Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

Funnygurl555 04-27-2020 06:53 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727426)
Idk man I didnít roll the dice

do you think you've done anything that points to your towniness?

jessiebessie 04-27-2020 06:55 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727414)
why are you getting weird vibes?

I don't know how to insert multiple posts in a response, but I just went through his posts again and these were my takeaways:
-seems to be focusing on really weird stuff. I explained earlier that it felt like focusing on the weird timing of the first posts of a few players felt like a ~move~ to excuse not actively trying to solve the game in D0.
-actually posted about no lynch D0 in post #120ó those who propose no lynch are scum in my book (this is a weaker scum tell, but I didnít want to leave it out)
-is now focusing on the conspiracy that fg and leetic are wolfing together, which is possible but again feels like a weird possibility to focus on
-idk I just get the vibe that haiku is tunneling so hard on weird conspiracies because he doesnít actually need to solve the game and doing so provides enough content to seem towny

Bolth mannn 04-27-2020 06:56 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727428)
do you think you've done anything that points to your towniness?



I donít really know?

Mechanically, probably not

Iím just tryna figure things out in my own little way, trusting Iíll do something right at some point lol

flashflash account 04-27-2020 06:56 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727425)
I already have my lil 7yo neph staring over my shoulder asking "why are you reading this?" "why aren't you playing Hollow Knight??" LOL

he should know this game is much better

jessiebessie 04-27-2020 06:58 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4727429)
I don't know how to insert multiple posts in a response, but I just went through his posts again and these were my takeaways:
-seems to be focusing on really weird stuff. I explained earlier that it felt like focusing on the weird timing of the first posts of a few players felt like a ~move~ to excuse not actively trying to solve the game in D0.
-actually posted about no lynch D0 in post #120ó those who propose no lynch are scum in my book (this is a weaker scum tell, but I didnít want to leave it out)
-is now focusing on the conspiracy that fg and leetic are wolfing together, which is possible but again feels like a weird possibility to focus on
-idk I just get the vibe that haiku is tunneling so hard on weird conspiracies because he doesnít actually need to solve the game and doing so provides enough content to seem towny

@fg, what are your thoughts on haku right now?

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 07:09 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
No lynch D0 was better than psychoangel flipping town.

The leetic/FG scenario is literally how I would have played this game as a wolf.

This is simply things to consider. No lynch has obviously 0 value at this point.

Xiz 04-27-2020 07:12 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
@leetic, why funnygurl for the check

Funnygurl555 04-27-2020 07:18 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4727432)
@fg, what are your thoughts on haku right now?

i've been reading the haku tinfoils as town but you're right this could be him as scum too

scum haku's just a scary world no one wants to see

Funnygurl555 04-27-2020 07:19 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
alright haku's not a town read for me anymore he's null

Funnygurl555 04-27-2020 07:21 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727430)
I donít really know?

Mechanically, probably not

Iím just tryna figure things out in my own little way, trusting Iíll do something right at some point lol

yeah i mean that's fair but also no guarantees that my vote won't be on you come eod

what are the bolth tells: this game i'll learn

Funnygurl555 04-27-2020 07:24 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727435)
i've been reading the haku tinfoils as town but you're right this could be him as scum too

scum haku's just a scary world no one wants to see

oh i've also been reading him as town because of his quips with different people in the thread. it looks like he had legit criticisms of other people's plays

but admittedly my haku read was one that hasn't changed since early game which i guess isn't that bad but

flashflash account 04-27-2020 07:29 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727433)
No lynch D0 was better than psychoangel flipping town.

I disagree

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 07:32 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
MML/Leetic feels very incompatible because MML did make a case on leetic, pushed there and stayed there until the end.

Makes me feel like W/W is very unlikely because I think that's overkill D0.

flashflash account 04-27-2020 07:41 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727440)
MML/Leetic feels very incompatible because MML did make a case on leetic, pushed there and stayed there until the end.

Makes me feel like W/W is very unlikely because I think that's overkill D0.

how serious are you about leetic/fg being partners?

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 07:44 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727441)
how serious are you about leetic/fg being partners?

Depends on how the game unfold.

Me getting null read here by Funny is sketchy imo.

I'm slowly become the new you where finding my partners doesn't make sense.

I kind of want to solve leetic vs MML here, but I'm not sure if there's better priorities and why.

Bolth mannn 04-27-2020 07:48 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Is it not fair to assume that since thereís been no counterclaim, Leetic is legit?

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 07:48 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727443)
Is it not fair to assume that since thereís been no counterclaim, Leetic is legit?

It cannot be proven until we have more claims blablabla.

flashflash account 04-27-2020 07:49 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727443)
Is it not fair to assume that since thereís been no counterclaim, Leetic is legit?

the setup may not have a 1x cop in it, but that's information that's likely to be known before mylo
the setup having a full cop makes it a little less unlikely, but still possible

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 07:57 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727445)
the setup may not have a 1x cop in it, but that's information that's likely to be known before mylo
the setup having a full cop makes it a little less unlikely, but still possible

So, how do you know that without knowing the TTT etc. from wolf team ?

Bolth mannn 04-27-2020 07:58 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Right, but until we can prove otherwise, we should probably be looking elsewhere, no?

flashflash account 04-27-2020 08:04 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727446)
So, how do you know that without knowing the TTT etc. from wolf team ?

idk
I don't do setup math, I just listen to the person who does it and it always seems to work out
I really, really hate C9++

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 08:10 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727448)
idk
I don't do setup math, I just listen to the person who does it and it always seems to work out
I really, really hate C9++

The mass claim doesn't solve the game the way you think.

You figure out that people are lying when the amount of VTs and town PRs doesn't match something that makes sense.

You don't directly solve it from the setup letters unless you're the wolf team.

Xiz 04-27-2020 08:53 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727443)
Is it not fair to assume that since thereís been no counterclaim, Leetic is legit?

just like meeeeeee

Xiz 04-27-2020 08:55 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727448)
idk
I don't do setup math, I just listen to the person who does it and it always seems to work out
I really, really hate C9++

will you listen to me if im the one who does it because legit nobody is doing it and im not sure if people trust me even if i do it

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 08:55 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
2 players with a 1-shot role ?

What a meme setup.

Xiz 04-27-2020 09:00 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727452)
2 players with a 1-shot role ?

What a meme setup.

more real then ya think

done a c9+++ with like 4 doctors

anything can happen if the letters work

flashflash account 04-27-2020 09:00 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4727451)
will you listen to me if im the one who does it because legit nobody is doing it and im not sure if people trust me even if i do it

I will, even if I think you're a wolf

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 09:00 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
I think Xiz is more likely to be town than leetic because he was at a higher risk to get CC'd.

flashflash account 04-27-2020 09:05 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
streaming sekiro again if anyone wants to watch

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 09:05 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
leetic almost died D0 and didn't even blink an eye too.

Xiz 04-27-2020 09:07 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727454)
I will, even if I think you're a wolf

will in a bit, just started ffxiv with partner ill bbl but will do

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 09:50 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727457)
leetic almost died D0 and didn't even blink an eye too.

That being said, the same applies to leetic on a lesser degree.

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 02:37 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Gonna park my vote on dbp for now

I'll be on a bit later tonight and I'll definitely be back at least an hour before EoD, but its almost sleeping time in Australia.

Really want to see more from shadow and dusk as well.

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 03:02 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Duskfall
weird vibes off duskfall's repeated "i'm a wolf" jokes in the beginning. went a bit farther like he didn't know where to stop / got uncomfortable and felt going farther was better
ugh duskfall coming back with #504 and #507 makes me physically uncomfortable from the awkwardness. I remember dusk being a formidable force, and I hope he goes back to that because all this "look at me I'm towny I'll even joke about beeing a woof and joke about not bothering to solve the game and joke about randomizing lynch and say other people are townier than me" is lightweight nauseating
#783 "I want to know why you were suggesting me and ulle as partners, I don't really care if you are sticking with or not i want to know the full process of how you got there" looks good in retrospect to be cautious of being tied to ulle, indicates not knowing she's town. this follows #729, #742, and #765 asking the same question trying to get thru to Haku. Persistence looks good too, though its all he responded to in 60 posts across an hour of checking in
#789 last post before leaving thru EoD. this was EoD 1h-38m.

DBP pulling a Precarious here on the mad mechanics is meh
oh he's self aware about it. -"I hate that so many of my posts have been about this but I think it's important to establish the "why"" - this is honestly fair. even reading up, I could see myself getting caught in the argument of lynching inactives D0 vs going after active wolves, so I can relate to getting caught in it while hating that its consuming my time
#387 "I was gonna wait for Xiz to come back but I'll just elaborate on this now " good intro to a good catch on the SK thing. the only peeps thinking about SK before a flip are usually woofs tryna fish.
#420 yup yup yup DBP might be good after all
#832 vote on psycho seems to be following up on voting inactives and following Xiz. EoD -43m


