Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ingame Songs/Stepfiles Discussion Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=94513)

jimerax 06-17-2008 11:10 AM

Ingame Songs/Stepfiles Discussion Thread

I think we need a place to discuss songs/stepfiles in FFR R1/Widget generally.
It would be nice if we can get more feedback about songs/simfiles from people, especially
when new songs are added to the game.

A long time ago someone used to make a thread when a new song is released, but not recently
because songs are added so frequently, and we have so many songs in the game.

So.. you can talk about anything like those here.

Opinions
Your (TOP XX) favorite songs/stepfiles.
Your impression/critique/appreciation of songs/stepfiles.

Suggestions
Syncing of ingame simfiles.
Suggestion for the style/genre of ingame songs (difficulty should be in the difficulty thread).

Advices
How to do better on tricky parts in a certain song (to FC/AAA the song).
Which songs are good for earning credits/Grand Total Score?
What is the original song of "XXX"?
Lyrics of "XXX".

etc.

--- Notes about this thread ---

- Subscriber's songs should be discussed in Subscriber's forum.
- Any "critiques" are ok, but no "flaming".
- You can bring up R2/SIU songs here as well if you want.
- Token related things should be in Token thread.
- Don't ask for mp3s here.

Thank you.

heyitsmee 06-17-2008 11:18 AM

Re: Ingame Songs/Stepfiles Discussion Thread

In until a comment and rate system makes it way on the actual individual song/file pages
nice job jimerax

jimerax 06-17-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyitsmee (Post 2216196)
In until a comment and rate system makes it way on the actual individual song/file pages

Exactly (although rating system like the one in simfile database will be messed up).

Shashakiro 06-17-2008 11:30 AM

After playing some of the new stuff, my only complaint is this: WAY too many long (4+ min) files seem to have made their way in since I was last active...I dunno about other people but I get bored as hell of any file after that long unless it's something really intense like BB Evo/Revenge.

Cutting songs is a good thing most of the time, unless there's some great reason not to...

jimerax 06-17-2008 11:45 AM

Nowadays there're a lot of people who think original songs shouldn't be cut in contrast.

plus plenty of widget songs aren't allowed to cut.

HighAndr0id 06-17-2008 11:47 AM

completely agree shash, but alot of files since the FGO/FMO week have been really good so ffr is still fun :D i really like GOSW

Shashakiro 06-17-2008 11:55 AM

I don't get why people think keeping the "proper" full song is preferable to not getting bored while playing the game (for widgets of course it's necessary but otherwise not really at all).

By the way, aside from that I will say that from what I've played it seems like most of the newer files are extremely well made, especially the 10's and 11's, so the judging process is still as great as it ever was (although I'm sure people are still whining constantly about it, just like when I was a judge).

Ice wolf 06-17-2008 12:25 PM

Jimerax mentioned this in the first post, so I thought I would ask which song gives the most points in one gameplay and which gives the most points in the shortest amount of time.

Tasselfoot 06-17-2008 12:38 PM

ice wolf: final fantasy last battle festival has the most notes. therefore, it gives the most points per 1 gameplay (assuming a FC). as far as most points/second, that depends on your skill. Death Piano is the highest taps/second, but can you combo it? taps/second is meaningless unless you're FCing. Some good songs to play that are easier to combo that are still high taps/second are Hellbeat v2 and Teh Tricky Techno.

shash: can you give me some examples, please? other than widget songs. widget songs are going to be long in most cases. bands don't really like their songs being cut, and the primary purpose of them is for the widget, not for FFR. beyond that, i don't REALLY have an issue with long songs. stuff like FFLBF, Blue Rose, Blue Army, Blue Noah, I Don't Need You Anymore. etc.

I plan on doing a Blue x3 skill token at some point. It's just too tempting to pass up.

Shashakiro 06-17-2008 01:00 PM

Final Step, {I don't need you anymore}, Lunatic Princess, right off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are others.

Not sure which of those are widgets but those were all fine files that got ridiculously boring because they seemed way too long to me.

Tasselfoot 06-17-2008 01:02 PM

none are widget files. 2 behanjc files though. and, i don't have an issue with any of those. i mean, i guess IDNYA is a bit repetitive for 5 minutes, but the other 2 really aren't. plus, how can you get bored with the music in those charts?

Shashakiro 06-17-2008 01:07 PM

I know you don't have an issue with them, or else they wouldn't be in the game, would they, that's why I'm saying that I do >_<

I actually don't mind Lunatic Princess so much because it's a pretty intense song, but the others bored me to tears before they were over with. It's just that back when I played there were like three files total with 2000 arrows and now it's like every other file I play has that many because it's so damn long, maybe it's just me, I dunno

smartdude1212 06-17-2008 01:47 PM

Well to counter all the long stepfiles we should get some more short songs in FFR (and not necessarily by Saskrotch).

We also need more songs with mass amounts of indexable stream, mass amounts of non-indexable stream, etc

Also on one of the queue submissions there should be a restriction on the song authors so that we can get newer song artists into the game (something like a maximum of 2 or 3 songs already in FFR that were made by *insert artist here*). I like hearing about new artists. JX is good about stepping songs from different people.

We also need more easier files, especially ones that are fun.

Now, for ingame stuff:

behanjc is life
sulfer should make harder files
more songs in different timing (I'm thinking of Amefuri, GOSW, Ruins, etc... is it 9/8 timing?)
Garyuutensei is funnnnnnnnnn

Tasselfoot 06-17-2008 01:48 PM

and back when i started to play, all the files were offsync and had all blue arrows. and there were no speedmods and only static bpms and avmisses.

it probably is just you. <3. but even so... we have so many people that can AAA 95% of the files added... we need to add a few stamina based songs as well as insanely hard songs. different people like different types of songs/charts, and we need to cater to all of them.

makdaddy 06-17-2008 01:52 PM

ha! I'm older than you

Bluearrowll 06-17-2008 02:13 PM

So Tasselfoot, you're suggesting Death Piano won't be the hardest song anymore?
(excluding vb ROFL)

Tasselfoot 06-17-2008 02:38 PM

i don't think i said anything like that. implied or otherwise.

bmah 06-17-2008 02:41 PM

Would most people want anything harder than Death Piano? >_>

SulferDragon 06-17-2008 02:48 PM

Hey, didn't I do something like this a while back? Yes, I did: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=87540

Pretty much the same thing, only this thread allows for more discussion because that was only for new songs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartdude1212 (Post 2216444)
sulfer should make harder files

I agree, he should.

bluguerrilla 06-17-2008 02:50 PM

I've gotten permission from artists that would make harder simfiles than most.

I mean, go play minion & cetaka's RATO. Terminal 11 has a bunch more that would make insane files.

About index files, the patterns are pretty and fun in most cases but it gets kind of drab.

About song length I usually think that if a song is just going to either repeat itself exactly or go in a different (crappier steppage) direction then it needs to be cut.

Who am I to talk though? :-)