Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   1st Unofficial FFR Self-Improvement Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152405)

WirryWoo 11-13-2020 04:20 PM

Re: 1st Unofficial FFR Self-Improvement Tournament

Scoreboard updated to here. Probably not going to submit any more improvements on my end since weekend will be booked with friends

Also, because this is an improvement tournament, please comment some things I can improve on as a host for next tournament in the future. Feel free to post here or message me on Discord/PM :)

I already have a few things noted mentally and will summarize at the conclusion of the tournament, but I'm open to hearing any new ideas that you all might have for an improved tournament next time. Thanks!

badman7772 11-13-2020 05:05 PM

First of all, this tournament was very well ran and I didn't see any point where something went wrong at all. Players that were ineligible were handled accordingly and had a chance to become eligible by following whatever instructions they may have been given. Also it was quite nice to have 20 songs to pick from each round instead of everything riding on one song. Even if you were rusty and you submitted something, it seems like you'll still be getting quite a bit for the efforts.

I do have a question though before I get to my suggestion.

The AAA column in the spreadsheet. Is that for if we AAA songs or is it based on how much AAA equivalency we've obtained over the course of the tournament?

Now for my suggestion. Seems that the ones that are gonna get the most credits are gonna be the ones that got the most raw score improvements on one song. Based on my experience, there wasn't as much of an incentive to fix a blackflag/low SDG on a song that's within my choice of 20 songs. I was having to choose which songs had the most raw score potential and go with that, hoping I could shave off a fairly great amount of raw goods to get something good submitted.

That leads to this: Next time, make it to where improvements on all songs count to get a combined total. This would incentivize players to fix their blackflags/low SDG's instead of leaving them alone because it'd only net them 25 points or something vs the 200 they could get on an 8g to AAA score.

It would lead to another suggestion that would come up. If you were to do all songs at once instead of just their best improvement, next flaw would be this. Players that have many more raw goods to shed than others, and actually shedding a lot of them. I don't see much that can be done about that on my end, but I'm sure together the community can come up with some sort of suggestion in that category like reward more credits per raw good shed or something for those who don't have as many. Example being Matthia with all of his AAA's in top 100.

Logman6656 11-13-2020 11:13 PM

yes

Puzzler64 11-13-2020 11:28 PM

+885. This is the best AAA Equivalency AND Full Combo I've gotten so far!

RadiantVibe 11-14-2020 01:18 AM

For some reason forgot to take a screenshot of this but pls add :)

popo55 11-14-2020 09:57 AM

hazard28 11-14-2020 10:00 AM

WirryWoo 11-14-2020 03:07 PM

Scoreboard updated to here.

I will be away for most of the evening so I am purposely sending out an earlier reminder for everyone to try and get their improvements for the hardest round in the tournament. Good luck :)

@badman7772: Thanks a ton for your feedback. :) I will address your thoughts and questions after the conclusion of the tournament if that's okay with you.

For those that haven't mentioned anything and would like to, please comment on some things I can improve on as a host for next tournament in the future. I can be reached here or on Discord/PM :)

Arbliterator 11-14-2020 06:24 PM

I really didn't think it'd take this long to back to peak skill but last week I got somewhere in the 20 goods range on this so I'm slowly getting back into shape.

I have gotten a bunch of new songs into my top 100 and improved my top 100 average to over 77 now so I'd consider that a win at least.

Thank you for hosting this tournament, hopefully I'll do better next time. :)

The~J~MaXx 11-14-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 4748844)
First of all, this tournament was very well ran and I didn't see any point where something went wrong at all. Players that were ineligible were handled accordingly and had a chance to become eligible by following whatever instructions they may have been given. Also it was quite nice to have 20 songs to pick from each round instead of everything riding on one song. Even if you were rusty and you submitted something, it seems like you'll still be getting quite a bit for the efforts.

I do have a question though before I get to my suggestion.

The AAA column in the spreadsheet. Is that for if we AAA songs or is it based on how much AAA equivalency we've obtained over the course of the tournament?

Now for my suggestion. Seems that the ones that are gonna get the most credits are gonna be the ones that got the most raw score improvements on one song. Based on my experience, there wasn't as much of an incentive to fix a blackflag/low SDG on a song that's within my choice of 20 songs. I was having to choose which songs had the most raw score potential and go with that, hoping I could shave off a fairly great amount of raw goods to get something good submitted.

That leads to this: Next time, make it to where improvements on all songs count to get a combined total. This would incentivize players to fix their blackflags/low SDG's instead of leaving them alone because it'd only net them 25 points or something vs the 200 they could get on an 8g to AAA score.

It would lead to another suggestion that would come up. If you were to do all songs at once instead of just their best improvement, next flaw would be this. Players that have many more raw goods to shed than others, and actually shedding a lot of them. I don't see much that can be done about that on my end, but I'm sure together the community can come up with some sort of suggestion in that category like reward more credits per raw good shed or something for those who don't have as many. Example being Matthia with all of his AAA's in top 100.

Basically, all my thoughts, I second Badman7772. Also, I had like half the scores AAA'd, so I also didn't have enough room for improvement (compared to people who doesn't have that much AAA's). I didn't want to say it because the idea of this tournament is to have fun and, of course, to improve. I can say I'm glad I'm here, because of the tournament, I got my first AAA on a 81 and a lot new records, along with more FMO AAA's. I'm pretty happy and satisfied about it.

trumaestro 11-14-2020 07:24 PM

My scores were pretty "optimized" going in to this so I didn't have a lot of room to improve. Neat idea for a tournament, and thanks for hosting!

MyNameIsNothing 11-15-2020 03:03 PM

havent gotten an especially good session in recently but here is a score

badman7772 11-15-2020 03:40 PM

New #1 (well tied for it) and +150 this round after this score.

alloyus 11-15-2020 04:16 PM

liloppio 11-15-2020 04:46 PM

Ultimate Mike7 11-15-2020 09:56 PM

Hooooly almost forgot to post this score, rip my D7 equivs.

Ty for hosting this tourney btw!

Arbliterator 11-15-2020 09:58 PM

Pretty sure this one is slightly better

EDIT: Or maybe this one

EDIT 2: Closer lol

WirryWoo 11-15-2020 10:40 PM

Tournament concludes in less than half an hour.

I will be livestreaming the random drawings for the cash prize winners in less than half an hour. Meet me at the Hangin' Out Voice Channel on the FFR Discord.

Dashboard updated to here.

sff_writer_dan 11-15-2020 11:09 PM

Yay, I am teh winrar!

WirryWoo 11-15-2020 11:13 PM

Round 5 is officially over!!

Congratulations to the following Top 5 Most Improved Players of the Tournament!

• sff_writer_dan
  • XJ-9
  • Janko2000
  • Kitty11296
  • jh05013

Congratulations to the following cash prize winners!

• jh05013
  • XJ-9
  • Cryolien
  • Bolth mannn
  • hazard28

Most importantly, congrats to everyone who received improvements throughout this tournament! :) Well done everyone and hope you all had a good time this tournament!

Your credits will be given within the next 24 hours! Congrats and thank you all for participating!