Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Wiki (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130945)

noname219 01-30-2014 07:48 PM

Re: FFR Wiki

Small announcement

Reworked the List of Pages which was just too hard to manage, each update was very heavy in size anyway.
I've turned that page into a category, more flexible and convenient. The only thing is to remember to add categories when adding a song page.
edit : put some redirections (Song + List of Songs), so it's easily accessible via the search bar

noname219 01-31-2014 10:32 PM

!!! Big update !!!

Additional options were added to Template:Song, Template:Songv2 and Template:Musician. The descriptions of the cells were re-written.

Users have now the possibility of creating their own page ! You can use this template (or this template if you're a musician) to have an infobox on your page. It's not necessary, but recommended (if you don't I may add it to your user page anyway). You can write what you want but remember that the Wiki has same rules of the forums. Be respectful and factual (ie : it's a wiki).
If you don't know where to start, you can check this page to have some ideas : http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/Noname219 - it doesn't have to be this big, a few lines about you and your progress as a FFR user can suffice.

I didn't change the wiki logo, yet. That's something I want to update (sorry gold stinger :P), but I'm tempted to make this a contest (like the unsuccesful we had for the portal logos...). I'm also tempted to give out credits to people contributing to the wiki.

New sets of images, if there's no album/musician/user pictures

Improved portal logos

Old :

New :

New website icons

In order : IMDB, deviantArt, Classical Archives, Beatport, Youtube (remake) and a generic reference icon.
I plan to make some more depending on what people wants or need.

That's it for this update. I will spend more time this week starting new articles, writing a few lines (there's a lot of red) and probably managing the portals. After that, I will resume the music research (Song Corrections Thread) and update the Wiki at the same time.

Dynam0 01-31-2014 11:10 PM

Hey this is pretty awesome! Hopefully some people will take part when they have the time and fill some of the gaps in terms of information.

noname219 02-1-2014 12:28 PM

Announcement : I've decided to include monthly credit payoffs. $$$

At the end of each month, I will send send credits to users that have helped the wiki during the month. (until I have no credits left)

If you want to be eligible, make sure to create an account and tell me on this thread (or via PM) what is your user name.
I will also count relevant information on this thread. Note that the amount of credits is entirely subjective. (but I'll try to make it fair)

Monthly payoff since the start of the wiki :

Total : 37,500

Midnight and Eze, I will send you credits at the end of the month. ;)

noname219 02-2-2014 04:11 PM

Last 2-3 days were very active for the wiki (thanks Eze ;)). We were ranked 667th in January for the number of modifications. So far, in February alone, we're 29th.

I began to add/move the blanket permissions and create new pages for that. Same for label permissions, there's a new template for labels.

noname219 03-4-2014 11:52 PM

Almost forgot February's credit payoff :

Total : 105,000 + 37,500 = 142,500

I'm capping it at 100,000 credits per person per month because Eze.
Btw, hope you enjoy your new promotion. :3

Netjet! 03-5-2014 12:01 AM

Eze is now an administrator on the wiki. :) Good luck!!

gold stinger 03-5-2014 02:47 AM

noname219, I sent back 20,000 credits because I haven't done anything really productive towards the wiki in the past couple of months. Hoping more people will be able to jump on board with you, even if it's a one-time, or a one-day thing.

noname219 04-6-2014 05:20 PM

March payoffs

Total : 100,000 + 142,500 = 242,500

___________ 04-6-2014 05:56 PM

I can help with song info/tips free of charge by the way.

noname219 04-6-2014 06:00 PM

That would be cool, I think Eze has just finished adding all the songs last week.

___________ 04-6-2014 06:09 PM

That's awesome, I have lots of tips and tricks to give out for certain higher-end songs. As I said before (in my deleted post), these tips will help players know what to expect in a particular song. I remember, one problem I always had when clearing out levelranks was 'is there a tough difficulty spike in this song? A huge 32nd roll, 16th jack, or some other gay pattern?' only to have my fears invalidated.

Wayward Vagabond 04-6-2014 09:48 PM

why isnt there a stepartist section

noname219 04-6-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4112038)
why isnt there a stepartist section

http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/Category:FFR_simfile_author

It needs more work, and an article for tips regarding simfile creation would be very useful. It's not one of my priorities at the moment but that doesn't mean you can't start making one. ;)

edit : or if you meant a stepartist portal, I was planning on including that section in FFR the Game, for the moment. If it grows larger, I'll make it as a separate portal.

Sprite- 04-7-2014 01:23 AM

This seems pretty cool. Can't seem to sign up though. When I try to make an account it says username already exists. When I try to say I forgot password it says it can't find that username. Strange

Sprite-

Velocity 04-7-2014 01:25 AM

Leave the site breaking on FFR plz Sprite.

noname219 04-21-2014 10:46 PM

@ Sprite : I couldn't find what was the problem. Sorry. :/ Tell me if you happen to find a solution. I'll investigate further on that.

Some more things added on the frontpage, a news section and an activity feed summary. I reworked the layout too, it's ok for the moment, but I would like to take more time on it.

gold stinger 04-21-2014 10:49 PM

passed 3000 pages. That's some dedication. Keep up the good work.

noname219 06-9-2014 02:49 PM

April-May payoffs

Total : 75,000 + 242,500 = 317,500

Almost forgot about this. This month was less active in terms of activity (real life stuff to deal with).

At the very least, I included a News section on the front page, the Wiki will be easier to update.

gold stinger 06-9-2014 04:37 PM

Nice to see that this is still active, wish it got more of the spotlight though.