Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151984)

Hakulyte 06-22-2020 06:35 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
From discord chat btw:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolthy
A possible slip I didnít see discussed because dbp threw it on fg straight away is when he asked how fg could know plop was town before the flop, but it was worded in such a way that it was almost something dbp was aware of pre flip

This seems important.

Bolth mannn 06-22-2020 06:44 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Hello friends!

Bolth mannn 06-22-2020 06:44 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duk3star (Post 4732230)
bolth


Ew!

Bolth mannn 06-22-2020 06:48 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4732223)
@Bolth

I might have missed something, but what made you start the wagon on Plop ?


Honestly, gut read that I decided to trust. He seemed a little off when I first mentioned him, then he kept being defensive which Iíve noticed in past game seems to be his wolf thing, where he stops trying to figure out the game and instead keeps defending himself. The rest of my progression is seen in discord, I really thought we had a wolf there.

Freezin is not a surprising nk to me, but it does get rid of a person I was struggling to read.

I know yesterday I said xiz/fg team, but in light of what Iíve woken up to, I think Duke and Fg are the team

funnygurl for now

Bolth mannn 06-22-2020 06:50 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Haku if youíre wolfing, youíre playing really well

Hakulyte 06-22-2020 07:12 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4732235)
Haku if youíre wolfing, youíre playing really well

I'd give myself MVP if I did.

Bolth mannn 06-22-2020 07:19 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Duke matey id like to hear more about your vote on me! Do you have a case on me or do you just see me as a safe non suspicious vote jumping into the game?

Duk3star 06-22-2020 07:52 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4732239)
Duke matey id like to hear more about your vote on me! Do you have a case on me or do you just see me as a safe non suspicious vote jumping into the game?

You open wolfed all of d1 and when people tried to get serious you devolved the game back into memes.

Bolth mannn 06-22-2020 07:56 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
I only did that in thread, I did legitimate solving in the discord

Duk3star 06-22-2020 08:01 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4732241)
I only did that in thread, I did legitimate solving in the discord

Let me go back and check.

Xiz 06-22-2020 08:30 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
duke

the sun fan 06-22-2020 08:32 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
dbp (1)- funnygurl
xiz (1)- ffa
bolth (1)- duk3
funnygurl (1)- bolth
duk3 (1)- Xiz

flashflash account 06-22-2020 09:18 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
We can leave it like this

Bolth mannn 06-22-2020 09:22 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
reads lists are hard so ill do a lynch order instead

Funnygurl
Duk3
Xiz
DBP
FFA
Haku
Bolth

(:

Funnygurl555 06-22-2020 11:05 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4732212)
why dbp funny im dum dum halp

he's why the plop wagon actually gained momentum

Funnygurl555 06-22-2020 11:07 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4732234)
Honestly, gut read that I decided to trust. He seemed a little off when I first mentioned him, then he kept being defensive which Iíve noticed in past game seems to be his wolf thing, where he stops trying to figure out the game and instead keeps defending himself. The rest of my progression is seen in discord, I really thought we had a wolf there.

Freezin is not a surprising nk to me, but it does get rid of a person I was struggling to read.

I know yesterday I said xiz/fg team, but in light of what Iíve woken up to, I think Duke and Fg are the team

funnygurl for now

ok but what

you have a legitimate scum slip read but you decide to stick to a different world where i'm scum?

like actually explain, why duk3? is it omgus? why not xiz anymore? how do i have scum equity with both of them?

Funnygurl555 06-22-2020 11:09 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4732249)
reads lists are hard so ill do a lynch order instead

Funnygurl
Duk3
Xiz
DBP
FFA
Haku
Bolth

(:

you didn't have to tell us you weren't doing a reads list because they're hard. reads lists are hard for wolves because they have to fake detailed reads on everyone. you coulda just said you wanted a lynch order anyways

Bolth mannn 06-22-2020 11:19 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Who is my scum slip read?

I told duk3 I was gonna do a reads list then changed my mind hence why thats worded the way it is

flashflash account 06-22-2020 11:22 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
bolt because the numerator is a wolf smile

Bolth mannn 06-22-2020 11:27 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
you think im good at math :')

Funnygurl555 06-22-2020 11:37 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4732257)
Who is my scum slip read?

I told duk3 I was gonna do a reads list then changed my mind hence why thats worded the way it is

dbp

Bolth mannn 06-22-2020 11:50 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4732262)
dbp

oh yea!

dbp

flashflash account 06-22-2020 11:53 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
idrk what bolt's doing this game
they really do feel like a 3p of some kind
inconsistency all over the place, some of which duke highlighted in the discord, and they don't seem to care who they're voting with/against, which doesn't look good when you consider the rest of it

Hakulyte 06-23-2020 12:17 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4732265)
idrk what bolt's doing this game
they really do feel like a 3p of some kind
inconsistency all over the place, some of which duke highlighted in the discord, and they don't seem to care who they're voting with/against, which doesn't look good when you consider the rest of it

I'm trying to ignore this, but I don't know if I should.

