Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

Charu 11-9-2016 05:16 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4491922)
o ya aa?

Yeah, you got somethin' to share, BUCKO~!?

roundbox 11-9-2016 05:19 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491924)
Yeah, you got somethin' to share, BUCKO~!?

xelnya

yeah, I do

Charu 11-9-2016 05:21 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Oh shieeeeeeet

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 05:27 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4491922)
o ya aa?

yeah

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 05:27 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491923)
We should have someone in this game attempt to angelshoot due to seeing a PM and working out the list of recipients as wolf/town.

and then fake claim cop and say because there are no CCs in a closed setup that they're definitely legit

definitely

Charu 11-9-2016 05:29 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
That guy will be regarded as a hero to all of TWG.

ShadoWolfe 11-9-2016 06:08 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
He'll be the hero-est hero of all time! The jubilant festivals that follow will be reminiscent of the days of old!

There will be pies and cakes and celebrations and drinks galore!

gold stinger 11-9-2016 06:12 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4491791)
I saw a few "substantial" developments in the works among reading and glancing but they aren't really my place to say much in. Of course, there's things I don't like and things I do like, but do I need to state such right now?

I was going to comment on Zenith's drop in the bucket, but AA and Charu already did that for me, and they summed up what I thought pretty nicely.

Shit. I think we might actually have a town Charu this game fuck. I really like his non-shitposts, particularly his dfr emotional read which I agree with + that the AA/FreezinIce argument dropped instantly. I was really hoping that I could lynch a Charu :( I also agree with Charu's post where he says town should vote for whoever they think they should go for which in case for me it's FreezinIce because I think his reasons for putting his vote up on people are shit and I think his reasons for pulling the vote down from people are shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491799)
dfr do you have any scumreads out of the actives?

I know I aint dfr but it's already Wednesday. Aside from storn and Zenith saying the most darnedest things, I'm not really seeing any major scumreads right now for this day besides FreezinIce shrugging me the wrong way the worst with their latest vote + their previous andy vote. the unvote makes me feel a bit better, but like, someone had to state that just to get them to remove it, and the convo afterwards got dropped awkwardly, since the bolded text AA provided could go either way imo. That, and it just doesn't sit right with me that he could be town just because he removes a vote since someone had to talk to them to get them to remove it. I would have liked it a lot more if he could contest it, but instead it just feels like attributing to shitvoting with no real purpose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4491814)
So you're saying merciless shit posting killed your interest in the game? Really? That's all it takes?

Fucking weakling

It apparently doesn't take much to kill people's interest in the game. YoshL even said himself in this game that some of the stupidity from others is what drives him to quit (or something along the lines of that correct me if I am wrong, cannot be bothered to look it up until after this post if someone wants it). I experienced it first-hand my last game where everyone just, gave up d1 and then wolves won n1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4491885)
K I'm going to step back because I'm going to be annoyed if I die the same way I did last time. I will guarantee that I will effort to scumhunt before eod and stop sniping people cause fun as that is its almost pointless in the sense of the game.

Meeting you more than halfway here, what else do you want?

How about making an actual quality post on what you actually think about other people's arguments that they've made, saying what you like/dislike, and then make a vote based off of that? Because so far your own standards & gut reasons are lack-luster to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491912)
from FreezinIce: because I'm going to be annoyed if I die the same way I did last time.

also bold in particular makes me think freezin could be town, I think scum freezin wouldn't be thinking about how they died in CLIX because it's not really the same because different alignments

Again, bringing this up, I feel like it could easily go the other way. Just depends on the way you word it.

gold stinger 11-9-2016 06:13 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Thar be quality non-dick posts in here hope I made you proud ShadoWolfe :ok_hand:

gold stinger 11-9-2016 06:13 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
wow rude FFR to just go and do that to me

Charu 11-9-2016 06:20 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4491944)
He'll be the hero-est hero of all time! The jubilant festivals that follow will be reminiscent of the days of old!

There will be pies and cakes and celebrations and drinks galore!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Jokes

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 06:28 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491877)
Explain

Good of storn to ignore this

MixMasterLar 11-9-2016 06:40 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4491925)
xelnya

yeah, I do

I am so underwhelmed right now.

Please show your work

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4491946)
I was going to comment on Zenith's drop in the bucket, but AA and Charu already did that for me, and they summed up what I thought pretty nicely.

Shit. I think we might actually have a town Charu this game fuck. I really like his non-shitposts, particularly his dfr emotional read which I agree with + that the AA/FreezinIce argument dropped instantly. I was really hoping that I could lynch a Charu :( I also agree with Charu's post where he says town should vote for whoever they think they should go for which in case for me it's FreezinIce because I think his reasons for putting his vote up on people are shit and I think his reasons for pulling the vote down from people are shit.



I know I aint dfr but it's already Wednesday. Aside from storn and Zenith saying the most darnedest things, I'm not really seeing any major scumreads right now for this day besides FreezinIce shrugging me the wrong way the worst with their latest vote + their previous andy vote. the unvote makes me feel a bit better, but like, someone had to state that just to get them to remove it, and the convo afterwards got dropped awkwardly, since the bolded text AA provided could go either way imo. That, and it just doesn't sit right with me that he could be town just because he removes a vote since someone had to talk to them to get them to remove it. I would have liked it a lot more if he could contest it, but instead it just feels like attributing to shitvoting with no real purpose.



It apparently doesn't take much to kill people's interest in the game. YoshL even said himself in this game that some of the stupidity from others is what drives him to quit (or something along the lines of that correct me if I am wrong, cannot be bothered to look it up until after this post if someone wants it). I experienced it first-hand my last game where everyone just, gave up d1 and then wolves won n1.



How about making an actual quality post on what you actually think about other people's arguments that they've made, saying what you like/dislike, and then make a vote based off of that? Because so far your own standards & gut reasons are lack-luster to me.



Again, bringing this up, I feel like it could easily go the other way. Just depends on the way you word it.

Oh ok.

What's your take on DFR and his interactions?

TWG Ike 11-9-2016 06:53 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Precarious has replaced psychoangel691 effective immediately

XelNya 11-9-2016 06:57 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4491925)
xelnya

yeah, I do

Oh you, that's like the easiest fucking thing you could do, isn't it. SIt there comfortably knowing you stand a chance of obtaing the easiest mislynch possible.

Cute. Top-tier. Really good.

andy-o24 11-9-2016 06:57 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Precarious no posts, clearly wolf, lynch, etc, etc.

Looked up WIFOM and OMGUS. Good stuff.

-o24

andy-o24 11-9-2016 06:59 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Anyone got a hot read on Botchi? I don't know his meta.

-o24

XelNya 11-9-2016 07:01 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
He's shit

Charu 11-9-2016 07:03 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4491959)
He's shit

Basing off the game I was last in, I hardly disagree. So far though, he hasn't shown me anything like that game in this one.

andy-o24 11-9-2016 07:09 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491961)
Basing off the game I was last in, I hardly disagree. So far though, he hasn't shown me anything like that game in this one.

Was he wolf that game? 'Cause I don't think he's offered much from what I remember about his posts.

-o24

Charu 11-9-2016 07:17 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Nah, he was a town that got replaced because of something sudden or whatever.

Precarious 11-9-2016 07:23 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Hey guys, I'm subbing in. I'll start reading through what's happened so far; I'll let you know when I've caught up.

gold stinger 11-9-2016 07:27 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4491953)
What's your take on DFR and his interactions?

Personally, on the andy/YoshL interactions I've already said iirc that andy imo is playing town-like in that argument, as he's pulling the kind of stuff that I would have done in my very first game of twg if I was town, just getting myself into unnecessary holes. DFR was first to respond with thinking andy is town but I don't really like the reason that he put out there, playing on that he always tries to cut some slack for newer players and that's his meta.

Still in response to that argument, I think newer players shouldn't be cut slack since this is TWG. If it were jTWG, maybe, but it's hard to find a jTWG game nowadays imo so I'm compromising on it. Keeping all of that in mind, I think his best post is this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491251)
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491247)
i'm saying literally when you chimed in emotionally about newer players getting lynched and w/e, was there any danger of there being a bandwagon forming on andy
was there any indication that anyone else was agreeing with me
was there any reason to "OH NO ANDY IS GOING TO GET LYNCHED I NEED TO JUMP IN AND SAVE HIM"

Yes and no. Yes because traction could have easily accrued, which is why I said the historically mark. And no because there wasn't immediate danger. However, I simply just didn't agree with your push. If I had the intention of saving him, I wouldn't have waited for you and him to finish. I would've jumped straight in and been like "HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP" but I didn't. Likewise I don't think people would let me save people. I'd probably get brushed off as the resident dumbass as I feel happens a bit already. No one was a agreeing with you but I disagreed with you and I felt like I should note that I did at the time and back it up with reasoning.



I understand what you're saying here, but I feel like you're trying to establish a meta for him. Let him develop his own meta and play the way that he learns how to play. Probing a newer player, sure. Asking his or her input, sure. Putting them in an uncomfortable situation intentionally to where a lot of people regardless of alignment crumble, bad, because it happens a lot regardless of alignment.

I think both DFR & YoshL from this are leaning town. DFR because while I may not agree with this 'meta', I do feel that he makes a valid point about YoshL pushing andy maybe a little bit too hard during that, in a way to get an early bad rap on andy. And while I do agree with YoshL's pushing and how he's trying to get some nice amount of information & response, I think he completely missed DFR's argument/pushed it aside, argumentive of this post after the DFR/YoshL interaction was for the most part said & done:

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491269)
reasoning makes 0 sense. I'm saying you overreacted to a push onto andy, and i'm not seeing any true justification for the magnitude of response for the magnitude of the original push.

Further on, DFR has made a couple of comments about who he likes, including me and Shado. I'm not a super fan of people clinging to me without reason, and I certainly feel like DFR is clinging to me without much reason, but I see why he's doing it. (Because Shado couldn't see past an ocean of dicks :^) ) I'd like it if he could explain why he likes ShadoWolfe's posts in particular. I also like his more recent post regarding FreezinIce.

All in all, I think he's got a town lean from me for right now. Certainly more of his posts I like rather than hate, but I don't agree with everything he says.

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 08:30 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=145398

sigh

YoshL 11-9-2016 08:38 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
meanwhile, juckter playing ffr

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 08:41 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
probably wolfing

TWG Ike 11-9-2016 08:49 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Hakulyte has replaced R.E. Aryxi effective immediately

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 08:49 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
oh boy here we go

Charu 11-9-2016 08:49 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Okay, before I go, I just want to say

"What the fuck?"

Okay, welp fella's, we got a Haku. Play nice while I drive home, eh?

Hakulyte 11-9-2016 08:53 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Hello, I'm going to reread the thread.

MixMasterLar 11-9-2016 08:56 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
@Gold Stinger thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491958)
Anyone got a hot read on Botchi? I don't know his meta.

-o24

Legit forgot he was here. He say anything past "hey hos"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4491985)
Hakulyte has replaced R.E. Aryxi effective immediately

My dreams of mislyncing Haku can now be realize!

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 08:57 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4491968)
Hey guys, I'm subbing in. I'll start reading through what's happened so far; I'll let you know when I've caught up.

hope this happens before tomorrow's EOD

Hakulyte 11-9-2016 08:58 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491992)
hope this happens before tomorrow's EOD

By tomorrow you mean tonight?

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 09:01 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4491993)
By tomorrow you mean tonight?

gave me a little bit of a scare but

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4490790)
I've unlocked the thread because I will not likely be here when the game starts but please do not post until after 6 PM server
thanks

d0 will last a little over 72 hours, ending at 11:59 server time, Thursday, November 10th.

d0 will begin at 6 PM server time today


MixMasterLar 11-9-2016 09:16 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Still waiting on Roundbox showing the work he insinuated he did on Xel

roundbox 11-9-2016 09:17 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4491999)
Still waiting on Roundbox showing the work he insinuated he did on Xel

I did so much work

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 09:19 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
omg


MixMasterLar 11-9-2016 09:20 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492000)
I did so much work

I look forward to actually seeing it

roundbox 11-9-2016 09:22 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492002)
I look forward to actually seeing it

but it's already out there

MixMasterLar 11-9-2016 09:24 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I'm becoming alot more accepting of not liking Roundbox this game

danceflashrevo 11-9-2016 09:25 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Okay, caught up. I'm a little tilt that aryxi got replaced instead of one of the no posters but if he asked for it, meh, don't wanna angleshoot.

I liked shadowwolfes posts because I felt like they provided good reasoning and he wasn't really just floating around. I haven't seen his wolfe game and idek if he's had one but I'm pretty certain this isn't it.

roundbox 11-9-2016 09:26 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492004)
I'm becoming alot more accepting of not liking Roundbox this game

I feel the same way about Xel. How is this alarming?

andy-o24 11-9-2016 09:32 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4491990)
Legit forgot he was here. He say anything past "hey hos"?

I think he had one other post. Can't be fucked to go find it right now. Maybe once I finish this homework.

-o24

MixMasterLar 11-9-2016 09:35 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4492005)
Okay, caught up. I'm a little tilt that aryxi got replaced instead of one of the no posters but if he asked for it, meh, don't wanna angleshoot.

I liked shadowwolfes posts because I felt like they provided good reasoning and he wasn't really just floating around. I haven't seen his wolfe game and idek if he's had one but I'm pretty certain this isn't it.

You like Shado, Huh?

Who do you not like (still in the game)

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492006)
I feel the same way about Xel. How is this alarming?

It's alarming because there's defiantly other content to comment on but I feel you're just.....not

Like is Xel being a d0 ass really that noteworthy?

juckter1 11-9-2016 09:37 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I'm sorry. I got unexpectedly busy these last couple of days and I'll have to ask for a replacement

Enviado desde mi LG-D373 mediante Tapatalk

YoshL 11-9-2016 09:39 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
hakulyte

Hakulyte 11-9-2016 09:41 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
hakulyte

roundbox 11-9-2016 09:41 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492008)
You like Shado, Huh?

Who do you not like (still in the game)



It's alarming because there's defiantly other content to comment on but I feel you're just.....not

Like is Xel being a d0 ass really that noteworthy?

When you say other content to comment on, are you referring to other players, or my case on Xelnya?

roundbox 11-9-2016 09:46 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
My thoughts on the setup:

One big 4 person wolf faction OR competing 2 member wolf factions
2 third parties, one of which probably a lyncher type role but locked onto character name rather than player name. Probably a mechanic in place allowing them to kill the other a little faster than just hoping they're lynched. Not sure about other possibilities.
We probably have a town sided investigator and killing power.
Probably some masons out there too.


Just my speculation and this should mean hardly anything until we know more about the setup.

danceflashrevo 11-9-2016 09:47 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492008)
Who do you not like (still in the game)

freezin the most aorn, i haven't seen anything to make me scum read anyone else really

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 09:48 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492013)
My thoughts on the setup:

One big 4 person wolf faction OR competing 2 member wolf factions
2 third parties, one of which probably a lyncher type role but locked onto character name rather than player name. Probably a mechanic in place allowing them to kill the other a little faster than just hoping they're lynched. Not sure about other possibilities.
We probably have a town sided investigator and killing power.
Probably some masons out there too.


Just my speculation and this should mean hardly anything until we know more about the setup.

great

now tell us more about why you dislike xel

Charu 11-9-2016 09:48 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by juckter1 (Post 4492009)
I'm sorry. I got unexpectedly busy these last couple of days and I'll have to ask for a replacement

Enviado desde mi LG-D373 mediante Tapatalk

Racking 'em up baby

roundbox 11-9-2016 09:48 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492015)
great

now tell us more about why you dislike xel

He's wolfy

MixMasterLar 11-9-2016 09:48 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492012)
When you say other content to comment on, are you referring to other players, or my case on Xelnya?

You are super fixated on him, huh?

So what do you see that leads you to believe he's scum?

Also

Take on DFR? Shado? The inactives? How does Gold Stinger feel to you?

danceflashrevo 11-9-2016 09:48 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by juckter1 (Post 4492009)
and I'll have to ask for a replacement

for future reference try to keep this info private w/ the host, angleshooting and what not.

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 09:49 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492017)
He's wolfy

I really hate dragging things out of people

why is he wolfy? is it the shitposting? something else that I'm not seeing? because while I think he's shitposted a bit much for my tastes, I don't have a solid lean on him

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 09:49 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
also roundbox it's unusual for you to be like this

andy-o24 11-9-2016 09:56 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I think the sudden shift from Xel from Ambassador to Arby's into a contributing (at least relatively) player is kinda scummy. I can get behind that read.

-o24

roundbox 11-9-2016 09:58 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492018)
You are super fixated on him, huh?

So what do you see that leads you to believe he's scum?

Also

Take on DFR? Shado? The inactives? How does Gold Stinger feel to you?

This was a legitimate question, I can't say I understand why you think I'm in fixation land. You want me to answer on those particular players?

DFR had a very awkward defense of andy, but everything else has been rather fine. I think I had a good grasp of him
I'd have to take a deeper look at Sharp.
Always disappointed in inactives of course, but would prefer a lynch outside of that pool for D0 at least. Tomorrow is a different story.

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 10:00 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492023)
I think the sudden shift from Xel from Ambassador to Arby's into a contributing (at least relatively) player is kinda scummy. I can get behind that read.

-o24

why

roundbox 11-9-2016 10:04 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492023)
I think the sudden shift from Xel from Ambassador to Arby's into a contributing (at least relatively) player is kinda scummy. I can get behind that read.

-o24

I disagree on the reasoning for your read.

Xel is wolfy because he is a wolf.

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 10:06 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
roundbox/xel probably not partners lmao

andy-o24 11-9-2016 10:14 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492025)
why

twenty-and-a-half pages of Arby's Xel until he seems to realize he can't keep up the character like I assume Xiz did in another game.
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4491713)
Guess we're done with this because I lack the level of commitment Xiz has

And then a sudden shift into a real player accented by 8 posts in a row, 6 of which have at least decent content in them, some better than others. The shift in tone/character wasn't prompted by anything that I could see.

-o24

roundbox 11-9-2016 10:20 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492029)
twenty-and-a-half pages of Arby's Xel until he seems to realize he can't keep up the character like I assume Xiz did in another game.

And then a sudden shift into a real player accented by 8 posts in a row, 6 of which have at least decent content in them, some better than others. The shift in tone/character wasn't prompted by anything that I could see.

-o24

Most people have a shitposting phase that they eventually break out of to start playing the game. I think he hit a point where he felt like he could actually make an observational post.

You missed the posts where he looks wolfy, though.

andy-o24 11-9-2016 10:22 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I will concede that's probably true, roundbox, but his shift was so sudden. Either way, if you have a scum read and I have a scum read, does the reason why matter?

-o24

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 10:22 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492029)
twenty-and-a-half pages of Arby's Xel until he seems to realize he can't keep up the character like I assume Xiz did in another game.

And then a sudden shift into a real player accented by 8 posts in a row, 6 of which have at least decent content in them, some better than others. The shift in tone/character wasn't prompted by anything that I could see.

-o24

you don't think that could be him just getting in gear for the game as town?

andy-o24 11-9-2016 10:27 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
It could, yes. But I'd rather read such a sudden shift in character as a scummy thing to do. I'm sure Xel will be around to refute this, and then analysis can proceed from there.

brb like 1 hour.

-o24

roundbox 11-9-2016 10:30 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492031)
I will concede that's probably true, roundbox, but his shift was so sudden. Either way, if you have a scum read and I have a scum read, does the reason why matter?

-o24

It does matter to me.

Hakulyte 11-9-2016 10:32 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi (Post 4491678)
Another mislynch if more votes are placed on me but whatever mang

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi (Post 4491682)
Sorry to keep you in hold homie but i promise to have a full detailed post explaining my reasons for the previous posts. I need just need some rest and after I'm off tomorrow I'll have my post up as promised. This game requires alot of energy i don't normally have :(

I just wanted to say that this is an identical scenario to Turbo VII D0 mislynch on him.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4491676)
Alignment indicative how? What points?
You just dropped a "reads" list that didn't mention Andy or YoshL or DFR or MML.

Actually, I'm ISOing you right now and there isn't a single mention of them at all throughout the entire thing aside from that one post after you finished reading thread.

In fact, 100% of posts were shitposting until #398 and #399, in which you said that DFR was null, implied null on YoshL "I can agree with some of the points that Yoshl had with his reasons", said "Andy is doing good to try to get tha ball rolling though", and didn't really leave a read on either of the above. Then you say you normally mindmeld with Lar but aren't this game, without actually going anywhere with it.

To make matters worse, your followup post is an afterthought of a reads list with three nulls, one "u good"(me), and one "null to wolf lean", without actually providing any basis for any of those reads (or even the slightest of reasons other than "meatball subs suck", or having ever mentioned anything about any of those people before. That made me wary, because it felt like you had thought you should put a reads list down, but couldn't really figure out what to say or what reasoning to give, so you just put names and memes down to look like you're hunting.

Then, things got even worse. MML asked why his game felt weird to you, and you respond with #401 (aka the quoted post above), in which your first sentence about YoshL doesn't relate to anything anyone's said or asked. More importantly, though, you take back your implied weirdness of MML's game and say that "there were some points during yosh+dfr+andy interactions where posts were alignment indicative". Problem with that is, you had just nulled basically everyone there and hadn't mentioned anything "alignment indicative" in your reads post.

That's contradictory. Even if it weren't, this sort of vagueness and hesitance/indecisiveness alone is something I'd expect to see in wolf R.E. Aryxi, not town.

I have no clue where he was going to go with this.
To his defense, I'd say that what matters is that he tried to go somewhere.
I'm discarding his reads and I'm going to come up with my own.

danceflashrevo 11-9-2016 10:51 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492037)
I just wanted to say that this is an identical scenario to Turbo VII D0 mislynch on him.

Why are you bringing this up?

_Zenith_ 11-9-2016 10:53 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492011)
hakulyte

Okay.

Hakulyte 11-9-2016 10:53 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Why would I not bring this up?

roundbox 11-9-2016 10:54 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492042)
Why would I not bring this up?

+1
why is this a problem now DFR?

danceflashrevo 11-9-2016 11:05 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Because he's replacing him, also we already had some discussion on it. I find it kinda unnecessary to clear yourself through your former slot. I think that should be left up to everyone else. But I'm wrong apparently so w/e.

Hakulyte 11-9-2016 11:24 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4492045)
Because he's replacing him, also we already had some discussion on it. I find it kinda unnecessary to clear yourself through your former slot. I think that should be left up to everyone else. But I'm wrong apparently so w/e.

I'm as clear as the others want me to be. I thought that was an interesting way to approach my own slot tbh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4491676)
That's contradictory. Even if it weren't, this sort of vagueness and hesitance/indecisiveness alone is something I'd expect to see in wolf R.E. Aryxi, not town.

Remember when I asked him last game "if he finally didn't roll town?"
It's because R.E. Aryxi never rolled wolf and he still doesn't have a "wolf meta".
You should know that.
Yet, you brought up it's something you'd expect from a "wolf R.E. Aryxi".
This very exact same hesitance/indecisiveness got him mislynched D0 last game.
He literally left the thread without a defense.

TWG Ike 11-9-2016 11:40 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
wineandbread has replaced juckter1, effective immediately

MixMasterLar 11-9-2016 11:42 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492023)
I think the sudden shift from Xel from Ambassador to Arby's into a contributing (at least relatively) player is kinda scummy. I can get behind that read.

-o24

Naw, most if not all players do it to one degree or another. Xel was very pronounced but he did it at a natural point in time (when there was plenty of content to comment on) but not under any real pressure to do something. Contrast this with Something lile the toneshift Freezin gave sharply after AA grilled his ass; while you can say that Freezin felt pressured and scared of being caught as wolf into changing thier game to avoid fire, this Point of View cannot be applied to Xel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492024)
This was a legitimate question, I can't say I understand why you think I'm in fixation land. You want me to answer on those particular players?

DFR had a very awkward defense of andy, but everything else has been rather fine. I think I had a good grasp of him
I'd have to take a deeper look at Sharp.
Always disappointed in inactives of course, but would prefer a lynch outside of that pool for D0 at least. Tomorrow is a different story.

Because it's all you seemed willing to talk about on your own
Who is sharp?
No thoughts on DFR defending G.S?

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492030)
Most people have a shitposting phase that they eventually break out of to start playing the game. I think he hit a point where he felt like he could actually make an observational post.

You missed the posts where he looks wolfy, though.

I missed them too. Quote them for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492031)
I will concede that's probably true, roundbox, but his shift was so sudden. Either way, if you have a scum read and I have a scum read, does the reason why matter?

-o24

It ALWAYS matters.
You'll (hopefully) see why as the phase continues, but it always matters. Don 't let people silently place votes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4492045)
Because he's replacing him, also we already had some discussion on it. I find it kinda unnecessary to clear yourself through your former slot. I think that should be left up to everyone else. But I'm wrong apparently so w/e.

I thought it a good comparison, frankly. It seemed Haku was pointing out how Aryxi gets mislynched likehe just recently did.

Actually Haku, is there a bigger implication to your post you would like to share with the class? Or am I reading too far into you're comment?

andy-o24 11-9-2016 11:42 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
So, Vendetta, Pazzaz and botchi are still low activity. How deep does the replacement list run?

-o24

Charu 11-9-2016 11:44 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4492050)
wineandbread has replaced juckter1, effective immediately

Keep 'em coming, mmm

roundbox 11-9-2016 11:44 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492051)
I missed them too. Quote them for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492026)
I disagree on the reasoning for your read.

Xel is wolfy because he is a wolf.

here you go MML


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution