Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   what's the worst movie you've seen and why? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152880)

Rivaloo 02-27-2021 08:07 PM

what's the worst movie you've seen and why?

I 'tried' watching that pokemon movie power of us and some how I knew before renting it there was a very high likely hood of being disappointed... basically I couldn't finish it cause I simply wasn't getting that epic cinematic vibe in a fantasy genre I enjoyed from the older movies, it's hard to expect them to still deliver on some thing that's too new and too different (it still coulda been better) but ye that's now my least favorite film that I can remember now.

edit: to be fair, the film was made for ages 6-12 and I'm not exactly a spring chicken anymore lmao, but I swear even as a kid this would at best be mildly entertaining??

reptile3141 02-27-2021 08:19 PM

Re: what's the worst movie you've seen and why?

Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom. I felt that it was trying WAY too hard. That, and I also found it strangely boring. Lot of people seem to like it tho so what do I know. *shrug*

melonpapes 02-28-2021 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricZap9 (Post 4756641)
'I Don't Know', directed by someone I don't know, is something I don't know, I don't know because I don't know what to not know about.

I don't know what's happening, I didn't know if there was a plot and I don't know if there is one, I didn't know who the characters were, I didn't know if there were characters.
I don't know about the visuals, because I didn't know if there were any visuals at all; I didn't know what visuals I was looking at.
there was some conflict or something that I didn't know about, to make this thing I don't know about move forward the plot I didn't know about and still don't.
I doubt this had a soundtrack, or maybe it was just me not knowing and I think it was similar to Pink Floyd but I don't know.
There was a chunk of the movie just full of product placement, or maybe it was a NASCAR scene? I don't know what the scene was, I don't even know if it was a filler or not, or even know if it exists or not.
and were there any credits? I don't know, was there any exposition? for starters, there is no story; how can you make an exposition? make an exposition out of nothing? I don't know.
How much money did this movie make? I don't know, I don't even know if movies can make money, are movies treated like slaves? slaves who labor for stuff I guess? are the directors the owners and traders of the slaves? maybe this movie is trying to make a statement, that movies are nothing more than labor so that they give their master (or in this case, creator or director) some money, while the movies themselves don't get shit, other than maybe existing but I don't know, and the creators themselves are also nothing, considering the things they made are also nothing.
well I don't know, I don't know if I'm actually talking about a film that actually exists or if I'm merely just imagining a film I fought I didn't know existed and tried to extrapolate something that I "created" "myself" or I'm just making shit up, just to make a shitty post on a shitty thread where there is no point, purpose, reason for it to exist in a place where it's mostly adults and I, who already failed to blend in naturally, turns to mimicry in an attempt to bond or something like that, so that I could engage myself into some cool talks with people for a very, very long time.

tl;dr I don't know.

seek help :)

Rivaloo 02-28-2021 04:10 AM

Aw man I hope my thread doesn't get closed again cause some one who needs help decided to post in it lmao

Rivaloo 02-28-2021 05:14 AM

Are you the ultraviolet junglist

kmay 02-28-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivaloo (Post 4756648)
Aw man I hope my thread doesn't get closed again cause some one who needs help decided to post in it lmao

they should just delete the post

ilikexd 02-28-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricZap9 (Post 4756650)
Time to compensate, Firstly, I didn't read the title and fought you had to talk about "the worst movie" and reason stuff. Now anyways, onto my compensation

'Memories' by Laxenanchaos:
Lead instrumental sounds like some minecraft Ripoff but ends up sounding extra Cringe, but with the breaks, even more Cringe, sounds so Bad Bad Bad, but in the first track, there's this Weird pong snare sound and is so Cringe, I kind of like it, but still Atrocious, the second track Doesn't Exist. And the third track? it sounds like Renard trying to imitate VS / "Dev/Null" (more emphasis on the latter) but Failing miserably as usual.
Conclusion: Bad minecraft Ripoff, Cringe pong, non-existence, Cheap Dev/Null thing.
Note: This Thing was released on the same label (Virgin Babylon Records) that has artists like World's End Girlfriend and freaking KASHIWA Daisuke
https://virginbabylonrecords.bandcam...album/memories

I love this movie

qrrbrbirbel 02-28-2021 10:43 AM

havent ever been so confused watching a movie.

Blows the new star wars movies out of the water with how haphazard the plot is.

like watching russia and china shake hands for a coming ww3; actual propaganda in the movie

rayword45 02-28-2021 11:06 AM

fuck primer

_DJ Vinyl_ 02-28-2021 11:38 AM

The Cat in the Hat was honestly just a trip some directors had

XelNya 02-28-2021 01:22 PM

Mad Max Fury Road.

Travis_Flesher 03-4-2021 12:39 AM

What's the worst movie you've seen and why?

I thought long and hard about this one before finally choosing "Inglorious Basterds."
The reason I chose it was because of its' inaccurate depiction of World War 2.

mellonxcollie 03-4-2021 12:41 AM

dragonball evolution is both the best and worst film I've ever seen

Mollocephalus 03-4-2021 01:34 AM

Twilight

I was young and naive :( everything in it was so fucking cringe and struggled to make any sense whatsoever, it was literal tumblr fanfiction

I didn't watch it but considering what I saw of it 50 shades of grey could easily top the #1 spot for audiovisive vomit!

Rivaloo 03-4-2021 07:39 AM

I'm at work and this morning one of my coworkers said sausage party was the worst movie he had seen but maybe he meant in a good way lmao

Edit OH HOWD I FORGET THE LIVE ACTION DRAGONBALL MOVIE...it was bad

mellonxcollie 03-4-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricZap9 (Post 4756855)
Wasn't Fifty Shades of Grey (predominantly the novel) initially Twilight fanfiction?

yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivaloo (Post 4756867)
I'm at work and this morning one of my coworkers said sausage party was the worst movie he had seen but maybe he meant in a good way lmao

I saw this in theatres with 3 other people and we all just walked out like wtf was that

Unlike Dragonball Evolution, which I saw in theatres twice

radioamor 03-4-2021 12:17 PM

Re: What's the worst movie you've seen and why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis_Flesher (Post 4756850)
I thought long and hard about this one before finally choosing "Inglorious Basterds."
The reason I chose it was because of its' inaccurate depiction of World War 2.

This is a really befuddling reason to hate the movie to such a degree, but clearly we do not consume films in the same manner. EDIT: Did I just let myself get memed?
I'm not sure if it's the worst movie I've ever seen, but "The 15:17 to Paris" has to be the most head-scratching, comically inept wide release I've seen in recent years. Senile Clint Eastwood was kind of funny when he was directing vitriolic nonsense like "Gran Torino", but now it's just sad. There's a considerable section of this film that's just a Paris vlog.
"Serenity" (the 2019 one, not the Firefly film) is also a really baffling movie to watch unravel. I can't really describe why it's so uniquely terrible without getting into spoilers, however, and it's truly a sight to behold with virgin eyes if you want to truly appreciate the scale of incompetent filmmaking on display.