Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

gold stinger 11-8-2016 04:56 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4491107)
Listen to Coldplay.

dickturd numero deux

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4491162)
My first game related post: I like YoshL being inquisitive here and the intention is very pure.

dude, no. I don't like what you did there. Makes me think that you're going to take his dick to dinner and also drive it home and give it a massage in the same night, regardless of whatever he says. At least quote some stuff that ya like so I don't think you're glorifying everything he's said on andy/dfr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491170)
So if it's off it's allowed and if it's on, it's not? I assumed I knew what that rule meant, lol. Either way, me not knowing the rule should in some way indicate I haven't been using it, and thus my posts aren't choreographed.
I'm not going to sit here and claim inexperience or ignorance as an excuse to make low-content/no-content posts. I have a bad feeling about that AA post, and even if he comes here and rides your dick for defending him, I'm probably still going to have that feeling. But we'll have to see.

Okay, so I generalized a tactic. Good to know I was wrong. I still believe that would cause chaos or at least prevent bandwagoning.

As I began to refute your further points, I realized my original accusation no longer makes sense to me. MML has a town read on tokzic, which AA questioned. But if AA and tokzic are both wolves, then AA should support a town read on his fellow wolf, not question it. I don't think that clears AA for me yet, but I feel less strongly on him being a wolf. tokzic is in question too, but not scum.

I can promise you this is not the case. I've never talked to tokzic before. I don't know if he's town or not, but MML seems like a smart duder.

Anyway, YoshL, I don't think you'd be this aggressive if you weren't town, so that's my read on you.

-o24

Town leaning andy for right now. It reminds me of my reasoning during the first game I ever played. I didn't talk much during my first game because I was a wolf, but I feel like this is what I would be pooping out if I rolled town that game.

While I do somewhat like the kind of push & nailing on the head that YoshL is doing, I genuinely think that andy is putting out a noob game, without much thought on the posts besides expressing that he just didn't know some certain things about the game until it started and people acted differently about it.

There's a first for everyone, this ma first Mystery game and here I am thinking that everyone was going to have the common decency to dress up. smh

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491202)
this doesn't sound like dfr

what do dfr sound like? :^)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491219)
when you say it feels like a weird post from me, there are a few possibilities:

1. you have a meta on me that I normally shitpost a lot (if you do that's a lie because I don't), and therefore me immediately being serious is strange

2. you have a general meta of townspeople shitposting (not true afaik) and me not doing so stands out as scummy

3. other

which is it?

I have a meta on you that tells me you get tilted af very easily lmao

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491221)
Also, agreed,

So dfr is sticking his neck out for the new guy because...? Is the question that I had in my head. Coupled with his eagerness to start defending makes me think, based on the mini outburst, that, indeed, had strong opinions on the new player being pcked on with such scrutiny. Ergo, because he displayed frustration that he's pure and most likely town.

...And that's my emotion read. lol

ooooh so dat wat dfr sound like. hmm ok..-ish.
Wonder if YoshL's opinion/thought is any different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491225)
also wait how is this even part of your accusation

it was literally the first page of the game, I don't see how that can be part of your accusation unless you're throwing it on there as a way of reinforcing the scum me that you've painted in your mind

that face when 'literally the first page of the game' relates so much with what I did regarding the last game I played where I was wolf. You know, that one where ya got tilted as fuc as bad town read d0?

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491244)
as i said earlier it's a subject that i have strong opinions and beliefs in. personally i don't see why this is big now when i've done so in the past in and out of games.

and i said it's not fair to say out of 20 because i feel like that could be used to credit yourself in someway. even then out of 20 vs out of 10 is a difference of 5% or 10%.

I like this post, not like, w e w l a d amounts, but like, amounts.

andy-o24 11-8-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491208)
that's what interractions are for. you push, you get answers, you find some other round asshole to box in and push

roundbox call out?

-o24

gold stinger 11-8-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491268)
This just in, players don't like the way YoshL goes about the game!!!

ayy

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491274)
yoshl is probably town lol

exam in 25 minutes yay

Quote:

My first game related post: I like YoshL being inquisitive here and the intention is very pure.

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4491341)
I have a meta on you that tells me you get tilted af very easily lmao

we'll see if that meta still holds true

gold stinger 11-8-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491347)
we'll see if that meta still holds true

dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 05:28 PM

storn for doing a fantastic job of ignoring my question and dipping his feet into the andy/yoshl interaction without actually doing anything

MixMasterLar 11-8-2016 05:30 PM

On phone, still need to read last 2 pages. Lets get some thoughts out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491145)
Literally my first game ever. Never mafia'd in person, never TWG'd in a thread. I skimmed through a turbo thread on here, and watched a little of The Town (the BTS DotA 2 circle jerk mafia thing), but that's it.

Isn't it generally a wolf strategy to lay low and try to cause chaos by questioning every read anyone makes? And if AA and tokzic are both wolves (I don't think tokzic is at this point, btw) wouldn't it be good for AA to dispel any suspicions early on to protect his furry brethren? It feels like a weird post from AA. He could have jumped in on the shit posts, but immediately picked that out.

-o24

See I know everyone gives shit to Andy for this but I'm 100% no wolf partner he could possibly have would tell him to take that stance.

Even by himself, I dont know if Wolf Andy would be the one to try and rock the boat.

Quote:

I don't know if I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491182)
dfr

cya later

This vote has no reason to exist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491198)
dfr feels super awkward right now, and i'm kinda surprised that he's not familiar with the standard yoshl fare, grill the new guy so it's easier to read them

especially doing something like asking "ok is this interaction over?" feels like he's overly cognizant of his position in this game, which feels much more scummy than not

He's taken that stance as town before.

And I guess I'm not familiar with standard YoshL fare then cause you aggressive as fuck right now.

Quote:

also i have to disagree with you freezinice.

in a mystery game where there are people who are on the lookout for specific names of roles (guessing from the setup), wolves and other factions have quite a lot to gain most likely from being able to choreograph your moves - also speaking from experience, i think that wolves do set up things like that, and especially with a newer player, it becomes easier since their meta is wholly unknown. i.e. andy seems like the player to make just unemotional and flat statements for the most part (at least, as best as i can describe what i'm seeing from him)

Wait

People having abilities based on their character? Ok maybe. Like as far as I can tell that's not really the case but NEEDING TO KNOW SOMEONE ELSES? That's hella specific yo

How about you explain why you came to that conclusion YoshL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491209)
Also, I would emotion read dfr right here, but this game, gonna try not to do that.

I mean

I aint clearing anyone d0 but
I'm ok emotionally reading him town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491242)
that furthers my point. I'm saying there was little to no real pressure or danger of being lynched, or even any semblance of a bandwagon forming

which makes your current emotional outburst pretty big

It happened just this turbo. And he always takes that stance anyway.
There is nothing to see with DFR atm

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491247)
i'm not talking about history at the moment'

i'm saying literally when you chimed in emotionally about newer players getting lynched and w/e, was there any danger of there being a bandwagon forming on andy
was there any indication that anyone else was agreeing with me
was there any reason to "OH NO ANDY IS GOING TO GET LYNCHED I NEED TO JUMP IN AND SAVE HIM"

the difference between "out of 20" is that you still need a majority of all the players, even those who haven't even posted or done anything for a lynch. Establishing a good baseline reads level for a new player is stupid important because quite a lot of at least FFR twg revolves around player meta, even though it's not the end-all-be-all.

Don't handwave the history point its valid. You're trying awfully hard here.

Gonna eat KFC and casually read thread. YoshL please get back at me

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 05:37 PM

MML:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4490564)

I would be very careful about revealing which specific character you have randed. It might not be in your best interest to do so.

perhaps this is where yoshl's "guessing from the setup" comes from

just maybe

ShadoWolfe 11-8-2016 05:38 PM

Just getting home, I should have a couple hours or so that I can dump into this. Haven't really been feeling game, but looks like it's starting to get interesting so we'll see.

Brb reading

YoshL 11-8-2016 05:39 PM

this just in

mml has the reading comprehensiom of a 2 year old and cant read massive text in the op

YoshL 11-8-2016 05:40 PM

ninjaed as fuc lol

YoshL 11-8-2016 05:46 PM

took a nap after coming home from work, good to know that MML's intelligence and lack of comprehension still fails to span the width of his eyes to computer screen

Charu 11-8-2016 05:53 PM

Daaaaaaaamn

Charu 11-8-2016 05:53 PM

That fucking burn bro

Charu 11-8-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4491357)
Just getting home, I should have a couple hours or so that I can dump into this. Haven't really been feeling game, but looks like it's starting to get interesting so we'll see.

Brb reading

Feel the game with me.

Charu 11-8-2016 05:55 PM

It's a warm cuddly feeling.

Charu 11-8-2016 05:55 PM

The type of feeling that makes your hairs stand up in absolute terror!

XelNya 11-8-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491365)

The only feeling required is the cold embrace of despair.
Arbys.

ShadoWolfe 11-8-2016 06:30 PM

Oh my god, that was a lot to take in.

I'm not familiar enough with YoshL's meta to base a read on his push just yet, because it seems that anyone above a certain skill level could certainly make a push like that as either town or scum. I think andy is probably town (his tone seems really relatable to my first time here in BOATS), but it's way too early for me to tell.

Quote:

Yes, it does sound entirely like DFR. DFR has, in almost every game with a new player, made at least a small reference to how much he hates that we insist on leaving new players on the table D0. He's commented on it D0 when there was only one vote on Aryxi, he commented on it in the game with Pazzaz, he's made repeated mentions of it in various turbos with me, and it just generally seems to be a big issue for him. I say this because I was actually thinking "oh, here DFR goes again" when I read his post, only to see you in the next post claim it didn't sound like him.

With that said, I think DFR should be less concerned for new players. There's literally a content advisory in the rules thread, and they know what they're signing up for. When a game is rolled, RNG doesn't care who's new and who isn't in determining scum, and neither should you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491364)
Feel the game with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491365)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491366)
The type of feeling that makes your hairs stand up in absolute terror!

Lol this^

Also, can anyone more familiar with him confirm the "aggressive on new players to better get a read on them" aspect of YoshL's meta for me, please?

YoshL 11-8-2016 06:35 PM

honestly, from where i've ducked into recent twgs, i've never been at the point where dfr has ever outbursted emotionally like that about lynching new players. That's my pov, if he's actually like that (which looks like there's a good set of people who are affirrming that) then that's fine. Alot of my reasoning still stands though, since I still don't believe anything warranted the section where he got as upset as he did.

and at the same time, if a player poorly defends themself D0 and ends up lynched, it doesn't matter if they're new or not. I've forever been an advocate of newb card not fucking mattering at all during games tbh