Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Songs and Artist Permissions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Permissions List and Information v8 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=140821)

Lambdadelta 02-24-2024 09:37 PM

Re: Permissions List and Information v8

Blanket Permissions acquired from the artist Dust.

Here is their Instagram, Spotify, and Soundcloud.
Blanket permissions can be viewed through the following Imgur link

EDIT: This is 100% an error on my end for not thinking to ask as I did not take this into consideration but the only songs that Dust has that can currently be used are as follows;
(IDMNB, BONKERS, FMA, Project Uno, and HAH)

Dust is willing to provide wavs (highest audio format possible) via a We Transfer link which exports with the highest sample rate and point sync.

DM me through the website or through FFR's Discord and I will be more than happy to give them a message and acquire these for you.

Dust's only contingency is for the song IDMNB to be specifically charted as a much harder song for the game.
I don't imagine this is going to be very difficult as it already sounds like it'll make a harder chart to begin with.

jh05013 02-25-2024 07:41 AM

After reading this dozen of times, I've finally figured it out...

We have an FFR permission to use hololive original songs (not covers) except the ones listed in the appendix of the Derivative Works Guidelines.

Rhythm game charts are generally considered derivative works. Even with the guideline's definition, charting is definitely a creative endeavor so I'd say they count.

The part of the text that stumped me the most was the following in the "Guidelines for Use of Music" section:

Quote:

We allow covers, adaptations, and remixes of applicable music (hereinafter to be referred to as “covers” for covers, or “musical derivative works” for adaptations and remixes).

* We consider derivative works to be creations born of fans’ ideas and creativity, based on our music. Therefore, we do not consider the reproduction of our music as is, or with modifications lacking creative input, to be classified as derivative works. Such use does not fall within the scope of the music or overall guidelines.
which does not seem to include charts.

However, this is in fact a slight mistranslation and the Japanese (original) text says (emphasis mine):

Quote:

対象楽曲については、カバーソングとしての「歌ってみた」や、対象楽曲を翻案しリミックス等の二次的著作物(以下、対象楽曲を利用した「歌ってみた」またはリミックス等の作品を「二次的楽曲著作物」とします)を制作することができます。
※二次創作とは、当社楽曲に依拠しつつも、皆様の創意工夫・アイデアによって生み出される創作活動であると、当社は考えます。そのため、当社楽曲をそのまま複製したもの、改変に創作性の欠けるものは二次創作に該当せず音楽利用ガイドライン及び全般ガイドラインの対象外となります。
which permits all kinds of derivative works; the bolded "等の二次的著作物" translates to "derivative works such as ..." and "等の作品" to "works such as ..."

I think this link is the list of original songs.

rayword45 04-5-2024 11:19 AM

Obtained permissions for Godcaster. Need to learn how to dump bc I want Diamond's Shining Face and/or Gut Sink Moan in this game

Elite Ninja 04-11-2024 01:56 AM

So the other day I ran into a cool song from this artist that I saw we did not have perms for in the sheet so I went to try and grab full blanket perms and I only realized later it's the same artist that made Koneko's Cafe that was featured in Stepcon 2022 lol.

Well now we have full blanket permission for Cynax! Highly suggest checking them out and getting more of their stuff in-game :3 (I might be looking to step Mafu as a heads-up)

Cynax Links
Soundcloud
Newgrounds
Spotify
Bandcamp
Twitter
Youtube

Hairy Cabbage 04-13-2024 08:23 PM

I reached out to the label 'Gemeinschaft Of Hardcore' earlier today and they got back to me with the following message

Response:

I popped it into google translate:
Hello Jonathan

Thank you for contacting us.

If you wish to use songs from Gemeinschaft of Hardcore, you will need to pay 11,000 yen (tax included) for each song.
This is the label's song copyright management fee and song usage fee, regardless of the price of the game itself or the billing method.
Labels do not allow free use of songs for any reason.
If you wish to use music, we will ask you to present the music you wish to use, and once we have confirmed it, we will send you a contract.

Thank you.

Matsui
I assume for the purposes of the permissions spreadsheet this one can unfortunately go down as rejected. Shame because they have a whole lot of bangers...

jh05013 04-14-2024 10:10 AM

Nankumo (formerly knot / kakyo) gave blanket permission back in 2010, as seen in several of their comment replies from the archived blog.

For example:

Quote:

楽曲に関しては自由にお使いいただいて構いません。
むしろ使っていただいて光栄です。
使用報告に関しても、利用者の方にお任せしています。
あると嬉しいですが、無断使用でも特に気にしていません。
動画として配布していただいても問題無いです。
which mentions that their songs are free to use, and they don't really care even if used without inquiry.

Youtube | BMS Search | Twitter

XelNya 04-15-2024 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jh05013 (Post 4793922)
After reading this dozen of times, I've finally figured it out...

We have an FFR permission to use hololive original songs (not covers) except the ones listed in the appendix of the Derivative Works Guidelines.

Rhythm game charts are generally considered derivative works. Even with the guideline's definition, charting is definitely a creative endeavor so I'd say they count.

The part of the text that stumped me the most was the following in the "Guidelines for Use of Music" section:

which does not seem to include charts.

However, this is in fact a slight mistranslation and the Japanese (original) text says (emphasis mine):

which permits all kinds of derivative works; the bolded "等の二次的著作物" translates to "derivative works such as ..." and "等の作品" to "works such as ..."

I think this link is the list of original songs.

I'm considering taking advantage of this, and because I checked the spread sheet and wanna be sure, would staff here consider this acceptable? It hasn't been added yet.

gold stinger 04-16-2024 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4796220)
I'm considering taking advantage of this, and because I checked the spread sheet and wanna be sure, would staff here consider this acceptable? It hasn't been added yet.

A summarization of what that jibble-jabble is, is "Yes, you can use our originals but only as derivative works. Covers and Remixes from us are not considered originals and cannot be used".

rayword45 04-16-2024 08:28 AM

I thought i already posted this but Dog Fashion Disco permissions

They didn't specify this but I would NOT recommend stepping anything from Adultery (sadly their best album) because Rotten Records doesn't fuck around, I'm positive that the live re-recordings of that are good though since those were largely released because Rotten fucking sucks for artists too.

XelNya 04-16-2024 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4796223)
A summarization of what that jibble-jabble is, is "Yes, you can use our originals but only as derivative works. Covers and Remixes from us are not considered originals and cannot be used".

I was more asking if the site considered that an acceptable permission use, I knew we've done stuff like that through cc on say ocr remix, but it occurs to me we use Riot Games work in the same way, so my question was really pointless / already answered lol

Thank you regardless though