Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150022)

MixMasterLar 10-22-2018 06:45 PM

Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Also all I said was I was going to pick between inactives.

When the fuck did that turn into "Lynch Pearl"

It smells of ulterior motives if you ask me, and while Charu first mentioned anti pearl, it's InD's vote that smells the worst

Precarious 10-22-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4651882)
I thought about mass claiming while at work yesterday but since we can't tell what roles are possible that only benefits wolves.

I thought about just claiming if you asked for a role or not. Wolves probably already have an idea since their roles are affected by how many of us ask to be blue so that information probably benefits town a little more---but in the event only 2 of us asked that straight up tells the wolves who's the strongest and who to kill so I don't really favor this plan either.

I think if town ever does claim anything it's after some tangible effects happen.

So unless I'm blind, no one has talked about this post much, and we really should. Because this is a dumbtell, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4651491)
During twilight and every night phase, you may also guess the total number of human blue roles and attempt to sabotage them. If you guess correctly, you will sabotage half of the human's blue roles, and you will steal one human blue role. If you guess within +-1, you will sabotage one blue role.

MML seems to be advocating for stating claims, and doing so would be potentially catastrophic. Obviously the wolves themselves would be aware of their own powers--so the question is whether the dumbtell is genuine or calculated. Given that roundbox sort of alluded to the sabotage issue in his prisoner's dilemma post, and MML apparently rolled right through that, I'm inclined to believe it's genuine and therefore exculpatory. MML's follow-up post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4651884)
Didn't see that second Roundbox post. That's quite the padded post you got there.

I think it's absolutely best if we keep mum on it for now, possibly for most of the game.

Seems to be more or less in line with that mode of thinking; it seems to be kind of an "Oh, I see."

Having said that, I also STRONGLY disagree with the idea of only announcing info given observable effects. Any blue roles expire at the end of each phase, and everyone can request a role/non-role again that same night. Thus, one's green or blue status is not fixed, and a roleclaim the next day doesn't make a player any more likely to be targeted in the future, since all roles are fluid.

Therefore, anyone and everyone that has a role should absolutely claim what they did the next day--it provides information without enabling wolf sabotage (since the next set of requests would have already been made) or making the claimant a more likely target.

DarkManticoreX2 10-22-2018 06:53 PM

Both you and indy have indirectly/directly presented an avenue to remove a player from the game not due to content or fact or rationale. You have both said the equivalent of “let’s lynch antiperal because he’ll be a no show. This feels like an attempt to powerwolf through a weak town player.

What worries me more is that people think it might be a decent idea. If I read correctly we don’t get cardflips, so not knowing antipearl’s alignment when he dies gives us nothing and no one to blame on either side. It’s a waste of a day phase pursuing it and simple feels wolf driven.

I like sytho because she felt similarly about your cagey “I’ll lynch anyone under 5 posts post”

And I have all sorts of different feelings on sunfan right now, I like his current position on pearl, but that read could vacillate somewhat wildly as the game progresses depending on what pearl does or doesn’t do.

Precarious 10-22-2018 06:55 PM

Actually, I can see how that could potentially backfire. I would say that, assuming they exist, investigations and informational abilities should absolutely be announced, roleblocks and/or protection announced if it seems relevant. Passive abilities would probably be more situational.

Charu 10-22-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4652010)

It smells of ulterior motives if you ask me, and while Charu first mentioned anti pearl, it's InD's vote that smells the worst

I take full responsibilities for wanting this to happen. I don't trust their slot regardless of their alignment, and that's the absolute truth. Like right now, they have, once again, proven to me that they're not going to play again. They did though play seeing as how they're still in the game by sending SOMETHING to the host.

Charu 10-22-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4652015)
And I have all sorts of different feelings on sunfan right now, I like his current position on pearl, but that read could vacillate somewhat wildly as the game progresses depending on what pearl does or doesn’t do.

I can garuntee you one thing.

If they do come out of hiding and actually play, it'll be, at most, one post, and the rest would be about lamenating about how they're being targeted as an inactive.