Leetic
leetic called out ull for a "typical scum intro" but then did the same exact thing himself
leetic seems hyperfocused on MML for what I don't see as productive reasons, but this: " Is it bad that this is the closest thing to a read that I have seen from you? I mean, we can criticize inactives but you have posted more than anyone else and your ISO is rather shallow." post to DBP pinged me as genuine frustration
#548 calls out xiz saying he didn't want to be top poster as a deflection. makes sense, could be a genuine thought (or just riding the anti-xiz wave?)
#861 comes back for the first time since the xiz claim with a vote on FFA, then drops slank for EoD in the following post. #861 was just 2 minutes after FG joined FFA and MML in expressing discomfort at the absence.
#928 a vote on psycho at EoD -1m (self-pres just in case?) after staying silent and watching the count. votes were 5/4 split after Bolth voted leetic so it'd be too close for comfort without a self pres, though his silence is definitely sus. idk what FFA is waiting for but this better be god-tier
#comes out as 1shot cop with a greencheck on FG with a great soft. there's worlds to look at here but what's actionable right now is accepting the claim and check as is


FFA
FFA town. response to DBP shift solid. WAAAAAAAIT #490 is a craftier FFA that's way more wolf!FFA than any town I've ever seen him. really really sus. it's a good post coming from anyone else
#552, 555, 556 good progression going into the frustration in #562
#602 vibing with this man, FFA's reactions to the whole Xiz thing have been primo meld
#722 avoids a really easy opportunity to go for an easy lynch that's building momentum by saying no after being asked if he'd vote ulle, then says MML's pov against FG's read is really pure. Looks great in retrospect.
#848 after pushing FG wagon, reminds FG he's openminded but "as a whole you just seem less invested in resolving specific slots than usual. what does that mean? idk. but I'm surprised nobody wants to vote you"
#875 ??? leetic is lock town pending the intensity and focus of their case against FFA... after having disappeared for nearly half the phase? if you haven't elaborated on this, I'm curious whyyyyyy
#907 votes psycho EoD-5mins after a VC where its 3/3/2 for leetic/psycho/FG with a note "I still think xiz is wolfing. just following mech" which is the most oddly compliant I've ever seen FFA. Considering I've seen him hold his vote on a target alone thru EoD and not regret it the next day, this is a strange departure. @FFA what's changed?


FG
not liking this hovering from FG. seems off. like a general overt "i'm your friiiieeeeeend" while posting more just seems like she's writing to mask her inactive wolf meta of late
#405 a solidly townh post from FG in response to MML's prod. also "i think no one has been satisfied with his recent play style" wrt DBP is lw such a burn tho.
nice, turning the page from writing Haku town and first post on the new page is FG: "haku's town god bless"
the posts
#658 hard defense *again* on leetic. knowing someone's town meta is not the same thing as being able to recognize their wolfgame
#705 sudden switch to "i mean we /can/ kill jess i'd feel bad about it but we /can/" after pushing a Ulle lynch for the last few posts is weird considering the only time jessie's been mentioned in over 100 posts is Ulle herself leaving jessie as one of her suspicions before leaving.. basically backs up as soon as Ulle provides an alternative to leetic
#731 unvotes as momentum around ulle shifts away, then votes jess.
#757 FG asks FFA about dusk and says she's gonna ISO him, then quotes one post and stops her ISO with "I guess I don't gotta finish isoing him thanks FFA" when FFA says "dusk is ok"
#775 "I'm faking most of the confidence but confidence is there" wrt leetic... I'm realizing part of my issue with FG is that it feels like she's just throwing shit everywhere to see what sticks and then walking back anything that feels tough
#856 "yeah leetic wth" agreeing with FFA/MML saying leetic's absence has them worried. feels wrong to walk back the hard leetic defense, but I could see this being due to the prolonged absence getting her nervous as well
#885 "reiterating my intention to vote psychoangel if she doesn't show up" cmonn psycho is below the post minimum EoD -14m and no one has noticed she's below post minimum ughh
#917 finally votes psycho after waiting to EoD -3m.. I can't remember the last time FG's been this careful to project her vote ahead in an EoD
oh nice #926 switches to jess "y'all don't need my psycho vote jess is scum" this is more like FG EoDs lol
daaaang greenchecked! by.. leetic..! whelp, I'll accept this for now. in any case, this will play itself out one way or another.


