Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Come Play With Us (earn a free tshirt) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=61653)

JasonKey 03-1-2007 10:27 AM

Re: Come Play With Us (earn a free tshirt)

If anyone sees any issues with the Siggy Editor, let me know.

Alucard4_6 03-1-2007 10:33 AM

What if instead of having it take them directly to the main page, it took them to a redirection page. Something like, "Thank you for showing interest in FlashFlashRevolution.com we hope you enjoy your visit." then put like a 5 second delay on it, and have it auto direct them to the main page. That way they will feel as though they are getting direct attension.

*Edit: Kind of like when you sign into FFR, how it directs you to the forums. Just another suggestion.

UberMario 03-1-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard4_6 (Post 1278686)
What if instead of having it take them directly to the main page, it took them to a redirection page. Something like, "Thank you for showing interest in FlashFlashRevolution.com we hope you enjoy your visit." then put like a 5 second delay on it, and have it auto direct them to the main page. That way they will feel as though they are getting direct attension.

*Edit: Kind of like when you sign into FFR, how it directs you to the forums. Just another suggestion.

Disapprooooove.

Synthlight 03-1-2007 10:36 AM

It's not that bad of an idea if done right Uber. In my opinion anyway.

Cheers,

Synthlight

JasonKey 03-1-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard4_6 (Post 1278686)

We could look into that. I can envision sort of an intro page of sorts.

However, I think getting people into the community means getting them into the game(s) first. People often time have a very short attention span, and reading is the LAST thing they want to do. "Just play damnit!!".

Alucard4_6 03-1-2007 10:39 AM

When people feel like they are getting individual attension, it makes them feel more welcome. (At least for me it does.) I don't really see how it would slow anything down, or turn people away for that matter.

*Edit: True, people probably would rather play the game first, but feeling welcome in a community is also always a good thing.

*Edit Two: By the way, this is really hard to do without a mouse. Stupid mouse breaking down on me. T_T

JasonKey 03-1-2007 10:46 AM

Will look into this, and as to the mouse, considered cleaning it? ;)

UberMario 03-1-2007 10:48 AM

Hmm.. maybe (since the load for FFR is doubled, it'll give them enough time to read for the short amount of waiting) you can have something being said while or above the loading screen of FFR. Like those on page popups that aren't actually popups.

Alucard4_6 03-1-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonKey (Post 1278700)
Will look into this, and as to the mouse, considered cleaning it? ;)

That isn't the problem, something is bugged with the wire or something, I don't know the exact problem, but I can't move it from it's default position. I've tried everything I've been suggested, but nothing is working. I guess it's just time for a new mouse. >.<

UberMario 03-1-2007 10:50 AM

Yeah, new mice aren't that expensive anyway.

JasonKey 03-1-2007 11:37 AM

Thank god for that, I am brutal on mice.

Hate to bump, but is anyone using the siggy for this, I am curious if its working ok for folks.

DrugstoreCowboy 03-1-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonKey (Post 1278766)
Thank god for that, I am brutal on mice.

Hate to bump, but is anyone using the siggy for this, I am curious if its working ok for folks.

yes jason, i use it,
and its working fine for me.

ill post my secret to getting clicks and people to play in a little bit ;)

gotta expand my lead first <3

JasonKey 03-1-2007 11:57 AM

Any suggestions about it that would help ya?

DrugstoreCowboy 03-1-2007 12:00 PM

hmm. honestly, not really.

its just really nice to put in my sigs on other forums, and when people click it, it takes them right to the game. And thats what they want.

But i will just share one thing real quick.
I didnt have time to make any graphics yet, but i do post this pretty much everywhere..

and have that link to my referral link.

2fast4u4ever 03-1-2007 12:04 PM

how do we know if we're doing this right? can't you make like a thing on your profile on how many people you got on here?

JasonKey 03-1-2007 12:05 PM

yes, adding that now.

2fast4u4ever 03-1-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonKey (Post 1278818)
yes, adding that now.

aha sweet thanks jason

DrugstoreCowboy 03-1-2007 12:20 PM

yay, now i can see the count in my profile.

JasonKey 03-1-2007 12:20 PM

Added to profiles. Will add rank shortly.

emerald000 03-1-2007 12:26 PM

I think there is a problem with the siggy editor. When you first go to it, you have under "Come Play With Me" Forum BBCode Sig:

[url="http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/comeplay/withus.php?u=emerald000"][img]http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/ffrsiggy/emerald000/0111.png[/img][/url]

If you decide to change something in your sig, when you generate it, it becomes something like:

[url="http://www.flashflashrevolution.com"][img]http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/ffrsiggy/emerald000/0714.png[/img][/url]

The last link is the same than the not-"Come Play With Me" Forum BBCode Sig, which link directly to the main page and thus not adding to your ip counts.