Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   idea: ffr "pokemon-style" collectathon minigame (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=140099)

s1rnight 12-15-2014 10:25 PM

idea: ffr "pokemon-style" collectathon minigame

hullo! this might be a bit of a mundane/offbeat idea but i thought it might be at least worth sharing. i had an idea for a game where you could "collect" other users via catching them in pokemon.

at any time you are logged in you will be able to see a pokemon-style "patch of grass" on the left side of the screen. if you choose to walk in it a battle will occur with a random FFR user, granted they have picked out an avatar and have logged in that day.

the pokemon's level is decided via an average of the "Z1-Z4" metrics of trumpet62 and silvuh's "zenith score", rounded up to the nearest integer. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=139128).

users will get ten pokeballs per day where they can have a shot at "catching" a user, in the following way. a screen will pop up (in the style of the "centre" of the pokeball) with a ten-second randomised excerpt of a song with a difficulty matching the opponent's level (or closest thereof). those interested in catching the pokemon are required to "AAA" the excerpt to succeed.

successfully caught pokemon will be viewable in the user's profile with the level at time of catching. people may catch & display multiple of the same user (at different levels if their zenith score has changed) if they wish, or release ones they don't like.

i could see decent replay value with trying for "high-level" users, or rare users that don't log in very often. a "credits store" could also be tied in for people wishing to purchase or sell rare or difficult users to catch.

(any questions welcome~!)

MinaciousGrace 12-15-2014 10:35 PM

Re: idea: ffr "pokemon-style" collectathon minigame

if i catch hi19 can i use the stepmania move trainer to have him unlearn trilly jumpstream

s1rnight 12-15-2014 10:50 PM

i'm not quite sure how moves would work out! i did have an idea for "battles" though, particularly in multiplayer. each attack would involve subjecting the opponent to playing an excerpt of a song in a range of your pokemon's "level", with the opponent's defense resting on how well they cleared the excerpt.

i can see it operating on something like 100% - ("your score" / "maximum score for excerpt in combo scoring") for how much damage your pokemon would take, so a combo breaker in the middle could be quite deadly. if there is a way to analyse what patterns are prevalent (trills, rolls etc) in excerpts at a glance i could see people intentionally trying to trip their opponents with patterns they would be more likely to find difficult to clear

choof 12-15-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 4246864)
if i catch hi19 can i use the stepmania move trainer to have him unlearn trilly jumpstream

catch middie and park him in the pc so he can never send files again

Wayward Vagabond 12-15-2014 11:36 PM

This is neat

MarcusHawkins 10-31-2015 01:19 PM

Bump. I like this idea, too bad the thread died almost a year ago. This would be a cool feature the developers could add for you profile!

YoshL 10-31-2015 02:14 PM

i think while this is a cool idea, it's not going to be put high up on the development queue, given site revamps in general are still happening, backend stuff with leaderboards, and (100% unconfirmed) hopefully an engine that can mitigate the lag that flash usually generates

XelNya 10-31-2015 04:24 PM

There's also a problem with how pokemon related it is.

Trumpet63 10-31-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rnight (Post 4246862)
trumpet62

Not me, that's my cousin >_>

But yeah, this is a cool idea, albeit a... challenging one. I like the concept of the ten second excerpt.