Haku
Haku town. #410 especially so town even tho the point is misdirected.
#461 hahahahahahahahahaha omg Haku town
#522 huh. why not consider duskfall til D3? that's a hard defense for an iffy recipient, with a pushed vote on Xiz to further the point.
mmmm I really don't like #524-527. It feels like a contrived stance after the #522 defense. If dusk flips red, I think Haku will merit a much closer look
#536 is a return to a much more normal town Haku tone. Asking Xiz to engage him even if only for Xiz to get support from others
#545 "I beg you" ok nvm Haku can be town again
#735 to FG's jessie vote "oh cmon here, you're even the one that said she was busy with life stuff" *so pure*
#773 asking FG out of the blue if she's confident about leetic then following up with "a second opinion could be meaningful here" looks good


Xiz
Xiz coming, making light of the SK ish by claiming SK then dipping out is so Xiz it's frustrating, though I wish he'd have elaborated on his thoughts at the time
#518 is a fair intent, though I can't remember a time in the last 4 years where Xiz has been top poster
#519 yesssss someone drawing heat on duskfall
interaction with Haku puts Xiz in a good light
okay weird turnaround. @Xiz if you haven't answered this yet, why did Dusk go from lowest to 2nd highest town?
#565 is possibly the weirdest post in the game so far. it deserves being quoted in its entirety to draw back to the WTF " because reasons. I rather die and get mislynched here then tell you. I don't believe in you ffa, i believe in my top town to win." even after reading the claim the next post, this post still makes 0 sense.
#583 reads like truly genuine frustration at Haku, but I think that's an easy source to tap into, especially given the irrelevance of Haku to the situation. all Haku said in the last ~20 posts was "I don't believe the claim".
#591, 594, 599 okay. so you were frustrated 'cause you wanted to pull something bigbrained off and then got upset and blamed other ppl when it blew up in your face. now you want to act haughty and say its because you're dealing with lvl 1 players? this whole thing stinks and its hard to believe you're truly indignant about a mess of your own creation.
#712 "duskfall is off the table" why, again? or is it still too early to answer?
vote on psycho at #738 at EoD - 2h42m, too early to think she won't meet postcount so that's a fine inactive vote
#896 "funny is a really really bad lynch today" EoD-11m, still holding psycho vote, doesn't answer "why" from bolth
#931 rescinds/resends his 1shot vig claim at :00 after phase timer okayyy haha there's a lotta ways this can go, let's see #chaos play out
#959/964 re-claims 1shot, shot leetic but blocked or hit vest


Bolth
this bolth person seems genuine. yo @bolth you got much experience playing maf?
" It's worse when you grow up with Bolth as your last name and everyone spelling it wrong so now whenever I read the word 'both' I do a double take cause I think its my name. " but is it pronounced bolT, bolTH, boTH, or BOAT??????
#503 following an introspective conversation, "Problem with my solving last game was it was entirely gut reads. Maybe it's easier to stick with those kinds of reads when the phases are only 12 hours long, but my initial gut reads of scum in this game make less and less sense the more I think about them" considering this was in response to FFA telling him he was 2 for 2 in the previous game, I'm viewing the uncertainty as more likely to come from town here.
#883 been awhile. I think 503 was his last post aside from his re-entrance at 878, so he's missed a lot and even at 503 he was sorely lacking real reads. anyway, #883 calls out DBP as out of character for not pushing wagons at EoD. this is more AI of bolth to notice that than it is for DBP imo
follows this by a vote on FG after being asked by MML to stick a vote sooner than later (EoD - 13m)
BOLTH MY GUY #927 votes leetic with a "I think leetic is scummier than psycho" and notices "has psycho even made 5 posts?"


MML
MML causing this clusterfuck and being proud of it looks bad. pushing the inactive lynch is expected from MML. Hell, I agree with it. but pushing it to the point of letting it consume thread and then being proud of that is not good.
#579 yessss GO MML way to focus on the right shit. call Xiz on that BS "big brain" move
#602 first player to move on past Xiz and take the mechanically correct step of accepting the claim and moving on, despite how easy it might have been to push Xiz further and call the claim fake. Follows up with #611 which puts MML at a high town read for making what he knew was the correct move mechanically but then being unable to move on past Xiz' weirdness and so asked to explain the reversal on dusk.
MML defending Ulle when there's some pressure on her from FG and then FFA/Xiz looks good on him in retrospect. Beyond that, #709 goes farther in analyzing *why* FG is pushing Ulle and attributes it to defending leetic. really liking MML at this point


Jessie
#805 jessie has had very few posts til this point. her posts contributing a relevant thought can be counted on one hand. this interaction struck me as odd for some reason so I'm including it here, starting with #805 to FG "What changed your mind?" wrt to unvoting Ulle (then "you do you, I guess" as an aside in response to FG's vote switch onto her) -> FG responds, "she won't be around" -> jess, "I mean I guess thatís okay for D0, but if you genuinely think someone is a wolf later on in the game, I donít think them not being here for EOD should save them." -> FG, "I agree"


Part 1 lol I did what I said I wouldn't do and actually got lost in the thread reading it instead of skimming it. Glad I did though. I got a lot of background to the EoD that I never would've had the context for otherwise.
oh, bear in mind that the notes are fully chronological for each name and so if I start with "x town" for instance, it doesn't mean I think that way at the end.

Sorry for the complete lack of formatting and editing. I thought I'd be able to catch up by now and have time to proofread, but as it is you get a completely unedited rough dump of my thoughts and I'ma go play some hollow knight and try to process that EoD / SoD and the possible worlds stemming from them before sleeping.

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 03:11 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
also y'all really did lynch psycho when she had less posts than the minimum.

I'm still confused as to how nobody raised an objection that she was below the post requirement. I mean, I'd be willing to wager someone in the scumteam figured it out but going through EoD nobody gave any indication of that so its impossible to read into

The only person who even brought up the requirement is Bolth, but that was as a question and it was like <5m to EoD

Makilaz 04-28-2020 03:24 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Vote Count:
4/28 @ 19:00

00:59 = GOOD
00:00 = BAD

==============

Xiz [1]
MixMasterLar

jessiebessie [1]
Hakulyte

ShadoWolfe [1]
flashflash account

Bolth mannn [1]
Xiz

flashflash account [1]
leetic

DaBackpack [1]
Bolth mannn

flashflash account 04-28-2020 03:28 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727472)
also y'all really did lynch psycho when she had less posts than the minimum.

I'm still confused as to how nobody raised an objection that she was below the post requirement. I mean, I'd be willing to wager someone in the scumteam figured it out but going through EoD nobody gave any indication of that so its impossible to read into

The only person who even brought up the requirement is Bolth, but that was as a question and it was like <5m to EoD

it crossed my mind, but I was too lazy to check min postcount and I don't have any problem with lynching a doomed slot from a game integrity pov

that being said, it's a lot better than the alternative wagon rn

Duskfall 04-28-2020 03:31 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
can we leave the votes like this please

Hakulyte 04-28-2020 03:33 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
ShadoWolfe's reads seems to align toward a Duskfall/Jessie/DBP team.

I was definitely aware of the postcount thing too. Similar conclusion as FFA.

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 03:35 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727470)
but is it pronounced bolT, bolTH, boTH, or BOAT??????MML

bolTH :P

Quote:

MML causing this clusterfuck and being proud of it looks bad. pushing the inactive lynch is expected from MML. Hell, I agree with it. but pushing it to the point of letting it consume thread and then being proud of that is not good.
#579 yessss GO MML way to focus on the right shit. call Xiz on that BS "big brain" move
#602 first player to move on past Xiz and take the mechanically correct step of accepting the claim and moving on, despite how easy it might have been to push Xiz further and call the claim fake. Follows up with #611 which puts MML at a high town read for making what he knew was the correct move mechanically but then being unable to move on past Xiz' weirdness and so asked to explain the reversal on dusk.
MML defending Ulle when there's some pressure on her from FG and then FFA/Xiz looks good on him in retrospect. Beyond that, #709 goes farther in analyzing *why* FG is pushing Ulle and attributes it to defending leetic. really liking MML at this point
Isn't MML still trying to lynch Xiz though?

Still analysing everything else you've said but that stood out to me in particular

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 03:35 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
oops didnt mean to leave the bolded mml in

Duskfall 04-28-2020 03:43 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727375)
haha 'ight ima sign up let's do this for real duskfall

I was gonna but I dont really like vote for town game :(

Funnygurl555 04-28-2020 03:47 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4727480)
I was gonna but I dont really like vote for town game :(

hm? what do ya mean :O

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 03:47 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
I feel like I could see a Shadow, Dusk and MML team, shadow did go hard on Dusk in that big post though so perhaps swap one of them, probably dusk, with DBP or Jessie

Funnygurl555 04-28-2020 03:49 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
maaaaaaaaaaan ulli why'd you have to leave. you were hard to read but shado's even tougher x.x

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 03:51 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727476)
ShadoWolfe's reads seems to align toward a Duskfall/Jessie/DBP team.

I was definitely aware of the postcount thing too. Similar conclusion as FFA.

What specifically got you those three names from Shadow's post?

Hakulyte 04-28-2020 03:54 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
I guess I projected what I thought would make sense for me in these reads rather than what Shadow really thinks.

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 03:55 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727477)
Isn't MML still trying to lynch Xiz though?

Still analysing everything else you've said but that stood out to me in particular

What does MML trying to lynch Xiz this phase have to do with his actions last phase?

Last phase, he pushed to move off Xiz from a mechanical standpoint of letting unCC'd claims stay until the claims resolve themselves or the PRs die. Xiz has since shot his shot. His utility is the same as a villager now, so lynching him comes down to whether or not you believe his claim ó as well as some strategic considerations that you're free to take into account. My own thoughts notwithstanding, I can see absolutely see MML's perspective on reasons why Xiz is viable this phase. That doesn't impact my read on MML's actions last phase.

Does that make sense?

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 03:59 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727486)
Does that make sense?

Yea my bad

Some of your reads like Leetic included things in this phase so I assumed you were talking about this phases shenanigans too

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:11 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727476)
ShadoWolfe's reads seems to align toward a Duskfall/Jessie/DBP team.

That's pretty close, actually. I've only partially skimmed this phase, so I can't fully answer that buuuut

I think at this point I think Dusk is the scummiest barring slots that will resolve themselves.

As for the other two,
I'm really not sure about Jessie 'cause she's posted so little, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. She had little real content last phase, and what there was wasn't exactly insightful. FG thinks she's scummy which may be a good sheep given the check, but I'd pursue Dusk first.

DBP this phase seems better than DBP last phase, and I didn't have much against him last phase so I don't think I'd include him here yet.

I'd put Xiz well above DBP in terms of my suspicion. I really didn't like him last phase or believe his claim too much, but it does exist un-counterclaimed by either a different claim or the setup Letters, so I think it may be wise to give him more time until a contradiction in possible worlds appears.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727476)
I was definitely aware of the postcount thing too. Similar conclusion as FFA.

You were aware of the postcount requirement or aware that psycho was below it?
but fair point, it ended up being a good thing that the lynch didn't fall on leetic.

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:12 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727483)
maaaaaaaaaaan ulli why'd you have to leave. you were hard to read but shado's even tougher x.x

<3 u 2 b00

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:15 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
k I'm off for the night. it got really late really fast
g'night

Duskfall

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 04:16 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727488)
DBP this phase seems better than DBP last phase, and I didn't have much against him last phase so I don't think I'd include him here yet.

He hasn't posted this phase?

flashflash account 04-28-2020 04:18 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
First few posts in the iso are memes, but we gradually get into less meme territory as dbp hones in on other posts. Notably dbp actually catches an inconsistency in bolt's meme post, in which bolt says "I don't see myself voting backpack this phase" or something to that effect and actually does end up voting dbp. Additionally, the callout of funnygurl for voting tforce feels very down-to-business in the same way.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726245)
I'm at the point where all advocating for inactive lynch is NAI-- MML is doing a good thing by pushing it, but there's no town points there anymore

if he doesn't put UP on top of that, he's suspicious

Given current discussion regarding dbp (and inactives), I do like this post though, dbp notes there's no townpants to pursue inactive lynches, yet defends the inactive lynches anyway. I think this errs toward the towny sort of inconsistency, there's no mental boundaries that dbp has set, their posts are being open and honest.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726259)
duskfall is town

saying it now for the post-game

Posts like this are something I consider hallmarks of how dbp approaches the game, and the bluntness is something I appreciate. They're also superficially towny, and dbp is more than aware of this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726270)
I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility, I ask for certain specific statements because I want to know if you think that this player is capable of conjuring this specific reasoning not as a townie

i.e. sometimes there are statements that don't sound like a wolf would originally conceive of or default to.

This quote (and the ones preceding it) gives a lot of partner equity to dabackpack and uli-wolfe imo. Just putting it here for future me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726344)
gonna let this feud go on but have a general comment on this later

worth noting this if dbp ever follows up on it

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726364)
idk it feels like I've actually been game-solving, at least in how I'm using my brain, engaging in Socratic discussion with people

at any rate, I think MML, Haku, Xelnya, DUsk are towny
you are leaning-town but that also depends on how you engage after you dig on MML
Of course in terms of actual lynching psycho, jessie, and xiz is the best pool. Xiz in particular I want to directly engage with because reasons.

rest I'm not focusing on so far, maybe ully and bolt on the scummier end of null

wait, dbp says "i've been solving" and ties it to discussion with "people"
then lists 4 players that they haven't interacted with outside of casual messing around...
elaboration needed

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726373)
what I was going to say to leetic earlier was that I don't think MML's reaction to leetic voting him is that unusual. I'm more accustomed to town reactions being something like his, or "why?", and asking for actual reasoning

if the voter has a bad case, or a single-liner, townies are more likely not throw a bitch-fit about it, unless the voter is really insistent on the vote

leetic's one stated argument is not compelling to me, and MML's reactions to it are mostly what I would expect from towny MML

that's all I have to say about that atm

well, here's the followup
it isn't much but it does seem to be a legit thought dbp has here

dbp's iso after this is broad "here's how I play" strokes

ultimately on reread I see some red flags, and while I was going to continue isoing I'm just gonna drop a vote here and peace out till later
dbp

outside of the red flags the iso is generically towny and it's easy to see why I came away with a town lean on the slot while interacting
I maybe still town read dbp? But regardless they need to be here so I do like this vote.

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:19 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727491)
He hasn't posted this phase?

He hasn't? I coulda sworn he was posting around the time MML and FFA were coalescing against Xiz, but I may have gotten names confused.

Like I said, I haven't really read this phase so I may have gotten the names confused. uuughhh now I gotta go check

flashflash account 04-28-2020 04:19 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727469)
Gonna park my vote on dbp for now

I'll be on a bit later tonight and I'll definitely be back at least an hour before EoD, but its almost sleeping time in Australia.

Really want to see more from shadow and dusk as well.

oop

flashflash account 04-28-2020 04:20 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727492)

This quote (and the ones preceding it) gives a lot of partner equity to dabackpack and uli-wolfe imo. Just putting it here for future me.

[tinfoil intensifies]

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:20 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727493)
He hasn't? I coulda sworn he was posting around the time MML and FFA were coalescing against Xiz, but I may have gotten names confused.

Like I said, I haven't really read this phase so I may have gotten the names confused. uuughhh now I gotta go check

You're right. he hasn't.
idk where I got that from, mb.

maybe I should play with avatars enabled after all :shrug:

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:26 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727495)
[tinfoil intensifies]

go to sleep lol

g'night

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 04:29 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727492)
Notably dbp actually catches an inconsistency in bolt's meme post, in which bolt says "I don't see myself voting backpack this phase" or something to that effect and actually does end up voting dbp.

It was part of the meme :( I was happy when dbp noticed it cause it was my favourite part to write lol

Hakulyte 04-28-2020 04:29 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727483)
maaaaaaaaaaan ulli why'd you have to leave. you were hard to read but shado's even tougher x.x

I thought ShadoWolfe was an easy town read here. Oops.

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 04:33 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727499)
I thought ShadoWolfe was an easy town read here. Oops.

He's certainly put in the effort

flashflash account 04-28-2020 04:33 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727498)
It was part of the meme :( I was happy when dbp noticed it cause it was my favourite part to write lol

as funny and cool as this is, I'm more interested in dbp actually "solving" your post
it's a good look

flashflash account 04-28-2020 04:34 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
shado, you attributed post #602 to me but I looked back and that's by MML
not sure how you could have confused that, what gives?

flashflash account 04-28-2020 04:34 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
I almost feel bad for sussing wolfe here because of how much effort they've put in to catch up, but I'm getting bad juju

flashflash account 04-28-2020 04:38 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
also lowkey kinda triggered that my catch on bolt is "a good post from anyone else"

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 05:08 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727502)
shado, you attributed post #602 to me but I looked back and that's by MML
not sure how you could have confused that, what gives?

It was #607 that I vibed with you on. #602 I did attribute to MML and commented on that too in his section in a close timeframe, so I prolly just wrote 602 for your 607 directly after writing the real 602 and got the numbers crossed.

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 05:14 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727503)
I almost feel bad for sussing wolfe here because of how much effort they've put in to catch up, but I'm getting bad juju

yeah yeah. go to sleep fam, I'd already be conked out so hard if I could T-T

and suss if you like for now, you're better than most at reading me ó just as I am at reading you ó so I'm psure you'll change your mind by day's end ;)

Funnygurl555 04-28-2020 05:19 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
shado's scary y'all don't just town read him for "effort" this is the same guy that handed me the win in trailer park boys

Funnygurl555 04-28-2020 05:25 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
i wish i could sleep but alas, alas, i think i got a grand total of 2 hrs and i'm awake now. luckily i don't work tomorrow (i'll be here for eod again!). i'm naturally a night owl so doing the normal people sleep schedule thing is just hard for me

also this has been eating at me for a bit but if i seem harsh this game, i wanna apologize, especially to the newcomers. i've been trying this "aggro" thing out but by doing so i'm less friendly than i wanna be. especially to bolth, if i seem hard on you it's because i got iNsIdEr InFoRmAtIoN that you're a good player. and ulli obv wasn't a newb

also shado i'm more present because a) being town is frankly more fun because i'm worse at it and i wanna improve and b) i have the time and mental space for twg now