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 12:20 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
serious question---

do we think the numerator acted last night?

Funnygurl555 06-23-2020 12:32 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4732269)
serious question---

do we think the numerator acted last night?

idk if this would be productive

first of all we don't even know what it does

the sun fan 06-23-2020 12:41 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
votecount
dbp (2)- funnygurl, bolth
bolth (2)- duk3, ffa
duk3 (1)- Xiz

Funnygurl555 06-23-2020 12:48 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4732249)
reads lists are hard so ill do a lynch order instead

Funnygurl
Duk3
Xiz
DBP
FFA
Haku
Bolth

(:

has this changed at all?

the sun fan 06-23-2020 12:56 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
votes cast at :00 count
votes cast at :01 don't

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 12:56 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
xiz

Hakulyte 06-23-2020 12:58 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
duk3

flashflash account 06-23-2020 12:59 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
funnygurl? Sorry :c

Bolth mannn 06-23-2020 12:59 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
xiz

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 12:59 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
duk3

Funnygurl555 06-23-2020 12:59 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
duk3star

cfd (8

the sun fan 06-23-2020 01:00 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
insta has been reached by my count

the sun fan 06-23-2020 01:01 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
votecount
bolth (1)- duk3
duk3 (4)- Xiz, haku, DBP, fg
xiz (1)- bolth
fg (1)- ffa

the sun fan 06-23-2020 01:02 AM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
duk3star has died. He was...

Vanilla Town


Night 2 will last 12 hours ending at 12:01 PM Central (Server) Time.

Night 2 begins now.

the sun fan 06-23-2020 01:00 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
In the night...

flash flash account has died. He was...

Vanilla Town


Day 2 will last 12 hours ending at 12:01 AM Central (Server) Time.

Day 2 begins now.

the sun fan 06-23-2020 01:04 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
It is LYLO and, as a result, votes are LOCKED IN during this phase and all future phases

the sun fan 06-23-2020 01:05 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
OOTC has been turned off

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 01:09 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
DaBackpackToday at 12:59 PM
In case I die. I'm hardclaiming the PR this game. Night 1 I roleblocked funnygurl which is why I thought she could be the numerator. Tonight I am watching Hakulyte.

NocturneOfShadowToday at 1:00 PM
Kk

thesunfanToday at 1:00 PM
Pls stop talking in here ffa

DaBackpackToday at 1:01 PM
damn, it was FFA

OK. So there have been no weird shenanigans tonight either. So I guess the numerator's ability is "invisible" or otherwise is latent.

Or, numerator is a one-shot ability, and I happened to block funnygurl when she tried to use it Night 1.

I wanted to push funnygurl yesterday because of the roleblock but that risked having me be outted, so I made that "gamble" that funnygurl was town and told her to vote Duk3 instead to help my self-pres. Also why I kept fixating on the numerator ability--- I was trying to guess if it was blocked and nothing happened, or the regular "nothing happened" happened and nothing happened.

I would like to hear others' thoughts on this matter now

thesunfanToday at 1:05 PM
STOP
@everyone OOTC has been turned off
Please stop posting in here for the time being

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 01:12 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Regarding the OOTC off thing. Xiz, bolth, and Haku were listed as "Offline" at the moment this happened. funnygurl was "Away".

The phase started at 1pm EST, and OOTC was turned off at 1:05pm EST, immediately after the discord chain I posted above. This leads me to think that the OOTC trigger might be related to the actual contents of the posts. If the numerator is related to this at all, it is a passive ability, and the numerator being alive gives the team access to some kind of fuckery.

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 01:15 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
on the other hand, this game is "VERY TROLLY" but only "POSSIBLY BASTARD" so the OOTC thing might just be some stupid game quirk

might or might not be worth discussion. still curious to hear ppl's thoughts

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 01:22 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
I pulled an all-nighter last night so I'm going to try to get some sleep. I'll be awake with ample time before EoD.

Current feeling is the same as it was yesterday. bolthy and FG are most likely not on a team. (This is not immutable, just an intuition.) A good course of action is to revisit all the past wagons and perform wagonomics. Use this to also predict wolf pairings. Typically I advise against looking for teams before we have any flips but I think 2-wolf teams are an exception, since if any of them come under fire their partner will inexorably be tied to them based on direct interactions.

Likeliest teams are FG/Xiz and bolthy/Haku.

To the two remaining townies--- I'd do this if I wasn't going to take a nap, but go back through the Discord and look for two players that DID NOT really talk to each other, or for conversations that look staged or theater-y. Town players are more likely to authentically engage with other people. Wolf players are more likely to only engage with townies. You won't see a lot of serious, game-solvey W/W interactions. This is evidence we can leverage.

naptime

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 01:28 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
related: look for any players with a consistent history of "hedging" their reads, especially if it's about specific players.

for example: if it was the case that Xiz always had funnygurl as "kind of suspicious but could go either way on her," or if he said that he would vote for funnygurl but didn't, that looks really bad for Xiz and FG.

it is very common for wolves to have "light scumreads /null reads" on their partners. wolves don't want to blatantly ignore their partners in their reads, that looks bad. but they also don't want their partner to be in trouble, so they'll usually couch their reads with "I wouldn't be surprised if Funnygurl was a wolf. HOWEVER, I think Duk3 is super wolfy because [loud noises to distract everybody away from funnygurl]"

These are basic TWG tips but they are generally useful. "Look for somebody whose actions speak differently from their words." If somebody has a wolfread on another player but never follows up on it, that's a contradiction.

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 01:29 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Lastly. As sunfan said this is LYLO and all votes are locked in until the end of the game. Don't be stupid please.

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 01:32 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
super-lastly, random thought:

It would be really funny if the Numerator's ability only goes into effect once they die, lol.

Xiz 06-23-2020 02:18 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Funny/haku
Funny/bolth
Haku/bolth


DBP unCCíd is huge, wolves missed a great opportunity to CC (or to make this game spicy)

DBP is real here, only a real PR would post before eod

Wolves still have their chat right? Our chat was turned off so Iím assuming they can still ping each other or something

Xiz 06-23-2020 02:22 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
I think I always vote haku here? mostly it’s FMPOV

I remember saying ffa was my strongest town in the chat last night, and I think at that point nobody else had FFA as scum during night phase ad much as other players?
I remember haku never really questioned my reads, or asked any follow up to me, but often just threw shade. I can pull these up if needed. I usually just responded with ‘die haku’ to simply write it off as haku being haku
I could absolutely see haku wanting ffa to be the kill there, but the problem is I don’t know who hakus partner would be

I think I might have been right when it was haku/funny but I feel like bolth has been playing a slightly scummier game than usual, but not for any concrete reason from my own, mostly from those who are dead who don’t like bolth.

Xiz 06-23-2020 02:23 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4732322)
super-lastly, random thought:

It would be really funny if the Numerator's ability only goes into effect once they die, lol.

What Iím afraid of.

For some reason since literally nothing has happened it could be an ability that has missed a lot of the time or something

Xiz 06-23-2020 02:24 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Threa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4732320)
related: look for any players with a consistent history of "hedging" their reads, especially if it's about specific players.

for example: if it was the case that Xiz always had funnygurl as "kind of suspicious but could go either way on her," or if he said that he would vote for funnygurl but didn't, that looks really bad for Xiz and FG.

it is very common for wolves to have "light scumreads /null reads" on their partners. wolves don't want to blatantly ignore their partners in their reads, that looks bad. but they also don't want their partner to be in trouble, so they'll usually couch their reads with "I wouldn't be surprised if Funnygurl was a wolf. HOWEVER, I think Duk3 is super wolfy because [loud noises to distract everybody away from funnygurl]"

These are basic TWG tips but they are generally useful. "Look for somebody whose actions speak differently from their words." If somebody has a wolfread on another player but never follows up on it, that's a contradiction.

This is so stupid for you to say now, should have withheald this to use as ammo for later, now you probably canít use this argument correctly anymore

Xiz 06-23-2020 02:26 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4732318)
on the other hand, this game is "VERY TROLLY" but only "POSSIBLY BASTARD" so the OOTC thing might just be some stupid game quirk

might or might not be worth discussion. still curious to hear ppl's thoughts

Iím pretty sure at this point itís ďchoose something and if you guessed correctly by next phase you get a _______Ē

Xiz 06-23-2020 02:30 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
I could make the argument for funny where she hasn’t been playing as typical funny, no gifs or any super loud remakes if that makes sense, she felt more conservative this game?

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 02:31 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Threa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4732331)
This is so stupid for you to say now, should have withheald this to use as ammo for later, now you probably canít use this argument correctly anymore

I knew fully well that this stops working as soon as I brought it up, but I still 100% think it is worth bringing up NOW because it doesn't retroactively affect the previous two phases and... well, it's LYLO. I could have waited til later in the phase but I felt like I needed to give town specific instructions because I wasn't going to be here to lead until the evening. And I absolutely want to come back to this thread and see scumhunting.

(I actually have a conference call at 2:30pm so I'm just postponed my nap until ~3pm)

Xiz 06-23-2020 02:34 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
YO WAIT I GOT THE GAME SOLVED

Haku pinged funny after I coined funny/haku as a team, and for some reason haku immediately pinged funny (this was right after the flip like by 12 mins or so)


What if...

Haku accidentally @ funny in the wrong chat
Because during that time funny was there and green online, but never responded until like a bunch later

If anyone remembers that that would really amazing but I’d have to rely on Bolton/
DBP and I can’t remember who was there

DaBackpack 06-23-2020 02:34 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
[quote=Xiz;4732328]


DBP unCCíd is huge, wolves missed a great opportunity to CC (or to make this game spicy)



I'm not gonna dwell on this but to my knowledge, you (Xiz) are the only player who has checked the thread (and potentially the discord) since today started

just as an FYI

Xiz 06-23-2020 02:35 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Threa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4732336)
I knew fully well that this stops working as soon as I brought it up, but I still 100% think it is worth bringing up NOW because it doesn't retroactively affect the previous two phases and... well, it's LYLO. I could have waited til later in the phase but I felt like I needed to give town specific instructions because I wasn't going to be here to lead until the evening. And I absolutely want to come back to this thread and see scumhunting.

(I actually have a conference call at 2:30pm so I'm just postponed my nap until ~3pm)

I see your point. Think itís wrong still, but Iíve been 100% wrong this game so

Xiz 06-23-2020 02:36 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
[quote=DaBackpack;4732338]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4732328)


DBP unCCíd is huge, wolves missed a great opportunity to CC (or to make this game spicy)



I'm not gonna dwell on this but to my knowledge, you (Xiz) are the only player who has checked the thread (and potentially the discord) since today started

just as an FYI

I guess, but if you are fake and the real PR missed posting before EOD then thatís a big throw on their part, and such a low chance imo that i donít want to consider it a real world for my own sanity sake.

Xiz 06-23-2020 02:40 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
I’d put bolth above funny and haku here for the sole reason of sheep it dead town, can’t think of any good wolf argument that can hold up atm

Xiz 06-23-2020 02:45 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
There is only one possible other world:

The numerator changes the flips of players, to where the real PR is dead, but they flip as VT
That would be such a bastard thing to do, which means game might be over at this point, if anything we might have a shot at final 3 if we end up hitting a wolf.

Xiz 06-23-2020 03:11 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
^ would only mean FFA/freez would be the real PR, but that doesn’t seem likely at all.
Im pretty sure at this point it is wisest to just proceed like DBP is real

Xiz 06-23-2020 03:13 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
> Haku it’s unlike you not to consider the outlandish wolf teams
@bolthy#6674

Xiz 06-23-2020 03:28 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Haku’s wolf play here would be to omgus me I think

Funnygurl555 06-23-2020 03:34 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
i believe dbp's claim

Funnygurl555 06-23-2020 03:36 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
that means fmpov it's xiz and bolth which could very well be it, but i gotta revisit haku first

Funnygurl555 06-23-2020 03:37 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
which is something i'll eventually do lol haha sleep DAY

Xiz 06-23-2020 03:45 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Thanks for making this game easier funny

funny/haku

vs

bolth/xiz

Xiz 06-23-2020 03:47 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
@DBP WHAT TIME WILL YOU BE BACK IN THREAD

Hakulyte 06-23-2020 04:04 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Before we continue this, I would like Bolth to hard claim.

I don't want to bark at the wrong tree with locked votes.

Hakulyte 06-23-2020 04:11 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
I'm hard claiming VT btw, but there's more to it.

I would also like to ask if other players received items or anything special in this game.

I just wonder if I'm an isolated case or if there's more bastard stuff going on.

Xiz 06-23-2020 04:18 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
...you got an item?

Xiz 06-23-2020 04:22 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
crap now im thinking funny's gay wolf picture has something to do with something

Funnygurl555 06-23-2020 04:25 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
xiz if u think it's me and haku then who do u wanna see dead first

Xiz 06-23-2020 04:27 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4732363)
xiz if u think it's me and haku then who do u wanna see dead first

ill get to this in a bit

Xiz 06-23-2020 04:28 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
@haku please respond, what item did you get

Xiz 06-23-2020 04:28 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
(i got 0 items)

Funnygurl555 06-23-2020 04:29 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4732365)
ill get to this in a bit

>:(

Funnygurl555 06-23-2020 04:29 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
> : (

Funnygurl555 06-23-2020 04:30 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 31 Game Thread
 
haku did you get 3 vests


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution