Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Turbo Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TWGTurbo 32: The TWG Train Rolls All Night Long GAME THREAD (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153093)

SubaruPoptart 05-5-2021 12:48 PM

Re: TWGTurbo 32: The TWG Train Rolls All Night Long GAME THREAD

When'd Raeko vote Charu? I didn't see that readin through EoD last time what

star-crossed 05-5-2021 12:50 PM

For choof to be a wolf, he has to have been deciding to bus from the get-go. choof is feeling spicy enough to make Xel a wagon again, and then there would be a very complex and nuanced interaction where choof is faking a read shift and there's some anger and frustration on both sides. This seems unlikely to me.

For roundbox to be a wolf, he gave up his agency in deciding who would die by being relatively single-minded about pressuring sun fan, even though nobody really gave indication they were willing to follow. He was very active at the day end and thus had an opportunity to sway things somewhere else if he wanted. His last post is definitely not pro-wolf: he allows Xel to stay in the majority while not even getting any credit for making Xel die.

Subaru wasn't there, and it is interesting because Xel had another option to self-pres onto Subaru. Xel had more limited time than others to actually assess things. If Subaru is town, then it makes little difference to Xel who to self-pres on, and for all I know he went on me for style points because I literally never get hanged. Lol. (Or more likely, because more people were talking about me at the time?)

I don't think that raeko voting me was inconsistent at all with her posting. I guess I just see the outcome of it as being more pro-wolf than others, and also it might make more sense for Xel to vote for me if they are both wolves. It is kind of the same deal as when I tried to put pressure on her yesterday: process of elimination leads me to want to look at her, in that she is not really doing anything wrong, but she is making a limited impact and so it may be easier to fake what she is doing.

For Freezin to be a wolf, he went for a refuge in audacity TWTBAW play by going afk and leaving a spite vote...on his wolf partner. He could not have known that this vote would turn out to be so pivotal, but he should known the risk that it would be, especially because Xel is pretty easy to get hanged a lot of the time. So, it is very interesting. It has been fun to see him be analytical today.

sun fan, I should write something more analytical about but my brain just keeps going "F U."

raeko

star-crossed 05-5-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4760906)
When'd Raeko vote Charu? I didn't see that readin through EoD last time what

I interpreted it as a joke vote, if I stumble upon it I will quote it for you though.

star-crossed 05-5-2021 01:00 PM

Also, I did not pay much attention in my summary to the fact that Charu was also at 2 votes until raeko voted me. People had not really given much thoughts on Charu's towniness or lack thereof in general I think. Subaru asking about it just now made me realize that.

Subaru, I had written to choof saying that I thought the rationale for his vote was generally sound but that I did not think it was the best thing to read Xel on, and that I had slight concerns about choof's writing style. I believe you responded to me to . I had more that I liked about choof than I didn't, and I believe that wolves enjoy when two towns are not agreeing with each other, and it can be an easy thing for them to take a stance about. So, I was speculating while waiting for choof to answer me that if somebody else responded to this conversation, they may be more likely to be a wolf. You ended up asking me some questions about my stance on it.

That all being said, it would have been more accurate to say I was voting you because of process of elimination compared to who else had at least one vote on them at the time. Charu had 2 votes for instance, and I thought you were more likely to flip wolf than Charu.

I am not explaining this because I expect you to defend yourself from it, and do not even think that is good use of your time, but just because you wanted to know.

SubaruPoptart 05-5-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4760908)
I interpreted it as a joke vote, if I stumble upon it I will quote it for you though.

ahhh OK so it wasn't a red bold vote

star-crossed 05-5-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4760674)
charu how dare you vote for hopecaster when he got sunfan to change that awful avatar

Here it is.

SubaruPoptart 05-5-2021 01:03 PM

oh wow that was super early on then tf, she just didn't change it til EoD?

star-crossed 05-5-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4760905)
Star acted in self pres, so that vote is unreadable. They had that vote on raeko beforehand, but that's about it.

My vote was actually on Subaru before it was on Xel, for a whole 15 minutes. Xel could have voted Subaru instead of me, and I probably would not have voted for Xel if he didn't vote for me. So, there is more to analyze with the circumstances than you are saying.

thesunfan 05-5-2021 01:07 PM

I'm clearing freezin and choof, and I'm at like very, very close to clear on star. I think roundbox is also almost always town. I'd have voted Charu today.

Will run it down in the remainder

star-crossed 05-5-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4760914)
I'm clearing freezin and choof, and I'm at like very, very close to clear on star. I think roundbox is also almost always town. I'd have voted Charu today.

Will run it down in the remainder

The only one of these takes I think is controversial is outright clearing Freezin, but I do not know him as well as you do.

star-crossed 05-5-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4760890)
:\ I've always had a fixation on how my votes will be seen, is the issue here. I'm definitely gonna be taking the advice this phase, but I really don't see how killing one of two people voting me when there was a whole wagon to shoot would take the heat off me whatsoever. It's only brought the heat to me.

I just wanted to say, I agree with you that personality mediates voting behavior. I experience some anxiety about voting no matter what my role is, but the reason behind the anxiety is different, depending on my role. To me, it seems like voting does not feel genuine to you when you have little to go on. I agree it is hard to do it, but it helps to create info we can talk about later, as Freezin was saying.

I ended up rereading some of my last two turbo games overnight. Comically, in one of them, Xel as town voted for ShadoWolfe in his first post and asked for other people to do it too. And choof argued in this game, that Xel not voting when making the same joke, made him more likely a wolf. And Xel actually turned out to be a wolf this time. So, it is not an exact science, but it may have some merit. Lol.

the sun fan 05-5-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4760917)
I ended up rereading some of my last two turbo games overnight. Comically, in one of them, Xel as town voted for ShadoWolfe in his first post and asked for other people to do it too. And choof argued in this game, that Xel not voting when making the same joke, made him more likely a wolf. And Xel actually turned out to be a wolf this time. So, it is not an exact science, but it may have some merit. Lol.

the sun fan 05-5-2021 01:45 PM

oh, sorry about posting on the wrong account
was reading the thread on my phone

the sun fan 05-5-2021 01:46 PM

raeko

if roundbox is a wolf, his testicles are the size of watermelons

choof 05-5-2021 01:52 PM

bottom of teh barrel bois

SubaruPoptart 05-5-2021 02:52 PM

can we climb the barrel?

mellon_collie 05-5-2021 02:53 PM

yeah I was expecting these votes LOL

I don't know how to defend myself other than saying I fucked up and was distracted, that's really all there is to it. Unfortunately I don't think that's really enough to sway you guys so I'm gonna have to actually try to solve cause that's my only course of defense in my opinion

also can I reiterate HOW MUCH I HATE THESE PHASE TIMES I've been fucking around doing minor chores/etc and totally forgot to do TWG because I am used to playing more in the evening dfjkl;gdfklxcbmz,.

Shadow_God_10 05-5-2021 03:02 PM

VOTE COUNT

Mellonxcollie (02) star-crossed, thesunfan
SubaruPoptart (01) FreezinIce

the sun fan 05-5-2021 03:34 PM

had to run 8 billion errands irl but I'm here now
probably not too much to do

sorry about yesterday star, charu was right and I was wrong (probably)

choof 05-5-2021 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4760922)
can we climb the barrel?

climbing the barrel means I put a vote back on you