Funnygurl555 04-28-2020 05:27 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
i'm down to go after dbp but i feel like not having a backup wagon is also important 'cause we all know dbp's gonna come in like an hour before eod and shake up our world

anyway i'm thinking bolth. i'm not getting the pure tone stuff that shado's getting

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 05:34 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727508)
bolth, if i seem hard on you it's because i got iNsIdEr InFoRmAtIoN that you're a good player.

Lynch all liars.

nah its all good, funny, as I'm sure everyone knows, it's easy to get frustrated in this game. I suppose it feels like a lot of people (not just you, lots) tend to brush off of a lot of my reads and I do feel a lot like I'm just the new kid on the block, which I am, but its easy to feel behind and not part of the club as well.

I would like to propose Dusk or Jess as a backup lynch instead, as they have a higher chance of being scum than I do!

Jess has been even more utr this phase than last, I'm surprised you're not really pushing on that anymore, funny. I know you're still watching her interactions but still

Hakulyte 04-28-2020 05:34 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
I feel like Bolth is kinda like me this game. Sitting on the side hoping something good happens that helps feed the thoughts.

I feel like this setup is very weird if there's like no plays around the claims.

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 05:36 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727504)
also lowkey kinda triggered that my catch on bolt is "a good post from anyone else"

reason I say that it's a good post coming from anyone else is 'cause I know you can make posts like that when you want
but its rare that you choose to do so as town
and instead can be be obstinate when you're fixed on a thought, and refuse to elaborate because its obvious to you and want it to be obvious to others

so to see you elaborate in that manner and set someone up using crafty logic to the extent where bolth himself decided to reassess his whole playstyle is.. different.

but I'd say that you've played differently (in a good way) this game than any game I've played with you before

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 05:39 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727507)
shado's scary y'all don't just town read him for "effort" this is the same guy that handed me the win in trailer park boys

yes I agree, don't read me based on effort. read me based on my raw unadulterated thoughts and then based on what you think my intentions are in making a given post (aka the best way to read anyone ever)

also gee FG thanks.
and I don't think FFA was ever gonna give me a townread for effort. He was in the wolfchat with me in that trailer park game and prolly knows my wolfgame better than anyone. what he said was he "feels bad" for sussing me *after* my effort lmao

Funnygurl555 04-28-2020 05:40 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727510)
Lynch all liars.

nah its all good, funny, as I'm sure everyone knows, it's easy to get frustrated in this game. I suppose it feels like a lot of people (not just you, lots) tend to brush off of a lot of my reads and I do feel a lot like I'm just the new kid on the block, which I am, but its easy to feel behind and not part of the club as well.

I would like to propose Dusk or Jess as a backup lynch instead, as they have a higher chance of being scum than I do!

Jess has been even more utr this phase than last, I'm surprised you're not really pushing on that anymore, funny. I know you're still watching her interactions but still

ohh. i mean a lot of twg is screaming into the void and hoping someone will hear you, at least for me anyway. and i think that's a frustration that a lot of newbies have. you're defs part of the club but i mean is this a cool club? prolly not

and i'd be down for lynching jess but not dusk. i saw some solving and i was down for that so i was gonna let her be but i'm town reading others more than her

Funnygurl555 04-28-2020 05:41 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727513)
yes I agree, don't read me based on effort. read me based on my raw unadulterated thoughts and then based on what you think my intentions are in making a given post (aka the best way to read anyone ever)

also gee FG thanks.
and I don't think FFA was ever gonna give me a townread for effort. He was in the wolfchat with me in that trailer park game and prolly knows my wolfgame better than anyone. what he said was he "feels bad" for sussing me *after* my effort lmao

cool i'ma defer to ffa to make a read on you then 'cause idk how to read you 8) this is all that i got from your post

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 05:44 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727514)
and i'd be down for lynching jess but not dusk.

why not dusk?

Funnygurl555 04-28-2020 05:46 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727516)
why not dusk?

dusk is town

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 05:46 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727515)
cool i'ma defer to ffa to make a read on you then 'cause idk how to read you 8) this is all that i got from your post

lmao well he's sussing me incorrectly right now so I guess I shot myself in the foot with that one
like, he'll prolly come around but ow my foot hurts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution