Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   12th Official Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151110)

psychoangel691 08-17-2019 08:21 PM

Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4693826)
We gonna tolerate that or we taking the dashboard out back?

Joking aside, I find the new D2 songs way easier and actually pretty fun. Got it to a blackflag pretty early. Now it's a matter of getting over my paranoia of actually seeing an AAA and nailing that score down

Already did and it won't happen again ;)

yo man im awesome 08-19-2019 12:19 PM

Oops i succ rofl, life came quick

will still play along and see how i fare, gl boyos

Kukulaka 08-20-2019 11:46 AM

Hey anyone, if you place in the tourney a high enough rank to get an event token, does that mean I could use it on something like The Bridgeport Run? I want that song so bad, but idk how to get it from official events. It's such a good song, and i likely can't even play that high level XD but i want it.

psychoangel691 08-20-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kukulaka (Post 4694063)
Hey anyone, if you place in the tourney a high enough rank to get an event token, does that mean I could use it on something like The Bridgeport Run? I want that song so bad, but idk how to get it from official events. It's such a good song, and i likely can't even play that high level XD but i want it.

Bridgeport is part of the event tokens :)

MixMasterLar 08-20-2019 09:45 PM

I don't even know what all the tokens are
I just enjoy tournaments

LeftyRighty 08-21-2019 05:12 PM

finally got a clean score on this song... prawn you made quite the nasty file lmao

edit: :///

MixMasterLar 08-21-2019 05:35 PM

Amazing1111!

psychoangel691 08-22-2019 08:55 PM

Previews starting soon! https://www.twitch.tv/azlyn1

Josemba 08-22-2019 09:48 PM

SK8R43's Details
About me:
The name is Rob. I'm a very nice and chill individual once you get to know me, at first i may be shy but in the end im most def a guy that you will want in your life. Im very active...Like to be outdoors mostly. I enjoy playing ultimate frisbee, bmxing, chillen with friends and skateboarding the most!! I have this amazing girl in my life named Jessica, and i dont know where i would be without her<3 :) I have switched to spread mostly just to get good at something but i still do play one handed sometimes. Not as seriously though ^_^ So get to know me if you wish and i promise you that you wont regret it in the end. Ask for the cell number if ya wanna chat!
Interests:
Jessica, Because she is amazing in EVERY way possible! Love youuu<33333 I also Like to BMX, I collect Arizona Tea cans and bottles(at 653 different ones ATM), Chill with friends and just having fun with anything thats challenging. :)
Fav Music:
Rock, dubstep, country

psychoangel691 08-22-2019 10:04 PM

MikeShinoda12345 08-23-2019 12:54 AM

I've had a 4-0-0-1 run up until the last 200 notes before getting lagspiked
And most runs get a lagspike at the solo or before, and I can't get through a full play without something funky happening to the FPS
It's kind of egotistical to make a post just about this, and it's no one's fault (or my own fault, I've had this laptop for five years but it works well with everything other than FFR)
But yeah idk playing is way more frustrating than it is fun for me now, blegh

PixlSM 08-23-2019 09:31 AM

honestly the round 2 d7 file is horrible for a tournament setting lmao

i like the file its just super unfun to grind

PixlSM 08-23-2019 09:31 AM

also you d7 fucks better not improve your scores last minute

_Zenith_ 08-23-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4694808)
honestly the round 2 d7 file is horrible for a tournament setting lmao

i like the file its just super unfun to grind

Hard disagree, perhaps it just doesn't cater to your particular skillset. With the way D7 players were playing Super Soaker vs October, the two could've been in hindsight switched, but both make for great charts for a tournament.

I'll call out D7, most of y'all are lazy. I know you guys can get better scores than what I'm seeing and I hope seeing more difficult rounds will give us the kick in the arse we need.

PhantomPuppy 08-23-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4694810)
I'll call out D7, most of y'all are lazy. I know you guys can get better scores than what I'm seeing and I hope seeing more difficult rounds will give us the kick in the arse we need.

