kirkhope stepped by Charu is already in-game.

I am unsure if there's a physical screenshot laying around for the permission anymore or if anyone archived the permissions?

But it does seem that there was enough approval from the initial thread to get a song related to the permissions to get a song in-game.

but the permission isn't in this thread at least as far as i know

gold stinger 11-7-2018 12:28 PM

Gonna read Game Content Usage Rules legal-E's and get back to ya <3

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-7-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4655646)
Gonna read Game Content Usage Rules legal-E's and get back to ya <3

okay, thank you very much :)

gold stinger 11-7-2018 12:40 PM

Okay, so.

Considering that Rare contacted you back saying it is ok as long as you follow the Game Content Usage Rules, Based upon latest rendition from January 2015, this is a valid blanket permission for any and all Rare-associated game soundtracks and music owned by Microsoft, granted that FlashFlashRevolution stays non-profit. FFR may still accept donations, and generate income based on assets associated with FFR as long as it's not directly making the money off of the publicity of said song or artist. Since FFR is active in a way where there is more than 2000+ songs that drives its reputation, this shouldn't be an issue.

If for some reason there is ever a separate, approved downloadable version of the game that shy's away from the website and requires downloading the music separately along with the Game Content before playing the game (again, should not be an issue because the downloadable version of FFR has to connect to FFR to load music data) then this disclaimer must be included in the README for any songs regarding ownership via Microsoft:

"[Name of the Microsoft Game] © Microsoft Corporation. [The title of your Item] was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from [Name of the Microsoft Game], and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft."

Outside of that, The legal perspective (but not quote for quote verbatim) is that "Microsoft grants a personal, non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable, non-transferable, revocable, limited license to use and display Game Content and to create derivative works based upon Microsoft-related and owned Game Content, strictly for personal or noncommercial use.

TL;DR this is blanket permission for Rare-related music owned by Microsoft. According to Usage Rules, there is blanket permission for Halo 3 soundtrack as well.
For anything else outside of that, contact the associated developers of the game first. If they tell you that it's all good as long as you follow the Game Content Usage Rules located on xbox.com, then that constitutes blanket permission for their associated works. If you cannot reach the associated developers of the game for some reason, then it falls under the legal perspective (but not quote for quote verbatim) listed above. If the associated developers respond and say no, then it's rejected.

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-7-2018 12:53 PM

yay :D thank you very much :) noname219, please add the blanket permission for all Rare songs and for Halo 3 :)

Charu 11-7-2018 01:10 PM

As far as I was aware, I recall it was Grant Kirkhope specifically that stated we could use anything he had made within any game he composed in.

I'm unsure about the Rare statement, but hey, if worse comes to worse, we'll just say "oops" and nothing will be lost.

Not that many tracks in Halo 3 I'd imagine would be stepable to be honest with y'all.

qrrbrbirbel 11-7-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4655654)
As far as I was aware, I recall it was Grant Kirkhope specifically that stated we could use anything he had made within any game he composed in.

I'm unsure about the Rare statement, but hey, if worse comes to worse, we'll just say "oops" and nothing will be lost.

Not that many tracks in Halo 3 I'd imagine would be stepable to be honest with y'all.

Luv ur friends should be pretty fun.

And we could always use more easy songs for the nubs and scrubs ^_^

rayword45 11-7-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley (Post 4626867)
Bumping this ahead of James May's post because it's very important to understand.

so... what's rules for this? because we still have renard files coming out do we not (not that I'd complain about losing 4lung or renard lol)

Gradiant 11-7-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4655685)
because we still have renard files coming out do we not

we have permission for them, so yes

rayword45 11-7-2018 07:16 PM

Did 4Lung retract their permission? I didnt see anything indicating that and IMO not allowing their music in for moral reasons would be bizarre given the aforementioned Renard

Gradiant 11-7-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4655689)
Did 4Lung retract their permission? I didnt see anything indicating that and IMO not allowing their music in for moral reasons would be bizarre given the aforementioned Renard

ghost medley said nothing about a permission revoke, just that they wouldn't provide the music anymore. And if there's no permission revoke, then we still have permission. Them revoking permission would have nothing to do with lapfox music unless they also revoke permission.

devonin 11-8-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4655692)
ghost medley said nothing about a permission revoke, just that they wouldn't provide the music anymore. And if there's no permission revoke, then we still have permission. Them revoking permission would have nothing to do with lapfox music unless they also revoke permission.

From some basic googling/research it looks like 4Lung is involved in some kinks that have led some to conclude she may be a danger to children, and then there are some secondhand reports of her making advances to teenaged minors.

rayword45 11-8-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4655749)
From some basic googling/research it looks like 4Lung is involved in some kinks that have led some to conclude she may be a danger to children, and then there are some secondhand reports of her making advances to teenaged minors.

you know about the renard sleepgrope shit right? perhaps not as egregious but