Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Coronavirus (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151781)

Funnygurl555 03-14-2020 01:01 AM

Coronavirus

how's the hysteria going

i work in a grocery store rn and stores are chaos

Matthia 03-14-2020 01:12 AM

Re: Coronavirus

My schools here still haven’t decided to shut down (yet), but absent rates have substantially increased.

flashflash account 03-14-2020 01:13 AM

I forgot about coronavirus for a while and went to walmart, grabbed a 2 liter of pop, looked at magic cards, and left
didn't notice anything out of the ordinary

gold stinger 03-14-2020 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4719340)
how's the hysteria going

I would love to hear more about general back room conversation on toilet paper, hand sanitizer, lysol wipes, or bottled water is doing.

Rapta 03-14-2020 02:12 AM

There is no toilet paper anywhere!!

I work as a cook at a Bar n Grill, and I believe the virus is going to be in our area some time within the next week based on the speed of transmission in my state, but for the moment I am still scheduled to be coming in to work.

Deadlyx39 03-14-2020 09:33 AM

Went to Walmart last night to get some rubbing alcohol cause I spilled shit on my controller. All rubbing alcohol, baby wipes, soap, latex gloves, etc. was out of stock.

Also I have no class for the next week. A ton of colleges/universities in MI closed down this past week.

WhatWhat123 03-14-2020 09:48 AM

toilet paper all outta stock, which makes me think "wait have people not been wiping their ass?"

also a friend's London trip was cancelled so now we gotta reschedule :(((

V-Ormix 03-14-2020 10:42 AM

yeee

drizzleRomanceGirl 03-14-2020 11:11 AM

my county and two more counties in the area closed down all K-12 public and private schools until april 24th and my dad is rescheduling his flight to see me; also a lot of comic and anime conventions are cancelling or rescheduling

*edit* also the preschool i work at is taking in students from grade-level schools as long as there aren’t any cases of known or suspected infections in their schools

Charu 03-14-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 (Post 4719415)
A ton of colleges/universities in MI closed down this past week.

Check your specific college/university

The college I work for, for instance, is remaining open as far as I'm aware. We're just not hosting any face-to-face classes.

So if you want literally anything from us that's not classroom related, our campus is still "kind of" open.

Like I said, it really depends on the college/university though.

Am a michigan resident in Macomb County

Psychotik 03-14-2020 11:21 AM

My work might be closing until April. We're getting more details on Monday.

TC_Halogen 03-14-2020 11:23 AM

Had forced telework as an infrastructural/stress test of our VPN and overall ability to manage our work. Went both good and bad; got stuff done but not without some issues.

Schools in this state have closed for two weeks. I imagine forced teleworking will be on the horizon for me, just once some kinks are knocked out.

TheSaxRunner05 03-14-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4719340)
how's the hysteria going

Nice, I work in grocery too. My focus is on inventory, pricing, and ordering. Can’t do much about the paper isle right now, shit is crazy.

TheSaxRunner05 03-14-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4719354)
I would love to hear more about general back room conversation on toilet paper, hand sanitizer, lysol wipes, or bottled water is doing.

We mostly just joked about selling the cases on eBay instead of stocking them. Our warehouse will only send us two cases at a time right now to ration it out.

XelNya 03-14-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4719424)
my county and two more counties in the area closed down all K-12 public and private schools until april 24th and my dad is rescheduling his flight to see me; also a lot of comic and anime conventions are cancelling or rescheduling

*edit* also the preschool i work at is taking in students from grade-level schools as long as there aren’t any cases of known or suspected infections in their schools

DRG how are the stores looking up there because down here it’s still pretty bad like, even the fucking pasta sauce were running low on stock.

Funnygurl555 03-14-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4719354)

it's a lotta ppl bitching about customers who are super mean about the shortages

damn I should get pasta sauce

PhantomPuppy 03-14-2020 01:56 PM

there was a confirmed case at the uni i went to, so they're shut down atm along with a lot of other schools in the area. luckily i graduated last semester so i don't have to deal with everything moving to online lol

melonpapes 03-14-2020 01:59 PM

all public schools in ontario are closed and the universites and colleges are closing one by one

people are lining up around the outside of costco and other grocery stores to even get inside and get supplies, and when they checkout, the lines wrap around the store. we had a presumptive case of a doctor who may have had it but cleared. I live right on the michigan border however and cases there have exploded. With the amount of back and forth travellers here in my city I feel like we will get hit pretty hard by this.

Matthia 03-14-2020 02:08 PM

annnnnnd now my schools are closed for the rest of march

Sanjixcon 03-14-2020 02:40 PM

I find it hilarious that in the face of a pandemic the most important thing to people is toilet paper