I haven't played round 2 D7 file since the first day and I only have 8 plays on it, and somehow I'm not in the elimination zone. I'm not even in D7 :/

Considering all of the D7 players currently in danger of being eliminated have kicked my ass before and can still do so confuses me.

rushyrulz 08-23-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Hard disagree, perhaps it just doesn't cater to your particular skillset. With the way D7 players were playing Super Soaker vs October, the two could've been in hindsight switched, but both make for great charts for a tournament.

I might still be alive if I didn't have a shittily-timed vacation last week.

smartdude1212 08-23-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 (Post 4694793)
I've had a 4-0-0-1 run up until the last 200 notes before getting lagspiked
And most runs get a lagspike at the solo or before, and I can't get through a full play without something funky happening to the FPS
It's kind of egotistical to make a post just about this, and it's no one's fault (or my own fault, I've had this laptop for five years but it works well with everything other than FFR)
But yeah idk playing is way more frustrating than it is fun for me now, blegh

Definitely feeling this, my sightread should've been 1 or 2 goods but my laptop (less than a year old) is more likely to experience input lag the longer a song goes on and rolls can be so unpredictable (see also: last round). If I make it to next round I'll be better off because it's short (probably still get fucked over somehow), but any further than that and I'll likely need to change my setup or play everything 100 times if I want to stay in.

And the D8 files aren't even an option for me now but it's just one dump after another so who cares right

fyi 2 still poo \\// \\//

PixlSM 08-23-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

i would improve my score if it didnt involve sitting through a full minute of literally nothing before getting to the relevant part of the file

One Winged Angel 08-23-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartdude1212 (Post 4694849)
Definitely feeling this, my sightread should've been 1 or 2 goods but my laptop (less than a year old) is more likely to experience input lag the longer a song goes on and rolls can be so unpredictable (see also: last round). If I make it to next round I'll be better off because it's short (probably still get fucked over somehow), but any further than that and I'll likely need to change my setup or play everything 100 times if I want to stay in.

And the D8 files aren't even an option for me now but it's just one dump after another so who cares right

fyi 2 still poo \\// \\//

Yeah I'd love to play a file of LOSHAXI's length so I could have a chance to throw up something competitive. Not so much input lag but this laptop gets horrible screen tearing the longer a file goes on. I can kind of put up with it on most charts but anything dense becomes next to unreadable. It's annoying because I can isolate a section of a file and hit it no problem since it'll show up pristine being at the beginning of an isolation (I iso'd 1300 onwards in Wanderflux and shaved off essentially 50 raw goods from my score) but if the section I'm isolating naturally occurs more than a minute from the beginning, it'll look like cat shit.

That combined with a keyboard that doesn't reliably actuate successive quick inputs makes it hard to invest any more than 30 minutes throughout the entirety of a round. Which ultimately is a good thing I suppose when you're slotted with some players that can SDG Undici rather comfortably. I'd rather spend my time more productively, like hunting down shiny barboaches and seeing what penis slang nicknames the game will allow.

smartdude1212 08-23-2019 04:15 PM

I love getting Robotomy-like bzzts that give me 5+ goods/misses each. I played through October once more and improved my 6-0-0-1 to 1-0-2-1 but only the boo was my fault thank u and good nite

really glad I didn't get slotted in D8, I don't think I would've even tried... past me should've been there for sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4694892)
I'd rather spend my time more productively, like hunting down shiny barboaches and seeing what penis slang nicknames the game will allow.

yo I'm at 1020 caught / 1164 seen as of the start of the festival, watch me get blanked like I have every other substantial event since onix

and send me more gifts

Shxfted 08-23-2019 04:59 PM

Played violent arcade for 4 hours and wanderflux for 2, people complaining in D7 just need to admit that they don't care enough to get over it and just grind out a good score

hi19hi19 08-23-2019 05:14 PM

I have to say though it is really fucking frustrating playing on hardware that doesn't allow the game to operate properly.
I feel that.

smartdude1212 08-23-2019 05:34 PM

Sure I could grind out a good score under shitty playing conditions, but when I know I could normally get that same score or better in 1-3 serious tries it's hugely demotivational and also a gigantic waste of time. This is not the FFR of yesteryear where I had endless amounts of time to devote to, say, conquering average misses (AIM Anthem, FOTBB) or screaming at trills (Rengoku). The D7 files so far have been extremely up my alley -- I would've sightread AAA'd this shit almost no problem back in the day, and I still feel like I could.

My only gripe will be if I get 2nd because otherwise Cameron Diaz shaved her head for nothing.

V-Ormix 08-23-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4694809)
also you d7 fucks better not improve your scores last minute

PixlSM 08-23-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-Ormix (Post 4694952)

you fuck now i have to play the file again

PixlSM 08-23-2019 07:28 PM

ok this file is not fun to grind i dont think im going to bother trying to stay in the tourney if it means playing this again

V-Ormix 08-23-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4694954)
you fuck now i have to play the file again

you'll have to play it more than 'again'

PixlSM 08-23-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-Ormix (Post 4694956)
you'll have to play it more than 'again'

yeah only cause its fucking ffr

V-Ormix 08-23-2019 07:42 PM

yah but ffr is like playing J2 on sm

edit: but on a real note i wouldn't of improved if I didn't lower my laptops screen brightness for my eyes to focus and see the actual individual frames before they hit the receptors.

PixlSM 08-23-2019 07:48 PM

playing ffr when used to etterna is like when you have one of those fever dreams where you try to run away from something but your legs have autism and wont work right no matter what you do

Shxfted 08-23-2019 07:54 PM

I think ur just bad pixl

V-Ormix 08-23-2019 07:54 PM

I tried playing sm again like a month ago and was amazed at how random my cbs felt after only playing ffr since I retired sm rofl

edit: sorry to derail thread, if I can make it to round 4 then I'm happy and will admit im pretty bad at this game given it is mostly about how *accurately* one hits the arrows and not just going for combo. perfection to me is too much psychologically when im content with an FC :v

Aquellex 08-23-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

this is actually true - I'm lazy :mrgreen:

and also carefree :mrgreen:

AutotelicBrown 08-23-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquellex (Post 4695037)
this is actually true - I'm lazy :mrgreen:

and also carefree :mrgreen:

Same. The vast majority in D7 should be able to get a low sdg or better with relatively low effort under normal playing conditions.

p.s.: Don't bump me at the last minute ty

MikeShinoda12345 08-24-2019 12:07 AM

Lmfao the rush at the end of Gamma is DP-esque

Also I never listen to breakcore/chiptune/memecore/etc except for FFR but I think I've somehow found some kind of appreciation for the music, it actually sounds good to me

MikeShinoda12345 08-24-2019 12:07 AM

Lmfao the rush at the end of Gamma is DP-esque

Also I never listen to breakcore/chiptune/memecore/etc except for FFR but I think I've somehow found some kind of appreciation for the music, it actually sounds good to me

-paexaea- 08-24-2019 08:17 AM

Probably it for me, D7 boys, even tho we got a week to improve. Idk, probably counting my chickens before they hatch, but I dont see myself making it past this round considering the cutoff point for piss water; plus the players who havent submitted yet.

Matthia 08-24-2019 11:04 AM

Ninty64 08-24-2019 11:11 AM

Does this happen to anyone else? I feel like it randomly happens to me in songs a lot and I don't know what to do about it.

Psychotik 08-24-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninty64 (Post 4695161)
Does this happen to anyone else? I feel like it randomly happens to me in songs a lot and I don't know what to do about it.

Lower your frame rate. Try 55.

Ninty64 08-24-2019 11:58 AM

Thanks! I think that might have fixed it. It feels slightly choppy, but that's much better than having the other thing happen randomly!

the sun fan 08-24-2019 01:13 PM

D5 file really hard 4 me

rayword45 08-24-2019 08:22 PM

ok nobody else play this song plz this is v difficult (so glad combo scoring in tourneys is dead)

V-Ormix 08-25-2019 03:45 PM

o dang i got a new kb but that doesnt really mean i'll improve tho rip

TheSaxRunner05 08-25-2019 04:07 PM

That KB is lit

MixMasterLar 08-25-2019 05:15 PM

...I think I might need to download Air for these because the browser version just chugs halfway through the D2 file and there is no feasible way for me to play around that.

....I am assuming the tournament supports FFR Air yeah?

PhantomPuppy 08-25-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-Ormix (Post 4695461)
o dang i got a new kb but that doesnt really mean i'll improve tho rip

oh, let me know how that keyboard feels, i was actually thinking of getting it as a replacement for my current when it dies :o

snorlaxfatty 08-25-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy (Post 4695467)
oh, let me know how that keyboard feels, i was actually thinking of getting it as a replacement for my current when it dies :o

I can attest and say that that keyboard has a very low ms response time. Everything feels immediate without delays. Definitely worth picking up for gaming.

snorlaxfatty 08-25-2019 08:03 PM

D4's second round song was so much harder than their third round.

Arere 08-25-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorlaxfatty (Post 4695495)

hmmmmmmmmmm

Red Blaster 08-25-2019 10:17 PM

Kinda safe for the time being, but definitely figured out that handstream is something I really struggle with. Anyone got any recommended files that have those sort of patterning in them withing the D3 range? (kind of looking for a variety of stuff to practice on from 50-67ish)

Thanks in advance!

snorlaxfatty 08-25-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4695525)
Kinda safe for the time being, but definitely figured out that handstream is something I really struggle with. Anyone got any recommended files that have those sort of patterning in them withing the D3 range? (kind of looking for a variety of stuff to practice on from 50-67ish)

Thanks in advance!

I would say practice faster jumpstream. Once you get used to that then go back to your d3 song and it'll be a lot slower and easier to read.

TC_Halogen 08-26-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Kayla's chart for I See You Staring has some light handstreaming blips in it at a higher tempo than Old Skool - perhaps that could be a proper thing to practice.

MixMasterLar 08-26-2019 06:49 PM

Air got me from 23rd to 6th on the leaderboard and that's pretty sexy. Forgot the game can be fun when it isn't dropping fans. Probably never going back to the browser version again.

j-rodd123 08-26-2019 08:20 PM

Can someone please tell me how to get air to work? I downloaded The OT version of the engine and downloaded adobe air on the link it told me to, however whenever I try to open R3Air it says it requires a version of adobe AIR which cannot be found (again I’ve downloaded adobe AIR from the link it provides and it’s definitely downloaded...)

I would just love to play without massive lag every time lol

Blackskull305 08-26-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Play Twilight of the Thunder God on like 0.5 - 0.7 rate; it's on the FFR mania server. Handstream/stamina heaven.

MixMasterLar 08-27-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4695719)
Can someone please tell me how to get air to work? I downloaded The OT version of the engine and downloaded adobe air on the link it told me to, however whenever I try to open R3Air it says it requires a version of adobe AIR which cannot be found (again I’ve downloaded adobe AIR from the link it provides and it’s definitely downloaded...)

I would just love to play without massive lag every time lol

I downloaded it from the announcement page from like, 2017 (thanks google) and assuming I launch it from the folder and not try to move anythinb to the desktop it worked fine

Soundwave- 08-27-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorlaxfatty (Post 4695495)

it's like, far beyond the bpm range of D4. The second round song was an exercise in patience, this is probably the first song I'd say you need to actually put in some work.

snorlaxfatty 08-27-2019 06:48 PM

So this just happened

storn42 08-27-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4695842)
it's like, far beyond the bpm range of D4. The second round song was an exercise in patience, this is probably the first song I'd say you need to actually put in some work.

I mean i'd say its only just outside the d4 range though. I wouldve expected next round for us to enter d5 songs, but i dont think its THAT hard for d4. That said, im also a biased d9 player in d4.

MixMasterLar 08-27-2019 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorlaxfatty (Post 4695845)
So this just happened

Good stuff

SK8R43 08-28-2019 04:11 PM

Am i D6 yet? LMFAO

Soundwave- 08-28-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4695849)
I mean i'd say its only just outside the d4 range though. I wouldve expected next round for us to enter d5 songs, but i dont think its THAT hard for d4. That said, im also a biased d9 player in d4.

It's a doozy. Still in the "if I had more than a week of college days I could probably AAA this" range but just barely.

Red Blaster 08-28-2019 11:21 PM

After a lot of replaying and playing other things similar to this file, I've finally secured (hopefully) myself into round 4!
It's been fun playing this one, but I'm kinda happy to not have to play it again..at least for a while.

11brendon 08-29-2019 12:52 AM

my scores havent been up to par by my standards so far for this tourney because i dont want to grind out the files and get dumb mindblocks on them, i would rather come back to them at a later date and get good scores when im playing better. violent arcade is the only file i have really disliked so far, the other 2 are ok. not a fan of the 2 really hard transition patterns in wanderflux. hq rips is kind of pretty backloaded but i think the rest is cool and the song slaps. i hope the next few files are a bit less jumptrilly than the previous ones because im not too good at those

hi19hi19 08-29-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11brendon (Post 4695995)
i hope the next few files are a bit less jumptrilly than the previous ones because im not too good at those

At the level of files you're playing, due to FFR's frame system, nearly everything ends up being either jumptrilly, one hand trilly, or minijacky. It's a battle to find a song that doesn't fall victim to one of those three...

psychoangel691 08-29-2019 09:26 AM

Just a reminder previews tonight 9pm servertime over at twitch.tv/azlyn1

MikeShinoda12345 08-29-2019 11:01 AM

gg if both Etienne and SillyFangirl get eliminated on nonsubmission

Shxfted 08-29-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4695997)
At the level of files you're playing, due to FFR's frame system, nearly everything ends up being either jumptrilly, one hand trilly, or minijacky. It's a battle to find a song that doesn't fall victim to one of those three...

Fireball when

Moria 08-29-2019 01:40 PM

fireball when?

i'm not part of this tourney but i wanted to shoutout to halogen for the october remix last round. thank you, it was really cool to hear that song again and with a refreshing change

great file, kudos

psychoangel691 08-29-2019 08:51 PM

Starting soon! https://www.twitch.tv/azlyn1

Shxfted 08-29-2019 09:38 PM

I'M NOT SORRY

choof 08-29-2019 09:52 PM

well it absolutely blows what I was working on out of the water so don't be sorry bub

Coolboyrulez0 08-29-2019 09:53 PM

Mostly really good offerings this round, actually Pog

psychoangel691 08-29-2019 10:01 PM

vid!

Psychotik 08-29-2019 10:43 PM

Really looking forward to D5's chart. Love me some Shnabahnbhahbnula.

snorlaxfatty 08-29-2019 10:47 PM

I have no doubt I cannot fc the d4 song lol.

bmah 08-29-2019 11:59 PM

D3 ain't overlayered! Turn up the volume. Or maybe I need to adjust the mp3 which is a bit softer than usual. The song is pretty bass-y towards the end and that's where a lot of the 16ths lie.

One Winged Angel 08-30-2019 04:02 PM

D8 chart looks super well constructed for its difficulty. Conversion really blows chunks though (I'm pretty sure I saw a pseudo-hand in at least one of the bursts so that's cool).

I'm surprised D7 is getting Verse IV this late, I assumed D6 would've been getting it at this point. Given how frontloaded it is in difficulty I wouldn't be surprised if this hits (or even exceeds if I'm being honest) the same AAA count of October. Really glad those 48ths at the start aren't transitioned into from the same hand that starts the burst anymore.

D6 is fantastic.

Gradiant 08-30-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4696117)
D3 ain't overlayered! Turn up the volume. Or maybe I need to adjust the mp3 which is a bit softer than usual. The song is pretty bass-y towards the end and that's where a lot of the 16ths lie.

I didn't see anything wrong with it, looked pretty great.