Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stock Market Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152255)

phe0nixblade 09-4-2020 08:15 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4741996)
tesla is just insane.. i refuse to touch it though.

Probably smart I bet a decent amount of people just lost some money to it thankfully I randomly sold mine conveniently the day before it's new high and also right before it went down a lot lol.

mi40 09-4-2020 09:26 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phe0nixblade (Post 4742118)
Probably smart I bet a decent amount of people just lost some money to it thankfully I randomly sold mine conveniently the day before it's new high and also right before it went down a lot lol.

and there was just news that Tesla won't be included in the S&P 500, which was what drove a lot of the buying action, things are not looking for Tesla lol

Poison- 09-4-2020 10:43 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/04/soft...n-options.html

mi40 09-5-2020 08:03 AM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 4742123)

yep i just read that, funny stuff but also pretty concerning

mi40 09-5-2020 02:01 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/04/jobs...ust-2020-.html

hopefully this signals a more stable return to normality..

VisD 09-5-2020 03:47 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
I've been pretty consistently just dca bi-weekly into the usual suspects. I almost held off the latest period (right before the recent dip), but decided not to pretend I could time the market. Ah well \_(ツ)_/

mi40 09-6-2020 09:28 AM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VisD (Post 4742160)
I've been pretty consistently just dca bi-weekly into the usual suspects. I almost held off the latest period (right before the recent dip), but decided not to pretend I could time the market. Ah well \_(ツ)_/

this week will probably be red but not by much, i can see tech still pulling back for another 2 weeks like it did in early june.. if i see banks and oil pull back along with tech though while the dollar ALSO falls, we have a different story altogether

mi40 09-8-2020 11:14 AM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
pogchamp

are you guys ready for a 5 year long depression

gold stinger 09-8-2020 11:56 AM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
I thought we were already in the 5 year long depression back in March.

Charu 09-9-2020 08:50 AM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4742373)
I thought we were already in the 5 year long depression back in March.

Same

mi40 09-10-2020 08:23 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
WHERE'S BILL












oh i meant the stimulus bill.

Psychotik 09-10-2020 10:39 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
Here's my portfolio. Wish I sold my Vanilla stock when it was 100$ a pop but I missed the window, hoping for a rebound that never occurred. My nut stock has been hovering around 60 since forever, just waiting for a little spike before selling. Butter stocks have been rock bottom since forever.





Oh wait we're not talking about Cookie Clicker...

gold stinger 09-14-2020 03:18 AM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
TIL Cookie Clicker has a stock market. I stopped playing that after like 10-ish minutes.

mi40 09-14-2020 07:57 AM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
market is yikers as shit right now, but i might get back in with longs today

Poison- 10-8-2020 10:36 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
@mi40 do you have any recommendations for resources for learning about options? I know the absolute basics but I'm not fucking with them until I really know what I'm doing. I have no problem studying for months if needed

mi40 10-8-2020 11:28 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 4745755)
@mi40 do you have any recommendations for resources for learning about options? I know the absolute basics but I'm not fucking with them until I really know what I'm doing. I have no problem studying for months if needed

investopedia has great articles, and while you're at it, you should read about futures as well. and all the financial instruments & derivatives available to people.

everything is interconnected so reading and learning is important yeah. you REALLY start learning with a small amount of money at play as well since you start reading the news and other macroeconomic signs as well

https://www.investopedia.com/options...torial-4583012
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f...l%20instrument.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/v...nt%20decisions.

and so on. good luck my man

mi40 10-8-2020 11:29 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
basically options are derivatives. you're leveraging and playing the financial instrument that was originally created for insurance/hedging purposes (calls/puts), learn about the greeks, what they meant, how they're generated
and how volatility works (put/call ratio, VIX index, VIX futures, etc) & how they affect options pricing

learn about market events like earnings, ex-dividend dates, sector rotations, the different indexes, which stocks comprise which index.. just really start reading into everything and it starts to click together.

anyways, i went long on sept 15 and got stopped out by another 2 weeks of red but the market's been on another rebound and i've been riding crude oil & financials back up (GS/JPM and /CL)

donald's tweet a few days ago really shook the markets but it looks like the market is pricing in a delayed stimulus already and isnt reacting as hard anymore.

Poison- 10-9-2020 09:44 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4745776)
investopedia has great articles, and while you're at it, you should read about futures as well. and all the financial instruments & derivatives available to people.

everything is interconnected so reading and learning is important yeah. you REALLY start learning with a small amount of money at play as well since you start reading the news and other macroeconomic signs as well

https://www.investopedia.com/options...torial-4583012
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f...l%20instrument.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/v...nt%20decisions.

and so on. good luck my man

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I picked up a few books as well.
I'll let you know how much I lose when I begin haha

mi40 10-9-2020 10:33 PM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 4746070)
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I picked up a few books as well.
I'll let you know how much I lose when I begin haha

:l
really do the studying and as long as you have strict discipline & keep up with world events and macroeconomic trends you should be able to make money over time

8% a year as an average investor is cool but honestly, might as well try while we're young - to try and make it big

kommisar 10-16-2020 11:27 AM

Re: Stock Market Chit Chat
 
just started buying stocks directly with a bit of fun money for high risk investments. Only made a bit off unity stocks when they came out, but the hype seems to have died down quickly


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution