Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=95498)

OldSchoolMusic 07-4-2008 01:32 AM

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Wow, lol when I first heard of this a couple of months ago, I thought my friend was just playing a trick/lying to me before I found out that this really exists. o.o

Is this going to be a real sequel to Armageddon, or just a spin off? Since it's DC, will there be fatalities, 'cause I doubt DC will let Superman punch someones heard right off? Do you like this idea/concept?

Personally I kind of like the idea, since I think it's unique and I can't wait to see Scorpion vs. Flash. =D What are your thoughts on this game?

who_cares973 07-4-2008 02:04 AM

Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

ive seen a thread about this game somewhere on here....

demonllama6124 07-4-2008 02:20 AM

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...=mortal+kombat

rzr 07-4-2008 04:16 AM

Mortal Kombat is probably the only game I've liked through all its changes and what it's become. Pokemon sucked after season 2/Gold&Silver. Dragon Ball Z sucked after season 3/Budakai 2. Mortal Kombat's just awesome. I look forward to it. I still play Mortal Kombat II for GameBoy Pocket.

TheRapingDragon 07-4-2008 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 2308362)
Mortal Kombat is probably the only game I've liked through all its changes and what it's become ... Mortal Kombat's just awesome.

Have to disagree here. MK has not been great since MK3. All the PS2 games have been horrible.

Can't say I'm looking forward to this either, but I'm not a huge fan of fighting games anyway.

Raveren 07-4-2008 06:48 AM

My expectation: Suckage.

Part of the beauty of MK was the brutality and the gore of the games. The DC characters are are a turn off from the gore.

rzr 07-4-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon (Post 2308370)
Have to disagree here. MK has not been great since MK3. All the PS2 games have been horrible.

Can't say I'm looking forward to this either, but I'm not a huge fan of fighting games anyway.

I think Shaolin Monks is good. I'm not a fan of fighting games much either, though. Mostly shooting and flash games.

nuclearsamurai 07-4-2008 09:29 PM

I have an awesome idea for the best fight. Johnny Cage vs. The Flash. I say Johnny wins.

cyrx900 07-4-2008 09:45 PM

I miss the 2-D version of Mortal Kombat ;_;

reptile3141 07-4-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrx900 (Post 2310226)
I miss the 2-D version of Mortal Kombat ;_;

I miss the cool ninja version of Reptile. They need to stop literally trying to make him look like a lizard. ;_;

syzergy 07-4-2008 09:53 PM

I think it's supposed to be rated T.

nuclearsamurai 07-5-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reptile3141 (Post 2310233)
I miss the cool ninja version of Reptile. They need to stop literally trying to make him look like a lizard. ;_;

Ninja Reptile was the shizz. I always used him in the old MK games.

super kid 07-5-2008 02:38 PM

I don't think I will like this game. Marvel Vs. Capcom two is probably a way better game.

Zolo_0 07-5-2008 08:17 PM

Hmm, I've never seen a V.S. D.C. game before... I got to see how this plays out....

Whoring Flash and Braniac :p

TheRapingDragon 07-6-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raveren (Post 2308420)
The DC characters are are a turn off from the gore.

Not if you get to uppercut them into ravines that lead to spikes, before falling down and goring them repeatedly in the stomach while they lie writhing in pain on the spike that penetrated their legs and arms. Before throwing acid over their face then ripping off their skull and eating it.

That would be ok.

Telvanni_guard 07-6-2008 04:20 PM

DC doesn't exactically want their character's image harmed in that way. There will be blood, bruises, and ripped clothing (faceplates in the case of Scorpion and Sub-Zero) but don't expect to brutally kill them.

nuclearsamurai 07-7-2008 12:27 AM

Isn't that 73% of the fun in MK?

OldSchoolMusic 07-7-2008 05:24 AM

Yeah, according to that Game Trailers episode they showed recently, Boon stated that all the MK characters and the DC villians will have some kind of finishing move, while the DC heroes will have like super moves, or "brutalities".

Besides that, I'm curious to see all the characters they include. MK at the moment has basically confirmed: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya and Shang Tsung. While DC has: Batman, Superman, The Flash and Catwoman.

nuclearsamurai 07-7-2008 04:04 PM

DC villains and fatalities? Awesome.

Though it'd be kinda cool to watch Superman punch a person's head off as a fatality.

And Shang will just own.

travman301 07-7-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuclearsamurai (Post 2316950)
DC villains and fatalities? Awesome.

Though it'd be kinda cool to watch Superman punch a person's head off as a fatality.

And Shang will just own.

There aren't going to be any fatalities in this game... =/