Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   So I made a game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152597)

cedolad 12-1-2020 12:54 PM

So I made a game

Luna's Odyssey

So a friend and I decided to take up learning game development, and take a serious shot at it this time around, as prior attempts we'd dump the project and nothing ever came about. But this time, we joined a Game Jam with the intent of not only finishing a project, but at least in our minds, start a project with potential to grow into more. And so came out this. We've released our first game, and in the future (after the Jam's voting period is over), we plan to continue developing it for an Android port.

I'd really love if you'd take the time to play it, and I'd even appreciate it more if you had the time to leave any feedback, love you all <3

mi40 12-1-2020 06:49 PM

Re: So I made a game

ayy

PhantomPuppy 12-1-2020 07:41 PM

ooh sick dude, i'll go check it out

edit: ok i'm about 5 min in and i already have no idea what i'm supposed to be doing O_O

katanaeyegaming 12-3-2020 04:49 PM

I'll check it out and also may I ask what this is written in?

HBar 12-3-2020 07:14 PM

Neat game, I like the trippy wormhole graphics in the intro.

I can't get past level 5 yet, I fail at the start half the time, and then the few times I was able to navigate around the first planet after the next wormhole I crashed into something else.

It seems like the cursor needs to be close to the moon for the redirect power to register the intended direction, would it be possible to make it work regardless of how far away the cursor is?

cedolad 12-3-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy (Post 4751939)
ooh sick dude, i'll go check it out

edit: ok i'm about 5 min in and i already have no idea what i'm supposed to be doing O_O

It's kind of like a platformer, orbit some planets and head through wormholes. Definitely going to address objectives and what exactly you need to do haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by katanaeyegaming (Post 4752132)
I'll check it out and also may I ask what this is written in?

Built in Godot and written in GDScript, Godot's little Python-inspired language.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBar (Post 4752150)
Neat game, I like the trippy wormhole graphics in the intro.

I can't get past level 5 yet, I fail at the start half the time, and then the few times I was able to navigate around the first planet after the next wormhole I crashed into something else.

It seems like the cursor needs to be close to the moon for the redirect power to register the intended direction, would it be possible to make it work regardless of how far away the cursor is?

Yes normalizing that vector was a big thing for us. We had issues with scaling and getting mouse position at a normalized angle, definitely going to be another thing we relook.

Also just for clarification, this version of the game will remain as a "Jam Edition", meaning all the bugs and quirks that came with the game for the Game Jam (a limited amount of time to make said game), will stay

thanks for your time guys <3 It really means a lot

HateMyself 01-27-2021 01:37 PM

Congats bro! So do you plan to go for a pc game development?

angine 02-23-2021 04:32 AM

Congrats! I think it's great idea, love games with interesting plot