Source: Read this game and look for Anti-Pearl's posts.

Wayward Vagabond 10-22-2018 07:08 PM

Wouldn't it benefit the wolves more keeping antipearl around rather than just going for an easy d1 lynch? I was always under the assumption that trivial players are better to keep around because in later games a mislynch is harder to go by if you have solid towns remaining.

Wayward Vagabond 10-22-2018 07:08 PM

Also hi rb thank u for noticing me ^~^

Wayward Vagabond 10-22-2018 07:10 PM

mml suck on that nerds

Charu 10-22-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4652020)
Wouldn't it benefit the wolves more keeping antipearl around rather than just going for an easy d1 lynch? I was always under the assumption that trivial players are better to keep around because in later games a mislynch is harder to go by if you have solid towns remaining.

In most situations, yeah. In this game, even more so, lol.

Charu 10-22-2018 07:14 PM

Oop, that was the wrong game

Charu 10-22-2018 07:14 PM

It was definitely this one, promise!

Syhto 10-22-2018 07:17 PM

Yeah, I am not comfortable with this anti-anti-pearl continuation from previous games. If he is going to get in trouble for lack of posts, I say let that happen and play out as it will. It is way too easy for the wolves to off anti-pearl with no need to worry about flips showing any association with one another.

Sure, inactivity has been an issue recently with a number of players. But eh, I would rather read based on what is actually happening than to eliminate those who aren't up to par with participation. At this point. I only ever used to play games with no cardflips... so this is pretty normal to me. One of the reasons I wanted to play.

Anyone who is jumping on anti-pearl I am pretty weary of. I agree with manti though, that sunfan could go either way.

Charu 10-22-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4652026)
Yeah, I am not comfortable with this anti-anti-pearl continuation from previous games. If he is going to get in trouble for lack of posts, I say let that happen and play out as it will. It is way too easy for the wolves to off anti-pearl with no need to worry about flips showing any association with one another.

Didn't you literally use Anti-Pearl's inactivity to use as a means to win the game I linked, lol?

Syhto 10-22-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4652027)
Didn't you literally use Anti-Pearl's inactivity to use as a means to win the game I linked, lol?

Yes, lmao

MixMasterLar 10-22-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4652012)
So unless I'm blind, no one has talked about this post much, and we really should. Because this is a dumbtell, right?

MML seems to be advocating for stating claims, and doing so would be potentially catastrophic. Obviously the wolves themselves would be aware of their own powers--so the question is whether the dumbtell is genuine or calculated. Given that roundbox sort of alluded to the sabotage issue in his prisoner's dilemma post, and MML apparently rolled right through that, I'm inclined to believe it's genuine and therefore exculpatory. MML's follow-up post:

Seems to be more or less in line with that mode of thinking; it seems to be kind of an "Oh, I see."

Having said that, I also STRONGLY disagree with the idea of only announcing info given observable effects. Any blue roles expire at the end of each phase, and everyone can request a role/non-role again that same night. Thus, one's green or blue status is not fixed, and a roleclaim the next day doesn't make a player any more likely to be targeted in the future, since all roles are fluid.

Therefore, anyone and everyone that has a role should absolutely claim what they did the next day--it provides information without enabling wolf sabotage (since the next set of requests would have already been made) or making the claimant a more likely target.

What part of that is a dumbtell?
What the fuck are you going on about?
I'm against claiming btw since that looks to be in question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4652015)
Both you and indy have indirectly/directly presented an avenue to remove a player from the game not due to content or fact or rationale. You have both said the equivalent of “let’s lynch antiperal because he’ll be a no show. This feels like an attempt to powerwolf through a weak town player.

What worries me more is that people think it might be a decent idea. If I read correctly we don’t get cardflips, so not knowing antipearl’s alignment when he dies gives us nothing and no one to blame on either side. It’s a waste of a day phase pursuing it and simple feels wolf driven.

I like sytho because she felt similarly about your cagey “I’ll lynch anyone under 5 posts post”

This is a lot more then I expected and I like it.

