Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150650)

Fallaise 01-27-2019 02:52 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4665655)
f.y.i. in D6, I plan on opting to give my event token to the person in 4th place, since I already have all the tokens, and more than enough credits.

Oh heck this is a really nice idea. Support tokens are pretty rare, so I should probably stop hoarding them on alts. If I'm still third by the time the tourney finishes, could my token be given to fifth place?

Psychotik 01-27-2019 02:53 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallaise (Post 4665788)
If I'm still third by the time the tourney finishes, could my token be given to fifth place?

Make it 5th place in D5 :)

devonin 01-27-2019 06:32 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmerz (Post 4665787)
Please dear god consider putting me in D5.

You are the 2nd lowest level player in D6, but you'd be the highest level player in D5.

SputnikOwns 01-27-2019 06:57 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4665804)
You are the 2nd lowest level player in D6, but you'd be the highest level player in D5.

Meh, some files are vastly overrated.

Elmerz 01-27-2019 09:30 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4665804)
You are the 2nd lowest level player in D6, but you'd be the highest level player in D5.

So it's ok for someone else to be the highest lvl in d5, just not me? Strange.

PhantomPuppy 01-27-2019 09:41 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4665804)
You are the 2nd lowest level player in D6, but you'd be the highest level player in D5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmerz (Post 4665818)
So it's ok for someone else to be the highest lvl in d5, just not me? Strange.

one of these days we might have a tourney with people not constantly complaining about sandbaggers. this is apparently not that tourney.

it's worth pointing out that the only guy level 83 in D5 reached that level during this tourney, so it was completely fair to place him in D5 at the beginning. i'm gonna have to side with devonin's decision on this one.

devonin 01-27-2019 10:02 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmerz (Post 4665818)
So it's ok for someone else to be the highest lvl in d5, just not me? Strange.

You're a D6 levelled player, so yes, you being the highest ranked player in D5 is different from the highest level D5 player being the highest ranked player in D5.

Kawaiimachine 01-28-2019 03:35 AM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
I know its not really your responisbility but getting bmah'd by halcyon 2 tourneys in a row is bit of an ugh

mrpreggers 01-28-2019 06:14 AM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
can i be put in d6 please

Funnygurl555 01-28-2019 11:16 AM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
i'd be honored to be placed in a higher division than i think i am

then again, i'm d6 lol

icyworld1hand 01-28-2019 06:40 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
I feel like I might get D7 accidentally one day o.o

hard_choices 01-28-2019 06:45 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Boom, not last. Bring it, bottom of D2!

dashoe93 01-28-2019 07:50 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy (Post 4665819)
it's worth pointing out that the only guy level 83 in D5 reached that level during this tourney, so it was completely fair to place him in D5 at the beginning. i'm gonna have to side with devonin's decision on this one.

They took 7 attempts to get 3 goods on Etude lmao

I could take 100 attempts and not improve that fast. It's not a mystery as to why people complain about sandbagging.

PhantomPuppy 01-28-2019 08:24 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dashoe93 (Post 4665865)
They took 7 attempts to get 3 goods on Etude lmao

I could take 100 attempts and not improve that fast. It's not a mystery as to why people complain about sandbagging.

the point is that before the tourney he was a D5 looking only at level, so devonin had no way of knowing to place him higher. people complaining directly to him about it doesn't solve anything.

edit: also, i would completely understand if a D5 was complaining about it since it directly affects them, but the person complaining in this situation is D6 lol

gold stinger 01-28-2019 11:51 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
@suicidaln00b,

fuck.

that.

Confirmed actually impossible to win a D6 tournament.

devonin 01-29-2019 02:28 AM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy (Post 4665867)
the point is that before the tourney he was a D5 looking only at level, so devonin had no way of knowing to place him higher. people complaining directly to him about it doesn't solve anything.

edit: also, i would completely understand if a D5 was complaining about it since it directly affects them, but the person complaining in this situation is D6 lol

I'm pretty sure at the time I replied to the thread he was also D5 levelled too. He's -barely- into D6 range right now.

But the whole point of the tournament was to push people to improve, so somebody who had enough gameplays to be placed into a division, just -getting better- to the point where halfway through, they've squeaked into the division above is just the tournament working properly.

The person in 1st in D1 right now is D2 leveled but started in D1, and I haven't moved them up either. There's a person in D2 who is D3 leveled and isn't even winning. Clearly everybody ahead of them should also all be put into D3 even though they're still under level 50.

I've moved up people that have just blown right past the division and up into the next one. But being 2 or 3 levels higher than you started was the GOAL. Why would anybody try as hard as they could to improve and get their best scores if the INSTANT reward was "Putting you up into a division where you'll get ruined into paste"

This was a -TEST RUN- for a tournament format built specifically to have the effect of pushing people to improve their overall skill level enough to go up a division. Complaining that people have improved their overall skill enough to go up a division is sort of contrary to the purpose here.

If nothing else, seeing now that we can structure a format where people will actually push their skill up and get PBs and then improve them to new PBs is valuable information to find ways to make this format even better in the future. I'm already working on a scoring system to not reward placing in your division, but instead reward skill level improvement, using the tournament just as a structure for a start and end date. I'm also working on a reward system to make it so that improving your way up out of a division gives you a worthwhile reward on its own at the time you get moved up mid-tourney that it's actually an incentive and not a punishment to level up.

devonin 01-29-2019 02:34 AM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
tl;dr Someone's working on people's issues with perceived and actual sandbagging.

rayword45 01-29-2019 01:37 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
lmao at complaining about sandbaggers in this tourney where the only prizes are credits and some tokens you probably werent gonna play anyways

CobaltZeroni19 01-29-2019 09:03 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Makin' first post from D1 to say that it did push me to get better, I've leveled up twice today after practicing the songs. Thank you for the push, devonin :)

EDIT: but it's also my first tourney, so I'd like to know how prize distribution works. Do only the top three per division get stuff, or will I get something for placing 6th?

SK8R43 01-29-2019 09:28 PM

Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CobaltZeroni19 (Post 4665920)
Makin' first post from D1 to say that it did push me to get better, I've leveled up twice today after practicing the songs. Thank you for the push, devonin :)

EDIT: but it's also my first tourney, so I'd like to know how prize distribution works. Do only the top three per division get stuff, or will I get something for placing 6th?

Typically, theres a participation prize. Usually 5-20k credits depending on how many people are in the tourny and how many credits are in the pot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution