Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bowling Fun Today (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=131051)

~Zeta~ 07-19-2013 05:45 PM

Bowling Fun Today

225 then 276 today just for funsies.

276 made me mad. so mad I forget to make a pic lmao.

1 frame.

this is the second time I've struck 11 times in a game and mess up one frame.

so old I don't even have the pic anymore
asdfklas;lgdkjw;hlkjh;lkjasdfhkl;dsklj;dsagjklsa

p.s. not faking scores. Been bowling about 7-8 years now and keeping 185-190 average (left-hand) with plenty of 200's.

Jonlovesddr 07-19-2013 05:46 PM

Re: Bowling Fun Today

i really wish i could bowl

alloyus 07-19-2013 05:46 PM

He's legit guys give him praiseeee

~Zeta~ 07-19-2013 05:51 PM

found an old 276 (2 months old?)
I'm the M. 8 spare 6th frame

xVaLoRx 07-19-2013 05:51 PM

stroker / tweener / cranker / two handed ?

~Zeta~ 07-19-2013 05:55 PM

Cranker/power player w/ finger-tip

EDIT: taking this joke before anyone says it: framers.

igotrhythm 07-19-2013 06:00 PM

nice accuracy, too bad about the mindblocks.

mi40 07-19-2013 06:03 PM

that is seriously impressive stuff
do you attend local tournaments and stuff?

One Winged Angel 07-19-2013 06:08 PM

just for funsies

dAnceguy117 07-19-2013 06:09 PM

fake jk hella sick

~Zeta~ 07-19-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 3941831)
that is seriously impressive stuff
do you attend local tournaments and stuff?

nah, nothing passes through where I live. I've played in several local leagues but it's nothing serious, especially with high handicaps. I've thought about doing tournies and such but not even close to consistent. Can swing from 150 to 220 in a single set (hence only 185-190 average lmao). Might try when I move soon. Definitely trying if I can keep near-200 average.

Thank you everyone. :)

DossarLX ODI 07-19-2013 06:44 PM

This must be a lot different from candlepin bowling then, haha.

TheSaxRunner05 07-19-2013 06:56 PM

My jump from the 180-190 range to the 200 average came from picking more spares and leaving easier spares from tweaking my entry angle for better results.

What spares do you leave most often? Certain patterns may result from an angle that is too steep, behind the headpin, light, or hitting high.

smartdude1212 07-19-2013 06:58 PM

10-pin bowling is for chumps.

You're a good chump.

~Zeta~ 07-19-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 3941855)
My jump from the 180-190 range to the 200 average came from picking more spares and leaving easier spares from tweaking my entry angle for better results.

What spares do you leave most often? Certain patterns may result from an angle that is too steep, behind the headpin, light, or hitting high.

The spares I miss trying are single 7-pin, 1-2-4-7, and quite frankly due to bad luck, 2-4-7 and 4-7-8. With how much hook I have, even with plastic and trying to throw straight/fast, it breaks away from the 7. Splits (besides stupid ones) and the rest are cake. Most of the problems with my low scoring games is getting high amount of spares w/ dumb splits or a ton of single 7-pins. Readjusting as games progress is still a challenge (and probably always.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartdude1212 (Post 3941858)
10-pin bowling is for chumps.

You're a good chump.

ty gud sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3941845)
This must be a lot different from candlepin bowling then, haha.

candlepin akldfjakfdj
lack of ball control and pin size = ridiculous.

thesunfan 07-19-2013 08:38 PM

Bowling is fun
Sometimes
Driving to Detroit to have basically everything you've spent the year setting up for fall apart the first game there
Not so fun.

BUT more along the lines, for just casual bowling, you seem really decent, the main issue I have with strike strings is just getting nervous. Assuming you have the same problem, just containing your nerves will go miles. And 7 or 10 pin spares suck

~Zeta~ 07-19-2013 08:40 PM

I just blank out and focus on my mark on the floorboard. I sure do think about it a lot between throws, but when I setup, I space out.

Unless some idiot decides to throw on the side as I go.

TheSaxRunner05 07-19-2013 09:32 PM

Yea leftie 7's and righty 10 pins can be tough. I find I usually leave my 10 pin as a righty when I hit a little behind the head pin, catching the three pin back into the nine and the six in front of the 10 and missing it. (Lefty side the two pin can hit the 8 pin and the 4 miss the 7). There are more ways to leave it, but that's one possibility.

If I'm running behind the pocket I usually either move my feet up a step to slow down the ball a hair (less distance to walk), move my feet a bit (half board) right (left for a leftie), or move my mark out a board if the outside is dry (sometimes Ill move my feet and may mark over a board).

That helps me, feel free to try it in practice if you wish. Find something that works and stick with it.

~Zeta~ 07-19-2013 09:53 PM

For the 7 pin, I scoot as far right as I can (bit tough when throwing on the left lane w/ a huge ball return in the way.) Aim for the shadow/reflection of the pin and throw it hard. Really need to work on it though, lmao.

I really have no standard setup. It all depends on the lame for me. If it's really oily/slick, I shoot one board right from center and aim between center and 1 marker left. If it's dry as hell, 1 board right of 2nd marker from the right, hard angle between 2nd and 3rd marker from left.

This is going to be absolutely absurd, but I've been using 2 bowling balls I bought for $2.50 ea at a salvation army lmfao. One's a rubber and the other is urethane both w/ finger-tip grips/drilled and 16 lbs. (no idea what brand or type.) The plastic I use is from my 14th birthday (so old) and rarely use it now since it's 14 lbs. and the holes are drilled standard.

I use rubber for dry lanes. It wrecks when it works since I can really grip it hard and it rips through the pocket. If I drop it or bring it across, I get disposed by physics lol.

Urethane for every other situation. This one seems to cut through oil more than other urethane brands I've messed with/seen. I have far more control but it still often comes up soft on the pocket. Leaves sticky splits w/ 7 and right side pins.

Kotarouchan 07-21-2013 01:16 AM

where were you when I tried to have bowling conversations with other people? lol