You 're wrong tho.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4652026)

Sure, inactivity has been an issue recently with a number of players. But eh, I would rather read based on what is actually happening than to eliminate those who aren't up to par with participation. At this point. I only ever used to play games with no cardflips... so this is pretty normal to me. One of the reasons I wanted to play.

Anyone who is jumping on anti-pearl I am pretty weary of. I agree with manti though, that sunfan could go either way.

I fucking refuse to get to final five with 4 inactives

MixMasterLar 10-22-2018 07:32 PM

Everyone with that "let the host replace them" shit:

GAME TOOK FOREVER TO FILL THERE ARE LIKELY NO REPLACEMENTS READY YET THIS IS SUCH A BAD POINT TO ANGLE SHOOT WITH

MixMasterLar 10-22-2018 07:32 PM

Will be back before eod

the sun fan 10-22-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4652030)
Everyone with that "let the host replace them" shit:

GAME TOOK FOREVER TO FILL THERE ARE LIKELY NO REPLACEMENTS READY YET THIS IS SUCH A BAD POINT TO ANGLE SHOOT WITH

oh man this one is worth 2 bingo spaces

Syhto 10-22-2018 07:38 PM

Yeah... I mean I don't disagree that it is fucking ridiculous that anti-pearl is so inactive. But 1 the host allowed it, fully aware it had been a problem. 2 you cant deny that now may not be the best time to get rid of them, when it is possible still there could be a sub. You don't know that he won't be replaced. And we don't know if he won't show up yet still either...

They do know the game is on though right? Who else is super inactive atm? What is with the 4 inactives bit?

DaBackpack 10-22-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4651808)
mixmasterlar

You are being pretty forward, trying to start posting before day phase even began, bringing up inactivity quickly and making calls about it. It may just be that you are eager to play, but, to me you seem a bit jumpy and it makes you seem more like a wolf than anyone else currently.

This is the first serious read in this game, and actually happened in the middle of the shitposting phase. Who's actually the eager one here?

it's an easy enough thing to notice and "put a read to" in order to seem ahead of the curve but it's a nothing-read

inDheart 10-22-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4651989)
people not being mongoloids and openly strategizing whether they'll take the power or not? why wait for it to happen and then scream at the person for doing it?

I swear people will never agree with me on any sort of strategy in a mystery game ever
it's an inevitability at this point

wait am i screwin it up

if you're saying "don't openly strategize" then i agree with you and we're on the same page

i'm just like, ??? at how divorced not openly strategizing is from what we do in other games, but i see further down you're talking about the selection thing, i think, rather than actually using powers

so ok that's something. i think it's like, similar in that it just paints a target on you for the following night when said power would be active

DaBackpack 10-22-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4651810)
The notion that wolves are "jumpy" day 1 on this site is so laughably wrong.

got em

Charu 10-22-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4652033)
They do know the game is on though right?

They must've since, as stated, they're very much still in the game and not replaced as per stated by the host message in twilight.

inDheart 10-22-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4651993)
it's different in the fact that people can opt to receive a power or not

the only diminishing returns that are possible asking for more powers are:
1) weaker powers in large quantities
2) if wolves guess number of roles within 1, half of the roles get sabotaged

I would say that this is different than "what we do every game" easily
not to mention most people shot it down and defaulted to the "what we do every game" mindset

like, if you're arriving at "it's a personal decision and so we shouldn't talk about which end of it we're on publicly", that's what i'm thinking of as ~every game

people who are PRs in a conventional game don't want to show it abundantly so they can get mileage. it's still hidden info type stuff

DaBackpack 10-22-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4651814)
Oh. I havent played with you guys a lot, so please pardon my "fucking wrong", "stupid contrived" reasons for voting for you half way through the first day phase. Thanks for the reaction though, good insight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4651815)
Also, I'd rather try and start talking and voting for people now than just wagon on a random person at the last moment. That seems to not do so well, and would probably be better than you guys shooting the shit until it SUDDENLY ~gets tense~

has syhto ever played before?

