Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What map made you fall in love with the game? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153881)

Kerori 03-15-2022 03:41 AM

What map made you fall in love with the game?

Is there a map that you played in your early days that really inspired you to keep playing? A map that you continue to aspire to clear? Or a map that you consider as the holy grail? Very curious to know!

ositzxz369 03-15-2022 04:38 AM

Re: What map made you fall in love with the game?

(1.) Early day love = Herbie Goes Ballistic (2.) Aspire to clear = Metro (3.) Holy grail = Undici

Tantive72 03-15-2022 07:42 AM

My early day StepMania love was Made of Fire lmao. I really wanted to play that song so bad after watching TeRa play it, but I was a total noob so I stuck with playing the easier EuroFeet simfile. The day I FC'd that I lost it.

As for my answer to the other two, I would love to one day be able to clear FREEDOM DiVE [Fullerene's 4K DIMENSIONS] but that is def some years away for me.

kmay 03-15-2022 08:47 AM

Geez so many songs. Rottel-de-station, {Rose}, EHHS.

XelNya 03-15-2022 09:52 AM

We don’t have maps here…

But some of the files I enjoyed from the early times are {Rose} Klung Kung, Monstrous Turtles, Holy Orders, and probably Max Forever.

Now I don’t hold most of these in as high regard, but man those files were fun as fuck.

If I had to pick a “holy grail” kind of file it’d probably be like vertex beta, but again, I don’t quite hold it in the same sphere these days.

I guess to clarify I still like Rose and Holy Orders.

gold stinger 03-15-2022 11:36 AM

Specifically for me, it was B.B. Evolution. It's a mid-70's file now, but back in the day it was one of the easier yet most popular FMO songs (For Master's Only) so passing it was quite exhilarating for a D1-D2 player.

Southern Cross was also treated with the same kind of love, but not in the same way B.B. Evolution was, because of how difficulty spikes were laid out in that particular file (easy 4th & 8ths facade at the beginning, followed by 16th walls for a short period, and periodic bursts outside of D2 range, half-way through the file it hits its 70 difficulty consistently).

kmay 03-15-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4776590)
Specifically for me, it was B.B. Evolution. It's a mid-70's file now, but back in the day it was one of the easier yet most popular FMO songs (For Master's Only) so passing it was quite exhilarating for a D1-D2 player.

Southern Cross was also treated with the same kind of love, but not in the same way B.B. Evolution was, because of how difficulty spikes were laid out in that particular file (easy 4th & 8ths facade at the beginning, followed by 16th walls for a short period, and periodic bursts outside of D2 range, half-way through the file it hits its 70 difficulty consistently).

OMG Southern Cross was one my my favorites! Just really enjoy the song and the file goes nicely with it I think

AAAorQUIT 03-15-2022 12:54 PM

a chart that really got me into the rhythm game genre was a file in etterna that used Break by The Quick Brown Fox. was super hard but i made it my goal to beat it. and i did caues im cool... forgot what pack it was in

Psychotik 03-15-2022 01:05 PM

Air and Hajnal I had on replay all the time back in the day.

MarioNintendo 03-15-2022 01:20 PM

Classical Insanity

PhantomPuppy 03-15-2022 01:24 PM

way back in the day when i was but a wee lad, my cousin and I played the legend of zelda remix that turns into yoshi at the end.

completely forgot about this game, but i remembered that file. googled around and found this game was still around back in 2012, and the rest is history :P

Snupeh 03-15-2022 02:29 PM

La Campanella

icontrolyourworld 03-15-2022 11:38 PM

DTM's Fury of the Storm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNzeBjS_mCM

FlynnMac 03-16-2022 12:59 AM

Never really had a favorite map tbh

hi19hi19 03-16-2022 04:43 AM

toph's Beyond the Earth on Stepmania

SubaruPoptart 03-16-2022 01:34 PM

Guitar Vs. Piano was what brought me to this game in the first place since I was a huge fan of Goukisan at the time. I first found the song in like 2007, 2008 on Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 2 and when I found out FFR had that and Betrayal of Fear I was in.

The files that made me stay were Air, {I Don't Need You Anymore}, Hyoukai, Diamond Heart (FFR Edit), A, HTIJ, Jeh Jeh Slammin', and a whole bunch more. Joining the discord/interacting on the forums was what really made me get into the game even more.

God idk how I forgot Heavenly Spores. That, ULTRAnumb, and Big Blue from my memory were my big like "This is peak performance"-type goals at the time.

Fillo 03-16-2022 02:10 PM

Emo nerd smashes his room (Tera maid of fire)

mi40 03-16-2022 04:14 PM

teh tricky techno is really fun
also yoshi's cookie

sweet2kill210 03-16-2022 04:36 PM

It's so hard to narrow it down to one....

When I finally managed to FC Thinking Different! Felt so amazing. For a time, I was alternating between trying to do super well at that one and Secret Zombie Room.

Once I got those two down I was hooked because I realized the more difficult files were possible even though they seemed impossibly difficult (funny since the majority of the songs available back when I started are barely mid-60s difficulty or below now).

The first file I tried to get really good at, though, was Salad for Your Tuesday because it was not too easy, not too hard when I first started and it was pretty fun. :-D

samurai7694 03-16-2022 04:47 PM

Flight of the Bumblebee made me interested in the game
Otaku Speedvibe [Oni]'s token requirement drove me to be a top player and eventually a stepfile artist