Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

inDheart 05-16-2018 10:04 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

relatedly if the last wolf would like to claim raeko's blocks, i'd love that

roundbox 05-16-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620221)
ok

now i can tell you're actually desperate

elaborate

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4620220)
oh i think i get what he means, it just takes like 3 mental loops

if you defend olimar, it keeps him alive -> therefore, missing kills could be explained by either of you being gone, which is what he's currently suggesting happened

it's really a lot of conjecture though, because the same results could be produced via mechanics or stacked kills

think it's easier to start from "why would each faction want zoshi dead"
1. be olimar and notice he was pushing into you yesterday
2. be someone who voted xel and kill someone off the wagon, expecting the other guy to clean up the vigi, so you can hide better
3. not want him dead at all but instead hit a guy with a vest - seems less likely unless it's telegraphed by the current lynch attempt on curry. i know if i were in this position i'd try to find a way to lynch the guy i hit, so i can conserve shots

i don't think you strategically no-kill when there's nothing left in the setup to destroy you that doesn't also just kill you

at some point this turned into a post more toward curry lol

My main point about that was that if Psycho was inactive and missed a kill, Star wouldn't want to make a kill because it would be pretty obvious who the third party was then. LIKE I SAID, though, that's probably the less likely scenario over Olimar simply being third party.

inDheart 05-16-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620204)
There's also the case of literally not trying, which seems so wolfy that it's towny (hey inD did I just wifom myself) in a roundabout conspiracy way.

yes

also i don't think surprise at not being lynched is indicative of much tbh, although the most recent 3p comment makes me think olimar is either profoundly unaware of the game state or unsure of the 3p's win con, and that just kinda hurts my head too when i think about it too hard

inDheart 05-16-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620225)
My main point about that was that if Psycho was inactive and missed a kill, Star wouldn't want to make a kill because it would be pretty obvious who the third party was then. LIKE I SAID, though, that's probably the less likely scenario over Olimar simply being third party.

eh. there's like ample things she could argue there instead, because we had the jailkeeper and blocker both in play that night too

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620224)
elaborate

you're implying that there's a reason why i wouldn't want to kill someone who i thought was the third party

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4620227)
eh. there's like ample things she could argue there instead, because we had the jailkeeper and blocker both in play that night too

which is why i called it a paranoid suspicion

roundbox 05-16-2018 10:16 PM

curry and rice why did you have me as your top anti-town and not flip out when I wasn't lynched the next day and conveniently forgot about me to vote xel

it doesn't matter if you think he was third party or not, he was still anti-town, just like you thought I was

Curry and Rice 05-16-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620230)
curry and rice why did you have me as your top anti-town and not flip out when I wasn't lynched the next day and conveniently forgot about me to vote xel

it doesn't matter if you think he was third party or not, he was still anti-town, just like you thought I was

see, that's where this all falls apart

i did not forget about you

roundbox 05-16-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619868)
i mean

it's really only a dumpster fire if you're a wolf

which might very well be true for you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619966)
roundbox (MOST LIKELY WOLF PICK)
Olimar (MOST LIKELY SK PICK)
Xelnya
celirra
Star
Zoshi
InD
is it vain if i put myself as most town

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620033)
I guess "making some fair guesses on game state" and "trying to stimulate activity with a reads list" isn't worth anything then? I suppose you're still salty from me having my eye on you; if Xel wasn't going completely crazy, I'd probably still want to vote for you.

wow the three posts you mention me negatively last day phase
what a wonder to behold

roundbox 05-16-2018 11:16 PM

I can't 100% count olimar to be here so I guess I need to convince star and ind to help me out

luckily they're the two most active players in the game

fwiw I liked star's drunk posting in terms of her transparency, mostly the "I've been hoping someone kills me in the night" post

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620232)
wow the three posts you mention me negatively last day phase
what a wonder to behold

confirmation bias

none of that implies that i ever "forgot" about you

and to be honest, i think you're just going after me because:
1: you know i'm suspicious of you
2: you know i've been an easy mislynch in the past

roundbox 05-17-2018 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620236)
confirmation bias

none of that implies that i ever "forgot" about you

and to be honest, i think you're just going after me because:
1: you know i'm suspicious of you
2: you know i've been an easy mislynch in the past

I would just kill you if you were suspicious of me tbh
can't say that I've known you to be an easy mislynch

there's also the fact that 2/4 players from my perspective are anti-town
this isn't a game with 12 people alive and I'm just hounding you phase after phase

connect me to wolves if you're gonna call me one, and if you're gonna call me SK, sure, go ahead

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620239)
connect me to wolves if you're gonna call me one, and if you're gonna call me SK, sure, go ahead

i guess you're conveniently forgetting about how raeko voted for funnygurl to save you

star-crossed 05-17-2018 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619482)
Roundbox is probably human because he also had the chance to cause a KitB but didn't.

Aside for that, I don't think much else has changed so far about my reads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619696)
What do you think about roundbox currently kind of fading into the background? I for one don't like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619712)
frickin
roundbox

it's d1 now scumhunt fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619793)
roundbox: Current vote; pleased with the thoughts he's given, but I don't know if he's just trying to save himself or genuinely getting into gear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619765)
If funny's a wolf, we know who to look at. Otherwise, I think this gives you slight human points. No way you'd want to stop the lead vote when there's a chance it could turn to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619966)
roundbox (MOST LIKELY WOLF PICK)
Olimar (MOST LIKELY SK PICK)
Xelnya
celirra
Star
Zoshi
InD
is it vain if i put myself as most town

Could you please state your case for why roundbox is the most likely wolf to you? You have mainly said positive things about how he has played besides some concern that he is "fading"?

star-crossed 05-17-2018 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620240)
i guess you're conveniently forgetting about how raeko voted for funnygurl to save you

Oh, I had not actually thought of this. Going back to look at the votes...actually that applies to both you and roundbox. But obviously not from your own perspective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620208)
also like I'm gonna reveal that blocking theory the day before I double down on you
I would not have revealed that and just gunned for your death

Um...why not?

star-crossed 05-17-2018 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620239)
I would just kill you if you were suspicious of me tbh
can't say that I've known you to be an easy mislynch

I do not really like this hypothetical, but I do not really know why. I guess it is because unless you are a mafia or SK I do not know how you really would know what you would do so certainly, so I don't see how you can so strongly believe this? (I mean for all I know, you actually did shoot him and he did not die).

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 03:42 AM

Working on a reply to your post, but got hit by the "post needs mod approval" warning. Don't know if it's because my account technically has 0 posts or if I just unintentionally hit some sort of word filter, so unfortunately I've got to post the reply in pieces and hope I can post it in a way that all of it can go through. Wheeee.

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 03:43 AM

PART 1:
Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620241)
Could you please state your case for why roundbox is the most likely wolf to you? You have mainly said positive things about how he has played besides some concern that he is "fading"?

Looking back, I think roundbox not voting to save FFA was because he thought that he would probably be lynched anyway the next day and didn't want it to be obvious that he was trying to save his partner. In light of the funny wagon and flip, he looks even worse from that, and his comments/reactions at the beginning of the day after that didn't help either (calling the game a "dumpster fire" and complaining about how the "game is proceeding in SK's favour" reads like venting after his partner died).

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 03:43 AM

PART 2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620241)

In terms of posting and other more recent stuff, he was kind of coasting until being called out for it, then picked up dramatically after that (especially after raeko was vigi'd; possibly trying to pick up the pace hoping for a Hail Mary victory?) with variable amounts of relevant content. Spent too much time complaining about bad lynches instead of actually doing anything to stop those lynches (both with funny and Xel, and arguably a little bit with FFA before he was actually lynched and cardflipped) and was/is semi-OMGUS'ing me, neither of which really lean in his favor.