DaBackpack 10-22-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4651817)
Good luck with that. Nothing's happened yet except you 're tryharding. Which I mean it seems by your reasoning would make you a wolf but I don't think That's a solid enough action to vote someone seriously halfway through D0

lar's town

Wayward Vagabond 10-22-2018 07:43 PM

Syhto rolled wolf two times in a row iirc

DaBackpack 10-22-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4651825)
to be fair, some wolves are jumpy

what is the point of this post sunfan?

inDheart 10-22-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4652010)

i think you answered your own question to manti there

inDheart 10-22-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4652012)

i feel like i have somehow never read that post before

sorry roundbox, pretty sure that'd be what you're responding to

Precarious 10-22-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4652029)
What part of that is a dumbtell?
What the fuck are you going on about?
I'm against claiming btw since that looks to be in question.

Quoting the relevant post again:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4651882)
I thought about just claiming if you asked for a role or not.

I read this as, "rather than roleclaiming, we could just say if we requested a role."

Quote:

Wolves probably already have an idea since their roles are affected by how many of us ask to be blue so that information probably benefits town a little more---but in the event only 2 of us asked that straight up tells the wolves who's the strongest and who to kill so I don't really favor this plan either.
Your reasoning, apparently, is that wolves can probably approximate our blue roles by their status. It's true that the number of town blues affects wolf blue powers, and vice versa. But there's absolutely no indicator of how that works--and that's a good thing for us, because your plan ignores the fact that the wolves can sabotage our roles and even steal one if they guess the number of claimants correctly.

You do, ultimately, decide that your bad idea is in fact a bad idea, but for an unrelated reason.

Quote:

-but in the event only 2 of us asked that straight up tells the wolves who's the strongest and who to kill so I don't really favor this plan either.
Basically, you dismissed the idea because if it happens that very few people requested a role, then the wolves would be able to target one of a small number of blues. At no point do you intimate any awareness that informing the wolves of our numbers would enable them to use their guessing power accurately.

Thus, your idea--even if dismissed for unrelated reasons--ignores the very obvious structural reason that it would be catastrophic. Hence the dumbtell--the wolves would be aware of what they can do, and how they'd benefit from that strategy. Your subsequent post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4651884)
Didn't see that second Roundbox post. That's quite the padded post you got there.

I think it's absolutely best if we keep mum on it for now, possibly for most of the game.

Seems to confirm my interpretation. I basically read the above as:

"I didn't see roundbox's post before. Now that I've read it"--and note that roundbox's post alludes to the possibility of the wolf sabotage--"it's best to keep quiet on those discussions."

DaBackpack 10-22-2018 07:47 PM

also re: current discussion I think in a completely open game like this it's better to lynch inactives early game because they are an especially big liability later on

stares threateningly at inactives / lowposters

Syhto 10-22-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4652034)
This is the first serious read in this game, and actually happened in the middle of the shitposting phase. Who's actually the eager one here?

it's an easy enough thing to notice and "put a read to" in order to seem ahead of the curve but it's a nothing-read

Excuse my candidness, if anything is fucking stupid, it is this "shitposting phase" that is so clung to here. What is the point of even having a d0 when all y'all seem to do is complain about not having anything to go on the whole time, and then give me crap for voicing my opinion to get something going?

Please be aware, that was not a "serious" vote for mml. That was a vote to try and, yes, get the ball rolling and get a feel for the players here. I really don't care if you think the reasoning was unsound, as it was not an actual accusation. It was a move based on feeling, that I attempted to back up a little bit with words. Although it is mostly just feeling. And obvious, that this early on I can change my mind easily based on the reactions that occur.

the sun fan 10-22-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4652042)
what is the point of this post sunfan?

that, in all fairness, some wolves are jumpy, which was syhto's point.
its not the worst d0 accusation by any means

Charu 10-22-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4652047)
Excuse my candidness, if anything is fucking stupid, it is this "shitposting phase" that is so clung to here. What is the point of even having a d0 when all y'all seem to do is complain about not having anything to go on the whole time, and then give me crap for voicing my opinion to get something going?

Please be aware, that was not a "serious" vote for mml. That was a vote to try and, yes, get the ball rolling and get a feel for the players here. I really don't care if you think the reasoning was unsound, as it was not an actual accusation. It was a move based on feeling, that I attempted to back up a little bit with words. Although it is mostly just feeling. And obvious, that this early on I can change my mind easily based on the reactions that occur.

Feisty, dohoho

DaBackpack 10-22-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4652048)
that, in all fairness, some wolves are jumpy, which was syhto's point.
its not the worst d0 accusation by any means

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4651842)
just so I say something
I know its early and I know its surface level but I like both Lar and Syhto

ok goodbye whee

that post and this post look like you're disarming the argument between the two

the sun fan 10-22-2018 07:52 PM

syhto is town
a town in a world where people speak a mutually intelligible language as her

DaBackpack 10-22-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4651845)
I'm fine with Syhto/MML too unsurprisingly.

unsurprisingly?

DaBackpack 10-22-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4652051)
syhto is town
a town in a world where people speak a mutually intelligible language as her

was this something you decided before or after you intervened?

the sun fan 10-22-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4652050)
that post and this post look like you're disarming the argument between the two

it wasn't exactly the cold war, was it?
I feel like since syhto was writing poetry the argument had pretty much run its course.

DaBackpack 10-22-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4651879)
Inactive lynches are better early than later, gotta go big or go home later in the game
But nah, I'm not into lynching that slot quite yet because we don't get nearly as much information as other games considering cardlips are off. If they're a wolf, we'd only discover by a psychic ability and even then it probably wouldn't tell us shit

are you keeping your options open wolfbox?

the sun fan 10-22-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4652053)

ok this time I actually object to the form of the question for real

I didn't "intervene" the whole thing was over by the time I had really said anything

DaBackpack 10-22-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4652056)
ok this time I actually object to the form of the question for real

I didn't "intervene" the whole thing was over by the time I had really said anything

not true but I don't care

whatever word you like then, I'm just wondering when this most recent judgement of yours came in

the sun fan 10-22-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4652053)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4652058)
not true but I don't care

whatever word you like then, I'm just wondering when this most recent judgement of yours came in

it was something I decided just now when she made this post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4652047)

roundbox 10-22-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4652055)
are you keeping your options open wolfbox?

that post should imply that I'm not for an inactive lynch, not an open option
see: later posts agreeing with other people about no cardflips

inDheart 10-22-2018 08:06 PM

i don't really think pearl is a wolf anymore for this behavior but i also doubt he joined the game in good faith. his defense force is out now but i also see the world where wolves are now pinging the crap out of him to get him to do anything and it hasn't gotten results, and this world and that one don't mix well

yay wolfchat reads

if you read his previous games that have been linked here it really should be no wonder why i want to remove him from the game

the sun fan 10-22-2018 08:07 PM

I don't really know
I don't feel great enough to push a wagon here
I'll probably just not lynch within a maybe-too-large group of people

the sun fan 10-22-2018 08:07 PM

fwiw I really, really wish Charu would do more than complain about Pearl

Wayward Vagabond 10-22-2018 08:09 PM

Rb what was with the vote and no follow up :( why you gotta leave me hangin' dawg

inDheart 10-22-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4652046)
also re: current discussion I think in a completely open game like this it's better to lynch inactives early game because they are an especially big liability later on

stares threateningly at inactives / lowposters

actually it is true that a me who gives more of a shit would say BUHT WE SHOULD LYNCH WOLFES

i'm still astounded by a certain lack of self-awareness on display though

DarkManticoreX2 10-22-2018 08:18 PM

Apparently between my last post and this one I have come down with a massive case of the shivers which is extremely unusual for me.

Maybe post wedding stress relief as my body detoxes, but this is likely to get worse as I’m under 3 blankets and still freezing

mml for now. I may change this, but I just took 2 NyQuil and also may pass out.

inDheart 10-22-2018 08:18 PM

i like prec's way of identifying that dumbtell and being patient with mml about it

wolves would have had a sabotage available last night so they would know unless every wolf dropped the ball on actually reading the setup

i'm thinking over how much weight to give the dumbtell itself, like whether it makes him town, because even if he does know, unsure if it prevents him from pumping out bad logic claim bait stuff anyway

the sun fan 10-22-2018 08:18 PM

yeah I iso'd Charu and I am very unhappy with the lack of reads wrt people not named Anti-Pearl

Charu broaden your horizons a little bit, even if you think that pearl should be lynched

inDheart 10-22-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4652066)
Apparently between my last post and this one I have come down with a massive case of the shivers which is extremely unusual for me.

Maybe post wedding stress relief as my body detoxes, but this is likely to get worse as I’m under 3 blankets and still freezing

oh jeez

get well pal, endgame needs you /s

Precarious 10-22-2018 08:23 PM

As far as Anti-Pearl is concerned, I don't think activity is necessarily a huge indicator of alignment by itself, but it's a player's actions that lets them be evaluated. If Pearl posts just enough to avoid replacement, they remain a cypher that continues on into the later game, with no evidence to make a case for or against them. It also raises a mechanical concern: if town, can they be counted on to vote? If scum, will they throw in a fatal vote when we're least expecting it?

With most players, total inactivity to this point would be concerning, but possibly coincidental. Pearl has a history of this now.

The thing is, that still doesn't necessarily mean they're the best choice of lynch. I feel like lynching the "most likely wolf" is a better option than a useless cypher--and FG's point about interactions is valid. Plus, assuming Pearl is truly inactive, zero posts today should allow for a replacement.

But I'd be kind of okay with a Pearl lynch, albeit for slightly different reasons than Charu's essentially policy stance. Pearl may not be the best lynch, but they're probably the least worst lynch--right now, we have no expectation of contribution, and without flips they become even more dangerous as the game progresses.

the sun fan 10-22-2018 08:34 PM

i'll try to be here during eod

Charu 10-22-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4652063)
fwiw I really, really wish Charu would do more than complain about Pearl

If this is an attempt of having me say who I think is what, then alright.

Mellon is following the leader, but she does see what I see. I don't agree with her about the interactions that funny brought up, but she seems alright. Nothing too crazy and is actually suspicious of roundbox, if only a little. Reason enough alone I should say she's good.

I like where inDheart is coming from. I know his snap vote to Anti-Pearl is weary to some, but I didn't see it all that negative (hooray for biased views). He comes in and chimes in he doesn't like what Roundbox was dishing out and was weary. I understand where he's coming from since it came up without prompt and, further thinking of it, just seemed... ludicrous to think about? I don't know, I just like inDheart's mindflow, he's pretty town for me.

WV is a whatever, don't have anything important to discuss. Vote on MML is pretty lame since it came after a vote from MML. Nothing to make of it besides, I guess, why the vote? That about it.

DaBackpack was MIA, but now he's coming swinging his arms around. Good first impression, even started to tango with shyto which shyto responded accordingly, lol. Indifferent about him otherwise.

Precarious has made some pretty neat posts that go deeper within the logic of the game and discusses it openly with the players. Gut tells me this is pretty towny behavior in all fronts since he was the first to discuss about Roundbox's plan being negative in more detail.

Roundbox decided to talk about something which, may or may not be a big ol' ??? in the grand scheme of things. I didn't mind it because it got us thinking about the game, which is what I think Roundbox wanted to do in the first place. Null otherwise, got no feelings regarding him or his discussion.

DarkManticoreX2 is... just being whatever he usually does I guess? Kind of casts people going for inactives are not being detective enough and I'm just here shrugging. Mysterious

Anti-Pearl is __________________________

Syhto has been feisty with two different people and they all seem genuine as all heck with the way she worded arguing back at said two different people. I know, I should put her in town for those, but she really does feel irritated she's being questioned so, but that's just emotion tells which is always a 50/50 to me.

MML is throwing punches, but I think someone said he seems to be announcing every little thing he's doing just so he doesn't need to talk in the thread. I don't see it as that, that's just playing a bit too dirty for my liking, lol. Other things is him throwing a punch at Darkmanticore. I don't know why that pinged me as such, but he did, and then complimented him afterwards. I think it's because it felt genuine and not some random distancing thing, so I can see a T/W universe if it comes down to it. Waaaaaaaaay to early, but dems the apples.

Thesunfan questioned roundbox's thing harshly and has been pretty straightforward to today's shenanigans. Is one of the only to pick InDheart up and question him for his snapvote on Anti-Pearl. We shall see, he's pretty null for me right now actually and I don't know why.

Hakulyte basically didn't really do anything, lol oops, actually just null.

Charu 10-22-2018 08:38 PM

Satisfied, mister!?

Charu 10-22-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4652066)

As WV did, why?

Charu 10-22-2018 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4652069)
yeah I iso'd Charu and I am very unhappy with the lack of reads wrt people not named Anti-Pearl

Charu broaden your horizons a little bit, even if you think that pearl should be lynched

Hmmmmmmmmmmm~~~

roundbox 10-22-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4652009)
1 talk of the setup in mystery games mostly benefits wolves.

2 padded post that is unchararistic coming from someone who normally doesn't do a whole lot on d0 because there's no information. Also I see your plan as silly and frankly, beneath what I'd expect from you.

can we stop with the condescension? ok thanks

1. no, it doesn't, at least not in the context I was doing it. how many people actually read the setup and digest it? it's not 100%, I can guarantee you that

2. can people stop picking on me for making a reference to a video game I very much enjoy :(
as for my d0 engagement, that pertains more to players than setup (source: me talking about the setup in pretty much every game I play)
as for how this benefits town, see my post here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4651989)
people not being mongoloids and openly strategizing whether they'll take the power or not? why wait for it to happen and then scream at the person for doing it?

I swear people will never agree with me on any sort of strategy in a mystery game ever
it's an inevitability at this point

Charu 10-22-2018 08:41 PM

Oh my god, did I forget funnygurl?

I did.

She's, uuuuuuuh... pretty indecisive for a Day 1 to be completely honest with y'all. I mean I get it, but it seems much more than usual and I don't know if that was just me.

Charu 10-22-2018 08:43 PM

I feel like I have a lot of town in my reads, or rather, people I'm okay with than I should, and that makes me scared.

roundbox 10-22-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4652064)
Rb what was with the vote and no follow up :( why you gotta leave me hangin' dawg

just wanted to see where you were at man

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4652061)
i don't really think pearl is a wolf anymore for this behavior but i also doubt he joined the game in good faith. his defense force is out now but i also see the world where wolves are now pinging the crap out of him to get him to do anything and it hasn't gotten results, and this world and that one don't mix well

yay wolfchat reads

if you read his previous games that have been linked here it really should be no wonder why i want to remove him from the game

not liking this wolfchat read, but that's not the reason you're wanting to lynch anti-pearl so it's a bit moot
not a fan of it

roundbox 10-22-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4652076)
dems the apples.

!!

roundbox 10-22-2018 08:52 PM

I don't see sunfan/charu being partners for the interaction of

sunfan: I don't like charu because he doesn't talk about anyone but anti-pearl
charu: *posts reads*

Funnygurl555 10-22-2018 08:58 PM

charu did you ever try that much d0? ive only been in games where you were town, and your tone this game is a serious departure from your previous ones

Funnygurl555 10-22-2018 08:59 PM

*recently

Charu 10-22-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4652088)
charu did you ever try that much d0? ive only been in games where you were town, and your tone this game is a serious departure from your previous ones

...And that's why you're voting me?

Charu 10-22-2018 08:59 PM

Well, alright then.

Funnygurl555 10-22-2018 08:59 PM

ind and charu look bad to me so far. sunfans aight

everyone else null

Funnygurl555 10-22-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4652091)
Well, alright then.

your read of me is bs too

Funnygurl555 10-22-2018 09:00 PM

3 hrs til eod man we got time

roundbox 10-22-2018 09:01 PM

people falling into lynching anti-pearl are starting to bother me in addition to the fact that anti-pearl will be replaced if they don't meet the post requirement
sure, this means we'd have to "wait" to read the replacement, but who gives a fuck this early in the game (see also: there are 3 wolves. if anti-pearl happens to be one and we sleep on the slot, the other 2 can still be lynched)

roundbox 10-22-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4652088)

what?

what???

inDheart 10-22-2018 09:02 PM

in ascending postcount order using the who posted thing

mellonxcollie - some impostor i can only assume
mellon_collie - thinks mml overreacted to syhto vote; imagine that's where she'd land if she voted now. it's kinda...eh? like obv this is a meta argument but i don't usually think to mml when i'm thinking of someone who reacts calmly and coolly to getting votes. are you contending the point he makes about wolves not being jumpy as well or more commenting on the strength of reaction?

less toward you, i think there are examples of the wolves playing hard, e.g. FE3, which could be "jumpy" in FFR game history, or what flashflash tries in most games he rolls wolf in, so i don't really get how wolves would be categorically jumpy or not here

Precarious - doing his usual thing, guess i'm waiting for you to say your peace since you're around. not sure pseudo clearing mml does much for you unless you're exactly pals

DarkManticoreX2 - should be using his game account but w/e. little surprised he wasn't focusing in on charu the same way as he was me/mml or for the same reasons, even though he responded to charu about something else and suggested the thread wasn't an onerous thing to catch up on. i don't think people are considering lynching him anyway though so wasting my time here

Funnygurl555 - i don't know how to read funny. likes syhto, mml's null, encourages interactions + interpreting them. probably not teamed with a hypothetical anti-pearl wolf. her "notice me!" type post to mml after being left out feels nice. she's fencesitty on the pearl situation but the thing is, i think one would rather be definitive here and she even talks about lynching him being fine in a realm of strategy as she commits to not voting there personally. no stated wolves, i think? but that appears to be a common issue so i'm tempering that

Wayward Vagabond - "rolled town because duh". ok. talks about people saving pearl as a later mislynch if town - nice thought for game health because at the rate things are progressing, pearl'd be squarely outside any kind of coalescence among town without something else happening. it's jumping on the popular train of thought but contributing what i think of as a new angle here, or one that hadn't been raised before next to our hate boners. why do you wanna lynch mml?

Syhto - nice. feels at play, basically. idk i don't really have much more to say. thanks for being the me that wants to have thoughts and lynch wolves instead of the zzz, i forgot you played in no flip era so you saying you're going to that as your reflex is a nice thing

this is like half the people but has some questions, uhhh do the thing i guess. for actual reads reading this backwards or something close to it probably works

Charu 10-22-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4652093)
your read of me is bs too

Is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4651924)
i've always been bad with strategy and stuff, but i feel like it's an even worse idea to lynch anti-pearl with flips off? like, shouldn't we be going for information lynches?

because of that, i'm a little wary of indheart's vote. haku less so, but that's because of meta.

my laptop's also busted, so my posting's gonna suck more than usual. given my posting style though i'll probably have the same quality posts anyway haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4651927)
i'm not town-reading mml from his and syhto's interactions either. just syhto. mml's null for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4651944)
eh once again im the shittiest with strategy so i get it. i'm prolly not placing a vote on anti-pearl myself though.

You only had one person that you seem not indecesive with. (Now two though).

Shyto and myself, lol

Funnygurl555 10-22-2018 09:13 PM

im unconfident, not indecisive. and ive always been unconfident (see games where i vote for someone else last minute)

inDheart 10-22-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4652084)
not liking this wolfchat read, but that's not the reason you're wanting to lynch anti-pearl so it's a bit moot
not a fan of it

what's the "it" at the end?