Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Help Save 8 on the Break (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152032)

psychoangel691 07-7-2020 01:55 PM

Help Save 8 on the Break

Hey guys,

This especially goes out to all my East Coast meetup peeps that have been to the Break. they're in danger of having their property taken away because of taxes they haven't been able to pay due to COVID. It's a super shit situation but I figure if people can even contribute like $5 it could make all the difference for this. So if you're able to help out, I'd super appreciate it and defo plan on having another meetup there after all this stuff is over.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-the-...3co4Xktp-KoydQ

CammyGoesRawr 07-7-2020 02:45 PM

Re: Help Save 8 on the Break

My rhythm game career would not be what it is without the break, and as a current TO for champions of the coast, this sucks so much to hear. Hopefully we can all come together enough to make a big enough impact.

edit: holy fuckkk almost 5k after just 1 hour.

psychoangel691 07-7-2020 08:10 PM

They're almost at their goal, i love these communities <3

JenovaSephiroth 07-7-2020 08:17 PM

The FFR meetup of long ago was one of the first times that I've ever been to The Break, and I've been there countless times ever since

I'm really glad they're almost at their goal, that place means a lot to me and that's probably the same for a lot of us here

psychoangel691 07-7-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenovaSephiroth (Post 4733400)
The FFR meetup of long ago was one of the first times that I've ever been to The Break, and I've been there countless times ever since

I'm really glad they're almost at their goal, that place means a lot to me and that's probably the same for a lot of us here

Yeah, I don't get there as often living in MD now but I'd be so sad if they disappeared. They've exceeded their goal now. I'm actually hoping they exceed it enough to fully pay off the taxes and not just the back taxes so they have some breathing room. It's awesome to see the community come together so strong.

kmay 07-7-2020 09:32 PM

Wow this is amazing. Love this community so much can't believe i've left it for so long

Sky Kitten 07-7-2020 10:34 PM

This is all wholesome. They reached their goal and then some. :)

So glad when communities come together to do this.

MixMasterLar 07-8-2020 03:08 PM

Oh wow problem solved by the time I even hear about it

Never been, but glad it'll still be there

psychoangel691 07-8-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4733489)
Oh wow problem solved by the time I even hear about it

Never been, but glad it'll still be there

One of the very few old school esc arcades left. Not filled with redemption games and junk. Also rhythm gamer paradise basically. ITG, DDR, Pump, IIDX, Popn', Teknica, ReRave, Guitar Freaks, keyboard mania, Jubeat and I'm sure I'm missing some. Oh stepmaniaX not sure if it took over ITG or if both are there cause I haven't been in a while but Kyle Ward uses the Break as a testing place for stuff. Def worth a visit if you for some reason ever find yourself in NJ haha.

revolutionomega 07-8-2020 11:39 PM

Plan on donating once I get my life together a bit this weekend. Love places like this even though I haven't actually been out there yet. Hope I can attend the meetup once this mess is over!

JenovaSephiroth 07-9-2020 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4733524)
ITG, DDR, Pump, IIDX, Popn', Teknica, ReRave, Guitar Freaks, keyboard mania, Jubeat

sadly, Technika and Keyboardmania are gone lol, everything else is still there though

psychoangel691 07-9-2020 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenovaSephiroth (Post 4733535)
sadly, Technika and Keyboardmania are gone lol, everything else is still there though

Aw man really? Both Technika machines are just gone?

CammyGoesRawr 07-9-2020 01:38 AM

If memory serves me right, a Technika cab is still there but it's just been taking up space. I really wish it was running though, it was one of the first hand-oriented rhythm games I got to play that wasn't A console game like Parappa or Gitaroo Man.

Also, the ITG dedicab and SMX cab are there together, and the 573 in the back corner is running Ace, so. but that cb is in such rough shape to play anything over a 14 reliably haha.

queue- 07-9-2020 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CammyGoesRawr (Post 4733538)
If memory serves me right, a Technika cab is still there but it's just been taking up space. I really wish it was running though, it was one of the first hand-oriented rhythm games I got to play that wasn't A console game like Parappa or Gitaroo Man.

Also, the ITG dedicab and SMX cab are there together, and the 573 in the back corner is running Ace, so. but that cb is in such rough shape to play anything over a 14 reliably haha.

sounds worth saving

TC_Halogen 07-9-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queue- (Post 4733541)
sounds worth saving

It is worth saving. It's a legacy of rhythm gaming. If it weren't worth saving, the community wouldn't have poured $27,000 at the drop of a hat.

The memories and friendships made far outweigh this.

dAnceguy117 07-9-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queue- (Post 4733541)
sounds worth saving

so did you miss the rest of the games listed, or...?

psychoangel691 07-9-2020 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4733554)
so did you miss the rest of the games listed, or...?

And that's just the rhythm games I didn't even list all the fighting games that have a community surrounding them, the huge line of pinball machines, their awesome break steaks and it's where I got to meet with so many FFR friends.

CammyGoesRawr 07-10-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4733559)
And that's just the rhythm games I didn't even list all the fighting games that have a community surrounding them, the huge line of pinball machines, their awesome break steaks and it's where I got to meet with so many FFR friends.

i think the first or second time i went there was when i met you and aj, and kmay! (and maybe someone else?)

kmay 07-11-2020 08:22 AM

seems like so long ago I haven't been there in ages